Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: Of the 4 fruits listed in the SB Book we can't eat, which do you miss most?
Pineapple 1 3.45%
Watermelon 10 34.48%
Raisins 2 6.90%
Bananas 8 27.59%
You mean we can't eat these? 1 3.45%
I eat at least one of these from time-to-time. 7 24.14%
I don't like any of the 4 listed, so it's not an issue with me 0 0%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2001, 08:51 PM   #16  
Mel

HOW COME I CAN'T FIND MY POST??? I EVEN LOGGED OFF AND ON AGAIN!

told you all I'm a newbie!! But I did figure out the color thing....

Mel
Old 09-03-2001, 08:58 PM   #17  
Mel

This is the color of my face now. yes, my post is there. Obviously, impatience is one of my less desirable qualities!

Mel
Old 09-03-2001, 10:16 PM   #18  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

Default YO....IT'S BOB!!!!! LISTEN UP~~~~

EVENING EVERYBUDDY !!!!! IT'S 10:14pm ....WHICH MEANS YOU STILL HAVE 1 HOUR AND 45 MINUTES TO WEAR YOUR WHITE SHOES!!!!

A True SOUTHERN LADY does NOT wear WHITE SHOES after [b]MIDNIGHT, DAY AFTER LABOR DAY!!!!

I'll be checking to see if you have them on!!! And if you don't believe me....ADRIAN ARPEIL gave a count down @ 10pm.....
THis is a SERIOUS THING .....believe me....I don't break the rules when it comes to white shoes and linen

I really don't have time to address all of you...I will when I get home...tomorrow...I'm at the airport at OH MY GAWD 5:30am....!!! and home by 12:30pm....little layover in CHARLOTTE, but I do get to have breakfast with my cousin...and kill some time....

I'll talk to you all later....I'm off to bed ....

BOB
Old 09-03-2001, 10:28 PM   #19  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Hi Y'all!

Getting ready to hit the hay-I'm tired despite having a nap, TOM should be here tomorrow, I'll be surprised if it doesn't come, feeling barfy, a good indication my hormones are kicking in!

Eli is off tomorrow and we'll be headed up to Broward for the day-lots of stops and of course, lunch at Ole Ole and dessert of Carbolite-they're suppose to have COCONUT!!!! YEAH!!!! I think I'll have a medium Anyhow, I may not have time to post in the morning, so if I seem to be MIA, you'll know why!!!

MELF, sounds like you've been busy this extended weekend. What are your b.day plans?????

FLY, sounds like your shopping trip was successful today. Thanks for posting the TEENAGERS CODE OF ETHICS, I've copied it and sent it to Michael already-not Lauren, she's pretty good, don't want to give her any ideas!

CATLOVER, rained a lot here today as well-hope for a better day tomorrow.

NANCE, sounds like you and Dan had a great day together!! I liked that SD bread too, nothing like it here. I'll have to put that on my list of things for you to bring me when we finally make a trek to Miami one day in the future. So Dan has gotten better with the coffe, eh? I'm sure he'd make a great Barista now! LOL!! Yes, I am totally proud of your sale find today-so who got the other pair??? Hope you and Nadia will get some use of those new sneaks in that gorgeous park of yours in the morning-hint, hint

MELIRIS, WELCOME TO THE BOARD!! Glad you've decided to join our happy family! I know we have a lot of people who lurk and do wish more of them would join us-but at least you took the step. You and ROSALIE will have to compare notes on eating in the UK, she went there as well, I think about the same time you did actually. I remember when I went to Europe with Eli 5-6 years ago, I ate my way through every country and gained 10lbs in 14 days-I felt sorry for the guy who had to clean out the rental car we had-and every picture, I had some type of food in my mouth, mostly pastries! From that point on, it was uphill in the scale (was in the 130's when we went), it took some time, but before I turned around, (a few times) I was back near 200, something I swore to myself would never again happen. So, I guess what I am saying is that it's good that you have a hold on yourself now, before the scale continues to go up. Seems you've done well so far on SB, and trust me, I too seem to be a bit compulsive about staying OP 100%-just ask the gals on the board, and those who I've been lucky enough to meet Nothing wrong with that, but Eli would tend to argue with my statement!!!! Please, don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have-we'll all be happy to help in any way

BOB, can't wait to have you back where you belong!!!!!!!! Taking a flight the same time as ours-yuck! White shoes, does that include my white Birkenstock sandles??????

Gals, the bed is calling my name. Like I said, if I don't post tomorrow morning you'll know why-and have a wonderful Tuesday!!

Nite!

Debbie
194/125.5/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 09-03-2001, 11:38 PM   #20  

Default EVERYONE IN BED....NOT ME....ONLY 5 HRS TILL I GET UP!!!

YO....IT'S ME..... NOT ready to go to bed yet!!!

Everyone is asleep...even the (REAL) miniture DOXY'S....

Not ready to go to bed yet.

WENT TO KROGER TONIGHT got my BEER CHEESE to take home....already have my BOURBON BALLS in the fridge....
REALLY GOOD HEALTH FOOD SECTION AT KROGER!! Good frozen section...good on the shelf products...I could do well there...BUT I HAVE NO KROGER!!!

OK...I think I'm off to bed.....

BOB
Old 09-04-2001, 07:44 AM   #21  

Hey its Tuesday!!!! Hope everyone who had a long week end enjoyed. I did-but was alittle crabby with this TOM thing! I had great plans on staying on program 100% but ya all know me!! Actually i didn't do to bad just over did the leagal stuff and ate some non leagal stuff (pineapple) But i figured its a fruit bad on but a fruit! I am not expecting miracles tomorrow on that scale-but maybe they do happen!!!! HA! No excersise yesterday but Sunday i did 2 miles walking with my sis in law who just started Weight Watchers-they are sooooooo cute when they start a diet huh?! all gun ho! I guess i am getting to everyone arouond me with this weight stuff! Its a good thing! Hubby did well this week too he is up to 28 lbs off not bad for 9 weeks or so huh? he said his goal is a total of 60 lbs so almost half way! It is alot easier when we both are "watching" what we eat.
Boys just got off to school!!!!! yeah!!! little sad that my oldest is a freshman! He is getting so old! The middle one was really nervous he is going to middle school (6th) a new school for him. We where at grandmas yesterday she sells AVON and he picked out a deoderant! i said "you don't even have any hair or B.O"!! He then informed me he does have hair somewhere else (he will be 12 in Oct) I said thanks for sharing! how depressing huh?? I have another man almost!!! I think i am more upset about that then the other one going to High school! LOL But i am VERY happy to have them out of here they are soooo bored and picking on each other constantly!!!!!! As for my little angel girl she goes to Kindergarten on Thurs
what will i do with 3 hrs to myself??? the kids asked and i told them i was going to do my work out tape naked!!!!! they thought that was grose! Its a thought!!!!! Its been 6 yrs since i have had time alone!!!! I will let you all know how it goes! LOL I am dreading Wendsdays i forgot hubby has a day off alone with him for 3 hrs.!!! hmmmmmmm maybe he will forget too?! NOT! I won't tell ya what happens that Morning!!!! (getting a vision?)

Deb- hope you had a good lunch and Carbo lite! lucky you!

BOB have a great trip!

WElcome meliris! being obsessive is working for you 15 lbs is awsome!!! keep it up!

Nance-HEY! sounds like you had a fun week end! Hiking is awsome! I felt like i bbqed all week end!! we actually took chicken to the one we went to yesterday. It went great with the mudslides we had! I did the kid thing last week man I am poor now I think i spent $300.00 on them together. I guess thats not bad the sneakers where buy one get on half price. My kids are a bit picky and want certain thing but thank god those "names" don't matter much. The only thing is the sneakers i think i spend more for them than other people, but it makes them happy! LOL

VA- sounds like you had fun too! Don't ya love those teens!? Sometimes mine acts like a 2 yr old but i guess we gotta keep them! He also has this thing about new clothes and Matching! He says thats his style -NOT to match! Oh well could be worse things.! does yours have a hair obession??? mine is going through that latley!! I thought my daughter was bad!

melf- HI!!!!!!! glad your keeping busy! How was the pizza?? keeping my fingers crossed for you tomorrow!

bee-Welcome back!!!!!! Hope things get better with your daughter. I am not looking forward to those years with mine. You sound like you really want to make it this time! we are here for you!!!!

Jred-welcome too!!!

Rosalie-baggy jeans???? and big bras! woooooo hoooooo! thats a good feeling huh???? My kids start soccer this week! My daughters first year-last year was my oldest last year! it never ends! Her games will be Saturdays at 8:00 lucky me huh??? LOL I am assisting the coach this year! I will keep you posted on how that goes! the kids are 4 and 5 fun fun fun!

Happy Birthday Fillise! late but hope it was a good one!!!!!

Gotta go get the excersising stuff on! No tips today except STAY OFF THE SCALES !!!! Have a great week i if i don't get back. I want to chat tomorrow are we cancelling?????? let us know!!!

Rhonda

201.2/13?/135ish
Old 09-04-2001, 07:56 AM   #22  

Good Tuesday Morning Everyone

Able to find a few minutes to post while I cool down. Was out for my 4.5 miles at 6:45am today, Michael got picked up for school, so I didn't have to take him. Didn't make it much better heat wise though, thought it would-WRONG! Did my walk with 17 jogs in 53:40-no great time breaker!

RHROO, got an idea for you when you and Hubby have those 3 hours together ALONE on Wednesday, why don't you BOTH do your aerobics tape naked! LOL! Just don't tell the kids about it, they'll think you're REALLY gross then! As for chat, it's tonight but I'm not sure who will show up.

REMINDER Tonight is chat-not sure who, if any will show up, seems BIG BROTHER is going to draw quite a few tonight. I will try my darndest to get on, but it may be towards the end of the chat. Let me know if anyone plans on showing up.

Gotta run, have a wonderful day. Oh yes, one more reminder TOMORROW IS WEIGH IN WEDNESDAY!!!!! Good luck to everyone!!!

Toodles

Debbie
194/125/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 09-04-2001, 10:20 AM   #23  

Good morning all. I used Debs motivation tip and "imagined myself" doing my runs today perfectly and it went great. Even with those little 4 year olds. Sitting here with my oatmeal and coffee. Went like a mad woman cleaning up when I got home. Awaiting the Terminix man. Ugh. That guy gives me the creeps. So I'm going to "conveniently" call my dh while he's here. There's just something about him. Up one pound but I think it's TOM. Isn't it great we have something to blame it on?

Catlover-sending sunshine your way!

Nance-oooooooohhh. You have a great day. I'm tired just reading the post. You tell Dan he's great for me. You're right you are lucky to have Faris trust you with the haircut. Ben lets me but he wants it to be uneven!

Jred-Nance's right. Debs pics are so inspiring!!!

Melaris-Welcome!!!! Awesome. 15 lbs whoooo hooo. Keep it up. It was wierd about the posts. I noticed your number of posts remained a 3 for all of them.

OHhhhhhhh Bob!!!!!! I have white shoes on! Come get me.

Rhoo-Isn't the first day great. The house seems soooooo quiet. I just love it!!!! I'm hoping for a miracle tomorrow on the scale too. Your working out naked made me fall out of my chair with laughter. I wouldn't dare. I'd be knocked out by a flying boob.

Deb-you go girl. Get some walking in for me today too. Just kidding. I'll do something today.

Well, off to drop meds at school for William. Missed them last week they were out.

Sooo. Bye for now
'fly
sb since 6/29/01
185/166/145 19 down/21 to go.
Old 09-04-2001, 01:01 PM   #24  

Default Finally back

Wow - it always amazes me when the holiday weekends pass by in such a hurry....

I am so sore today. I went skating with the kids on Sunday and it was the first time I had wheels on my heels in 17 years!! I only fell 3 times and almost broke both wrists trying to catch myself, but I almost got the hang of it back again. I used to skate 1 or 2 times a week as a kid. The floor is alot harder now that I'm all grown up! I know this was probably great exercise, so I'm hoping to make it at least a bi-weekly habit - it was neat to do something like that with my 9 year old. He thought his Mom was goofy at first when I was trying to re-learn, but I have challenged him to a race after my 3rd time back and he thinks that is cool

BOB - I'm right there with ya on the white shoes thing..... My mother would die if she caught me in white shoes after labor day! I wore my favorite white sandals on Sunday, just to get one more time out of them this season! Did you see that movie about the crazy mom who was on trial for murder and had a hissy fit about a juror who had on white shoes after labor day? That was so funny! What was the name of that movie????????? I can't remember

Deb - I hate TOM. I find it hard to drink more water during that time, but everyone seems to agree that it helps.

Hello to everyone else! Gotta run for now.
Old 09-04-2001, 01:29 PM   #25  
Mel

Thanks for the big welcome everyone!

Back to the real routine now- ds back at school, dh back to looking for a job (the high tech slow down brought us to a halt), dd packing to go back to university on Friday. I'm going out with her for a few days- hope I can stay op and exercising- there's just too much junk food and even good enourmous quantity food-type restaurants in a college town.She an athlete, so maybe she can sneak me into the weight rooms and track. on the other hand, working out with all those buff 20 year olds is a terrifying idea.

One question- how on earth do I keep drinking all this h20 on a 400 mile drive? I'll be able to write a toilet guide to Pennsylvania and Ohio after that .

Got in my 1/2 hour weights and 45 minute run/walk this morning. I can't imagine how all you southerners do it in that heat; the heat and humidity of Pa. is bad enough for me. Hats off to all you Forida and Alabama ladies!

MELF- We have the same birthday! Hope you have good plans, I'll be assembling bookcases and hooking up computers.

Deb- I've been laughing at the ongoing hummus discussions. It's a staple at our house and always has been. I thought everybody ate it!

Bye for now and thanks for the welcome,
mel
Old 09-04-2001, 06:09 PM   #26  

Thanks "FLY for the lighthearted look inside the teenage mind frame. There are too true mores the pity.

DEBBIE, you are a gem with all youtr links!!! Why did I never think to put New Zealand in the search oh duhh!! Everything is always in America and now you have showen me the way Graet thanks a bundle.

Hi RHOO YES I WILL MAKE IT THIS TIME
Well as it has rained solidly the last few days and today is bright and sunny I had better go and get some washing done so i can get it on the line .
(I am dying to make some chocolate chip cookies but am resisting thus far ) but man i have the sugar munchies and bad !!
Old 09-04-2001, 07:00 PM   #27  

Hey All!

Got home a little bit ago, had a nice day out with Eli today, lunch was delicious and piggy me had 2 Carbolites-size medium-hey, at least I'm honest!!!

FLY, did you get in that walking? If you saw how NANCE does her own hair, you'd understand why Faris allows her to do his-she may of missed her calling as a beautician!

TV, I applaud you for getting on those wheels, I would be scared I'd definitely break something, plus, I have weak ankles. Honestly, if they would have a women's class on skating at one of the local skate shops, I would probably try, as long as I wasn't the only one who looked like an idiot! My fear, not being able to stop when you come to a corner and heading smack dab into a car!!!!

MEL, with planning, you can DEFINITELY stay OP with no problem. When I went out to Las Vegas and Calif, I had no trouble at all and stayed OP 100%. Even on the airplane-trust me, my chicken salad sandwich was MUCH better than the planes breakfast food (we'd been up for hours by that time). There's a lot of things you can take along, and for the times you want to eat out you can easily find places that are accomodating. Here's one tip I like-take whatever SB cereal you like and put it in a baggie along with powdered instant milk (measure accordingly), and just add water, and viola, you have you cereal and milk. Fruit is easy to take-really anything, as long as you have a cooler (and I guess it helps if you are driving, which is sounds like you are) Maybe you can write a potty book-take some Lysol wipes and potty covers with you, some of those bathroom stalls are disgusting!!!! Hummus, oye, we have it at home probably 4 times a week-Eli is Lebanese, so it's a staple in our house as well.

BEE, glad to be of help, anytime!!!

Well, I'm headed for the kitchen, going to make falafels for dinner-YUMMY!! Trying a new mix today-so much easier than making from scratch.

I'll check in with you all later.

Debbie
194/125/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 09-04-2001, 08:43 PM   #28  

Default HEY...Pssst...it's me BOB...

EVENING EVERYBUDDY!!!

BOB'S HOME~~~~~~

Bob's old arse is dragging.....and I'm off to bed...Hope I can stay
awake for BIG BROTHER

I'll talk to everyone tomorrow....

BOB
Old 09-04-2001, 08:55 PM   #29  
karen3000

Hi everyone!

I've been MIA lately, but I've somewhat kept up with reading the posts (until over the holiday weekend). Happy birthday to all you wonderful September girls! Hope you are all treated like a queen on your special day--you deserve it!!!

Welcome to the newbies! You have hooked up with a wonderful, caring group of women willing to support and help you whenever you need it.

Sorry I'm not responding to everyone - seems like I say that every time I post. It is just NOT slowing down here and I'm getting into projects that are taking too much time. The guys finally came today to start our re-siding (after they told us they were coming last Thurs. and then never showed up!). There's stuff all over the yard now and this project will take a week or more.

VA - just wanted to quickly say that I read Gap Creek - it was one of Oprah's picks that I read. I really like books about that area of the country and during that time period. If I remember correctly, the story was really good, but I didn't like how it ended.

Hope many of you can post a loss tomorrow. I know I won't, but I'm ok with that. I WILL get there.

Karen

Old 09-04-2001, 09:16 PM   #30  
sef

Hi all!

I am just checking in to let you know I am alive! Just barely. Someday this rainy weater will stop and I will be human again. I spent part of Saturday in bed.

Made myself go to church and hung out doing nothing. Yesterday I felt a little better and today is horrible again.

There was a church women's Bible Study today and I went to that but have gotten worse as day progressed. Also stopped to see if my new glasses lens was in. The regular lady wasn't there and the one who was couldn't put the lens in last time, so will try tomorrow.

It hurts too much to type so will not be at cvhat tonight. Will hope for a better day tomorrow.

Shirley.

Sorry this is such a lousy post. I will try to be more cheerful next time!!
Closed Thread