Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: Which below would you consider your occupation to fall under? Can check more than 1
Professional 15 53.57%
White Collar 4 14.29%
Blue Collar 1 3.57%
Student 0 0%
Homemaker/SAHM 10 35.71%
Retired 1 3.57%
Unemployed 1 3.57%
Self-employed 3 10.71%
Part-time 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2003, 06:16 AM   #1  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Post Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 9/22-9/28

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-THURSDAY RECIPE DAY
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=32264

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

Old 09-22-2003, 06:23 AM   #2  

GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

Will post my usual morning post sometime later, but wanted to make sure I got our
MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY
done early in the morning, so here's my contribution for MM, there's 2 of them to read today:

INTO ACTION

Your most treasured dreams are far too valuable to be hidden away. Instead, put them into action so that they become real and vibrant contributions to your world.

Every moment will be filled with some activity or another. So fill as many of those moments as you can today with positive action. You're always moving in some direction or another. So move steadily in the direction of those things you value and treasure most.

It can be all too easy to get caught up in the empty distractions that continually come your way. But do you really want to waste your time and energy on them when there is so much more you can be doing?

Pick the most positive, valuable, magnificent thing you can imagine and put it into action. Let it fill your thoughts and fill your moments.

When each action, no matter what it may be, is taken as a step toward what you treasure most, the power of joy and purpose will fill your efforts. Put your dreams into action, and put your own special value into life.

-- Ralph Marston

ACCEPT THE POSSIBILITY

The biggest successes come to those who are not afraid to fail. When you can accept and live with the possibility of failure, then you're able to create the reality of success.Success that is guaranteed is meaningless, for it creates nothing of real value. The value of true success is derived from the obstacles that must be transcended in order to reach it.

So how do you find the courage to accept the risk of failure? By knowing that no failure can diminish the value of who you are. No failure can take away your ability to accomplish. In fact, when you fall short of the mark after sincere and sustained effort, it is not really failure but a powerful step toward eventual success.

After every success, after every setback, you will still be you, ready to go at it again. Accept the possibility of failure, and you'll surely reach the reality of success.

-- Ralph Marston
Have a wonderful day, and a fabulous week!!!!!

Debbie
194/1??/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 09-22-2003, 07:54 AM   #3  

Thank you for the motivation Debilli. I guess I'm the first one to post this morning. Of course I'm up with the chicken's so I can get DH off to work. Got my walking in and am about ready for my day to begin. We got a little rain last night and its like fall here. I made my white bean chili yesterday and thought it was good. Think we'll have it again for dinner tonight and then I'll freeze the rest. Guess I'll go and pop back on later.
Old 09-22-2003, 08:54 AM   #4  

Good Monday Morning!

Yes, tis I, back from the missing from last week. Sorry about that, it wasn't planned!

Just got in from my 4.5 miles. Felt good to get back out there, wasn't able to go yesterday as we had a lot of rain in the morning. I'm actually surprised I felt good enough to go out, I'm teetering between getting sick and not. I prefer the not but my body may have other motives. It's starting exactly like the last time I got sick, took a long time to actually finally kick in to sick mode and until then I had tiny touches of symptoms. Light scratchy throat, sneezing once in a while, you get the picture. Most of what I feel is just tiredness.

My yoga classes have been cancelled My yoga teacher was in a car accident about 2 weeks ago and called me last night to tell me it was worse than she thought and she has some torn ligaments and will need some surgery. She doesn't have a clue when she'd be back to teaching. I have to call the library this morning to let them know as she asked me to do her that favor.

Went with ELI and his friend yesterday. I really hated having to share my one day with ELI with having him around. We went to lunch at OLE OLE where his friend ended up not eating but drinking 2 margaritas. It was like a cramp in our usual day. We ended up going to a movie which MICHAEL said got great reviews, we wondered how, it was AWFUL! It was LOST IN TRANSLATION - it had no point.

Well, I finally made a loaf of bread in my new/used bread machine and it got thumbs up from everyone, even LAUREN who hates WW bread. It was sorta flattish on the top, didn't make a dome shape as I thought it would, but heck, it tasted great! MICHAEL even asked to have his lunch made with the bread. I have a really old knife that's really cool and has a guide that makes all the slices the same (can be adjusted), only problem with it, it's for righties I'm going to make something else tonight maybe.

Sat. garage sales were the pits, hardly any out there and nothing at the ones that I went to-just got ELI 2 pairs of dress pants for $1, not much else that I can remember, only remembered spending $2.75.

I was only able to briefly skim the board from last week, I just got too far behind to try and catch up. I know I missed a lot, but anything of great importance or urgency???

Well, I'm back, at least til the next catastrophe! I'm still looking for a microwave - may look one more time today and then make a decision. Found one at Sears that's half-price but they'd have to order it if I want it in black which will take a few weeks, poor MICHAEL!!!!

Well, I'll be back on later to check in, have a few things to do around the house before I p/u MICHAEL and then go back and p/u LAUREN later - hate going there 3 times in one day but it's going to be that way til mid-Oct this time around.

TONI, good way to start the day and the new week

Have a great day!!

{{{HUGS}}}

Debbie
Old 09-22-2003, 09:02 AM   #5  
Goddess

Thumbs down Morning all!

I'm up early this am--I have a presentation at 10:00 and then I have to finish writing an exam for my class tomorrow. It's ben 2 1/2 years since I've had to grade anything. Never once in my "retirement" from teaching did I miss grading!

Toni--I'm with you! I made a pot of black bean soup this weekend. It's easy, easy. I've posted the recipe before but I just saute some onions and garlic in a little bit of olive oil. Add one can of chicken broth and one can of rinsed black beans (the Goya beans have no added sugars). I let it simmer for 10-15 minutes and then puree the soup with an imersion blender. A couple of shots of your favorite hot sauce and you are ready to go!

Monet--Where was your retreat this weekend? About this time last year I went on a church retreat to Montreat NC. I brought home tons of good mountain apples that were yummy all fall long!

BOB--Have you recovered from your weekend celebration yet? I hope you master that new program at work soon. The snowbirds will be descending shortly!

Gator--Have you recovered from your weekend heartbreak yet? Auburn replaced Florida with UT on its schedule this year, so I have to tabgle with BOB next!

Deb--everyone talks about how busy I am, but you seem to take the cake (SB legal of course!).

Heartmom--Last night my local NBC station repeated the dateline about the heartbabies. They followed a woman expecting twins, one, a heart baby. Was this the Dateline you were talking about a while ago? The baby had her surgery in Philadelphia. I have new admiration for you and Boogie! I always knew you had a special strength, but the special made that even more apparent!

Speaking of babies--Has Jenn in MN been on lately?

I'm trying to think of a motivational tidbit for Monday. I saw on the news last night about the Russian ballerina that got fired because she got too fat. This is a woman who is 5' 6" and weights 110 lbs! They interviewed her and there is not an ounce of fat on that body. Which just goes to show that if we are trying to lose weight for anyone other than our selves we are destined to fail. It's nice when everyone tells us how good we look and how great we are doing, but the true measure of our success is how comfortable we become with our bodies and ourselves by treating our bodies with respect and honor.

Have a goo OP day everyone!

Susan
Old 09-22-2003, 09:13 AM   #6  

THIS WEEKS CHALLENGES:

As usual we continue with to TRY AND GET IN AT LEAST 64 OUNCES OF WATER A DAY and TRY TO GET IN AT LEAST 3 DAYS WORTH OF EXERCISE and post it on the exercise board.

THIS WEEKS CHALLENGE:

Try to list, at least one day this week, the foods you ate that have a significant amount of fat grams, i.e. meat, nuts, cheese, etc. If it as 5 grams or more of fat per serving, list the food and the amount of fat grams you had in the serving. For instance, the pot pies have 10 grams, so you'd list that food. One ounce of regular cheddar cheese, 9 grams of fat-list it!

GOOD LUCK!
Old 09-22-2003, 09:16 AM   #7  

FILLISE, I heard from JENN a few weeks ago, she said she was going to try and get back on the board, honestly, I can't remember if she did or not Not really busy, just a bunch of crap occupying my time-things should be better this week, hopefully. Good luck with your presentation!!

Deb
Old 09-22-2003, 09:53 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Monday morning.

It is a dreary day here, raining and cool.

Went to the ballgame Friday night, It was a great game. But I froze to death, even with 2 coats. I will never make it through the winter.

The wedding was nice. Typical wedding food. I did fine with the food, but had too many drinks. I was going tobe good, asked DH to get me wine. He brought back white wine. I have never drank white wine in my life. We never buy it. You would think he would know that. Men So I switched to my Madras'. I had felt horrible Sat morning. I think it was do to not eating after lunch Friday. we didn't eat before the game as we didn't plan on going and then it was too late. I woke with a horrible headache which left me sick at my stomach. Therefore, I could hardly eat Sat. By Sunday, I was so weak. I ate but could never get full. Just had no life in my. Had so much to do but did nothing but lay on the couch all day and night. Did have way too much popcorn too.

Still didn't feel like eating this morning. Ate some pudding and half of a smoothie. Hopefully will have a snack later. With such little eating you would think the scale would be down, No, it is up 2 pounds. Guess all those Madras killed me.

Hopefully this rain will stop by this evening so I can get back to exercising.

BOB, I was pulling for those VOls. Can't beleive they beat them so badly. The high school game was Trinity vs Seneca. Our friend's son is the QB for Seneca. He had an awesome game. We left with 4 minutes to go and Seneca was down 10, they came back and won it. Making Trinity a 0-4 going into the ST X-Trinity game next week. The wedding was typical wedding food, sandwiches, meatballs, chicken tenders and stuffed mushrooms. Eating was fine, it's those drinks that kill me.

Jdawn, We have tickets to the UT game. Maybe we can meet up. Look for Grant's Farm bread, 100% WW. I know they sell that there. I really like the Wonder 100% SGWW bread. They also have that there at least the Kroger by Campus does.

Angehaley, Glad you caught that leaf before your DD ingested it. You aren't a bad mom, kids are just to darn quick.

ChrisD, hope your DS is feeling better. It is horrible to be helpless.

Monet, glad your retreat was great.

Deb, Bummer about the yoga classes. Maybe they can get another teacher. Maybe you could do it! Pump in some vitamin C and maybe you can hold off the sickies.

Susan, I don't think there is a teacher out there that likes grading papers. At least none of my teacher friends do. Make it easy on yourself. I saw that story on the Russian ballerina. She was so tiny. You are so right. Do it for yourself. Hope your presentation goes well.

Gator, We get you all next week. I hope you aren't too mad about the UT game and take it out on the CATS. We will probably have the big head since beating Indiana.

Missy, How bout those Tigers. Sure was a great game.

Have a great day. Be back later.

Jackie

257/153/145
10-10-01
Old 09-22-2003, 10:10 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

I thought I saw a recipe for stuffed shells or manicotti on here last week. I can't seem to find it now and I checked the recipe boards and didn't find anything.

If anyone has one or posted one, would you post it again?

Thanks

Jackie
Old 09-22-2003, 10:59 AM   #10  

Yum Jackie I would love that recipe too. I just made a loaf of zucchini bread and it came out like sawdust. It was horrible dry and of course I pigged out on it. Warm and sweet! LOL....
Fillise I hope your presentation comes out well.
Debilli- Hope you can knock that cold out before it takes hold....
Old 09-22-2003, 11:07 AM   #11  

Good Morning. I got on here Friday evening and posted a long post with replies and my internet service disconnected right before I sent it, so I'm not going to re-type it but start fresh this morning. I would love so much to get the fast-dial up modem, but it is not available where I live yet, so I have to deal with the turtle web.

I weighed in at 123.5 this morning with TOM hitting last night. I am a little surprised because I made some really bad choices over the weekend. I had some McDonald's FF (nearly a whole order), I had some regular cookies with sugar, I had one slice of pizza (with the crust) and then two without the crust. I feel like I was out of control, and blaming it on upcoming TOM, which is really no excuse....I've stayed on plan plenty of times through this TOM. I really need to get on track today before it gets out of control!

Did anyone notice that the heading for this said exercise board instead of support board? I'm sure everyone will figure it out since there usually aren't too many posts on the exercise board.

Deb: I hope you aren't getting sick. Both of my girls are just getting over colds. My youngest has been miserable. It's hard when you can't really give them too much medication and they are too stuffed up to sleep. That is too bad you had to share Eli with a friend for the day; that's the pits.

Jack: Sorry you felt lousy Saturday; that'll teach ya .

I spent all weekend hanging clothes on hangers and getting stuff prepared for our garage sale that we plan to have the second weekend in October; it better cool off by then. We have had unusually high temperatures lately. We broke a new record today at 107 degrees.

I hope to get to the gym at least 3 times this week, possibly 4. I think that is what set me up for the downfall last week. I only got to the gym once with the kids being sick, and didn't do my abdominal tape all week. I think I felt yucky and just ate that way too. It's a new week and I will be doing much better today, I hope!

Take care and have a great day. My DD doesn't have school today so we will run some errands early and I will jump back on later this afternoon. My goal is to check in twice a day, am & pm, and stay caught up on posts!

Take care!
Old 09-22-2003, 11:25 AM   #12  

Want to stay caught up...

JACKK, it's THAT cold there already? Geez, I'm dying of the heat down here and have the a/c cranked up and working over time! Hope you're feeling better, you don't sound like you're doing to well yourself. What the heck are Mantras? I don't drink anything but cheap Jewish wine during the holidays, even if then. I wish someone else would take on the yoga classes, but I doubt that would ever happen. She's the only one who would even think of teaching for free. I'm going to stay in touch with her and hopefully she'll get back into doing the classes in the future.

TONI, who's zucchini bread recipe did you use? Can't be mine, if it is it's DEFINITELY the cook!!!

PANCHO, I don't have dsl either, turtle speed here. Too expensive! I thought I had fixed the heading of the board but I did one area, not the main one - it's fixed now - sorry about that!! Hope you get to the gym all you want this week!

Okay, I'm off to make a milkshake! Will check in later!

Toodles

Deb
Old 09-22-2003, 11:28 AM   #13  

Good morning everyone,
Sort of a bad weekend food-wise. The in-laws were visiting, so we wound up eating out several times. I did manage to get a salad for lunch on Sat, Fri dinner was also good - sea scallops,
last night was salad and sirloin, but I also had a margarita. I really thought it would throw me for a loop because i haven't had anything alcoholic since May, but it OK. I'll get back on the treadmill tonight, and stay OP. And then we head off to San Francisco Thursday for a family wedding. Fresh seafood! I've never been out there, so it should be a lot of fun!
Hope that everyone else is doing well this morning.

Barbara
270/230/135
Old 09-22-2003, 11:51 AM   #14  

Good monday morning everyone!
DS still is miserable. His attitude is definitley a little better and so far no fever. Still has the nasty sores though and he isnt letting me look in his mouth long enough to see if they are going away. Just another lovely day around here.
Got to work out today, I feel so good that I did. Last week I only managed to get in one day! Now Im working on five!
I weighed in yesterday and it hasnt budged. Maybe a 1/2 lb but thats it! So I ate all day yesterday cause I was pissed, and didnt care! All legal stuff but a lot of it. I finished off the zucchini loaf throughout the day! Back on track today!

DEB - Look at you, being on top of these posts today! I love it! Hope you are feeling better! I hate when it teases you like that! What was the movie that you saw? Went to the new HFS that I found and it was worse than the original! I HAVE TO go to Tampa!

Toni - I made the Zucchini loaf this weekend and it was awesome. I pigged out on it yesterday!

BOB - Did you watch the Bucs game? Much better than last week!

JACKIE - Hope you get better soon!

Have a good mOnday...I have to get in the shower!

Chris
Old 09-22-2003, 12:26 PM   #15  

Default Monday

Hello everyone.

My weekend was just like every other weekend I've had, not good, but not too terrible either. I did eat way to much crap, but that's over with, until this weekend when I do Kerri's birthday. I know I'm going to have to have some of the cake, but I'm gonna do my best throughout the week up until her "party."

My Strawberry Shortcake pan came in Friday! I was so excited about it, now I can't wait to get the cake made on Saturday and decorate it on Sunday morning. I'll make sure to take a picture of it to post. The lady I got it from put a present in with the pan for Kerri. I thought that was really nice of her.

Those of you who saw the picture of Scooby all colored up by Autumn, I got him cleaned up. He's not all blue and green anymore. Thank goodness for washable markers. She's not getting them anymore though, besides the cat, she colored on my couch and dinner table! I just don't know what got into that child, she knows better then that.

Well so far today I've cleaned the living room and kitchen. That dang dog pooped behind the couch so I had to turn it over and clean out from under it and behind it. I swear he's more trouble then he's worth right now. I can handle the house being in a mess, but dog poop I can not handle at all! Hubby definately has to get a chain to put him outside some during the day. I thought he was getting better with this, but I guess I was wrong.

Ok, you all wanted a picture of me, so here goes. Ughhhh, I hate pictures of myself!

Gotta run, Autumn is ready for lunch and I need something myself, then off to the never ending laundry.

Jenn
Closed Thread