Old 08-25-2007, 09:03 AM   #181  

A quickie...
Good Morning! Slept in til 8am. The same time my father in law arrived at the door. He and hubby and DS are cutting down a tree for the new neighbour in exchange for all the wood. We are all having breaky. I need to shower and go to work to do a wedding. A very rainy day here.

Making dill pickles this aft. The house already smells devine, just from the dill being here.

Mucho cleaning , laundry and gardening tomorrow and maybe some bread and butter pickles. More of the same on Monday as well as back to school shopping. I am working Tuesday aft to do a model for a photo shoot.

Gettin a move on................
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 11:30 AM   #182  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Howdy chicks,

Going to be another warm one today. Will be heading to the pool shortly to get some sun with my water Days are getting shorter - I'm noticing already. Like Ruth said - it's pitch dark at 5:30 in the morning. All the more reason not to get up then, right?

Mel - maybe Jen and Ritchie should move to Montana. Read an article online today that unemployment rates are so low that they can't get enough people to fill the jobs. Beautiful country during the summer but way too cold of a winter for me to tolerate. Brrrr. I think it's a good thing that we all kind of scale back down to the simpler things - in all realms of life. Isn't it wierd how you can just FEEL autumn coming all through your body? I notice the downturn in seasons more than any other time. I can't believe September is just about here.

Yesterday I had something to eat that I thought I wanted and I thought would taste good but it wasn't. Not healthy at all and afterwards it just made me sick. I went to bed early feeling yucky and wishing I could savor this memory for the next time I feel tempted by something my common sense says to.

Ceejay - thanks to Mel I see you have a birthday on Monday. Take the day off. Tell your boss we all said it was ok As for the washer - are you using too much detergent or the wrong kind? I can only use the low sudsing stuff in mine and I switched to liquid a long time ago as I found the powder stuff tended to clump up. The fabric softener cup needs rinsing on a regular basis too as that stuff really gets sticky. I've thinned mine out with a bit of water which did away with the problem.

Madcat - I had heard that about the waistline size. I would love to abide - tell my fat cells to quick working overtime

Ruth - the flowers sound pretty. How did you work the black into the arrangements? Why would people pick black for anything other than tuxes anyhow? Glad to hear they got the knee pain under control. Be careful with the pain meds tho. My mom's knees are killing her and she started getting huge and I mean HUGE bruises from life's little bumps when her blood thinned out too much from the pain reliever.

Shad - does this mean you are working through the weekend? Hope not. Sounds like you are innundated with work. So am I but I'm trying to ignore it.

I should get a move on here. Lots I want to do. Starting with a phone call to my aunt who's sick. The nurse told my cousin that there's not much time left and I've been meaning to call her for the last 3 weeks now.

Hellos to Carla, Meadow, Holly and the rest of the chicks. Enjoy your weekend.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 11:38 AM   #183  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

HOLLY IS GETTING A QUICKIE ON A SATURDAY MORNING?? GO HOLLY GO!

THE KIDS DROPPED OFF MY EAS PROTEIN SHAKES AND BARS. THEY FOUND THEM ON SALE. SO I DECIDED DECIDED TO GET A MOVE ON. I REALLY AM TIRED OF FEELING NAUSEOUS. IT'S THE LOW BLOOD SUGAR AND I KNOW IT. I AM SATURATED IN SUGAR. SO.....
CHICKEN IS BROILED, TURKEY LITESPICE CHILI IS MADE, RICE IS STEAMED, VEGGIES ARE STEAMED, SALAD IS MADE, OATMEAL IS COOKING AS I TYPE AND SOME OF THE 4 CASES OF WATER THEY BOUGHT IS IN THE FRIDGE. I REALIZED THAT I CANNOT WAIT TILL SEPTEMBER. ONE MORE WEEK OF NOT CARING AND I MIGHT BE OVER 190! SO I GOT BUSY AND PREPPED MY FOOD FOR THE WEEK....MORE OR LESS. BUT THE BULK IS READY.
THE IRON OF IT ALL IS THAT 2 OLD FRIENDS CONTACTED ME FROM THE OTHER THREAD THIS MORNING. THE BRAND NEW FORUM CHANGES ARE "EYE" FRIENDLY. VERY LARGE PRINT. SO I'LL GIVE IT ONE LAST GO.
AT LEAST GET BACK INTO THE 170'S.
I FEEL LIKE CHATTY CATHY TODAY!!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 11:41 AM   #184  
Happy September

TO HAPPY!!! HELLO SOUTHERN BELLE!! I AM SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE AUNT. HOPE THE TOOTH FEELS BETTER TODAY ALSO!
Old 08-25-2007, 11:59 AM   #185  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Oy! Just back from Church Tiddling and it looks good - EXCEPT the flower arrangements in the windows need a bow. When will I learn to check arrangements for the angle of viewing? So.....I am off to my ****-hole of a sewing room to mess around with ribbon (if I have any) and tulle! (Note to Self: Tidy that room before Hollyhock sees it!)

Why oh why do I volunteer for these things?
Because you love doing it, dummy!
Shaddup, Ruthless!

By the way, I used very dark purple tradescantia (Wandering Jew) for black in one of the arrangements just to keep Bridezilla happy!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 06:29 PM   #186  
Happy September

OMG!!! HAPPY WAS TODAY THE DAY FOR THE CALL? JEN JUST FOUND MY POST-IT STUCK ON THE FRIDGE!! OH I AM SO SORRY. WE WERE RESEARCHING THE LIBRARY OF CONGRESS FOR SOMEONE IN PUERTO RICO. SHE'S GOING BLIND AND HER FRIEND LIVES ON MY FLOOR. YOU MIGHT NOT HAVE WANTED TO TALK ANYWAY WITH THAT POOR TOOTH. LET ME KNOW WHEN ANOTHER GOOD TIME IS. I'M SORRY. WE'RE GOING TO DELIVER AND EXPLAIN THE INFO NOW. TTFN!
Old 08-25-2007, 08:39 PM   #187  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Just got back from Paragould with a very nice visit.

Got my pedicure done on Friday afternoon. I recommend each of you getting one. It does poor aching feet good. My aunt and uncle gave me a birthday supper Friday night. There son's and family was there also. Today we went out to a local resturant with my other uncles and had another feast. I have two uncles who have birthday's this month also. It's been a good week end but short.

Mel--I recieved both the e-card and regular birthday card. Thank you very much. We must both be on the same page today. I've baked some chicken to have this week. I'm lazy, I use the instant oatmeal in packets.

Happy--hope the tooth is doing better.

Holly--I love the smell of pickles being made. I think it's the seasonings. bread and butter pickles are my favorite.

Ruth--I've been to a wedding that was black and white. I'm sure everyone will think you've done an awesome job.

Carla, Shad, Meadow, and Madcat--Hello--
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 09:50 PM   #188  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all, Sunday comes and here I am in the office. The co-worker who swore he would be here is not, and really I did not expect it. It's pelting down out there, we have the promise of a thunderstorm but it is really not hot enough, wrong type of cloud etc.etc.etc. I don't expect one. It's also windy and the umbrella turned inside out twice on the way down the hill.
Seems we are all fine tuning our challenges. I've decided on a 86% yes rate - that gives me one day to be bad if required. And I am aiming for 2 kilos. It can be done and will be done

Ceejay - Happy birthday for tomorrow (our Monday) may you have a wonderful time, a wonderful day, and a wonderful year.

Ruth - Acid reflux followed by a thunderstorm. One presumes the thunderstorm was outside the body, outside the house even, not literally following an acid reflux session. Oh pooh! Joys of the English language
The flowers sounded very nice. Photos???? I love Queen Annes Lace. So delicate looking, such a bl**dy weed in my garden! (however it is a nice weed)

Mel - singing through Spain: -

Granada,
I am falling under your spell,
And if you could speak,
What a fascinating tale you'd tell,
of an age so long forgotten

Etc etc. Sung best by Sir Howard Morrison although I think Tony Williams did a good version and............

Lady of Spain I adore you,
Right from the moment I saw you
La la alala

Blue Spanish eyes....

I wax lyrical at the moment. Maybe it is the thought of all those days and hours I can't fill. Suggested a name of a currently out of work tech writer who would do the job for us, to the style **** , but she says he hasn't enough experience! Like the rest of my team does?????? I think he has as much if not more than one and definitely more than the other and besides which he was one of my roosters in Townsville and I know what he is capable of.
RCM is reliability centred maintenance - something which should be practiced in your building. Instead of running to fix things which broke, one prepares a plan to service them so the likelihood of them breaking down is much reduced! For example, the plan is that one replaces the fan belt on a car at 40,000km because research has shown that the fan belt will last around 45000,46000km some more, some less. If you replace them at 40,000 you will in all likelihood reduce the risk of the car breaking down in an inconvenient place or time. It's used on all mine sites to prevent the inevitable breakdown of plant or equipment whereby it becomes a risk to environment, people or is likely to affect the production on plant and thereby cause a loss of profit. It's also called Preventive Maintenance. Training lesson for today over. :soapbox:

Holly - I hate the smell of dill. Can't even bear to see it sitting there all green and feathery on my salmon. Comes from the time when I used to go awandering around the green green hills of home and that stuff used to grow wild - we all smelt of bl**dy dill at the end of the day. It wasn't called dill in those days. My mind has gone blank again - it was sometimes called fennel but we called it something else as well (Apart from 'that bl**dy weed!) When I remember I'll let you know.

Happy - yes I am working this Sunday. I didn't work yesterday because I wanted to do shopping and get housework out of the way and spend some time with friends. Good thing I did, because it started to rain when I got home and hasn't stopped since. I hate this weather. Your new avatar has a happy little kitty on it. It even looks like it enjoys being there.
Get in that pool and swim. Winter is on it's way.

Okay, and that is about it from me. Since I am here I had better get on with it.

Quote of the day:
If there are no tears for the eyes, there isn't a rainbow for the soul.

Be good
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 11:58 PM   #189  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

PS - keep meaning to ask.....
Ruth, how did the D BIL's art exhibition go. I hope he had a good time and got lots of red dots on the paintings. If I had been there, I would have definitely put a dot on one of them.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 09:06 AM   #190  
Happy September

OH SHAD I DREAM AND LONG FOR THE DAY WE HAVE A PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE PROGRAM IN HERE. I BOUGHT A BIG WALL CALENDAR AND BEGAN MAPPING ONE, THE OUT OF TOWN BOSS SAID..DID YOU USE MY NAME TO BEGIN IMPLEMENTING THIS...I ANS. YES, LIKE WE SPOKE LAST WEEK....HE SAID THEN NEXT TIME CALL ME BACK FIRST. I TOOK THE CALENDAR, ROLLED IT UP, SAID FU AND SOMEONE THREW IT OUT LAST YEAR. TOO BAD THE **** WON'T TAKE YOUR SUGGESTION. THE "TEACHER" OF THE ROOSTERS SHOULD KNOW!!! SIGH. HOPE YOU GOT HOME AND DRIED OFF!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR CEEJAY
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

CEEJAY~ I HOPE YOUR BIRTHDAY TOMORROW IS WONDERFUL. I AM GLAD YOU GOT TO CELEBRATE WITH FAMILY AND GOT SOME PARAGOULD TIME IN!!
ENJOY YOUR SPECIAL DAY TOMORROW NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE!! I AM GLAD TOO THE CARD GOT THERE! I WANTED TO SURPRISE YOU!!
Old 08-26-2007, 09:31 AM   #191  

Sorry to have been AWOL... Have caught up with a couple of day's posts. Hope the tooth aches, sugar floods and arthritis are all vanquished.

Shad, I wish you and my DH could talk. I don't suppose you are doing GOVERNMENT work? He is and he has similar stories... too many hour's work, not enough hours to do it in, and no budget (or patience from higher-ups) anyway. They seem to think "planning" is just another word meaning "waste of time."

Happy-- enjoy your pickles. I love dill, DH doesn't especially. but I've never been enveloped in it, either. Perhaps tooooo much of a good thing can be a problem.

DH and I pulled a vew volunteers out from under the pear tree in the front of the house yesterday. I am SUCH a weenie. Was sweating buckets almost immediately, didn't have stamina to even stand very long in the 90 degree shade. Called it quits, showered and still needed more time to "regroup."
But we went and got me new shoes, which I think may have been at the base of lots of my leg ache issues. I got new New Balance athletic (walking) shoes, AND sandals and clogs that they sell. turns out that cuhioning on the bottoms of my feet does make a difference.... especially compared to walking barefooted on our marble foyer floor.

So tired last night, I slept through dinner AND my late night binge.
Best to all.
PainterWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 09:43 AM   #192  

Happy Birthday Ceejay!!!!!

Another quickie for me...
My list for the next couple of weeks
Canning
-Bread and Butter Pickles; Corn Relish;Salsa; Tomato Sauce; Peach Jam; Spiced Peaches

Gardening!!!!!- 30-60 min a day!!

Kid's Dressers- try on fall clothes ;make shopping list

Today's To Do's
-sweat cucumbers
-clean litter boxes; guinea and gerbil cages
-put away painting stuff
-put away camping stuff
-weed around swing set
-laundry
-make Bread and Butters

Monday DS had a Doc appt in the middle of the day and Tues I am doing a photo shoot. Sure does interfere with my my "days off". Hockey tryouts on Monday 6pm( DH is taking him) I have an Avon meeting at 6 pm as well.

I should brush my teeth and get dressed and getting crackin!!
Hollyhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 09:56 AM   #193  
Happy September

DOING THE HAPPY 3 LBS DOWN DANCE
I AM SO EXCITED!! JUST GOT OFF THE SCALE AND ALMOST FAINTED FROM HAPPINESS! 184! YES!!

PW~ GOOD TO SEE YOU HERE!! BE CAREFUL OF THE HEAT!!

HOLLY~ NICE CANNING LIST!! YUM! MAKES ME THINK OF MY STEP GGM & GM! LOVED THEIR CANNING LIST TOO!
Old 08-26-2007, 11:23 AM   #194  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hi chicks,

Well I did not win the 300 million dollar lottery - someone in Indiana did.

If we're going to sing Lady of Spain then I want an accordion

Mel - it's just as well we missed each other. I went to get a pedicure. We haven't had rain since the 4th of July. I went out, the skies got dark and in from Arkansas blew this torrential rain and winds. Was so bad I had to hide out at the salon. It seemed to clear, I went out and got stuck in round 2. Very scary as the roads were extremely flooded and we were hydroplaning all over not to mention that I couldn't see even with the wipers on high. And I was in an open stretch of road with no where to pull over. Finally got to a shopping center and pulled over for an hour. So I would have missed you anyway. Let's try again next week. ok?

Painter - I think you keep confusing me with Holly. New Balance are one of the best brands of shoes for foot support and comfort. One of the top rated brands by rheumatologists for people with old and achy feet like us Oh and unless you want to have feet with twisty toes that go this way and that, don't walk around without shoes on. The arch support keeps your toes in line and as we age our feet spread out and get wider - walking around without shoes makes them even worse. Wish someone would have told me that 15 years ago

I had a good conversation with my aunt yesterday. At first it feels awkward because you don't know what to say but we slipped into a nature pattern and chatted for over an hour. Would have been longer but someone keep calling over at the house for her son in law. I'm glad I called - a good lesson in not letting opportunities slip away.

I kind of diddled the day away yesterday which means another day crammed full of too much today. While at the shopping center yesterday, I picked up several things for DH. I need to go back today and get bigger sizes. Many of the items were 100% cotton T-shirts. We kept saying umm if they shrink they will be too small, better get the next size up. After the 5th shirt he said "maybe I should be the one shrinking"

Congrats Mel on scooting the scale downwards! Guess there is something to that clean eating thing You have inspired me to shop carefully this afternoon.

Which means if I don't get my butt in gear nothing will get done.

Love to the chicks. I will try and get back tonight to comment further.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 02:41 PM   #195  
Radiate self!

Default Diddle doo da day

I joined the challenge, exercising in the morning, bike, 20-30minutes. Three times last week. Eating more fruit and veg choices. The pool is covered, its been too cool this last week. Hopefully September will warm up again.

Happy-so sorry you aren't a millionaire yet wacky weather down your way, glad you are safe and didn't try and get home through that!! What colour did you paint your toes?

Mel-wonderful job on the scale downward motion Congratulations! May they never return.

Holly-slow down, you are making me tired

Ruth-weddings always make me cry. I hope your couple notice the terrific job you've done in decorating. It all sounds divine and I bet the smell is intoxicating.

PainterWoman-enjoy your new footpads! Hopefully your aches will ease and you can feel your energy again

Shad-gosh, working on Sunday! not allowed, now you stop that!! Gracious, you are meant to have a life beyond all this money making stuff. You seem to be in good humour though, loved the singing Your quote made me smile, I like those kinds of thoughts.

Carla-you dressed? made me think of a 70's movie with your naked swims. You and your buddies must be really uninhibited. (I've never spelled that word out before )

Ceejay-Happy Birthday!Have a special, fabulous day! What colour did you paint your toes? You and happy had similar thoughts about your feet... or did you give her the idea? hmmm?! Aren't you lucky to have the family celebrate together?

hello, goodbye, aloha oy!
Meadow is offline   Reply With Quote