Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: If you could magically change ONE body part, which would it be?
Feet 0 0%
Lower leg (calves/knees) 1 3.33%
Thighs 6 20.00%
Rear end 1 3.33%
Hips 0 0%
Stomach 16 53.33%
Breasts 4 13.33%
Back area (love handles) 0 0%
Arms 1 3.33%
Neck 0 0%
Face (nose/eyes/ears/mouth) 1 3.33%
Other (care to explain?) 0 0%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-24-2003, 05:55 PM   #46  
Goddess

BOB--My prayers go out to you friend! I hope she will be ok over time, but this first patch is bound to be rough. it sounds like she has a good friend in you.

Susan
Old 06-24-2003, 06:10 PM   #47  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Just a quick check in...

DM will be out of the hospital on Thursday - she's asking me to smuggle her in some ice cream - I won't be a conspirator. She's on a low fat/low sodium diet in there and she's not liking it all that much

JACKK, honestly, I wouldn't mind cutting the grass if is hadn't been so high, I wasn't so sick and it wasn't so hot! Umm, my son, do anything around the hous He's one of THOSE Jewish men! Are you joking, my son cut the grass, he almost had a cow when I asked him to start the mower up for me!!! The only thing I'm taking is a good seat up on the couch, nothing else. Nyquil would REALLY put me out I think, I'm tired enough. I'm sure it will pass soon, or at least I hope. Have NO clue where one would get the miracle fruit, it's actually a plant from somewhere in Africa. Here's what one website says about it:

Fruit: The fruit is a small bright red, ellipsoid berry approximately 2 to 3_cm long and containing a single seed. Although not sweet itself, when a single fruit is eaten and the fleshy pulp allowed to coat the taste buds of the tongue and inside of the mouth, an extraordinary effect occurs. The fruit will now allow one to eat a slice of lemon or lime without wincing. The marvelous aroma and inherent sweetness of the citrus remains but the sourness is almost completely covered. The effect remains for some 30_minutes or more. http://www.crfg.org/pubs/ff/miraclefruit.html

Interesting, huh? Seems you did better with your pole than I did. As for the snacks, I was really thinking on the terms of off plan foods, but it can work out to advantages with not over snacking, I guess

GATOR, that looks like a recipe that even I could make and not screw up, but then again...

OLDME, I don't use Splenda due to the maltodextrin in it and what it does to me when I have too much. I haven't heard about those findings, but then again, I haven't really paid attention to things doing with Splenda-do some more investigating. I find, sometimes, these big sugar companies put crap out about stuff, like they have about Stevia, to make people go back to sugar, or so they wish/hope! SF PB should be easy to find, any natural pb should be okay, just read the ingredients. I sometimes make my own, just throw a jar of unsalted dry roasted peanuts in my food processor and let it whirl...as for the chocolate, any chocolate with a cocoa content of 60% or more is okay, a 1/2 ounce serving. The higher the cocoa content the better (less sugar). LINDT has a 85%. Just be careful if this is a trigger food for you! The label will state the content, if it doesn't, don't buy it, you can't assume it's okay. Can't really comment on your intake as I don't remember/know how many calories you should be eating, but do watch your fiber and calcium intake, I don't see much of either one in there

BOB, sorry to hear about your friends DH, how did he pass? Sad I keep hearing about how bad the waters are in Sarasota-thought maybe you were floating down stream. Was going to check the ocean for your arrival What? I like big penis and balls!!! Sign me up, umm, second though, sign ELI up!!!!

FILLISE, they now have a spam block on AOL but these SPAMMERS keep changing their e-mail addresses so the ones you block are no biggie. You can block the domain but many come from earthlink and yahoo and those are so popular if I block them I wouldn't get a lot of good e-mails. I saw something the other day on TV about spam cops but didn't catch the whole thing, but their trying to make it harder. I'll keep and eye out better now and see if I can come to any conclusions.
Okay, time to make dinner

Later!

Deb
Old 06-24-2003, 07:11 PM   #48  

Hello everyone--- Had alot of company visiting the last few days. My sister and her husband are here from Boise, and then an Aunt from New Mexico, and one from Utah is here for a week. Friday, my best friend and her husband came out too. So we have been having a wonderful time, inspite of the weather. Cold, rainy and windy. Hoping the next few days are better. We are all planning on going to watch my son ride on Friday night. My Aunt Vi, from New Mexico is the one who sponsored him when they had their business, and got him his protective vest. She has never been able to catch one of his rodeo's. She is really looking forward to this. Then she has to catch a plane early Saturday morning for home.

My best friend Carie is getting all her western stuff gathered up so she can wear it. She is so funny!! She is trying to talk me into wearing some of her frilly western clothes, but I told her Brant wouldn't claim me as his mother if I got all duded up!!

TOM arrived Sunday morning, and I am having alot of cramping for some reason. Just feel really bloated, and fat!! Probably will stay off the scales this week, but will see how I feel tomorrow morning. Haven't felt this bloated for quite awhile.

Will get in a few replies here, going to be pretty busy this week and the beginning of next. We are leaving on the 2nd to go to ND for a week. Dh's sister and her husband are in Marmouth, ND. They have one of the oldest standing rodeos on the 4th, so we are planning on attending it.

Jack-k--With all the walking, not to mention the trips to the potty, something should have moved!! lol. Oh my gosh, that dressing sounds so good!!

Deb-- Sure hope you will be feeling better soon. We have missed you!! Sounds like you need to find someone with a swather to mow down that hay field haha!! I love mowing our yard. But I do it once a week. And we have a very big yard. It takes 1 1/2 hours to mow.

Fruit-- WAY TO GO!! What's for lunch??

Want--The sweet potato chips sound delish.... I will have to try some here at home. But 3 oz sure wont make much, will it?? I too am looking for some of the legal chocolate. Does anyone have some brand names??

Gator-- Your dish sounds good. How do you caramelize the onions?? Have fun with your French class. Oopps, I see you have added the recipe here. Thank you!!

Jenn- Those mushrooms sound yummy! Do you remove from heat before you add the cheeses? Good luck on your Dr appointment today. I will be thinking of you.

Fillise-- I seem to be getting a few too. I don't like them either. But I have been told just to delete them, as if you go in and unsubscribe, then they know they have a live address. But I don't know anything about it so which is the best do you think??

BOB--ROFLMAO!! On another note, my condolences to your friend. It just goes to show, that you never know.... 56 is way too young!! Sounds like she has quite a friend in you. She may need that as soon as all the family leaves. My prayers to her and the family.

Last edited by Teensybean; 06-24-2003 at 07:15 PM.
Old 06-24-2003, 07:12 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Well, I thought yesterday I was feeling bad due to the weekend's sugar episode- As the day progressed, I felt worse and worse then started running temp, body aches, headache, and now I have all of the above but infected tonsils to boot. I feel like crap. Had a crappy time staying asleep last night. I was freezing and then I would be hot. So I guess I got some sort of virus. Just hope I get to feeling better tomorrow. My house is a wreck and I haven't had the energy to do ANYTHING. Okay, I'm thru complaining.

Daramus- Welcome back and when I was pregnant with Boogie, my hubby gained 30 pounds!

Fillese- Weekends--- it's when I'm around other people eating what they like,etc... But of course, they stay skinny and I pile on the pounds. BTW- I haven't received any solicitations.

Talitha- if you know the gym will trigger you into some obsessive mode- then stay away from it! Besides, there's stuff you can do at home to get into shape. I personally won't go to a gym because it makes me feel so bad about myself when I'm standing next to some tan blonde weighing 110 pounds and fake boobies.

Well, I need to go- the kids are being their worst!
Old 06-24-2003, 07:43 PM   #50  
Bustin' Buddy

Hey Everyone!

Just to report...we ate at a mexican rest. for lunch and I had a salad and just a few chips. I know it isn't perfect but - I usually never get a salad there - so give me a little slack! No time to post to everyone tonight - have some school work that I have started but I'll try to be better tomorrow!!!!

Night!

Missy
286/271.5/170
Old 06-24-2003, 09:26 PM   #51  

Went to chat, stayed til 9:25pm, no one showed up. Of all nights, I finally get on the computer and no one showed up

OH WELL!

Will check in tomorrow morning before ELI and I leave for Broward.

NITE!

Deb
Old 06-25-2003, 04:20 AM   #52  

Morning, and I do mean morning!

Woke up at 3:30am to find ELI not in bed. My blood pressure always rises when he pulls this crap. I get worried and think that possibly there's something wrong. Thankfully, he's in the kitchen watching TV, good to know he's actually at home, but now, I can't go back to sleep and I'm pissed! I hate it!

I'm feeling better as well. Knew I was starting to feel better when all of a sudden I was hungry and as I kept eating, nothing was filling me up. Not sure if it's from feeling better, or so I think, or the fact that TOM was about to show, which it did right before I went to sleep. At this moment, at dark-o-thirty, my nose is not stuffed, so I'm going by that. Let's see how the day progresses!

TEENSY, what's a swather? Sounds like your family is scattered all over the US! Sounds like you had a good time visiting with them this past weekend. Good luck to DS on Friday night. You should post a pic of him riding one day!!!!

HEART, hope you feel better soon, I know it sucks to feel icky! Don't worry, my house is a wreck too!!!

FRUIT, keep up the good work, on the eating and the posting

Just thought I'd come on for a moment and vent. Guess I'll just go back in bed and lie there....

Later

Debbie
Old 06-25-2003, 05:44 AM   #53  

Still up!

Nose is starting back up-that was short lived!

Forgot to ask-did anyone finally go to the chat room last night?

BTW, GOOD LUCK WITH WEIGH IN WEDNESDAY TODAY!!!!

Deb
Old 06-25-2003, 08:03 AM   #54  

Default Wednesday

Good Morning!

It feels so nice to be able to tumble out of bed, and get on here first thing, like I am used to doing. Today is my day off. I slept really late! I got out of bed at about 7:15!

I got on the scale this morning, and I am the same as last week, but that will change. I always drop a pound or two after I get up, due to water retention that accumulates overnight. I will weigh again in an hour or two and see how it looks.

Laura has gotten me all addicted to her Gamecube game she got for her birthday. It is a really fun game, and yesterday, I let her take my car and go visit some friends just to get her out of the house and off the Gamecube so I could play! Hopefully, I can get over it fast. I have too much to do to spend time playing video games!

I tried reading all the posts, and I ended up skimming a lot. I sure hope I did not miss anything important!

DEB: I am sorry you are not feeling well, and having trouble sleeping. What was Eli doing up in the middle of the night? He could not sleep? How is your mom doing? Tell her hello from me.

FRUIT: Hello! Good to see you back! You did pretty good yesterday, at that Mexican restaurant. I always have trouble with the chips. When I go with my husband, we make them take the chips away so we are not tempted.

HEART: Feel better soon! I hate having throat infections! I hope that is all it is. If you don't feel better soon, see the doctor! That is how my Mono started out!

TEENSY: You really should get all duded up for the rodeo! You need a hat, and boots, and all that! Have fun! I hope your son rides really well! Such a treat for your Aunt to be able to see him ride finally!

FILLISE: If you are on an anti-spam campaign, you NEED Mailwasher. You can find it at Mailwasher.net. I registered my copy for like $5. It previews your mail for you, and you can delete and bounce mail before it hits your computer. This makes it look to spammers like a dead address. I get NO spam now. Check it out. Miss Belle can stay here, if you want to come by on your way home. We could even put her in 'your' room with the door closed, and she would have a bit of freedom. We will just make sure that Tiger is outside. No prob! He has been staying out almost all the time now anyway. He doesn't like air conditioning! (weird cat!)

BOB: I am so sorry about your friend's husband. What a shock for her! Its good she has you as a friend, and you are thinking about how she is going to need your friendship in the near future! That is so thoughtful of you! What a great friend you are!

JACK: I hope your computer is not messed up! I hate having computer problems! When it won't work, I feel so isolated!

WANT: I buy natural peanut butter at Publix. Kroger has a natural pb too. Smuckers makes one as well. You have to stir them up, but they are the healthiest kind of pb to get; just peanuts and salt. The trans fats in the other brands are worse for you than sugar. As for chocolate, I buy a number of brands, but all are 70% cocoa solids. Recently, my favorite has been Cote d'or. I have Chocolove, but it is not as good. Lindt makes a 70%, as does Sharffenberger, and El Rey. I have gotten a few other brands at the farmer's markets around here that are good, but I am not sure of the name. Only what the package looks like!

DARAMUS: Welcome back! We had not quite given up hope that our token man was lost forever! Congrats on the new addition expected to your family, and on your marriage! You have been a busy guy, so we will forgive you for being absent so long! Hop right back on the wagon and bring the Mrs. SB is so healthy, it is fine for pregnant women.

TALITHA: Give Selah a big hug and kiss from me. I am still smiling over how she was flirting with that man in the next booth. I am always off on the weekends, and right now, I am only working until 11, so afternoons are free. I am hoping to get my schedule changed in the next week or so, and work 6 to 1 or 2, and then have Tuesdays and Thursdays off. This week, my day off is today, and next week, it is Friday. I leave for vacation the next Sunday though. You are welcome to come over whenever you want! Just let me know when to expect you!

I hope I did not miss anyone...if I did, its because my screen will only go back so far, and I don't want to lose my post. I am about to go have some bacon and eggs for breakfast...will hopefully get the chance to check in again later this morning! Have a great day everyone! I hope the metal monster is kind....

Old 06-25-2003, 08:37 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Happy WIW

Hope the scale is good to everyone today.

It sure was nasty to me. After spending half the day in the potty I thught sure I would get rid of that weekend wt, but I was wrong. I am not a happy camper and only have myself to blame.

We did get our 3 miles in last night. Boy was it hot. My legs felt like rubber. Later, we walked to a friend's house (another mile) for a drink for his 50th. I was proud, she had chips and dip and pretzels out, and I did not partake of even one. Felt good about it when I got home.

We have bunco tonight and even though I have never had dessert with them in the last year and a half, I am taking sf yogurt with me so I won't be tempted. We usually go out to dinner on Wed with a friend, so I am taking my ww bun with me.

Have a meeting this morning and a gyno appointment this afternoon so I probably won't be back on unless I can squeze in a minute.

BOB, how awful for your friend. I can't even imagine her state of mind. I'm sure you will be there for her after her family leaves. Prayers for her.

Deb, I know the challenge was for off plan foods, but I need to incorporate it into my daily eating too. Right now I'm treating off plan foods as a death sentence. Telling myself, I cannot have anything, it will kill me. Could yur mom have carbolite? Didn't know the fat content of it. Will she have to remain eating that way when she comes out? Glad you are feeling better today. Sorry abut chat. I was plannin on being there. But we went to a friend's house for a drink for his 50th and didn't gt home until 10:30.

Teensy, sounds like you have been busy entertaining, but having lots of fun too. How neat that your aunt will finally get to see the rodeo.

Heartmom, feel better soon.

Fruit, :clap: good for you, next time take triscuits in place of the chips.

Monet, boy 7:15 is really late. I find that the older I gt the earlier I get up. I guess I'm turning into my parents. Enjoy your day off.
Congrats to all the losers today, and the rest of us, just try a little harder and we will prevail.

Jackie
Old 06-25-2003, 09:40 AM   #56  

Well the scale was not good to me! I lost a whopping .5! I weighed on Saturday and I was down 1 lbs. Will I ever get off this back and forth stump? What am I doing? Perhaps, I will not eat sweet potatoes for awhile, perhaps that may help. I mean geezzz I barely eat them now, maybe 2 times a week at that! I feel so discouraged. As least last week I blamed it on Aunt Flo, poor thing its not even her fault. Well I was going to try to make a cheesecake from one of those recipes posted here for our church gathering, but not anymore. I may eat some. I will just make something I don't like. Okay, I have been told that the weight will just start coming off, and when is this? I lost like 6 lbs on Atkins the first 2 weeks. Makes me want to go back. But can I withstand my eggs with no toast and milk? Confession time: I was tempted to go get me a bagel and cream cheese with a granita with morning, but I talked myself out of it. what is wrong???!!! so right now I am at 161! I lost better on weight watchers too. But I was hungry...

Okay done venting.....

Bob: Sorry to hear about your friend. Man, that's a hard situation.

Hope everyone has a pleasant day!
Old 06-25-2003, 09:50 AM   #57  

Hey, Hey, Ladies! Happy WIW! The scales have been very kind to me this week - I'm at 185.5!!!! That's down 2.5 lbs from last week's WIW!!! So even though I had that little slip on Sunday, it didn't ruin my week! I've been eating SO on plan lately and I've been taking Deb's challenge to heart and I've been drinking in the 100 ounces of water range! I'm literally peeing every 1/2 hour but it sure helps.

My food intake looks like this most days:

Breakfast: shredded wheat w/ puffed Kashi and skim milk with some blueberries and splenda. Water.

snack: grapes & water - sometimes a diet, caffeine-free drink.

Lunch: salad w/ sf dressing, can of light tuna, 4 triscuits & water

snack: peanuts and 4 more triscuits & water

dinner: sf peanut butter with sf jelly on sgww bread and a piece of fruit. Sometimes a scoop of sugar free, lowfat ice cream. Just a little. Maybe another diet drink (non-caffeinated.)

Since my hubby was out of town for 8 days, I got into the habit of eating dinner with the kids - around 6:00 or so. I think a lot of my problems stem from the fact that with him, I eat dinner so late. First off, I'm starving by 8:00 and then I go to bed at 9:00!! How good can that be? So since he's been home, he's been on his own for dinner and I've been sticking to my plan. It's working for me.

I like this so much better than Atkins. I really feel like I'm eating a well-balanced, healthy diet. Fruit, whole grains, low-fat meats... way better to me than bacon, cheese and fried, unbreaded chicken wings!

Well, I'm finally seeing some results. It took a while but I'm really staying focused. I've been spending way too much time lately in my closet trying on clothes I've outgrown. Some fit me already, some will fit me in another 10 lbs... you get the idea. The thought of wearing them again is making me giddy. In the meantime, my regular clothes are actually starting to be too big! Yipee! Sorry for rambling on. For those of you for whom the scale has not been kind... be patient and stay with the program. It seems like I drop in chunks. I'll stay the same weight for 12 days then it'll be a couple pounds gone. I have to remember this during those long stretches. Thanks for all the support here.
Old 06-25-2003, 10:05 AM   #58  

Height: 5' 7"

Default WIW

Good morning! Britt had a very nice b-day yesterday. Her dad surprised her and we are getting her her own phone line. So I need to call on that in a bit. She was very surprised. I am so puffy this morning. I'll probably weigh in tomorrow. If it's the same as today then I'll count it as for real. My rings are tight so I am sure there is some water retention.

Deb...I am so sorry to hear that you are felling so poorly. Glad your mom is gonna get to come home soon.

Talitha...I hear you loud and clear about the gym. Just this way of eating was a challenge for me after years of battling an eating disorder. There are still time I have to remind myself it's not about being skinny but healthy. I think it's awesome that you realize what your trigger is and stay away from it. It's awesome to know that you have God helping you through. It's the only way I could have gotten this far without reverting back.

Jack-K...I think the scales are having a conspiracy this week. WTG getting in your walking. It's been almost 2 or 3 weeks since I've had any consitant exercise. I think that is gonna be my key to getting these extra pounds back off.

amhlawyer...WTG on your weight loss this week!

wanttheoldme ....hang in there. Sometimes it just takes a while and wooosh several pounds will come off. I'd really watch my starchy carbs and meat portions. If those are in line I bet the weight will start coming off faster.

Monet....7:15 doesn't seem very late....I tried to sleep in this morning and it was only 6:30...I would love to sleep till say 8 or 9...but it aint happenin'.

Heartmom..hope you feel better soon.

Teensy...LOL I can just imagine that western wear. I love western clothes but there are some that are just a bit much. And I KNOW my daughter wouldn't be seen with me.

Susan..sorry you are getting a lot of spam. I wish mine was weight loss related. That nasty stuff that comes in drives me batty. I opened one the other day not knowing what it was and had to cover the screen from 6 year old..ugh.

Bob...I am so sorry for your friends loss. I am praying for her. Especially when her family leaves and she faces those first few days and nights alone.

Well I've sat here way too long. What's new. Have a blessed and wonderful day.

Love,
Crystle
Old 06-25-2003, 10:08 AM   #59  

Hey everyone. This is jsut a quick note to let you all know that I've missed you. Been so busy this week that I haven't posted at all since monday.. Two days without the board, and I'm going into withdrawl. The bridal shower and bechelorette aprties are this weekend, and I'm working all 3 jobs with family from out of town visiting. AHHHH!!!!

ANyway. I'm eating way toomuch. What happened to my 1 starch a day???? After my WIW this am I'm deffinitely taking that more seriously. I was back up to 182!!!!!! I don't feel discouraged, though because my clothes are looser, and Travis told me yesterday that his guess is that I lost 5 lbs this week. He says he can see it. Could it be a lull in loss to gain muscle? I have been walking every day between 2-4 miles, and doing weights and of course my laps when I'm babysitting. Speaking of which, I'm gonna be late!! I'll try to get on tonight after everyone leaves from small group, and send you all some replied.

PS with beautiful days like these, who needs a gym anyway ??????

Deb- Caffeine makes my lungs contract and my muscles spazm, mostly in my abdomen. It's very painful and scary, but it won't really hurt me. I can have a little but, if I am eating food, but I am afraid of restaurants that claim to have Caf-free diet coke. One time they had the taps switched, and I was in pain, and couldn't breath comfortably till the next day. It's just not worth the risk to me, and I preffer water anyway.
Old 06-25-2003, 10:15 AM   #60  

I'm exhausted, peeved & TOM has flowed in! I don't think anyone should be around me today, I'm in RARE FORM! I'm not a nice person when the lack of sleep has crept up on me and this time it's bitten me in the arse! ELI is off today, he hasn't a clue what he's in for! One false move, one false word and he's going to have a foot stuck up his arse!! He'll WISH he was working today!

MONET, you are too funny! Sending LAURA out so you can play her games!! Must be addicting! Thanks, I will say hello to my DM for you ELI had gotten home at gosh knows what hour 2:00am maybe? I woke up, stuck out my feeler (leg) and he wasn't there and boom, I was up!!!!!

JACKK, if the scale is nasty to you it would probably kill me! I don't dare get on, I know I'm still up and just getting on it would make me want to kill it! Sure, DM could have Carbolite, but it would never make it in to the hospital Actually, it would melt by the time I got it there, it's soft serve. Have fun at bunco tonight!

HE JUST WALKED IN, BIT HIS FRIGGIN HEAD OFF ALREADY - I'M STARTING EARLY!!! He keeps asking me what I want to do today, like we ever do anything different?!? He asked me yesterday. He always gets the same answer, whatever you want. He tells me, if it wasn't for me, he'd be sleeping, which I thought he would still of been when I got home. Of course, I told him if it hadn't been for him, I would of been sleeping too last night! WARPATH!!!!!!

OLDME, hey, it's a loss, take it and be happy, better than a gain, that's for sure. Are you journaling? If so, you may be able to find the culprit of why you are teetering. When you eat sweet potatoes how much do you eat? Maybe too many starchy carbs?

LAW, CONGRATS on a great loss this week!!! Looking at your menu, it doesn't look like you are eating enough, do be careful. You want to make sure what you are losing is fat and not muscle. What about the fiber, the calcium-protein???

COUNTRY, a new phone for DD? I think kids these days have their own cell phones more that their own telephone lines at home. I wish sometimes my kids had their own lines too, they really can talk up a storm!!!!

TALITHA, have fun at the festivities this weekend! You could easily be gaining muscle and losing fat. Listen to TRAVIS, he seems like a smart cookie

Okay, I'm outta here and contemplating my next move of attack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Toodles

Deb
Closed Thread