Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: If Santa was basing your present on your eating over the past few weeks, you'd get
Nothing 4 19.05%
A piece of coal 5 23.81%
Something average 2 9.52%
Something really nice 3 14.29%
The best present ever! 0 0%
Not saying, he may read this and I'm not taking any chances! 7 33.33%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2002, 12:36 AM   #1  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Post Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 12/23-12/29

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-THURSDAY RECIPE DAY
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=22950

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

Old 12-23-2002, 12:51 AM   #2  

GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

Will post my usual morning post sometime later, but wanted to make sure I got our
MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY
done early in the morning, so here's my contribution for MM, 2 of them:

START SOMEWHERE

Whatever you desire to do, it's important to start somewhere, and the best somewhere is exactly where you are. If you feel overwhelmed by the task, release that feeling and just get started. When you feel outnumbered or overpowered, choose to let go of that feeling and simply get started. If you think you're unworthy or unable, leave that thinking behind and set about to start where you are. Then work to move yourself steadily toward where you intend to go.

Some days you'll make more progress, and some days you'll make less that you'd like. Let the victories and the disappointments all serve to push you continually forward.

Circumstances will never be perfect -- just get started anyway. Things will never work out exactly as you anticipated -- just keep going anyway. What matters is that you start, and then that you persist. The twists and turns and bumps along the way can all end up working in your favor. Start somewhere, right where you are, and work your way toward whatever you can dare to dream.

-- Ralph Marston

THE WORLD YOU CHOSE

If it is important enough to you, you will find a way. If it is not, you will find an excuse.

Difficult circumstances can challenge you but they cannot stop you. Only you can stop you. Others can give encouragement, can teach you and help you, or they can conspire against you to hold you back. Only you can decide what to do with it all, and what to make out of what you've been handed.

There are some roads that lead to success and others that lead to despair. The road you are on depends entirely on the road you have chosen.

Whether you see a life filled with beauty and positive possibilities or whether you see no hope at all, your assessment will most certainly prove to be true. So which one will you choose to see?

The world you choose to experience and the world you most sincerely choose to live in is precisely the world where you will be.

-- Ralph Marston

Have a wonderful day, and a fabulous week and a Merry Xmas!!!!!

Debbie
194/1??/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 12-23-2002, 12:54 AM   #3  

WE HAVE A BIRTHDAY TO CELEBRATE THIS WEEK!!!

IT'S TRISH'S BDAY
SATURDAY, DEC. 28TH!

Old 12-23-2002, 01:41 AM   #4  
WW Moderator

Good morning! This is my first time posting on the SB boards. I have been doing low carb, but I am switching to SB so I can do something that my whole family can benefit from. I hope you don't mind me asking some questions. I tried SB once before and made a lot of mistakes and gained weight, eeek!

To start out with what is probably the first of many questions, is anybody here a vegetarian? I have been lurking here for a few days trying to read about it, along with my book and getting some really good pointers from Debbie. I'll try to not ask too much before I get it all read!

Looking forward to getting to know you all!
Old 12-23-2002, 07:43 AM   #5  

Question

I am practising.....to see if I am getting his in the Mon. morning conversation.....I want to join in but am still a bit confused about how to use the boards.......please bear with me
Old 12-23-2002, 07:46 AM   #6  

Wink

It worked......I did it right.....what a neat way to start the day with the motivational board and boy do I need that support.....I am moving to another state, Missouri , in a few days and am so busy packing, and making all the arrangements.......I have taken the time to have some SB snacks around and made a good Cabbage STew last nite for supper which I found on some SB site..........
Old 12-23-2002, 08:34 AM   #7  
aka Zippy LiverFace

Talking Monday, Monday.....

So good to me!

GREETINGS! Got ALL my shopping done on Saturday including wrapping them all! Got ALL my grunchies bought yesterday (took me 2 hours and $200 but no one will be going hungry this week ) Today we have to finish cleaning the bathrooms and put the finishing touches on the house before everyone gets here. Tomorrow night will be our traditional Christmas Eve Dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe - 'twill be a good time.

Our neighbors are coming over for Christmas Dinner (2 of them and her daughter is visiting), they had already invited another older couple over so they will be coming and that makes 12 total in my house for dinner. (13 if Vince gets to sneak home for a little while - he'll be working)

MONET I'm with everyone else - do tell - is the sausage ball recipe legal? Sounds like a great idea! BTW, I"m so looking forward to meeting you in person!

BOB I'm so sorry you're having to adjust your plans. Can you call the rehab people and see if they maybe made a mistake? What a bummer. Although I can tell you Vixen is doing the wiggle butt dance for Skeeter.....

MEL How kind of you to think about your family and how they might not like chicken salad with cottage cheese for Christmas. My mom ran down a huge list of things for me to get and it didn't take her long to get to $200 in groceries - and we've also got neighbors bringing stuff over!

JENNIFER - WELCOME TO THE BOARD!!! I feel like we've got a celebrity in our midst! Ask away! That's what we're here for and we all learn something even from the simplest question. I'd think it shouldn't be too hard to eat vegetarian (as long as you're not vegan) if you are careful to get enough protein. DEBBIE could easily get you hooked on hummus which would be a good source. There's some lentil recipes, too, I'll see if I can find some of mine. I'm not vegetarian, but some of our favorite dishes are.

TIGER WELCOME TO THE BOARD, TOO!! Is that an AUBURN TIGERLILEY?? It can be difficult at first to figure out how to join us, but now you've got it and it'll be a piece of....sugar free cake. Come back to this thread all week and hit POST REPLY to add to the thread. Next Monday DEBBIE will have another one for us to start fresh from. As you can see we talk about everything from food to family.

Well, I better go get dressed and start moving. I probably won't be on the rest of the week, but I will be thinking about all of you! HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!!

Old 12-23-2002, 08:36 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Happy Monday

Are your ready????

I'm almost there. I gift certificate (which I am getting on my way home). 1 gift to deliver (hope to get DD to do that today) and 3 things to pick up at the grocery (boy do I dread going there).

Eating wasn't great this weekend. Not totally bad. No sweets just too much food and some breaded snacks. I did realize one thing though, I can never go back to eating the old way. This is for me for life. I had some gingerale Sat as my stomach was upset and didn't have diet. Sunday my head was killing me. There was sugar in the meatballs and weenies so that added to it. I felt horrible and was ravenous all day. I did have 1 T of mashed potatoes for dinner. I haven't missed anything by not having them for 15 months.

Deb, I loved your statement in the MM. If it is important enough to you, you will find a way. If it is not, you will find an excuse. That really hits home. I have cut it out and hung in on the top of my computer to read everyday.

Bob, So sorry about your trip. Is there anyone that could check on Kate throughout the day for you? The airlines are horrible about that. Can you book a flight now an then change it again? Did you see the UK-Ind game?

IDblond. I'm glad not being online helps you but we do miss you. Merry Christmas to you too.

Mel., WOW! 13.2 miles. You rule. I couldn't even walk that much.

Melf, Tis the season to indulge. Just don't let it get out of hand.

Robin, I think the season is the reason we go crazy. It's there so we eat it. Just shake yourself off and go straight ahead. Keep it in control and you will be ok.

Sef, Loved the jokes, especially the Nite Before Christmas. So true. Take care of yourself.

Yellow, not to worry I don't think you will be the only one in Jan trying to lose those extra pounds.

Monet, Don't you just hate trying to find a last minute gift. Good luck.

Rosalie, 2 pounds. Great. I think you are the only one losing right now.

Jennifer, Welcome. This is a great board and SB is a great WOE. It's good to see a newcomer this time of year. Ask away, someone will have an answer. I love the pic as your avatar. At least we know who we are talking to. I think we all should do that.

Tigerlilly, Welcome to you too. I hope you join us again when you move. Good luck. This is a great board for support and help.

Trish, Have a great birthday on Friday.

I think I'll be checking in later today, but just in case. I want to wish each and every one of you on this board a very Merry Christmas and a Wonderful New Year. A thinner new year, and happiness and love. I know I am so thankful for this board. I sure couldn't do this w/o you guys.

Jackie
257165!45
10-10-01
Old 12-23-2002, 10:32 AM   #9  

MORNING EVERY BUDDY!!!!

Just a quickie to Jackie...I'll address everyone else when I get home!

OH....MY....GAWD!!!!! CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT INDIANA COACH???? WORSE THAN BOBBY!!!!

Everyone have a good day....I'll talk to you this evening!~

BOB
Old 12-23-2002, 11:24 AM   #10  
Undercover Diva

S/C/G: 242/ticker/175

Unhappy UnMotivated MOnday

I ate like a ALL weekend and I'm NOT a happy camper.

On a lighter note (since I'm sure not lighter) I did get an adorable Christmas present...

Her name is ROXY and she's 7 weeks old. She's adorable and if she doesn't stop trying to climb the Christmas tree we're having her stuffed and put on the mantle.. *grin* I'M KIDDING!!!

First dog we've ever had with a tail... kinda weird..LOL
Old 12-23-2002, 01:58 PM   #11  
Mel

Default Monday

Gifts and wrapping are done, grocery shopping is done (and it went over $200 easily, SOL). I think I have enough food for twenty people, but only 10 are really going to be here. So LEFTOVERS! Yippee! I won't have to cook for a week after this, except for myself.

Now I have to start cooking without tasting- and it's tough knowing about what all is in the fridge. I'm going to take Christmas eve dinner and Christmas Dinner as free meals. Will try to stay SB legal (except for the cranberry sauce. The agave based sauce got a big thumbs down last year from everyone.) But forget about portions! and wine! I will get to the gym on Christmas tho- it's open from 7-1 and my trainer has made me a bet that I won't get there, so I'll show him! And it's leg day...can't miss leg day.

Sorry I can't reply, I gotta go start cookin'

Just wanted to say to BOB- I'm sorry about your trip!

have a good SB day, ladies!

mel
Old 12-23-2002, 02:31 PM   #12  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good afternoon!

My eating stinks... but I did workout for the first time in months!!! Yippee!!!!! The 3 mile walk with Leslie Sansone. A much stronger workout than I expected. It was great. My hips were hurting before I started so that was a little uncomfortable..but all in all a good workout. I broke a sweat but wasn't dying.

Beth..your puppy is soooooooooooooo cute!

Welcome Jennifer!

Jack-K...you are doing so good. I wish I could say I haven't had any sweets. I've been a bad bad girl..*smile*

Merlis...good luck on the eating with out tasting. I'm sure you can do it.

SolShine...sounds like it's gonna be very nice at your house on Christmas. We are having a nice quiet Christmas for the first time in years. Just us. The kids will get to enjoy their gifts and things without having to run here and there.

Welcome TigerLiley...you'll get the hang of this in no time.

In case life gets busy...HAPPY BIRTHDAY early TRISH! May it be full of all the things that make you smile. Beautiful memories and special surprises.

Merry Christmas and Happy holidays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,
Crystle

235/159(See the high number..ugh)/140
Old 12-23-2002, 04:31 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

I was very bad at lunch. Went Mexican, had a burrito, chips and 2 margaritas. Don't know what came over me. Just kept saying it's Christmas. Got to get in control. Our new gym arrives on Monday so I am hoping that is all the motivation I will need. Need to get out and buy the new book too.

Beth, your puppy is adorable.

Bob, He learned from a good teacher I guess.

Mel, sounds like you have a plan. My monies on you getting to the gym.

Country, Yeah for you working out. At least you have one thing going great. Sounds like a lovely Christmas at your house. My kids used to open and run out the door. Now they have time and they are too big. We are going to get this eating thing down pat in just a few days. Hang in there. I'll trade you weights.

Probably won't be back until after Christmas. I am off the rest of the week.

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL MY SB FRIENDS AND A HAPPY & SUCCESSFUL SB NEW YEAR TOO.

Jackie
257/165/145
10-10-01
Old 12-23-2002, 04:46 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Still here, but don't want to talk about this weekend!
Old 12-23-2002, 07:33 PM   #15  

Question cornbread

Is cornbread made without sugar allowed?
Closed Thread