Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 05:59 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 209/201.8/155

Height: 163cm

Alright - time to slap myself! I've had four days of being really off-track… and I mean REALLY off-track, and it stops now!

I'm p!ssed off with the landlord. She's coming here tomorrow (an hour before the 'home open') and wants to move some of my things around to cover up the flaws in HER house. She was irritable with me yesterday because, after the house being on the market for three weeks there hasn't been a single nibble from potential buyers.

How does that translate into being mad at me?

Apparently she had it in her head that the house would sell quickly - while I was still living in it, and my rent was paying her mortgage - and now things are financially "difficult" for her.

It's an old fibro house on a half block of land - and she's trying to sell it for $750,000. Pfft! Doesn't take an Einstein to work out the reason for the lack of interest.

Anyway I made a promise to myself this morning that I won't let her or anyone else railroad me from my weight loss. Today I'm going to eat 1500 calories or less, drink 2L of water and walk 10,000 steps. And I'm going to use my 'angry energy' to pack a whole room. The landlord wants fresh flowers on the table and a cake baking in the oven when people come through tomorrow… as long as she provides it she can knock herself out.

My contribution will be another mountain of packed boxes
Old 01-10-2008, 09:24 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 202/191/155

Height: 5 FT- 5 INCHES

G,day everyone I thought I would just pop in and say Hi after I recieved a lovely invite from Perthchick to join you all.
So I,ll start by introducing myself I,m Julie or Juls I have 5 grown kids 10 grandkids 5 of each I live in the central west country area of Sydney NSW.
I am following WW,s points plan I,m getting there but a bit slower than I would like at times, I,m looking forward to getting to know you all and thank,s again for the invite Perthchick, I have checked your forum out at times but I have been a bit to shy to just jump in. I have just hit the big 50 in November but I don,t feel it or look it so I,m told.
Anyway take care bye for now.

JULS
Old 01-11-2008, 03:11 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 109.6kg/104.6kg/67kg (15/8/10)

Height: 170cm

I'm here!! Sorry for my absence! I've been kinda snowed under.

I have managed to remain on track all the way, so I am happy with that!

Well apart from the step-ups! I don't have the momentum just now, so I think I am going to concentrate my calorie intake and water and take the exercise as it comes...if it comes!

Just want to throw in an URGENT REQUEST here if I can?

I need a list of healthy, low calorie snacks before the end of the weekend! The catch is, these items need to be able to live for a while without refridgeration and withstand sitting in a hot car for a whole afternoon!

See I am away for work again for the week on Monday. I need to drive to my destination and start work in the morning and I can't check in to my motel until at least 2pm (probably 5pm). In the past, on these trips, I take little in the way of snacks and find myself ordering huge meals from roomservice! I want to avoid that this time, and the plan is SNACKS!

Juls, welcome to Aussie Chicks! We are a cool bunch here and we discuss all aspects of weight-loss from the kilos to the mental stressors that have us reaching for food! Feel free to chat about anything!

Ani! I am looking forward to the day you move out for you too!! What a nightmare, and what a selfish, ungrateful cow your landlord is!! Here's an idea, and I did this when I moved out of a house I was sharing in...

...just before you move out purchase half a kilo of raw, whole prawns. On the day you move out, make the last thing you do be to shove a prawn into the ends of the curtain rods. It will take a day or two before the smell will be noticable, by which time who'd think to blame you? Just an idea!

I hope you are having a better day with your goals today

Julia, how good is it to hear you sounding happier! And what an encouraging thing for your personal trainer say!

Butter ball! I was just thinking about you the other day, along with all the other Aussie Chicks that have disappeared in the course of time! Know that I am throwing handfuls of Willpower Dust your way!

Kel, well done on your loss!

Alright, gotta run (again!). Have a good weekend ladies!

Last edited by Lindor; 01-11-2008 at 03:15 AM.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:37 AM   #79  

Juls it's great to see you over here. I know it can be hard to jump into an established group - but we often have new people join up, and we're always thrilled. For me, who is more than halfway there, it gives me the chance to "give something back" by supporting other women. I've really relied on the support of everyone here - and I come here pretty much every day.

Are you near Sydney? I grew up on a farm between Dubbo and Orange in NSW - great part of the world. It can be harsh, but the sense of community is something I've never found in the city. Not the same, in any case.

Lindor do you have an esky? Are you talking about food that has to withstand hot weather? And are you after ideas for snacks or meals? I'm not very good at low calorie snacks, but when I have one it's usually:

• Half a packet of Snakata (200 cals)

• Uncle Toby's breakfast bar (114 cals)

• 2 Ryvita with vegemite (about 80 cals)

• Banana, strawberries and passionfruit (about 120 cals)

• Mixed nuts or trail mix (measured out to about 120 cals)

• Celery and carrot sliced up (really yummy and refreshing for when you're driving - and bugger-all calories)

That's all I can think of. I am really not creative at all when it comes to food.

By the way, I like your idea about prawns. I have done absolutely nothing towards cleaning the house for tomorrow's 'home open'. I'll get up and burn a few calories tomorrow morning

Back on track today with food, and almost there with water.

I'm going through a sea-change at the moment, and have almost decided on a career change. I'll always be a writer, because that's who I am, but I want to see what it's like to have a regular job with a secure income for a while.

I'll ponder that for a couple of weeks - but change is definitely in the wind, in more ways than one!

Ani
Old 01-11-2008, 05:54 AM   #80  
Am I a senior too?

S/C/G: 74/64.2/58

Height: 153cm

Welcome Juls. Echo everything already said from the welcoming committee. lol. Ani about the prawns in the curtain rods........ what about on the roof? they go in the guttering and can be hard to find.
Went shopping KIDLESS today and lunch with the other half. The first time in almost 2 years for both things. We had a lovely day, and I think if we make time for a 'date' it will help us get back on track.

I got a new iron.... mine disappeared. Some clothes from pumpkin patch for the coming grandbaby. a new ironing board and some school stuff for the kids. Oh and a pair of jeans that cost a whole big $12.88. And a new bag and a RED wallet. aparently red attracts money so........

Anyhow now I am broke so need to go have coffee and not think about my bank balance.

Have a great weekend all.

Vonni xxx
Old 01-11-2008, 05:17 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 202/191/155

Height: 5 FT- 5 INCHES

Thanks everyone for the welcome.

Ani I live in Peak Hill in between Parkes and Dubbo and I know what you mean about community I have been here for nearly 5yrs and the people are so different from Sydney, here they all smile and say G,day even if they don,t know you, in Sydney if you smile at someone they just glare at you or think your going to mug em or something LOL.

Lindor some great snack ideas from Ani you could also try,

1 WW,S crispbread with a tble spoon of cottage cheese ( 100 )cals
1 WW,S ice cream or dessert about 100 to 150 cals
2 cups of air popped pop corn
2 celery sticks with a tble spoon of peanut butter.
Also go to WW,S forum here at 3fc look under recipes there are some great snack ideas there.
I,m not to sure on the raw prawns I think I would feel sorry for who ever moves in next but she does sound like a real cow I think when the time came for me to have to move I would leave all my junk behind and let her get rid of it.
I,m of to a good start to the new year back on track after the holidays eating lots of salads but lack of motivation some times with exercise it is just so hot here but I have moved my exercise bike into the lounge room in front of the air con and I am getting a treadmill so I hope I find my exercise mojo again. I currently weigh 87kgs I was 92kgs when I started 6mths ago so I,m getting there a bit slower than I would like but 5kgs isn,t to bad I guess. My goal is 75kgs that seems to be where my body stops at when I have lost in the past.
Take care everyone bye for now.

JULS
Old 01-11-2008, 06:04 PM   #82  
It's ME!

Hi Jules, welcome to our group it's an awesome group of ladies who post here so I hope you stick around and get to enjoy the support and advise as much as I do.

I have been thinking about my diet and trying to think of ways to get more protein and vegetables in. Not so easy now that I cook all the weeks meals on Sunday so it has to last in the fridge for a few days. This week I'm going to try cooking up a big stirfry with brown rice, chicken and veggies. I'm also going to stock up on fruit for snacks.

Lindor, all I can think of is muesli bars and fruit but then I'm not great on being imaginative with food!

This morning I've been looking at recipes on a bodybuilding site and came across this: 7 TBS chocolate protein powder, 1 TBS melted butter, 1/2 cup coconut, 1 cup oats. Mix with enough milk to make it stick together then roll into balls, roll in coconut and set in the fridge. Sounds fantastic in theory so I'm going to try make some tomorrow. I hope they work as they would be a good low fat sweet snack.

The weather here is absolutely gorgeous today so I'm looking forward to finishing work at 1pm and getting out into it. I'm going to go shopping with the vouchers I have and am hoping to get some shoes, socks and some gym shorts.

Have a great weekend ladies.

Old 01-11-2008, 06:54 PM   #83  
Senior Member sounds old!

S/C/G: 104/ticker/74.5kg

Height: 174cm - I think

lindor - purchase cooler bag and mini icebrick
then fill with mushrooms dip them in sweet chili sauce
celery dipped in salsa
vegemite on everything
thats what is feeding me between 'meals' at the moment

85.1kg - so optifast week one over and 3kg lost
plan to slow down now and get ww books out for new exciting dinner ideas

baby pulling my hair gotta go.... but welcome juls
Old 01-12-2008, 05:24 AM   #84  
Am I a senior too?

Wasnt to bad today but not to good with the water either.
I have had 2 coffees, 2 hot cross buns for brekky, a handful of grapes at morning tea, a toasted cheese (light) and meat sandwich for lunch and pasta with capsicum and no fat bacon for dinner. Only a glass of water. Its just not hot and I tend not to drink if I am not thirsty.

How is everyone else going so far? Kel whoohooo on the 3kg.
Old 01-12-2008, 05:24 AM   #85  
Am I a senior too?

PS........... they were MINI hot cross buns
Old 01-12-2008, 08:58 AM   #86  
Senior Member sounds old!

S/C/G: 104/ticker/74.5kg

Height: 174cm - I think

pretty sure the nice piece of pavlova is not on the allowed list.......
oh well one day off is not bad
water makes such a difference though........
why is that?
Old 01-12-2008, 08:46 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 117.7/63.7/60

Height: 168

I'm back - got sunburned to buggery on my shoulders and back.. ouch! I did have sunscreen on, but I was swimming with my nephews and didn't reapply.. it wasn't even hot, but apparently the sun was there somewhere!
Old 01-13-2008, 07:04 AM   #88  

My neighbour just pointed out to me that I am sunburned as well. I went to Mandurah to visit friends today, and we ended up in Pinjarra - lovely day! Lovely part of the world.

Didn't quite stay on plan today - but it has been one of those weeks. Not expecting a loss tomorrow, but all my own fault.

Hey Juls I know Peak Hill. My family farm is 8km outside Yeoval - huge town of about 500 people ! I'm going home for a visit in a couple of months - once I am moved and settled.

Lindor when are you going away?
Old 01-13-2008, 02:59 PM   #89  
It's ME!

Not a wonderful weekend food-wise but that's life eh. Back on track today, I've got great food prepared - salad for lunch and stir fry for dinner and lots of fruit to snack on. I'm very good with my water intake during the week but not so in the weekends so that's something to work on. Went for a 40 minute walk yesterday but that was all in terms of exercise on the weekend.

I was reading back over my food and training diary and was amazed with the following changes since June last year:

Waist measurement changed from 108cm to 92cm
Chest measurement changed from 113cm to 103cm
Hip measurement changed from 122cm to 110cm

Blimey! I'm so glad that I kept all my measurements so that I can see just how far I've come. I wish I'd listened to my friend and taken photos during the weight loss. It's funny that you can lose a lot of weight and not feel that you look any different.

Here's to a great week for us all
Old 01-13-2008, 03:57 PM   #90  

Phew - dropped 0.4kg this week. Don't know how, because there were four bad days in there...

This week I am going to concentrate on meeting my goals: 1500 cals/day, 2 litres water/day and 10,000 steps!

Good luck to everyone else with weighing in this week.

Ani
Closed Thread