Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 03:00 PM   #181  
It's ME!

Go Kel! That's so cool about your new swimsuit! It's a great feeling eh. I've got a pair of trousers that I brought back from the UK with me. They're a UK size 20 which is around a NZ size 18 but seem to be quite a small cut and I was thrilled to find in the weekend that they now fit me

I managed to drag my weary bones to the gym last night. Didn't do any cardio at all but I did do my weights. Weighed in and *drumroll please* I've lost another 900g!

Whoot Whoot!

I had a splitting headache all night but managed to go to work and stick it out till midnight and it wasn't nearly as bad as I feared it would be. And it's almost the weekend and we like that.

Have a good one ladies.

Old 01-23-2008, 03:54 PM   #182  
Senior Member sounds old!

S/C/G: 104/ticker/74.5kg

Height: 174cm - I think

go julia!!!! 900grams is awesome

i am 82.6kg today that is 2kg since last thursday

not sure if i will make it to the gym today, jemima is sick and even if she seems better i have a feeling she will be sleepy by the time it is time to go...
but i'll drag the dogs for a walk if that is the case.....

gotta go be a mummy now, benji going to work, i've got a headache just thinking about it....
Old 01-23-2008, 06:28 PM   #183  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

well done on the weight loss girls.. i lost a pound on the 20th and have been stuck there ever since lol.. stupid slow weight loss lol..

Anyway i had a great day yesturday i watched my calories carefully because i was gonna make hubby his favourite meal . i had left about 800 calories for dinner last night (shepards pie) and lucky i did . He came home at 4 and said hunny im taking you out for dinner ..
you could have knocked me backwards. the last time i didnt cook dinner was my birthday in october last year lol. He took the kids with us and had a great time. We ordered the kids a fish and chips meal to share, i took the batter off the fish do Leah could eat it . chips are ok the worst thing they can have on them is the oil they are cooked in and oil doesnt have preseravtive or food colourings , so pretty safe for her , the batter however could have any combination of crap in it lol..

John got us both chicken snitzel with mushroom sauce.. yum and chips and veg. he also got me a lemon soft drink lol .. ( but i had a plan lol .. i had one mouth ful of the drink to please him thern gave the rest to Cameron lol..) i gave all but a couple of my chips to leah and i ate my veg and half th schnitzel then scrapped the crumb off the rest and shared it between Cam and Leah lol.. The snitzel was as big as the plate lol.. half would have been one chicken breast so that is what i put in fitday lol .. and when i got home and put it all in i was at 1837 for the day woohooo.. lol lucky i saved them cals lol..

I did 30 minutes elliptical and then 30 minutes hi lo workout yesturday morning so it was great day .

John is coming closer to making his mind up about work he went and passed him advanced scaffolding ticket last week and there is a job in Gove NT where they are paying 3 times the rate he gets here. they provide all meals a laundry service and fly you in and out 3 weeks on 1 week off and there is a lake near by where he can go fishing lol.

I will be fine with the kids they are both very good kids and 3 weeks isnt that long before they see him again. the only thing is the job goes all the way until october . so we will have to get used to a very different lifestyle with lots of trips to the airport.(in my car is a problem the airport is 30 minutes from my house lol)

We have one income and its enough for us to get by . but its not enough when something goes wrong. My car is on its last legs and we cant get it fixed.. It is a 1984 ford meteor, the exhaust is stuffed it leaks oil and water and the cv joints are now starting to knock , the wipers and head lights only work when the want too and the front door doesnt like to unlock , If you go anywhere longer then 20-30 minutes it over heats and spits out water lol... So i stay home worried that if i go out i will break down again with 2 kids in the car .. i would a have broken down in it over 50 times in the 3 years that i have had it lol. So if he does the work away he will buy me a newer car with less problems i want a small station wagon , but we will see lol..

So if he does go away and i loose alot of weight one week .. you know i have had to walk home carrying 2 kids from the airport lol..
Old 01-23-2008, 06:43 PM   #184  

S/C/G: 209/201.8/155

Height: 163cm

Well done Julia and Kel - love your work !

Amy I feel your pain about driving a car that needs heaps of work. I used to own an old Corolla (a really reliable car in lots of ways but it was way past it). I bought it for $500, had it for 7 years… so I can't complain. But I was never game to go too far in it .

Good day for me yesterday - 1530 calories, 2.4L of water and a 40 minute walk. Today it's going to be really hot here so I will do a weights session in the airconditioning instead of going for a walk.

Barb what happened with your mum? Is she OK now? And what's happening with your weight loss?

Gen are you on plan this week?

Lindor are you OK?
Old 01-23-2008, 08:59 PM   #185  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

Well done Julia and Kel!

Ani, I just noticed how close the end of your obesity is - I am *so* proud of you!

I am doing okay this week. I have zero motivation, but I'm doing it anyhow. I even got through the arrival of TTOM without buying chocolate! I have been drinking my water, and stayed within 100 cals of my target every day this week.

So did NOT feel like it today, but I had my PT appointment and now feel better. I also increased my PT appointments for next week to 1 x 30 min and 1 x 60 min. I bought a package of 10 sessions, and my move is coming up so I gotta use them up.

I have a big meet coming up in mid-April in NYC. I help to run a band's website/discussion board and a bunch of the fans from all over the world are getting together for a long weekend. I have met several of them before (some of my best friends) but a lot I haven't. That is my next target for weight loss! It's 12 weeks away, and I would like to be under 88kg (preferably nearer 85!).
Old 01-24-2008, 03:02 AM   #186  

Thanks Gen . At this stage of the week I feel reasonably confident of another drop on Monday - as long as I keep sticking to my goals.

I'm glad you've got some new goals to work towards as well. YAY!

You know, if I had to rely on feeling motivated I don't think I'd lose much weight. Most of the time I do this without motivation - it's why I'm a big believer in writing down my goals every morning, and then working towards them.

A friend emailed me a photo today. It was me when I was 105kg, and I nearly fell over with shock… It's the first time I've really seen me at my biggest . Not nice!!!
Old 01-24-2008, 05:05 AM   #187  

amy - my hubby a mechanic so if we were in the same state i'd have him over there in a flash to sort your car out!!!

ani - i wish we could see your before and now photos?? maybe you could fuzzy them out like you are a criminal?? hehehehe 5 pounds to go!!

gen - all these other websites i sometimes visit have 12 weeks challenges.... are you up for it??? we should have one...... but i never look into them so i dont know what it involves.... and we all kinda help eachother all through the year anyway.... hmmmmmm maybe we have a challenge that WE ALL DRINK 2L WATER EVERYDAY hmmmmm
3 months for me would bring me close to my birthday end of april so that would be interesting especially after jemima's birthday when i am going to ease up BIG TIME on the optifast probably go to one shake a day maximum two.... or HOPEFULLY i'll be pregnant and that will be an even BIGGER challenge to keep weight off!
Old 01-24-2008, 05:06 AM   #188  

ps - ani - we cant show you his face coz he is a dentist, maybe you could do a after shot with your back to the camera.... hmmmm
Old 01-24-2008, 07:59 AM   #189  

S/C/G: 109.6kg/104.6kg/67kg (15/8/10)

Height: 170cm

I'm here! And still well on plan!

I just don't seem to have much to say just now...feeling kinda stuck in a rut with my life at the moment! I feel everything I say and do is boring and not to mention unhelpful.

Good to see you fighting on Gen! The US seems to be happening really fast now!! You must be getting excited!

Ani, it must have been nice once you got over the initial shock of seeing that photo and realising how far you have come? I think you have done well to get this far with all the dramas you have had hurled at you! I hope you keep that photo nearby as a reminder of all the good work you have done for YOURSELF! Well done mate

Tomorrow is Friday too, Ani? Are you settled on a final decision yet with regard to where you are going with your magazine and the future?

Kel and Julia, great results! Keep up the good work!

Amy, these fly in fly out jobs are becoming very popular! And they pay really well! And I have to admit, it would be my ideal relationship too! Good luck with it!

That's me for now, gotta hit that sack! Have a good one ladies
Old 01-24-2008, 09:38 AM   #190  
Bringing Sexy Back!

S/C/G: 125kg/125kg/70kg

Height: 164cm

Holy crap its been AGES since I've been on here! The main reason, being that I've moved to Perth! (my computer only got here two weeks ago and I only just managed to set it up. For some reason it was behind all my other stuff. Stupid work removal company)

Still fat. Still wanting to lose weight. Have a bit more motivation, as my mum's ex best friend dropped dead in November last year, and was bigger than I am. I refuse to die at 38. I'm now going to Weight Watchers (despite the fact I've paid for SureSlim, I have to pay MORE to use them over here! Never using them again) and enjoying it. Lost around 4kg since November. It might be slow, but I'm still losing. Playing softball again (and LOVING IT! Can't believe I forgot how much I loved the game. Also playing indoor netball too, which I'm thoroughly enjoying and its quite a workout in the 40 degree heat with no air con!

Bad thing is, my back issues decided to flare up again. Consedering last time they did (or when I first got them) two years ago, I had to stop playing softball (and I was playing state league at that point) stopped going to the gym and put 20kg I'm kinda terified. It started yesterday and I couldn't work today. I've already been to the physio and I will just keep on trucking. I REFUSE to let this beat me again. I did weights tonight with my PT, even though I couldn't do back exercises. I just need to keep that up and it will come good again. (in all the fuss over moving, I've been slack with the gym, which is where I think the back pains come from) Also, why did no-one tell me about hot packs last time I had back issues? They are made of win!

Having just looked at my counter (and I'd honestly forgot what I weighed) I'd gone back up to 120kg when I went to WW (the second hotel I stayed in had no kitchen in it. So I wasn't eating breakfest and dinner was at their fat filled resteraunt every night. Did quite well to only put on 3kg) Am now 116kg.

These are my goals for '08.

I want to have lost 30kg. I want to be health and happy. I want to be able to RUN fast(er)! (I'll never be fast) I want to only wear one sports bra!

Last edited by Renny Sue; 01-24-2008 at 09:40 AM.
Old 01-24-2008, 03:46 PM   #191  
It's ME!

Welcome back RennySue! It's great to see you back here. Great to hear that you're re-committed to your goals and sounding positive.

Thanks for checking in Lindor. I'm sure that what you have to say is neither boring nor unhelpful so please don't run too far away!

Ani, I know what you mean about seeing a "fat photo" of yourself. I have a particularly hard time when I see my old measurements. Surely I wasn't that fat!! Er, yes, I was. I just didn't realise or accept it at the time. Great feeling though to see how far you've come.

Kel I like the sound of a 12 week challenge. Most of the gyms around town do them apart from my bloody gym! Drives me nuts as I'd love to do one. A friend did one where the trainers and nutritionists at her gym help you with your diet and with a training programme and she did really well.

Amy it sounds like you're going great guns with your workouts. Awesome stuff!

As for me, I forgot to prepare my bircher muesli last night so am sitting here starving and will go for an early morning tea/late brekky of coffee and a weight watchers muffin at 10.00. Hit the gym last night, did weights and a 20 minute run which damn near killed me but I got through it. Tonight I'll go to the gym and do a 40 minute walk.

Tomorrow night I'm going out for dinner with a friend. She had a night out on the tiles for her birthday a couple of weeks ago and I'm very proud to say that I stayed away as I didn't feel I could be around all those people drinking lots at that stage so we're having a catch up dinner instead. I'm really proud of myself for keeping out of a potentially bad situation and arranging a nice alternative. I bought a copy of Ratatouille on DVD so will watch that at some stage too. If any of you like animated movies and haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. Tres cute

As each week passes I'm realising more and more that my diet and keeping up lots of exercise has a massive impact on keeping depression at bay. My medication does most of the work but I definitely feel a lot better when I'm exercising daily so my goal is to keep up going to the gym at least 4 times a week and perhaps go for a walk on the other days. It's worth it for my sanity!

Have a great day ladies

Old 01-24-2008, 04:38 PM   #192  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

kiwi it great to hear the exercise is making you feel better we took the kids to see ratatoullie at the theatre its a great movie lol.. I will get it when it is cheap on ebay lol...

Hiya sue nice to meet you . Moving accross the country could not have been light work do you think it was that , that has made your back flare up?

lol lindor ,, its ok my hubby is nicer to me and appreciates me more when he does work away , he might ignore me at home but when hes away he'll ring and talk to me 2 or 3 times a day lol... sad really i know but its almost easier if he is not here when he is unhappy ans stressed and with his current job he is both of those..

lol smylie my car isnt worth fixing but thanks for the thought .
Old 01-24-2008, 06:52 PM   #193  

Height: 5'5"

Ani. My mum had a major asthma attack. They couldn't get her oxygen saturation levels above 80. She had to stay in for three days this time and they only let her out because she wasn't sleeping. She told them if she goes home she'll be able to rest and get better, so they let her come home and she went right back to work. Doesn't seem to matter what we tell her, she still can't see that no job is worth your good health.

I had lost all of my motivation back there for a little while. I'd stopped taking my med's and couldn't see the positive side of anything. I felt like I was on a fast ride to...........I don't know where (or would rather not think where), but I'm back on them now and am feeling a lot more stable now.

I got a major shock a little over a week ago when I stepped on the scales and saw that I was a glass of water away from being triple figures again. Boy did that scare me into doing something about it! Kids are back at school from Tuesday so the walking starts again then, but for now I'm eating really well and keeping busy.
Old 01-24-2008, 08:41 PM   #194  

Kel when I get to 75kg I will post pics of me. Believe me, you wouldn't want to see a 'taken from behind' pic of me yet. Wait until I lose some more weight .

Renny Sue welcome back, and welcome to Perth! Are you north or south of the river? What made you come over here?

Barb have you thought about setting smaller goals? The only way I've managed to succeed with my weight loss was to set goals of 5kg. When I first jumped on the scales and saw 105kg I almost fainted, and I felt completely overwhelmed. I didn't believe for a minute that I could lose 35kg - but I knew that if I worked at it I could lose 5kg.

Even now, having done it five times, I still get a bit overwhelmed if I think about how much further I have to go. I'm very close to 80kg now, and when I get there I will set myself another goal; to just lose 5kg. It's the only way I have been able to realistically manage long-term weight loss.

And I have also found that the most important things I can do for myself are to:

• Plan my meals every morning;
• Drink 2L water every day;
• Count calories;
• Even when I don't exercise, to do something that makes me "move" every day. Whether it's housework, shopping, gardening - doesn't matter, as long as it makes me move;
• To be honest and stay here in these forums even when my weight goes up;
• To keep sticking to my goals even when I don't feel like it; and
• To educate myself about food and its relationship with my body.

And I think the biggest change I made in my head was to understand that this is not a diet, and that my goal was to change the way I live my life. Weight loss isn't the goal - it is the means to achieving my goal, which is to feel better, look better and be healthier… and therefore able to do more things with my life.

Lindor the decision is made. The first thing I did this morning was to write a Media Release to let everyone know that I will cease publishing - effective today. I am sad, but I am sure.

Ani
Old 01-25-2008, 04:36 AM   #195  

OK WHO DRANK 2L OF WATER TODAY!!???
not me ! heheheh i suck and it my challenge!!
who's in

Barb - i want you to be in.... I want you to do that ONE thing before the kids go back on tuesday, i think you need to acheive one goal at a time rather than saying that on tuesday you will "start" yes eating well and keeping busy is good but did you drink 2L water??? It will be so awesome for you to lose the weight for when you get together with your sisters.....!!!!!!!!
It is just 4 x 600ml water bottles!!!

I have done 3 today i think but then had a cokezero for dinner, although the night is still young i will have another one now!!
so i take it back I will have done it!!!

lets go ONE thing at a time and when we master that one thing bring on another
so maybe we can think of 12 things, each week we master one of those things
week one WATER

i am a **** when i want to be...... sorry
Closed Thread