Closed Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 03:12 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 209/201.8/155

Height: 163cm

Lindor this is what I know as FACT about the Corby case:

1. Schapelle and three family/friends left Brisbane and flew to Bali via Sydney. Why fly south then fly north? I don't know.

2. At the airport in Bali, Schapelle collected her luggage and boogie board bag from the luggage collection area and proceeded to customs.

3. When the customs guy asked her to unzip her boogie board bag, she said no.

4. When he asked her again, she agreed to open it. The video of that moment shows her face turning white, before the bag was opened.

5. Customs officials found a plastic bag containing 4.1kg of cannabis in the boogie board bag - double sealed, and flattened in the shape of a rather large pillow.

6. Schapelle has claimed all along that she is innocent, and that "a baggage handler in Sydney" must have put the drugs in her bag.

7. Schapelle was found guilty in a court of law and is serving 20 years in Kerobokan prison in Bali.

8. She is currently in a legal process where she has lodged her final possible appeal. The outcome is still pending.

Everything else you hear, read or are subjected to hearing about is nothing more than opinion and speculation. EVERYTHING else - including that book she wrote with Kathryn Bonella. Don't bother reading it - it's propaganda and full of inaccuracies.

Is she any more worthy of our time and sympathy than any of the (more than) 200 other Australians serving time in foreign prisons?

My weekend is being spectacularly uneventful. I have a new housemate to contend with - and that doesn't excite me at all! And next weekend there will be a 'home open' here, so I'm making sure I have as many packed boxes stacked in the dining room as possible. That will annoy the real estate agent and landlord no end - but with my back in the state it is, I decided I will try and pack two boxes every day until I move. So far I'm up to 20 - and they're all books

I'm travelling OK with my goals today - except I haven't drunk enough water. But I'll get there!

Ani
Old 01-05-2008, 11:31 PM   #47  
Am I a senior too?

S/C/G: 74/64.2/58

Height: 153cm

Lindor I was with you on the Chapelle thoughts. I to thought she got caught as she was going to collect it. Didn't realise she was carrying it. yeah like who WOULDNT notice their bag was heavier. And look at the family history too... That wouldnt have gone well for her either.
Old 01-06-2008, 04:50 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 109.6kg/104.6kg/67kg (15/8/10)

Height: 170cm

Morning!

Weighing in at 195.4lb this morning! Yup a massive 0.2lb drop this week! Yay! Go me!

I am ok with that though. I had a massive drop last week, and I have been good all week. I don't believe I have done anything wrong, and I feel the result this week is just a part of the journey.

I am still feeling motivated, and well on track!

My goals for this week will remain as they were last week:

- 2L water a day
- Stay within 1500cal a day
- Continue (maybe with a bit more effort this week) with Mt Everest

I might end up swaying slightly off track today, but it is apparenty one of those days that I should be allowed to!!

What have I learned this week? I have learned that a block of chocolate will taste the same tomorrow as it did today, therefore I don't need to eat the whole lot today and I can enjoy somemore tomorrow!

Quote:
6) Chocolate will be my friend!!!

Ani, thanx for the run down on Corby! I find point 4 very revealing! Those bodily reactions always say the truth!!

Kel? How goes Optifast so far?

Ok, gotta run! Enjoy your Monday!
Old 01-06-2008, 04:58 PM   #49  

I know you hate fuss and fanfare, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINDOR!!! Have a great day matey

I dropped 0.5kg this week - finally a reasonable result after three weeks of creeping along

My goals for this week are:

• eat 1500 calories/day

• drink 2 litres of water/day

• average 7000 steps on my pedometer/day

• try to get below 81kg for next week's weigh in.

Ani
Old 01-06-2008, 05:13 PM   #50  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerthChick View Post
...but HAPPY BIRTHDAY LINDOR!!! Have a great day matey
Thankyou Ani

And well done on your loss today
Old 01-06-2008, 06:11 PM   #51  
It's ME!

Happy Birthday to Lindor! Hope it's a great one

Love Benji's remark Kel

I had a really nice weekend. Worked on Saturday morning then went for a nice walk around some cliffs in the afternoon. Unfortunately I forgot to put any sunblock on and now I'm very burned

Yesterday I went walking with a friend who is visiting from the North Island and then I went home and did lots of housework and cooked all of my meals for the next week. Great achievement!

Back to normal with everything else today. Working both jobs Monday - Friday and will hit the gym in between. I keep reminding myself that I've got 12 weeks of this and after that it'll all be a distant memory. I can do it!!

Old 01-06-2008, 07:17 PM   #52  
Senior Member sounds old!

S/C/G: 104/ticker/74.5kg

Height: 174cm - I think

yeah lindor
yippeeeeeee ani
happy birthday lindor
go julia! 12 weeks is nothing in the BIG picture!

i have been going pretty good with my shakes
slip ups= 1 snake, teeny bit of ham, couple cornchips, jemimas crustless leftover bread with vegemite
weightloss so far (i know i shouldnt peek...) 1kg i think 87.2 saturdays weight 88.1kg, so that helps motivate
Old 01-06-2008, 09:15 PM   #53  
It's ME!

Oh yeah, I forgot to say ...

WAY TO GO ANI!!

Old 01-06-2008, 11:35 PM   #54  
Am I a senior too?

S/C/G: 74/64.2/58

Height: 153cm

Happy Happy day Lindor. Hope you have a wonderful birthday.
Congrats Ani on yr weight loss this week. fantastic result.
I am not weighing in this week as George arrived this morning and I feel horrible, crampy and bloated. Worst I have felt with his visit in a long time. I am sure I must be up again... grrrr. Does anyone know how long after you would get correct weight results? Is it the day he disappears? or a few days later?

Its been a sad couple for days here. 4 of my and daughters friends were killed in a car accident in the very early hours of Sunday morning. She is pretty upset but we are trying to keep her as calm as possible being pregnant and all.

We have lectured our kids to know end on the effects of drink driving and / or speeding. Also just driving your mates around normally while THEY are drunk.

The girl driving only had her licence for a month, and we have curfews here in QLD about the passengers in your car in certain hours etc.... Its sad how it always takes a tragedy to make people open their eyes.

Have to run, bub asleep and housework to do.

Vonni
Old 01-06-2008, 11:52 PM   #55  

Ah Vonni ! Was that the car and semi-trailer? I read about it on the internet when it happened and was feeling sad for the families and friends. I grew up in a small town of just 500 people (well, on a farm outside the village) and I understand the impact of such tragedy on small communities.

As for your question about TOM and getting back to your right weight, it's an individual thing. For me, I gain a few pounds a day or so before, and then it's gone by day three. Other people hang on to the extra fluid for longer - and a few lucky buggers don't notice any change in their weight. I agree that it's not a good plan to weigh-in today.

Are you REALLY old enough to be becoming a grandmother?
Old 01-07-2008, 01:15 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 231/233/150

Height: 5'7''

Hi girls. I dropped in an introduced myself a few weeks back, but I've been on hols in country Central Qld and haven't had much internet access. I 'relaxed' my eating and exercise over the holidays (some might say I went completely overboard) and it feels like a relief to be getting back on track. My current weight is 106.4kgs ... my mini-goal is 100kgs by the end of February. My baby boy is getting rather active now and crawling round the house getting into all sorts of mischief so I'm not going to have time to sit on my bum, which is a very good thing!!

Happy Birthday Lindor
Old 01-07-2008, 03:00 PM   #57  
It's ME!

I'm so sorry to hear such dreadful news Vonni. It's an absolute tragedy and sadly all too common. Big hugs to all.

Welcome back Cherie. I "relaxed" my eating over Christmas too (= ate whatever I wanted) and I too am feeling really happy to be getting back on track.

I'm back writing down everything that I eat but not counting WW points at the moment. Had a pretty good day yesterday until I got home from work just after midnight when I had a slice of ham, a stick of celery with peanut butter and a popsicle. Oops

Not the best ideas I've had but not the end of the world either. I went to the gym last night for the first time in a couple of weeks and boy did I feel it. The weights all seemed a lot heavier and it was really muggy and hot so I didn't feel able to run and did a 20 minute walk instead.

I think that the 2kg I lost over Christmas is probably due to loss of muscle so I expect that I will probably gain a little over the next week.

Goal for today: eat well, hit the gym between jobs and no midnight snacking!

Old 01-07-2008, 04:39 PM   #58  

Thankyou everyone for the Birthday wishes

I was doing well until yesterday afternoon, when work threw me an afternoon tea! But given what was available there, I did pretty well for the day I think, by only exceeding my calorie budget by just under 200cal - and I blame that on the ice cream cake!

I failed to do my step ups last night. I am fast coming to the conclusion that I just don't enjoy doing them! I really wish it wasn't so hot here. I loved it when I was walking to work in the cooler months and that is just what I want to do again! Maybe I will have to set up a walk track within my flat?

Water wasn't too bad yesterday, although I probably could have done with a little bit more.

But back to it full force today

Vonni, sorry to hear of your news. I recall reading about it on the day too - first road fatalities for the year? Very tragic regardless of the cause.

Cherie, welcome back.

Julia, I think your midnight snack was very well controlled!

Have a good one all!
Old 01-07-2008, 05:19 PM   #59  
Senior Member sounds old!

S/C/G: 104/ticker/74.5kg

Height: 174cm - I think

oh vonni, that is awful must be so hard to not be able to "fix" it when your daughter is upset, i didnt realise the 4 that died were young.... that is so sad

everyone else sounds like they are in an awesome mindframe and will all lose weight this week!

i went to bodypump did a little cardio and took the dogs and baby for a walk yesterday so i am in right mindframe too.... i almost plan to stick with optifast only until jemima's birthday as i know i can lose 1kg a week with sensible eating so hopefully after 5 weeks i will be at a weight where i can do that or at least maintain for a bit and then see where i want to be for my birthday late april
Old 01-07-2008, 05:37 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 231/233/150

Height: 5'7''

Julia, that's a very respectable midnight snack. I always tend to go for high calorie, high fat foods when the snack attack hits ... chips, nuts etc ... so I'm impressed by your restraint.

Vonni, I heard about that accident on the news. Absolutely tragic. I hope your daughter is coping with it OK.

Lindor, good luck getting back into it today.

I'm off to the gym this morning for the first time since going away on hols. I'm hoping I get time to have a decent workout - my son is super grizzly today (teeth) so may not go well in th gym creche.

I was a bit naughty last night & had 2 glasses of champagne. It was a bottle I was given for my 30th birthday in November & it called to me every time I opened the fridge door lol.

ETA: you posted while I was posting Smylie. WTG on all your exercise yesterday!!! You are an inspiration.

Last edited by ~Cherie~; 01-07-2008 at 05:39 PM.
Closed Thread