S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning!
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:19 AM   #167  
Happy September

S/C/G: 1/13: 197/181.5/145

Height: 5'2"eyes of blue

GOOD MORNING MISS RUTH!! LET'S SIT AND HAVE A CUPPA TOGETHER OF COURSE MINE WILL BE WATER! I WAS SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT LUCY STILL WHEEZING. HOPE YOU FIND OUT WHAT'S GOING ON AND I AM GLAD THAT YOU GOT AWAY TO THE HYPER PYPERS! A CHANGE IS A GOOD THING.

SHAD~ THINK MY CHALLENGE WILL BE THE SAME AS YOURS...WITH OF COURSE THE DELETION O0F COFFEE ANYTHING! HOPE YOUR SHEEP ARE ALL ROUNDED UP AND DOING THEIR JOB. THE TIME LIMIT THING SHOULD WAKE UP A FEW, NO? GOOD LUCK!

CARLA~ NO SWIMMING IN THE COLD!! STUFF LIKE THAT CAN CAUSE HEART ATTACKS! FIND AN INDOOR SPORT! I AM FOOD SHOPPING AND GETTING READY FOR SEPT. YOUR POOR KITTY! AND YOUR POOR WALLET!!! WHO WOULD THINK VETS WOULD GET EVEN MORE EXPENSIVE THAN THEY WERE!

HAPPY~ YOU ARE REALLY LUCKY NOTHING HAPPENED TO YOU....OMG!!! I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT THEY DIDN'T DO SOMETHING! ANYTHING!! CRIMINALS!! WHEN THE GAS FLOW ISN'T RIGHT IT'S A VERY DANGEROUS THING. I ONCE GOT TOO MUCH AND THEY WOULDN'T EVEN LET ME MOVE OUT OF THE DENTAL CHAIR! IT'S A HORRIBLE FEELING AND I KNOW HOW SICK YOU MUST HAVE FELT.
THOSE PEOPLE WERE REALLY NEGLEGENT TO HAVE LET YOU WANDER AWAY FROM THEM IN THAT CONDITION! HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER TODAY. LIKE THE ABCESS WASN'T ENOUGH, RIGHT?

CEEJAY~I'LL SEND THE RAINS TO YOU...BUT I THOUGHT IT WAS ALREADY RAINING IN YOUR NECK OF THE WOOD?
GUESS I LOOKED AT THE MAP WRONG SO GET OUT YOUR UMBRELLA....THE RAIN IS A COMING!!
WHEN I GET OFF HERE I WILL DO THE NJ RAIN DANCE AND SEE IF IT WORK SO FAR AWAY!!

HOLLY~ HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A GREAT TIME. NICE TIME OF YEAR TOO....FALL. AND ALONE!!! WILL WONDERS NEVER CEASE??

TO MISS MADCAT AND HER CHIPMUNK!"lol3:

THE SENIOR BBQ IS NEXT WEEK. HOPE THE DULL & DREARY WEATHER GOES AWAY BY THEN! OR ALL THE SENIORS WILL BE SITTING AND SLEEPING. THEY ARE ALSO BEGINNING TO REPAVE THE STREETS IN THE AREA BEGINNING SUNDAY. IT SHOULD MAKE WILLY'S JOB OF GETTING US BACK AND FORTH A REAL JOY!
I AM THINKING....CHALLENGE WISE....I SHOULD MAKE IT SOMETHING THAT IS A REAL CHALLENGE. SO, I WILL MAKE IT TO DO MY BREATHING EXERCISES. IT'S BEEN OVER 2 YEARS SINCE I DID ANY! NOW IS AS GOOD A TIME AS ANY TO BEGIN AGAIN. AND I'LL FOLLOW THE ROSACEA DIET/ELIMINATION PLAN. I WILL BEGIN ON THE 3RD BECAUSE I WEIGH-IN ON SUNDAYS AND THIS WAY I STICK TO MY "SCHEDULE". I REALLY DON'T NEED AN EXCUSE TO BE CELEBRATING LABOR DAY HERE! SO THERE YOU HAVE IT. I'LL GO WITH THESE TWO THINGS AND IF I CAN JUGGLE MORE BALLS IN THE AIR I WILL.
HAPPY THURSDAY!
MELODY525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:48 AM   #168  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Howdy chicks,

Tooth is still acting up today. But I have found that when do get an abscess, they are stubborn little things. Hate to get too strong of an antibiotic because those cause their own kinds of problems. Am going in for a cleaning today and will touch base with the dentist. Debating about saying something. I think it was irresponsible of them not to have paid more attention. God forbid if I had tried to drive in that state

Mel - have you not kept up with the breathing exercises to keep the lungs strong? Don't make me come over there and stand over you woman! I'm liking the sound of this eating / being clean thing. Sounds like we will all be challenged.

Oh no - poor kitty Carla! Our old cat had to have a front fang removed and her lip would catch on the tooth next to the gap which would give her the appearance of a goofy smile. Cats have dental problems just like us. But I'm not brushing their teeth! Brrrr - the idea of jumping in that freezing lake just sends chills all over. You are quite the hearty lady!

Shad - I agree with your definition of clean. It's more than just eating good in the neighborhood. I was thinking too that it's got to involve regular exercise. How about if you just tell me what to do for the day and I'll do it Sounds like you are completely back in the swing of things at work. Just like you never left and went on holiday.

to Ruth, Ceejay and Holly. Guess I should jump in the shower or I'll be late to the dentist. We're in for another hot one today. That's good as the pool is starting to cool off ever so slightly as it gets less sun during the day.

Be good...
happy2bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 09:03 AM   #169  
Happy September

PLACES TO THINK ABOUT OVER THE WEEKEND AS THIS AUGUST AUGUST DRAWS TO AN END:

SANTIAGO
SIERRAS
SOUTH DAKOTA
SUDAN
SPAIN
SOUTH CAROLINA
SEATTLE
sAN DIEGO
SHEFFIELD
SHANGHAI
SALEM INDIA
SALEM MASSACHUSETTES
SYDNEY
SCOTLAND
SWEDEN
SANTO DOMiNGO
SALVADOR
SAUDI ARABIA
SOUTH KOREA
SAN FRANCISCO
SASKATOON
SUDBURY
SRI LANKA
SANTA CRUZ
SANTACLAUSLAND
Old 08-23-2007, 10:11 AM   #170  
Choose your hard

Hey - what if we do something a bit oddball and different and Sing our Way through September??? Just a thought...

I'll be alone each and every night
While you're away, don't forget to write

Bye-bye, so long, farewell
Bye-bye, so long

See you in September
See you when the summer's through
Here we are (bye, baby, goodbye)
Saying goodbye at the station (bye, baby, goodbye)
Summer vacation (bye, baby bye, baby)
Is taking you away (bye, baby, goodbye)

Have a good time but remember
There is danger in the summer moon above
Will I see you in September
Or lose you to a summer love
(counting the days 'til I'll be with you)
(counting the hours and the minutes, too)

Bye, baby, goodbye
Bye, baby, goodbye
Bye, baby, goodbye (bye-bye, so long, farewell)
Bye, baby, goodbye (bye-bye, so long)

Have a good time but remember
There is danger in the summer moon above
Will I see you in September
Or lose you to a summer love
(I'll be alone each and every night)
(While you're away, don't forget to write)

See you (bye-bye, so long, farewell)
In September (bye-bye, so long, farewell)
I'm hopin' I'll
Well, maybe I'll
Old 08-23-2007, 10:13 AM   #171  
Choose your hard

I can't believe September is just around the corner.

I also can't believe that I confirmed my dentist appt for 8:30 yesterday and today I'm toddling around getting ready and they call me at 8:40 to let me know I MISSED my appointment.

What a dufus I am becoming
Old 08-23-2007, 04:45 PM   #172  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

This was a day of relaxation just because I've needed it.

Did a few errands today. Paid the taxes and also got the tags for my car. Then I went to the gym and worked out on the machines for thirty minutes.

Did a load of laundry this morning and figured out where the mildew smell was coming from. There was some soap scum building up inside the washing machine and beginning to cause some mildew. Cleaned that mess out of the machine and now I need to call Sears to have them come clean the lint out of the dryer.

Hello to all--I've read the post but to lazy to comment.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 08:23 PM   #173  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Ruth - very short post this morning. Guess life has caught up with you again.

Mel - Well, I've been to San Francisco, Scotland, Sydney, and a few other S's not on the list. Sweden sounds okay although it will be getting a bit cooler there - might suit Carla for swimming tho'. India is hot and smelly, Sri Lanka is hot and sticky, Salem has witches (no need for us then) and isn't Salvadore in the middle of revolution? Happy's singing September - novel idea, but then she is good at novel ideas.
Take all exercise slowly and carefully and do not overdo it. No bulls at gates.

Happy - Exercise is whatever you want to do. I have dvds and I go for fast walks and runs - the bargain with the body is 30 minutes per day at least. Generally I do the hard ones - runs, Jillian Michaels etc through the week and just walk it off on the weekends. You can do this. It's only 30 mins per day.
Sorry you missed the dentist - isn't it amazing that they can contact you because you have lost them some money, but they can't contact you to see if you are okay after they ballsed up a session??

Ceejay - next time you are looking out for a washing machine - try to see if there is a Fisher and Paykel washer stockist in your area. These are made over here for a NZ company and they do not form mould, they are electronic and easy to shift, the driers you can clean the lint out yourself and even better most of them are environmentally aware (water levels, electricity use etc.) We get Maytag and Kleenmaid over here but they are not popular - mainly because of the size of them, but also their reliability and upkeep expense reputation is not good.

Carla - Round up the sheep and get on with it is probably a kiwism. I wasn't specifically referring to the workers around here. I just wrote it and didn't even think about what I was writing. It just came out.
Poor little puss cat. And I was whinging about Sunday's annual health check cheque.

Gotta get out of here. Late in this morning because I had breakfast with the troops and the boss. Now I'd better get started on the day.

Get thoughts centred on RCM - Reliability Centred Maintenance and Capacity Planning - how much work I can shove on to one person for the hours he has available. Pity we don't have a cracking whip smiley for the days I do capacity planning. The first time I tried, I had the 2 people (who had a 124 hours of work available for the week) doing something like about 700 hours. Guess I have to lighten up a bit and give them some smoko once in a while hey?
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 09:25 PM   #174  
Smackin' into a Wall

Ok, clean for me is going to mean no fried food, no alcohol and no desserts. Also I’m going to aim for at least 6 glasses of water a day. In the 95% clean category, I am also going to allow myself 5 “get out of jail free” cards which will allow me to have either 1 drink OR 1 dessert. Cards can only be redeemed 1 per day, a maximum of 2 per week. I don’t think I need to add an exercise component for now though I think I am going to look into finding a Yoga class or other class I could join. Change is good.

Carla~ when I was a kid we always went swimming in Georgian Bay on the May 24 weekend. That was chilly! I envy you your midnight swim. It was too cold in Temagami for such decadence under the stars. Your poor kitty. Has he taken some sort of interesting personal revenge yet?

Mel~ Did you get some sun today? I heard a rumour there was some lurking around. How nice that you and Jen like talking to each other. Have you caught up yet? Oh and you better keep an eye on those accountants – you never know what they could be up to!

Holly~ Wow, how neat that you get to go hang with Ruth. You guys stay away from those nachos at the Longhorn, you hear?

Happy~ I would rather work in Visio than mess with charts in Excel :yuck: I spent all of today pulling together spreadsheets that can pick up information from files extracted from other various systems. The person who used to do this one job would manually input all the data, but I’d rather have Excel do all the work. You should say something to your Dentist. It was very irresponsible of them to let you wander off on your own in that condition. What if you were not the intelligent sensible person you are and you had tried to drive home or something? What if you had been hurt? Or had hurt someone else? They should be held accountable in the same was that bar owners are held accountable for not letting their patrons drink and drive. Say something and maybe you can help this not happen to anyone else.

Ceejay~ Why don’t you try a challenge that just adds good things into your life – for example, drinking more water or eating more veggies?

Ruth~ Hope things catch up soon. I wonder how black dyed Baby’s Breathe would look? Or black seed pearls amount the flowers? Try a big stick to keep the hungry wolves at bay and I hope Lucy girl gets better soon.

Shad~ If you need to round up the sheep maybe you could ask Ruth for one of her “wolves”. Could they pretend to be border collies? Say the word, and we’ll get you an attractive whip to go with the collies. Your challenge goals sound good.

I like the idea of Singing in September. Or Spain. I like Spain a lot and would love to go back there. I know this great restaurant just off the Ramblas in Barcelona… well, it was great 20 years ago when I was last there.

Went to the Dr for the annual poke and prod today. Did a bunch of tests and the Doc is going to send me to an allergist. He seems to think that shots might help… but first we need to confirm what I’m allergic to. And yes, he did go on and on and on about my weight. Did you know that we are supposed to try to keep our waistlines under 88cm for optimum heart health? Yeah, me either? Now that is a goal to strive for. I haven’t had a waist that small since I was about 19.
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 10:27 PM   #175  

S/C/G: 200/189/165

Height: 5 ft 1 inch

Madcat --Is 88cm the same thing as 34 inches? I like your idea of a get out of jail card free and being 95% clean category.

The sorenss is creeping in. I increased the weight on the machines I use at the gym.
ceejay52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 10:32 PM   #176  
Smackin' into a Wall

Ceejay. It looks as if 88cm is about 34.6 inches, so close enough.
Madcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 10:41 PM   #177  
Choose your hard

One crack the whip smilie for you Shad - I have quite the collection of smilies

Old 08-24-2007, 04:05 AM   #178  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Just worked out that between the 3 of us, we have 1342 (167.75
days) development work to do and 960 hours (120 hours) available to do it in. Now I bet you just wanted to know that.
Weekend coming up. I'll be in here on Sunday - see you then.

Last edited by Shad; 08-24-2007 at 04:06 AM. Reason: More pointless ranting.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 06:14 AM   #179  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Yes, it was a short post yesterday - what was I thinking?

I'm up early this morning - acid reflux followed by a thunderstorm. It sure is dark at 5 AM these days! How am I going to survive winter?

Life IS pushing me around a bit lately but the new meds from my doc seems to be controlling the knee pain. 1000 mg of acetominophen four times a day should do it.

The Long Horn is now closed and up for sale - I am not buying it. The pilferer finally confessed and the Township is debating over taking him to court. Lucy is still wheezing and we will go ahead with the $$$ further diagnostic testing. The Church Treasurer is in a major snit but did hand over the books. Kevin still hasn't fixed the barn although he dumped off stuff three weeks ago. I'm anxious to get that mess cleared.

This morning I am going to sit with my coffee and fiddle around making the pew decorations for the wedding. My utility sink is full of white flowers and ferns so I'll spend the afternoon doing arrangements. I over-picked so there will be several extra bouquets for the house. Think Queen Anne's Lace, white hydrangeas and Persian lilies! I need to get into my rain gear and replant the urns on the Church porch later today with some glorious yellow mums.

The Black Hounds from **** are barking at the thunder noise so I need to haul them in. They aren't afraid, just protective. Thank God my neighbours don't complain.

When I hit a breathing space, I'll try to get back here and re-read and comment. Darned South Beach is way too busy these days plus I have other mod stuff to do both here and on my gardening site.
Ruthxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 08:09 AM   #180  
Happy September

GOOD MORNING CHICKS OF THE WORLD. I LIKE HAPPY AND MADCAT'S IDEA....COULD WE SING OURSELVES THRU SPAIN? WHAT A DAY ALREADY. MY BODY KNOWS IT'S THE FALL COMING AND I AM ALREADY GETTING INTO HIBERNATION MODE. JEN CAME DOWN TO SAY THE SAME YESTERDAY. WE ARE SUCH CHILDREN OF THE SEASONS SHE AND I. WE ALL HAD A HAND IN DECORATING AND GETTING READY FOR THE BBQ NEXT WEEK. OUR BOSS IS REALLY SO GOOD AT THAT AND REALLY CARES IF THE SENIORS ALL HAVE A GOOD TIME.
ALL THE TALKS WITH JEN ARE LEADING TO A MORE SIMPLE AND CALMER WAY OF LIFE. WE HAVE BOTH HAD OUR FILL OF DRAMA. WE'RE GOING TO FOLLOW WAYNE DYER IN HIS NEW BOOK/CDS ABOUT THE TAO TE CHING. WE WATCHED PART OF HIS SEMINAR AND GOT INTERESTED IMMEDIATELY. THAT'S GOING TO BE A JOINT PROJECT AND WE'RE IN NO RUSH. JUST GOING TO TAKE OUR TIME. I TOO LIKE MADCAT'S IDEA OF 5 GET OUT OF JAIL FREE CARDS. ALSO THE 95% PART.....I AM STILL FINETINING MY CHALLENGE AND I ALREADY DID FOOD SHOPPING. BEEN FEELING SO "SICKISH" IN THE STOMACH PEOPLE ARE THINKING I HAVE MORNING SICKNESS! IF IT W3ASN'T ON MY LIST THEN I DID NOT BUY IT. I ALSO TRIED TO STOCK JEN'S FREEZER UP A BIT. RICHIE IS GOING OUT ON UNEMPLOYMENT AGAIN. IT WILL BE INTERMITTENT...IT'S THAT TIME OF YEAR. BUT I AM MUCH BETTER PREPARED FOR THIS DRAMA!! WONDER IF HE IS??? CHRISTMAS IS GOING TO BE A CHALLENGE IN ITSELF. WE FINALLY DECIDED ON JUST CARDS FOR FRIENDS AND GETTING OURSELVES BACK ON TRACK AND SORTED OUT. WE CLOSED THE BOOK ON THAT CHAPTER NOW ON TO THE WEEKEND!!!
HAVE A GREAT ONE EVERYONE!

RUTH~ I WAS WONDERING WHAT THAT ONE LINE POST WAS! HOPE THE BARN GETS DONE....WANT US ALL TO HAVE A BARN RAISING FOR YOU? PUT HOLLY AND CARLA TO WORK WHEN THEY GET THERE! IF THEY ARE OUT RUNNING UNDER YOUR SPRINKLER NAKED THEN MAYBE THE MEN IN TOWN WILL ALL COME AND HELP!

SHAD~ WHATEVER THAT RCM IS....I HOPE YOU FOUND THE BLOKE WITH ENOUGH TIME TO GET THE JOB DONE!! HOPE THE WEEKEND IS A GOOD ONE FOR YOU AND THEN YOU CAN TACKLE THEM ALL ON MONDAY!!!
LOVE THE IDEA OF SINGING THRU SPAIN!!! OLE!!!
NOW WE NEED fFLAMENCO & BULLFIGHTING GIFS!!

HAPPY~ I LOVE LITTLE MIS BABUSHKA!! SHE MAKES ME GIGGLE EVERY TIME I SEE HER! REMINDS ME OF MEADOW'S CAT!! ROFLMAO I DO HOPE YOUR TOOTH FEELS BETTER SOON. SORRY YOU MISSED THE APPT!!!! HANG IN THERE AND I SEND MANY GOOD HEALING

MADCAT~ I DO LIKE YOUR CLEAN PLAN!! ROFLMAO IT'S A GREAT IDEA AND KEEPS ME FROM FEELING LIKE A FAILURE IF I SCREW UP! I AM GOING TO REPLACE MY COFFEE WITH YOUR ALCOHOL!

CEEJAY~ HEY MISS BIRTHDAY GIRL!!! WHAT ARE YOUR PLANS FOR YOUR SPECIAL DAY??? ARE YOU GOING TO BEGIN CELEBRATING OVER THE WEEKEND IN PREPARATION FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY MONDAY???? HOW IS PARAGOULD BY THE WAY?? HOPE ALL IS WELL THERE AND WITH YOU!!