Old 08-06-2007, 11:27 AM   #46  

How utterly ridiculous!!!!! Mel, I'm feeling so bad for you right now. How petty and vindictive. It probably cost them more in salaries and paperwork than they found in the accounts. I certainly hope you had some cash under the mattress to get by with until the mess is settled. Please try to take care of yourself while this is going on - or you'll end up paying with your health as well. We're always here to , so never hesitate to come to your worldly chick sisters for a rant or a good cry.
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 02:26 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Mel--((((hugs))) hope they don't confiscate you too.

It's to hot for anything right now

Happy--Hope you are not going to work in the yard this afternoon.

PW, Carla and Madcat--Hello
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 07:52 PM   #48  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Mel, how on earth did that happen. How can they just up and take money away without some form of warning first. Is that legal over there?? I would suggest that now the friendship with the mayor may come in very handy. I've never heard anything so stupid in all my life. How awful for you both. How can I help? I was going to say ring me, but you'd have to ring my mobile or the office phone. I'll PM to you anyway. If all else fails try the local TV company. We are always getting peoples hard luck stories about Govt departments and their lack of heart here. The TV station goes to bat for the little guy to try and get answers and the entire nation gets to find out about the lack of soul in some of our supposedly For the people, by the people departments.

Still grey and raining - goddam it what awful weather. No wonder everyone gets a bit stir crazy over here in the west and do some stupid things, but maybe not as stupid as NJ Governments.

Still exercising and now back to eating right or more or less right. I'll get through this challenge if it kills me. I did the yoga tape last night and that nearly had me dead on the floor. Tonight (since I didn't want to get out of bed this morning) I'll do the biggest loser tape. I should go for a run, but it is just too awful out there to run, besides which the paths are becoming slippery with the leaves no one has managed to sweep up yet.

Well better go panic over this bl**dy job a bit more. So much to do, so little time. So few decisions made over ANYTHING
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 08:02 PM   #49  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG TO GET BACK HERE. WHEN IT WAS ALL OVER I HAD TO TAKE MEDS AND LIE DOWN. ENDED UP WITH A STIFF NECK/SHOULDER AND THE RUNS AND THE SHIVERS & SHAKES. JESUS I FELL APART BUT THE SHOCK OF FINDING YOUR ACCOUNT EMPTIED WAS UNREAL. AT FIRST I THOUGHT IT WAS IDENTITY THEFT THEN FOUND OUT IT WAS CALLED A "NJ TAX LEVY". SUCH A MISNOMER!!! THEN FOUND OUT IT WAS FOR A VERY OLD DELINQUENT CREDIT CARD DEBT OF JEN'S.
IN THE MEANTIME JOHN GOT A HOLD OF THE MAYOR AND EALL THE MEN WERE STANDING BY. SHAME THE SAME CANNOT BE SAID OF THE WOMEN. BUT WHEN THE CHIPS ARE DOWN YOU KNOW WHO TO TURN TO AND I DID MAKE THE RIGHT DECISION. TOOK HOURS TO REACH THE DIFFERENT DEPARTMENTS AND THE LONG AND SHORT OF IT WAS THAT THE ENTIRE LEVY WAS ILLEGAL WHICH I KNEW FROM THE START. NO AGENCY IN THE USA CAN TOUCH AN SSI ACCOUNT LIKE OURS. BUT GETTING THE MONEY RETURNED SWIFTLY TOOK A LOT OF BS'ING AND WOULD YOU BELIEVE IT WORKED. I PLAYED ONE AGENCY AGAINST THE OTHER AND THE FUNDS SHOULD BE BACK WITHIN 72 HOURS. FINGERS ARE CROSSED. AND ANY BOUNCED CHECKS SHOULD BE PAID BY THE BANK WHO MADE THE MISTAKE OF LETTING THE LEVY GET ON MY ACCT IN THE FIRST FOOKING PLACE.
MY ONLY SURPRISE WAS THAT I GOT SO PHYSICALLY ILL OVER THIS. I AM STILL SHOCKED AT MY BODY'S REACTION. I THOUGHT I HAD EVERYTHING PRETTY MUCH UNDER CONTROL. GUESS NOT NOW I HOPE THE MONEY GETS PUT BACK AS FAST AS THOSE *******S GOT IT OUT! I CAN LAUGH NOW BUT MY EYES LOOK LIKE CHIT FROM YESTERDAY AND THIS MORNING. I BARELY SLEPT LAST NIGHT. GUESS I WILL CRASH TONITE. THANKS FOR THE GOOD THOUGHTS AND WILL CHAT TOMORROW AFTER FOOD SHOPPING. THE BOYS TOOK UP A COLLECTION AMONGST THEMSELVES AND I RETURNED IT WHEN I WAS SUCCESSFUL WITH THE PHONE CALLS. THE GUYS ACTUALLY LOOKED DISAPPOINTED!! ROFLMAO THEY WANTED SO MUCH TO BE THE KNIGHTS IN SHINING ARMOR!! I CRIED, TOLD THEM THEY WERE AND I THINK THEY FELT BETTER THEN.,.... MEN ARE STRANGE YET SIMPLE CREATURES. GOTTA LOVE 'EM.
I AM OFF TO BED AND TV
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 08:05 PM   #50  
Happy September

SHAD I HOPE YOU SEE THIS NOW. I SEE YOUR LITTLE EGG IS LIT!! ALLS WELL THAT ENDS WELL!! YES IT IS LEGAL OVER HERE BUT JUST NOT WITH THE KIND OF INCOME JEN AND I HAVE.....THANK GOD! I AM WELL AND OFF TO BED. WE CAN CHAT ON YOUR NEXT TRIP HOME!!
Old 08-06-2007, 08:06 PM   #51  

Oh goody, so pleased that you have gotten it all back and then some. Bless the blokes for they are small angels in disguise (well for today anyway).
Old 08-07-2007, 12:27 AM   #52  

Cripes, Mel, you "win the prize" for most dramatic entry in months... maybe years. I'd have the shakes and the runs if all MY money seemed to be gone, too. (I thought I would hurl the morning I went to my garage and there was NO car-- and then I found that the back door was open and I had NO PURSE (and its contents) either).
Rest, girly. My hat's off to the mayor and John (should I know John?) for getting the departments to switch things around. So glad you had a good touch with the BS!!

Shad, your dedication and challenge efforts put me to shame. I worked out and drank water, but ate way too much. I'll be have when hubby returns. (It did sort of feel like having a house party while the "parents" were away. Obviously I can be juvenile even after 5 decades.
PainterWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 12:39 AM   #53  

Why shouldn't we be juvenile once in a while. It does the old heart good to do things which are frowned upon in certain circles.

Well done on working out and drinking water - 2 out of 3 aint too bad.
Old 08-07-2007, 07:21 AM   #54  
Happy September

NO PW...WHAT YOU WENT THRU WAS FAR MOR HARROWING THAN LOSING 1,500 FOR TWO DAYS. MY HAT IS STILL OFF TO YOU. WATER AND EXERCISE...GOOD FOR YOU! MAYBE A BIT OF SHAD AND CARLA WILL RUB OFF ON ALL OF US. GUESS WE BETTER TRY KEEPING THEM AROUND!

SHAD~ HOPE THEY TAKE SOME KIND OF ACTION OR PLANNING SOON BEFORE THE JOB IS OVER AND YOU AND THE OTHERS ARE GONE WATCH OUT FOR THOSE SLIPPERY LEAVES KAURANGI CAN'T HAVE THE QUEEN FALLING ON HER BUTT......BESIDES....BUT BUMPING DOESN'T MAKE IT ANY SMALLER

SLEEP WAS SO SO. THE LUNCHROOM WOMAN WOKE ME AT 6:30 BUT I HAVE NOT ANSWERED THE CALL. SHE SAYS IT'S TOO HOT BUT SHE CAN WAIT FOR MAINT TO COME IN AT 7. FEELING OK BUT TIRED. TAKING THE DAY FOR MYSELF. NOT SURE IF I AM BEING LAZY OR JUST CAREFUL I'LL FOOD SHOP AT THE END OF THE WEEK. AND BESIDES...THE $$ HASN'T MADE IT INTO THE ACCOUNT. I CALLED ALREADY I ALSO FORGOT I HAD $100 PUT AWAY IN THE APARTMENT.....I KEPT IT OUT FOR EMERGENCIES. OFF TO BREAKFAST AND SOME QUALITY TIME WITH THE GRANDSON

HAPPY TUESDAY
Old 08-07-2007, 10:22 AM   #55  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Morning chicks,

Mel - I'm so glad that things turned around. Very very scary how your life can change in an instant. And you have no control. Guess you have to keep some cash in the cookie jar. I think I'm going to go bury some in a mayo jar out in the back garden - just in case

I think the best thing you can do for yourself is to just pull in and rest. Don't need the drama of yesterday messing you up for weeks. And don't be feeling guilty about it. Mel's gotta look out for Mel.

Yesterday was a brutally long day. At the office until 7. Worked from home from 9pm to after midnight. Up again before 6 working for 3 and a half more hours. Gotta love those rush deadlines

Quick shower now and off to work where I will be late for my 10 o'clock meeting.

Hoping to not repeat this tonight so I can get a swim in before my supper of grilled salmon.

Sorry I can't post individually. Will try and get back tonight.
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 07:33 PM   #56  

Morning all,
Well thank goodness Mel is getting her money back. You're such a good person Mel. Some others would have gone to the department with a shotgun and shot the s**t out of everyone there. Maybe you need to bake a large knights in shining armour cake and take it downstairs. How is Jen taking all of this??

Happy - you and Ceejay are working your butts off right now. Hope it all settles down soon and you can get some much deserved downtime.

I'm stiff and sore this morning - worked out to the Biggest Winner Fronts with Jillian Michaels last night. It moved everything. I don't think there is much that doesn't ache so I have to keep moving to stop things from stiffening up again. Don't know which one I will do tonight - rather fancy a run but the weather may have other ideas. It is not raining at the moment but that doesn't mean much round here. Not a bad idea missing a meeting or two. I try hard not to go to too many. Most of them are simply confusing, I don't have much to contribute at this time and I just want to go to sleep. Best I don't go.

Best I do get off here tho'. Finally got some work started here, and need to keep up the momentum. Catch you all later.

Oh and before I forget. The attachment is a joke from my friend in AZ
Attached Files
File Type: doc Micks trees.doc (41.0 KB, 7 views)
Old 08-07-2007, 07:54 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Hi Shad see your egglight glowing. You've motivated me to go to the gym.

Pw--WTG, on the water and work-outs.

Mel--YEAH, the money is back. You deserve a day of r and r.

Happy--This project must be a doozy. Hang in there you will get it done. Take a break for a swim this afternoon and tomorrow.

I was told today that I work a 12 hour shift tomorrow and then have Thursday, Friday, and Saturday off. YIPEE Things are pending though to see how Bud does when he comes back. Tim, my boss is only allowing him 8 hour shifts at first to see how he can handle the heat. Tim is going to fill in the extra 4 hours. He's been getting overtime also. I've enjoyed working the 8 hour shifts but i'm ready to have more than one day off.

I'm getting ready to go the gym. I'm going to try to walk around the track upstairs if it's not to hot up there.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 07:51 AM   #58  
Happy September

WELL DAY 4 HAS BEGUN AND THE MONEY HAS YET TO BE RETURNED. CHECKS ARE CAUSING AN OVERDRAFT IN MY ACCOUNT NOW. WAITING ON THE LEVY LAWYER TO CALL THAT OFFICE BACK. DON'T YOU LOVE HOW THEY CAN MOVE LIKE SNAILS EVEN THOUGH IT'S THEIR ERROR? LOVELY. I LIKED AND TOLD JEN EVERYTHING IS UNDER CONTROL...SHE IS STILL WITH THE KIDS. I SAID DON'T USE THE BANK YET BUT ALL IS WELL. IT'S HOT, SHE HAS THE KIDS AND SHE WEIGHS LESS THAN A BALE OF HAY. RICHIE AND I ARE KEEPING TABS WITH EACH OTHER FOR NOW. AND I DO SO HATE DRAMA

I JUST TRIED TO COMMENT BUT I AM JUST INCREDIBLY SAD RIGHT NOW. MAYBE LATER
Old 08-08-2007, 08:36 AM   #59  
Choose your hard

Good morning ladies,

I got up early - was going to try and get a swim in before work but I didn't get to bed until after midnight and I am reallllllly sleepy this morning. I swear I could nod off in mid stroke. So I'll just try and get to work a bit earlier and perhaps get out at a decent hour and try for then. Besides, I think I'd rather swim when it's 97 degrees instead of 83.

DH will be wrassling the cat in a few minutes. After all that's happened to poor kitty over the last few weeks, today she has to go in to get some tartar build up removed from her teeth. They will knock her out for it but still... I'm sure the trauma of being put in the carrier and waking up with a sore mouth is not going to endear us to her at all.

Good for you for going to the gym Ceejay. Hope you got a nice walk in. Sure had to be more comfortable there than it would be outside. I'm sure you're looking forward to getting back to your schedule.

Shad - good on yah for doing a Jillian workout. I hear that she's pretty thorough. Do I understand you correctly - are there after work meetings that you COULD be attending if you chose not to have the evening to yourself? Oh pooh on that! :P

Hi there Mel. Hope you are resting up nicely. Are you broiling out in your side of town too? Haven't been on TV catching up with the weather channel so I don't know what's going on in your neck of the woods. I agree with the others - be nice to the boys who stood by you - tho I'm sure you are. And give the whiney women a good poke in the arm.

Painter - that's damn scary - your purse AND your car gone. The thieves are so bold nowadays.

Hello to the Canadian sisters No Ruth yet?

2 cups of coffee down and I'm still all fuzzy and tired. It's going to be a LONG day. And I think it's supposed to hit 102 or 104 degrees. Stay cool and have some fun today...
Old 08-08-2007, 08:43 AM   #60  
Choose your hard

Awww Mel. Just saw your post. Geez what a mess this is turning out to be. They can take it out in 2 seconds, why can't they just reverse the transaction? Because it's the government, that's why. Give the creditors their phone number and let them crab at them. Argh. Don't be sad, it won't do you any good. Just go down to the office and give them a big socko