Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: How much time do you spend in front of the TV or the computer on a typical day?
Less than an hour 1 3.70%
1 to 2 hours 3 11.11%
2 to 4 hours 7 25.93%
4 to 6 hours 6 22.22%
6 to 8 hours 1 3.70%
8 to 10 hours 4 14.81%
10 to 12 hours 0 0%
12 to 14 hours 2 7.41%
14 to 16 0 0%
16 or more hours 0 0%
Haven't a clue 3 11.11%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2003, 05:38 AM   #1  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Default Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 5/5-5/11

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-THURSDAY RECIPE DAY
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...threadid=27341

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

Old 05-05-2003, 05:45 AM   #2  

GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

Will post my usual morning post sometime later, but wanted to make sure I got our
MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY
done early in the morning, so here's my contribution for MM, there's 2 of them to read today:

OVERPOWER THE NEGATIVE

No matter how menacing the problem may be, you can always find a positive desire that is even stronger. Never forget that those things holding you back are limited and finite, while the dreams that pull you forward have no limits.

As the troubles become more troubling, your best response is not to pull back. Your best response is to reach even higher. As the challenges become more challenging, that's not the time to run from them. It's the time to reaffirm your commitment to moving forward. Make your dreams and goals bigger than your difficulties. Overpower the negative aggravations and frustrations in your life with positive possibilities.

Connect yourself with a purpose that will energize and inspire you to the very core. And suddenly even the messiest, most complicated challenges will seem trivial by comparison.

-- Ralph Marston
Change Begins With Choice

Any day we wish; we can discipline ourselves to change it all. Any day we wish; we can open the book that will open our mind to new knowledge. Any day we wish; we can start a new activity. _Any day we wish; we can start the process of life change. We can do it immediately, or next week, or next month, or next year.

We can also do nothing. We can pretend rather than perform. And if the idea of having to change ourselves makes us uncomfortable, we can remain as we are. We can choose rest over labor, entertainment over education, delusion over truth, and doubt over confidence. The choices are ours to make. But while we curse the effect, we continue to nourish the cause. As Shakespeare uniquely observed, "The fault is not in the stars, but in ourselves." We created our circumstances by our past choices. We have both the ability and the responsibility to make better choices beginning today. Those who are in search of the good life do not need more answers or more time to think things over to reach better conclusions. They need the truth. They need the whole truth. And they need nothing but the truth.

We cannot allow our errors in judgment, repeated every day, to lead us down the wrong path. We must keep coming back to those basics that make the biggest difference in how our life works out. And then we must make the very choices that will bring life, happiness and joy into our daily lives.

And if I may be so bold to offer my last piece of advice for someone seeking and needing to make changes in their life - If you don't like how things are, change it! You're not a tree. You have the ability to totally transform every area in your life - and it all begins with your very own power of choice.

To Your Success,
Jim Rohn
Have a wonderful day, and a fabulous week!!!!!

Debbie
194/1??/129
SB since 3/22/00
Reached goal 6/10/01
Old 05-05-2003, 07:23 AM   #3  

Good Monday Morning Everyone

I was up ultra early this morning, my legs sorta kept me up and then BOOM, a big charlie horse got my right leg and then I was REALLY up! Gosh darn, those things hurt! Probably got that from lack of water and milk drinking this weekend, something I'll have to work on in both areas. I usually drink extra calcium lactaid and haven't been and now I see what happens when I don't get enough calcium! Hope it won't bother me when I go for my walk as I intend to do after taking the kids to school.

Want to get in replies before it gets too late so I don't get too far behind with them...

BOB, I can't believe you are still in so much pain! Sorry to hear that. There's nothing that can help you along better? I hope your Wed. Dr. visit gives you some answers AND some relief! That Derby outfit is adorable - that child doesn't know how spoiled he is with having you as an Aunt!

GRIN, you are so right when you say we have to let go and get on with it. The past is the past-no use to dwell on it, what's done is done. THANKS!

SHEANNE, did you ever call the nutritionist and ask her if it was 6 ounces or 6 servings? It just can't be 6oz. I wouldn't wait to ask til the end of the month if you haven't already-call her!!!

TEENSY, I'm not one for buffets. The only time I do go to them is when we are on vacation and even then, it's not a liking experience. I wish they'd try and get a bit more health conscience foods in some of the larger chains-at least have regular shrimp without the batter for an option! It's hard for me to have so many mishaps which have only been occurring over the past year. I was actually 100% legal almost an entire 2 years, and I mean, not a cheat until NY DAY, which had only been a bagel and a bit of a blintz souffle I made, not much of a cheat, but after that, nothing til my 2nd SB anniversary. This past year just threw me for a loop. With the board, they saw I was so OP for so long and then now...but as you said, I'm human and I know I'll have to be careful with what I eat the rest of my life and there will be ups and there will be downs and I just have to learn how to deal with them

JANE, hope you are feeling a bit more rested this Monday morning! Do you try to get in a nap when you feel so tired? I can't sleep late either, I think our internal clocks are screwed for life!!!!

MEL, nice to see your post-was wondering what you've been up to lately! I read the SP book long ago, didn't know she had a second one out, or at least I don't remember it. I like for people to read the preface on her book, it's very interesting. Now I know why SOLSHINE hasn't been around! Hey, whatever works!

COCO, let us know if you find any interesting info on soy in that magazine! Hope you survived the dinner out you went to, I'm sorry I couldn't give you any pointers as I didn't see the post til now, but when ever that arises, planning ahead is always the key

Just got back from taking the kids - MICHAEL needed the computer, so I wasn't able to continue on. I'm going for my walk now and will p/u with the posts when I get back.

FOR THOSE IN MO., PLEASE GIVE OUT A HOLLER YOU'RE OKAY!!!! Heard about the terrible weather out there and I know we have one or two on the board from the state of MO!

In a while crocodiles

Debbie
Old 05-05-2003, 07:53 AM   #4  

Morning! Hope it is good whereever you are. Here it is gray, and looks like rain!

I am ready to start a new week. Last week was a bomb. It went ok up until the weekend, then I lost my grip on the wagon and went off, head over heels. Yesterday, I had a big serving of ice cream and ate Cape Cod potato chips. I feel yucky this morning, so I am sure the cheats are causing it. The weekend was awful, and I am sure it had a lot to do with my situation. Tom was off camping, and I was dealing with situations he usually handles that were causing me to feel stressed. Once I slipped up, it was hard to get reined back in. Today is the day, though. I am determined.

DEB: I found a large quart carton of egg beater like stuff at the store and got it to try. I know you use this stuff. Do you use it for all egg uses, or just making scrambled eggs?

AGOGO: I don't think a Tablespoon of agave is going to hurt. It has a very low GI, like between 15 to 20. As long as that is all you are having, you are doing great! Welcome by the way!

FILLISE: Glad your party went well! That is funny about your friends with the baby. And they did not let on! Hope she is recovering well! That is was wonderful of you to arrange meals. Those were lifesavers to me when my kids were born. The churches we attended at the time sent about two weeks of meals and often it was enough for two meals. My MIL came to stay, and so everyone just waited until she left to bring the meals. It essentially gave me four weeks of help!

ROSALIE: I will be sure to post a picture of the New Dawn when it blooms. It is beginning to open more. Yesterday, I found a full blown bloom on my Graham Thomas. I am so happy they look so good so far! I am determined to keep up with my spraying and feeding! The big Scentimentals are blooming, and are loaded. Such a relief after I almost killed them last year!

TEENSY: What did you think of DietPowers figures on your menu? Hope you can convince your hubby to stick to SB. Mine does it, and is so good! He has such self discipline, it is amazing. Unfortunately, it does not rub off on me. If it were going to, you would think it would have already! sigh...

Be back later!
Old 05-05-2003, 09:12 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Boy I've missed this board. Boy I need this board.
Four days of bad eating, four pounds up on the scale. I about killed myself when I stepped on it. But I needed to scare myself right back OP. Lots of drinking, losts of sweets (which I don't even like) lots of snacks. Bad me. Got back OP yesterday. Was tempted to wait until today, but I forced myself. Even fixed mashed potatoes for dinner. The kids were so excited to have them. i planned on having a spoon full, but DD said to me, "you don't want any of these, do you?" I didn't have the nerve to say yes, so I passed. Now I'm glad I did.

Have to do good as long as I can this week, cause Wed, Thurs and Friday will be off days. Just have to be extra careful. Next week will be a brand new start. Back to full time exercising and eating right. Think I will start journaling too. Determined to get these last 9 pounds off (probably more before then) and do it quickly.

Enough about my problems and indiscretions.

Mel, good to see a post from you. I have been wondering about you for ages nows. Glad you are still doing fine. Congrats on your certification. Don't be a stranger.

Susan, Glad your Derby Day ws fun. It was perfect weather here, high 60's. Personally, I would prefer much warmer.

Beth, Glad to see your post. Sorry to see that you have gained 20 lbs back. Come on girl, you were doing so good. You can find that motivation again. You need to really stick close to us and we will help you find it. Congrats on your promotion. Maybe that will help keep you OP. Welcome back.

Deb, I think it is good to bare your soul. It is for me anyway. If I didn't confess, I would keep on cheating, no one would know. I don't know what makes us do this stupid stuff. But I have learned that I resort right back to my old habits very quickly. One day I cheat a little, a little more the next day, then whole hog. Hope your DD is feeling better soon. That probably is part of your problem. Hang in there. Is your DS nuts??????Does she not believe in birth control? More power to her if she can handle it. I sure couldn't.

Have a great OP day.

Jackie
257/154/145 (I don't have to count that gain until WIW)
10-10-01
Old 05-05-2003, 09:32 AM   #6  

Back again!

OMG! It's so friggin hot out there today! It's going to be close to 90 degrees! I think it's there already! I don't know what I was jogging on this morning but I can tell you that not only did I get in my 4.5 miles, I did it in 52 minutes flat, I'm profusely sweating like I was in a 100 degree sauna doing jumping jacks as I run around AND I got my heart rate up. All this on little sleep, a charlie horse, no water at all yesterday (not saying it because I'm proud of it) and not much food as I wasn't feeling too hot (hormones). Good way to start the week. Have to say though, as hot as it's getting out there my jogging is going to be less and less and I'll have to focus on getting my walking rate up-I'll pass out if I do it much longer in this heat!

Garage sales sucked this past weekend! They were out there but nothing was out there, all junk or nothing I really needed. I did get LAUREN a really nice JANSPORT backpack in a pretty blue that looks brand new for .50c so she was happy with that, and me too since I don't need to buy anyone a backpack for next year! Got a nice litho from a local artist number 390/400 for $1. It's matted but not framed. Nothing much to speak of, it was a dud out there

My eating has been great, okay, yesterday NOT, but wasn't anything I ate that was wrong, just wasn't able to eat enough as I was feeling barfy from hormones. TOM was due on Thursday but came on Saturday instead along with a headache I killed with 222's but Sunday when we went to my sister's for my nieces party I only ate a piece of chicken, few black olives and a bit of coleslaw and viola, I felt sick. I did take a scoop of Breyers vanilla ONLY because I knew it would come right back up, otherwise I wasn't going to eat it at all, but just as I knew it would, out it came, so I don't count it as having any

Actually, I have to say, it does help me to post to you all and explain when I've had a rough time. I find, if I don't say anything there's more of a chance that I'll continue to keep running in the opposite direction. When I come on the board and bare my soul it's because I want to get back on track and telling you all makes me accountable for what I've done and what I plan on doing. One thing that's very important to me is my word and I try very hard to keep my word and stay honest. I sure wouldn't want to tell you all that I'm 100% OP if I'm not, just to save face-it's not me.

This board has been here for 3 years now as of last month! I've seen so many people come and go and yet so many of you have stuck beside me over the last few years. For the first 2 years (almost) I didn't cheat at all, not once-boy, I felt not only proud, but felt like I was serving a good example. Last year when we went to NC for vacation I slipped up and I've had a hard time quite a few times over the past year. BUT, I'm hear! I know this works if I work doing it and I know that whatever weight I may gain now or in the years to come, SB has shown me that I can lose the weight successfully. I may have slip ups, hard times, bad eating judgements, and I can't blame that on anyone but myself-I'm here and I'm here to stay for the long haul. I didn't come here for a quick fix, as I've done so many times in the past (and failed), this WOE is a life time commitment, along with this board and all of you. Those of you who are in it for the long haul, I'm glad you are along for the ride!

I can tell you that I know, without stepping on the scale I've gained a few pounds. Not only do I look like it, I feel like it, the measuring tape is showing me an inch bigger in the waist AND my fanny pack was tight this morning. Nope, no need to get on that metal monster and I won't, any time soon either

Okay, time to get in some replies before I find myself out of time...

MONET, my DM loves Sweet Tomato. I don't care for it at all, the only thing I'll get is a small salad (of course) and I'll be one of those who digs out the chunks of chicken in the chicken noodle soup as it's about the only 2 things I can ever find there to eat, and of course, I'm not one for buffets, but Mom loves it there. We don't have one close to home otherwise I'm sure I'd be going there with her more often. When up there it's usually OLE OLE, but once in a blue moon I'll let her chose ST. Did you like About a Boy? I loved it, thought it was a great movie, though I really don't care for Hugh Grant in general. Have you ever seen BILLY ELLIOT? If not, get that, it's a great movie! Actually, the new agave, which is not blue anymore, has a GI of 39 Eggbeaters, I use to make not only scrambled eggs or an omlette, but I use it in my quiche recipe as well, part real and part EB. Also, I seem to find using a non-stick pan makes them taste strange, so I use a regular pan and spray it. LOL! What's a big serving of ice cream to you? My idea of a big serving is half of a half-gallon! Hope you find today an easier day!

BOB, shorter than it was? How the heck can you go any shorter without shaving your head? I swear, you and ELI can look like twins-last time he got his cut you could see his scalp! Geez, if you'd just get better and come visit I could stock you up with some Columbian, coffee that is

FILLISE, glad to hear your party was a smash, sounds like one. I'd love to experience a DP and Mardi Gras one day! Any pictures? Gosh, it sounds like you were closer to using those delivery instructions than you thought! How's the baby? How's your friend. That's terrible that they had to do an emergency hys-why did that have to be done? Hope she is doing better.

TEENSY, actually, you could probably do 3-4 of those cookies as a serving, more like 4 as a starchy carb is about 15 grams and 80 calories, approx. Did they come out crispy or chewy. Who posted the recipe originally? I don't like sweet cookies either. One of the best ones is the Mandelbrot recipe I have posted, it's like a biscotti. Oh, my getting sick, it's hormones, nothing more-I'm use to it.

SHEANNE, good for you for continuing to work with FITDAY, I think it's great and I'm sure it's a help to see what you are actually eating, I know when I journal it helps! I always recommend newbies to go to RYSSA'S site that you posted the link for, it's great!

ROSALIE, your intake looks great as far as the ratios go-good for you! Hey, if you seem to gain a few initially, don't cut back right away, your body may just need to adjust, give yourself a little time and then see what happens first. I think that the cookies TEENSY made could probably be about 4 grams each. They make 48 cookies which is a lot, or so it seems-maybe they are thin and small. The flour, the oatmeal, nuts and the apple sauce are really the carb majority it seems in the recipe.

AGOGO, Glad you've come to join us I too don't like artificial sweeteners but I actually like Stevia. I think the biggest problem people who try stevia and don't like it is because they use too much and it's awful when you do that. People think of it as S&L, or Splenda, etc and it's not. I would use 2 S&L packets in a drink whereas only 1 packet of Stevia. Also, it can clump when using the powder if you don't stir whatever you are putting it in, but personally, I like it and use it all the time. As for the agave, I think all of us on this board who use agave love it, BUT, I don't use it in drinks, one is of course because I do like the stevia, the other is for the same reason you posted, because I'd have to use a lot to get the same sweetening power. It's not only expensive to use as such, BUT, you do have to limit your intake of it as it does have grams of sugar in it, as well as calories and carbs. For 3 teaspoons you are adding in 48 calories and 15 grams of sugar. If you drink more than one glass a day, that could be a problem, once a day may be okay but I would tend to say you should count that amount of agave as a carbohydrate serving. You may want to try a few of the other sweeteners out there, there are a few others. Where in Cali are you? Lucky you - I envy anyone anywhere in the same state of a Trader Joes! Anyhow, feel free to ask all the questions you may have-we're all more than happy to help!

JACKK, wow, you sound like you had a Debbie Episode! I'm sure you have water weight in there and will get those 4 pounds off as fast as you found them. LOL, I have to tell you, I had my post already done and refreshed the board and saw you had posted and I had to laugh when you said BARE YOUR SOUL as I had already typed exactly that and etc. It was like you were reading my mind! Honestly, I don't think DS can handle it with 6 kids, but hey, I can go see them and leave Good luck this week!!!! Everything will go just fine I'm sure - will be awaiting pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I'm outta here. I have to take a shower and get ready for yoga class this morning. Going to go to the HFS afterwards, they have a few things on sale I want/need AND I have coupons!!!! Will just stay in that area til I have to p/u the kids so I won't be home til after 3:00 as I have to take one of MICHAEL'S friends home as well.

Will check in later.

Have a wonderful week everyone!

Debbie
Old 05-05-2003, 09:35 AM   #7  

TRANQUIL, since you were away, we didn't get to wish you...

HOPE YOU HAD A GREAT BIRTHDAY WEEKEND!!!!!
Old 05-05-2003, 09:55 AM   #8  

Default Hello

Hi All:

Thank you for the birthday wishes! Well left for Orlando, went to Hard Rock Hotel last week and were upgraded to a "Club" room! It was fabulous, the hotel was fabulous, the pool was terrific! I got some sun and lots and lots of exercise! I stopped taking the Glucophage while I was gone and I was not sick - but today I start back on it again, and we will see...I had my birthday dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe and they made me stand up on the bar and have the restaurant scream Happy Birthday to me! I also went to see Identity - scary and wierd. It was definitely a fun filled and exhausting birthday weekend and nothing went wrong, just all right!

Back to reality and back to being OP - because I know every alcoholic beverage and appetizer I ate was NOT on program though the scale showed the same today.....

Thank you for the Birthday Wishes!!!

Deb - OH MY GAWDDDDD, Number 6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess since they make such beautiful babies, why not? hahahaha!!!!!!!

JackK - No, you don't have to worry about the weight until Wednesday Me too!!!!!!

I know I have a lot to catch up on, but I am at work and can't. So everyone have a good Start for a new week!

Sabrina
Old 05-05-2003, 10:45 AM   #9  
Wannabe skinny babe

Angry Back from our trip

Hey everyone,

Sorry I didn't get a chance to post before we left for Chicago on Friday, but I ran out of time trying to get the dog boarded and the luggage packed, etc.

We had an okay time. We went to a seminar down there, so it was 8 hours of driving Friday, 8 hours of sitting Saturday, and 8 hours of driving back Sunday. My backside is numb!

I managed to stay OP most of the time (a few blips here and there) but overall I think I did better than I'd expected. *patting self on back*

My weight was down 0.8 lbs. from last week - I weighed on Friday morning since I was gone Saturday.

Monet - my TSH was 1.75. Isn't that right in the normal range?

Got to run for now, but wanted to say hello!

Jenn

Last edited by Jenn in MN; 05-05-2003 at 10:51 AM.
Old 05-05-2003, 10:50 AM   #10  
Wannabe skinny babe

Oh, I forgot to ask a question... whoops, duh me.

My doc is talking about anti-depressants, and I'm seeing someone this evening (psycologist?) to discuss. I know there are some out there that have weight-gain side effects. Can anyone help me or point me to ones I need to avoid? Or do you think if I tell him my weight is *why* I have depression, he'll know to steer clear of them?

Thanks for any advice,

Jenn
Old 05-05-2003, 11:21 AM   #11  
"I'm working on it!"

Default Good Monday Morning

Hi All!

I've been busy trying to do some gardening and trying to get all the loose ends tied up at the investment property.

Looks like I was not alone in the bad eating department last week. Those dang chips get me every time. I wanted to be down about 5 lbs for our long weekend (2 weeks!!!), but I don't know if I'll make it. I've kept putting off the exercise too! I found my "before" pics that I made hubby take a couple of summers ago and I have to admit, that I'm getting pretty darn close to looking that bad again! But I think looking at the pics and comparing to my self now, made me realize I better get back OP with eating and get my butt in gear!

Last night I really forced myself back on the elliptical for a half hour. It wasn't the fastest I've gone, but I did it! My knees and hips have been aching more and more so I need to get on that machine! (the joints feel better with exercise). I wanted to stop after 20 minutes, 25, minutes and at 28 minutes I could hear the voice in my head say "that's long enough, you're close enough' but I kept on till the half hour was done.

I stayed OP eating wise yesterday with the exception of a small piece of cherry pie for dessert.

Today I think I got my upper body workout. I had my backpack full and then carried home a couple of bags of stuff AND a potted plant AND a hanging basket plant. I'm a nutbar, I know. But I so want to get into my gardening. The rule of thumb here is to not plant till the May long weekend. I don't listen to that rule. My neighbor and I usually have tomato plants in the ground by mid April So I think I'm going thru withdrawal!

TRANQUIL--Happy Belated Birthday Sounds like you had a really good time!

DEB--You and my FIL should hook up for garage sales! The inlaws arrived back yesterday with lots of gifts for us. FIL got 14 and 18 karat gold bracelets for 25 cents to $2.00. They gave me beautiful earrings with a tearshape garnet surround by tiny pearls. Clothes and toys for DS. And I know how cheap FIL is so he didn't pay much for everything.

I think it's good that you come to the board to "confess". That's what I'm doing today. I think it helps us get back on track faster by admitting to others that we've messed up a little. We're all here for each other to lean on.

JACKK--Glad you're back on track. Way to go on passing up the mashed potatoes. Once you get back into your routine, I'm sure those extra lbs will come off. This is a busy/crazy time for you. When is the wedding? Is it this weekend coming?

MONET--C'mon, let's go! There's a few of us getting back on that wagon! I hope you're feeling better real soon. I think I was in the same boat with you! My big downfall was kettle cooked chips (I think Cape Cod are kettle cooked, no?) and then it snowballed to eating whatever chips DH picked out. I felt so blah even while eating them, but still kept on going. I feel better today after eating OP for a day and getting in some exercise.

Ok, gotta go get some chores done, maybe some gardening if the rain holds off.

Let's everyone grab hold of the wagon and hold on tight!
Old 05-05-2003, 11:23 AM   #12  
Goddess

Thumbs down Good Monday Morning!

Morning all!

So far back on track this morning. I'm ready to get this sugar back out of my system, so I'm ready to get back to basics!

Deb--I'm like you, if I make it three days then I'm usually good to go for a while. For some reason three days and three weeks are big milestones for me. Sorry you weren't feeling well this weekend.

Jenn--Depression and weight can get you into a really evil cycle. Kind of like the chicken and egg--hard to tell which came first, but they are definately related! Tell your Dr. that you are trying to lose weight and see if he/she can steer you clear of some of the anit-depressants that cause weight gain.

Sabrina--It sounds like you had a great birthday! Come on--together we'll hop right back on the wagon.

Jackie--The derby is an evil evil day for SB!!!!! I'll be thinking about you this week---your big week! You can be good from now until the festivities begin and then we'll be right here for you when they are over.

Monet--Yes, it's been a big weekend all around. I will probably go up to the hospital this afternoon and sit with the new mom so that the new dad can get some sleep. I don't think he's had any since Friday night. I don't think it will be much better when mom and baby come home so he better get some Z's now! Let's both work on getting back on track this week!

Time to get to work.

Have a great OP day everyone!

Susan
Old 05-05-2003, 12:08 PM   #13  
Enjoying a new beginning

Good morning to all....

I think many of us need a fresh new beginning. Shall we renew our vows to treat our bodies as the precious vessels that they are? I too need a fresh new start and today looks like the best time to do it Hugs to all that need a fresh start..On your mark! Get set and Go!!

I'm off to see my Doc. but do have one point about antidepressants.

Jenn.. I take Elavil on a regular basis. I use it to releve migraines and it has worked so well for me. I had tried so many medications with very little success. The Elavil ( amitriptyline ) has improved so many aspects of my life including weight loss. My appetite is supressed and my actual taste sensation has decreased. So it has been a great advantage in relearning how to eat in a healthy manner. Of course the SB program is the other great tool for me... please don't be afraid of antidepressants. They can be a wonder drug if taken for the right reasons.

Ok this week I am joining you on the weigh-in I need to be honest and it's time to face the scale Stay strong ladies and lets have a great week...
Old 05-05-2003, 12:37 PM   #14  

Hi,

How is it that the weight seems to just quickly appear in major quanities and go off an ounce at a
time with lots of hard, very hard work? I stayed on program all weekend and did the journaling
and it comes out that I am down one pound. I eat one extra legal carb and it flies on. Okay, I am
still going to continue on program but I just had to whine a little about the injustice of it all.

Tranquil: Sooo happy to hear that you had such a terrific birthday weekend.

Teensybean: I use SGWW flour all the time to thicken sauces and gravies. The only problem you
will see are tiny little brownish dots from the WW flour.

BOB: We are hoping to leave for NC around May 17th. It would be nice to be able to wait one more
week to give us more time to get ready but that is the Memorial weekend and then everyone seems to be
on the move for vacation after school is out. I am still having a lot of trouble being in a car since the
accident, so, we are trying to minimizing the traffic through major cities by traveling on the weekend.

Zanne: Ooh, gardening sounds like lot of fun. Although I will not be able to do as much this summer, I
am still going to get some veggies planted when we get to NC. I will need to get some fast growing
plants like zucchini, onions and Swiss Chard since we will be arriving later that usual.

Deb: You are amazing to get out and do your walk/run in that time. I think I can only do 2 miles
in about 40 milutes and I looked outside and it felt like a sauna at 80 degrees and I came back into
the cool house. Maybe I will try to do the recumbant bike later. I copied this over from this
weekend because I wanted to know if you could give out the recipe for the Swiss Chard. (Now,
there are lots of people on this board who have been to the grocery store with you and we
loved it! I understand what you are saying though with your family. Ray would just love it if you
brought
him some sauce from Shorty’s. I wish we could do a trade with Swiss Chard. He also is still
bragging on
the huge avocados you grow. I found some of the Cheddar Triscuits but they sure have a long list
of
ingredients. I venture to say that they are not as good for one as the low fat Triscuits. I would
love your
recipe for the soup using Swiss chard.)

I am off to do my arm exercises.
Old 05-05-2003, 01:26 PM   #15  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good afternoon!

I love being able to come here and read how everyone is doing. It's a joy to share in this journey with ya'll. My food scales finally got here....you should see me looking for things to weigh..LOL My tangerine was 5.3 ounces. So this week I am gonna try to get in the habit of weighing some of my foods.

Deb...WTG on the run. That is a great time.

Happy B-day Tranquil!!!!!!!

Yellow....2 miles in 40 minutes is great also.

Jack-K....those pounds will be off in no time.

Grin + Shareit....(((hugzz)))

Susan...your three days will be up before you know and you'll be back on track.

Zane....chips are my weakness also. To be honest the way I get around that is I do allow myself 4. It may not be officially OP but I made it part of my plan. It has been since the beginning. When I tried taking them away totally I found myself binging on them.

Monet...new week..fresh start. *smile*

I'm sorry this is short and I'm missing half of ya'll....company is over and I don't want to be too rude.

Love,
Crystle
Closed Thread