Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: How much time do you spend in front of the TV or the computer on a typical day?
Less than an hour 1 3.70%
1 to 2 hours 3 11.11%
2 to 4 hours 7 25.93%
4 to 6 hours 6 22.22%
6 to 8 hours 1 3.70%
8 to 10 hours 4 14.81%
10 to 12 hours 0 0%
12 to 14 hours 2 7.41%
14 to 16 0 0%
16 or more hours 0 0%
Haven't a clue 3 11.11%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2003, 01:38 AM   #31  
sef

HiedieHo All!

Just wanted to say I'm still here. Had some dental work done last week and needed stitches. Wasn't feeling the best. With all my going and coming I wasn't on computer much. I am doing fine and the scale is down 2#. Been in the pool, which I love doing!

Know I'm a little late but here's my MM:

Be careful what you ask for, you just might get it:

Your words, your dreams, and your thoughts have power to create conditions in your life.

What you speak about, you can bring about. If you keep saying you can't stand your job, you might lose your job.

If you keep saying you can't stand your body,
your body can become sick.

If you keep saying you can't stand your car,
your car could be stolen or just stop operating.

If you keep saying you're always broke, guess what?
You'll always be broke.

If you keep saying you can't trust a man or trust a
woman, you will always find someone in your life to
hurt and betray you.

If you keep saying you can't find a job,
you will remain unemployed.

If you keep saying you can't find someone to love you
or believe in you, your very thoughts will attract
more experiences to confirm your beliefs.

Turn your thoughts and conversations around to be
more positive and power packed with faith, hope, love
and action.

Don't be afraid to believe that you can have what you
want and deserve.

Watch your "Thoughts," they become words.
Watch your "Words," they become actions.
Watch your "Actions," they become habits.
Watch your "Habits," they become character.
Watch your "Character," for it becomes your "Destiny."

GET OUT OF YOUR OWN WAY!

Author Unknown

Take care, Shirley
Old 05-06-2003, 02:03 AM   #32  

Hi everyone,

Todays eating went really well. I'm hoping that there will be a loss this WIW.

Deb: I'm glad to hear that you Dad got to come home. Hope that the swelling in his legs go down soon. I have not called the nutritionist yet. I just added more protein on my own because I did not feel like I was having enough. I do plan on calling her though.

Bob: The picture of the little baby outfit was so cute. If I had the money I would probably spend most of it on my grandchildren. I just love to buy them things. Kids clothes are so sweet now too.

Mary: Sorry to hear that you are sick with sinus infection and ear problems. That is definitely no fun. Hope you are well soon.

Beth: Your accident sounds horrible. I'm glad that it was someone nice that came along to help you. I hope that they will catch him/her.

Heartmom: I love going to Outback. It has been over a year since I have gone. We don't have one here where I live now. That might be a good thing

Kim: I have tried the ground turkey too. I hate the smell and taste. I really hate handling it when it's raw. I only buy it occasionally now and then only fresh from the butcher. I usually use ground sirloin. I think the fat content is just about as good or better than the turkey.

Country: It sounds like you are having fun weighing everything. I have a food scale on my list of things to buy, but haven't gotten around to it yet. It'll probably be a realy eye opener when I do.

Jecrites: Glad that you didn't have any of those tornados I heard about on the news. They can be so devastating. Sounds like the new house is great and that you'll have lots of room.

Monet: When reading your post about eating the potato chips the other day, I started thinking about how good they would taste. I had to go and have an apple. My favorite chip is Krunchers Jalepeno. I won't even think about that now. I have felt like eating anything and everything the past few days. But I haven't done too badly.

Tranquil: Happy Belated Birthday!!!!

Fillise: It sounds like you had a really good derby day. I hope that you didn't have much trouble getting back on track. Those mint juleps sound good.

Jack-k: Just a few more days and you can relax and enjoy all those festivities. I know that it'll all go just great. Have a wonderful time.

Rosalie: glad you had a pretty good day today.

Tomorrow I'm going to try to make either some ww pitas or ww wraps. Not sure which. I am dying to make pizza and can't find any ww pitas except with HONEY in them. So I bought some ww flour and yeast and will give it a go. Wish me luck.

Sheanne
287/266.5/150
Old 05-06-2003, 08:11 AM   #33  

I just got into work after being out sick yesterday and had the chance to read all of your replies to my post this weekend.
I mentioned my password but you need not worry. I would never give my password if it was to anything important. I was talking about what I use for different web sites and loggins. I am in the computer business and know how important passwords are. And also that if anyone REALLY wanted to get access to your information they can get it anytime.
Now if anyone who looks on this web site is really interested in what I have to say on this board or Weight Watchers or HGTV then they are entirely welcome to amuse themselves.

I will post more later after I catch up on work.
Old 05-06-2003, 08:33 AM   #34  

GRIN....if you were closer...I would GIVE you my treadmill!

BOB
Old 05-06-2003, 09:13 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Tuesay morning.

Hope everyone is having a great OP week so far.

Got my hair colored and highlighted last nite. The girl used my DD's color on me and mine on her. They still turned out ok. It was not our ususal girl. Mine is more brown then red. I had been using a more red tint. But it is hair and it will grow and get cut, so I don't worry about it. DD likes it better brown then red anyway.

Have a lot to do here today since I will be off the rest of the week.
I will try to check in if I have a minute. Especially will try to post my WIW. Though I'm not looking forward to it. No exercise for me this week. Will start back next week though.

Tomorrow will be getting my pedicure with parafin dip. Can't wait for that. My feet are atrosius (sp), just gross. They are hurting so bad from the RA, that a little TLC will feel good.

Melf, hoping your ear infection heals quickly. Slow down some.

Country, I got a kick out of you weighing everything. But it's good to know how much you are eating. I need to get one of those. I can't find my old WW scale.

Bob, I hate that you are still in so much pain. How about a cortosione (sp) shot? Surely there is something they can do for you.

Kim, I was just going to put out an APB on you. Don't worry about those "X" days. There will be some. Most importantly is getting right back on track. If we only had a "X" day here and there all our life we wouldn't be in this shape would we. Secret is getting back OP right away. WTG on the 40 minutes on the TM.

Monet, Good for you fighting off those temptations. Each day will get easier. Trust me. Unfortunately the menu is not SB legal. meatballs, chicken tenders, hame, turkey & roast beef sandwiches, chicken livers in bacon, pasta salad, veggies and cheese. Guess I can eat the veggies and cheese. I'm not too worried, I don't think there will be much time for eating.

Jecrites, So glad you are pleased with the house. I can't imagine sharing a bathroom with that many females. Take one for yourself and make the others share it. Next time you go to PH, get their chicken wings.

Rosalie, an extra game of badminton will take care of that piece of cake.

Sef, Congrats on the 2 lb. loss. Hope your mouth is feeling better.

Sheanne, WTG on your eating. Keeping my for your tomorrow. I pitas I buy have honey in them, but they are WW and below the 3 gram rule.

Deb, must have missed the post that said your dad came home. I know he is happy about that. Hope he is doing ok.

Hope to be back later.

Jackie
Old 05-06-2003, 09:17 AM   #36  

Good Morning everyone! Don't faint cause I'm posting 2 days in a row!

Lyn called me Sunday evening & it made me realize how much I miss everyone here. Thanks Lyn! I sooooo appreciated the call & hearing your cheerful voice!

It's a cloudy day here in SW LA. Got up early with dh & made him coffee before he went off to work. I'm sitting here soooo sleepy that I'm tempted to go back to bed for a nap, but I'm afraid that I'll feel worse if I do.

So sad about all the devastation in Missouri/Tennessee from all the tornadoes. Been watching the news this morning & really feel for all those that have lost homes, businesses & family.

Have started my day off OP. Yesterday was pretty much OP also, but I have not gotten on the scale for the past 2 days which is very unusual for me. I'm usually on it EVERY morning. But I feel swollen, so I probably won't venture that way today either.

Later!
Old 05-06-2003, 09:27 AM   #37  

Morning! Another overcast rainy day in Hotlanta. They are predicting flooding if this keeps up. I believe it. The rain was so heavy yesterday that the roof started leaking. Now poor Tom has to figure out how to fix the leak, as well as replace the deck and garage doors. Poor baby.

I was good yesterday, and actually made it through the day with out eating anything off plan. I was pretty happy. Today, I already stopped myself from one cheat, and it was not too hard. I was encouraged that I caught myself before it was too late. I figure if I can make it through today, I should be back on track.

I had to go pick up my son and give him a ride to work. His roommate, who starts work at 4am, forgot to wake him up and give him a ride over here. Its about 20 minutes away, and the traffic is awful in the morning. He was a little early for work, but did not seem to mind. Yesterday was his first day, and he really liked it. He actually seems to have some competitive goals about moving ahead there. I was very pleased to hear that, since he tends to be laid back to a fault!

I need to go get my treadmill time in, so I better wrap this up!

BOB: You don't like your treadmill? Have you tried reading while walking? Or watching movies? Reading is what keeps me on mine....otherwise it can be boring.

JANE: Glad you are pw savvy. What do you do with computers? My husband is a Java developer. My son is a network admin and helpdesk technician. I love computers, and can do most anything I put my mind to on it, but how it works is way over my head!

SHEANNE: Ohh! I like the Krunchers brand too. The Jalapeno ones are a bit hot for me at times. My mom loved chips too, so I guess I inherited it from her. Do you suppose you can inherit tastes? That is the one thing I miss most on SB. I have tried the sweet potato chips and they are not bad, if you are dying for a chip. Terra makes a jalapeno one you might like if you can find them.

SEF: I hope your mouth is healing fast! I hate having any kind of mouth pain. It does help with the weight loss though, if you don't feel like eating anything! Thanks for the MM. I am going to copy it and send it to my son. He gets depressed and down on himself a lot, and I think it is an attitude problem. I am hoping his new job will help lift his attitude and spirits. Is your pool really cold? Mine is! And after all the rain, I am sure it is even worse! Can't wait for it to warm up a bit!

ROSALIE: You sure do stay on the go! How are your roses doing? Any signs of life yet? My monster is doing great, and all the buds are opening fast! As soon as the rain stops enough to get a picture, I am going to go take one and post it for you to see. Its such a monster! I can't believe how big it has gotten in just three years!

JECRITES: Great about the house! Four bedrooms and two baths is nice! This house we have has three baths, which was very nice when I had three teens living at home all trying to get ready to catch the bus in the morning for school, plus a husband who left at the same time, and wanted to shower too! Now it is just three of us left and it seems so big! I am sorry you are sick. Perhaps taking some vitamin C would help you?! Moms tend to be stressed, and stress weakens your immune system. Hope you can get enough rest!

MONET: Boy are you lazy! You really should not spend all day reading. Get up and DO something! You are always whining about something too. Suck it up!

QUILT: I am on my way over to check out the exercise board and see how many minutes I need to do this morning to keep up with you! Hope you are doing well, and not putting anymore big X's in your book.

DEB: Hope you are doing well. I think of you when I pull out my Shelton pot pie. Have you noticed that the quality of the pies is rather erratic? Some times they are really good, and others, the crust is not all the way across the bottom, or the meat is skimpy, and there are no carrots or peas in it. They are always good, just sometimes they are much better than others. Have you noticed that?

Ok...time to get off here and get on the Treadmill! Its looking lonely! Got to find a book to read while I walk!

Old 05-06-2003, 09:30 AM   #38  

MELF: You were posting while I was. It is so nice to see you two days in a row. Make it three, ok? I too really feel from those who went through those tornadoes. We had one here a few years ago, and it was awful! The cleanup took months and months, and there is a kind of grieving numbness you go through. Those people need our prayers.

JACKK: You were also posting at the same time as me. Boy are you getting the pampering for the wedding! Enjoy it! I agree, you won't have much time to eat. You will be madam hostess and will have to talk to everyone. I did eat a bit at my daughter's wedding, but then, hers was only 150, and mostly our friends, so it was easy. (he had very few relatives, and his parents are divorced and did not invite many friends...oh well! We did not even give them a limit for the reception...) Eat veggies, and cheese... you don't want to be hungry! You need the energy to enjoy yourself! You are going to deserve it!

Last edited by Ellen; 05-06-2003 at 09:34 AM.
Old 05-06-2003, 10:10 AM   #39  

Good Morning All

We had thunder and lightning during the night and it was raining when I woke up this morning but it is drying up now. I'm off to a good start, got some of my menu for to-day in to Fitday. I am finding it easier to plan my menu for the day and enter it before I eat. That way I can see what my totals will be and decide if I need to cut down on an item or need to add something. I've just been doing this for the last few days and it is working well so far. I was down 2 pounds this morning from last week. I know I should wait for WIW but Wednesday is often my worst day for weighing so thought I would mention it to-day. .

Sef - Hope your mouth is healing well and you are free of pain. That's a great MM.

BOB - Love your new avatar. But please don't tell me that is really you.

Jack-K - I like your attitude about your hair. Pedicure sounds good. We need to take care of our tootsies.

Melf - Good to see you posting again.

Monet - Most of my roses are beginning to come up although I think one of them has died. That was one I put in last year that didn't do too well. Maybe it didn't get enough sun as it is next to my rambler. The others are just a few inches out of the ground but I think they will make it.

Have to get out to the stores for a few things. My dinner is cooking in the crockpot. It is a beef roast which I had seasoned last night and had sitting in a plastic bag all night. I made this once before and cooked it in the oven and it was delicious. As I won't be home in time to put it in the oven thought I would try the crockpot instead. Have my line-dancing class this afternoon.

Bye for now. Have a good day SB day everyone.

Marie.
Old 05-06-2003, 10:42 AM   #40  
Goddess

Thumbs down Good Tuesday Morning

Morning all!

The sky is very dark here this morning. They are calling for strong storms today--as they did yesterday. They stayed to the north of us though. Don't know about today. I guess Monet got them and Beth up in Huntsville. We sure don't need anymore rain for a while.

Jackie--I'll be thinking about you this week. I hope you are able to relax and enjoy the wedding. I think it is a good idea you are pampering yourself--I LOVE pedicures and parafin dips. We will anxiously be awaiting a detailed description of all the fesitivites when you get a chance!

Monet--We missed the rain yesterday--don't know about today though. Good for you for staying OP! Next week I have to be in Montgomery a lot, but the next week, I'm sort of eying for a trip to Atlanta--what's your schedule like?

Marie--Mmmm, I want to come to your house for dinner tonight! I have to cook something for a friend coming over and I have no idea what. Tomorrow night I'm cooking for my friend that just had the baby--I Know what I'm making them (hot chicken salad), but no idea for tonight.

Melf--good to hear from you!

Sheanne--Mint Juleps ARE good! Fortunatley I have no desire for them whatsoever other than on Derby Day--so I can do it once a year. I have to admit this year they tasted awfully sweet--so I know I'm sensitive to sweet again--which is a good thing!

Jenn--I hope you find the right anti-depressent.

Crystle--Good to hear from you! I wish I had room in my tiny little house for a treadmill, but there is no spare space at all. I could buy a really expensive one and it would still be cheaper over a year than my HC membership!

Deb--Glad you hear that your DD is out of the hospital! I hope he continues to get better.

BOB--Good grief, girl! I'm thinking cortisone shot too! it sounds like it is time for drastic measures!

Time to get to work--I'm pitching a potential new client this week and I have to make sure everything goes well.

Have a great OP day everyone!

Susan
Old 05-06-2003, 11:18 AM   #41  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Good Tuesday Morning All

Just got in from my walk, which is all I could muster up today. My legs just didn't feel like going but my brain won and out we went. It took me 10 minutes more than yesterday, an hour and 2 minutes, but heck, it's better than nothing!
Got a late start as well which didn't help matters-it's so flippin hot!!!!

Eating continues to be good but I do think, no, I do know, I had more protein than I should of yesterday. Not the worst thing in the world. Here's what I ate:

6oz blackberries
chicken pot pie
1oz 75% rf cheese
5 oz lf cottage cheese
5.5 oz Asian pear
1oz soynuts
1oz Fiber One
1/3c sf soymilk
3/4c canned green beans
1oz lf cheese
1lc ww tortilla
up until this point I had:

955 calories 32 1/2 grams fat - 115 grams carbs - 86 1/2 protein - 46 1/2 grams fiber and 58% calcium

I then had approx 3 ounces chicken breast, .3 ounces ww bread crumbs (about 3Tbl) 6 grams parm cheese (about 1Tbl) and a 1/2 ounce of cheddar cheese. I didn't figure this all out as I ate the chicken before weighing it, but did weigh the other stuff, so I figured out about 1300 calories total for the day, not too bad!! My fat grams seem to be right on target, almost 40% carbs and a bit below 40% on the protein, higher than I'd like. BUT, a whopping 47 grams of fiber - heck, that should clean me out

Okay, time to get in some replies before I have to leave...

TRANQUIL, glad to hear you had a good birthday! You deserve it! How many people ended up going? Well, the party will just have to be taken up again when you get down here. You got up on the bar? I hope someone took a picture! Did you do a table top dance while you were up there??? Geez, just 2 more weeks from tomorrow and the house isn't clean yet!

JENN, just my side-chair opinion, but if you are depressed about your weight, I sure wouldn't be taking any kind of pills for it. It just masks things. If this is the reason you are depressed, you are doing something about it, you are putting your best foot (and food) forward and taking a positive role and a forward action in fixing this problem. I can tell you from personal experience that if you stay 100% OP and get the sugars totally out of your system you will feel like a different person. You can do this with a clear head, but again, this is just my opinion.

ZANNE, though I wish you were alone in the bad eating dept. last week, you weren't Good for you for getting back on track and back with your exercise. I can't agree with you more, when I don't exercise I get stiff and it's harder to get going when I start up again. Gosh, I'd love to garage sale up there, can you imagine, my USD goes even further up in Canada!!! Your FIL got some great stuff -amazing what people sell, isn't it!

FILLISE, 3 days and 3 weeks, I agree, but wonder why on the 3 weeks! Now we have to find out how to master 3 months. I really have to find a way for me to allow myself a planned cheat and then be able to get right back on, that's my problem, getting right back on track.

GRIN, glad to hear your Dr. visit went well. I have to agree with the others about getting a used treadmill, possibly at a garage sale. So many people buy them and then end up using them as clothes racks. I see tons of them at garage sales. I would do a little investigating on different brands on the web and then pick a couple and try to find the best deals you can on them locally. I had one and couldn't wait to get rid of it, gave it to my Dad and he still uses it, 18 years later!

ROSE, CONGRATS on getting down a pound! Good to see the journaling seems to be helping! Sorry, I must of missed that post of yours from the other day. I will send you the recipe for the SC soup if you give me a couple days, along with a reminder if I don't I don't know about the cheddar triscuits, I'm sure you'd be able to find something better!

COUNTRY, now many scales did you buy? You're going to be a weighing fool! You need to play guessing games now, take a portion of a food that you think would be a serving, or that you'd eat and count as a serving and then weight it and see how close you are. Do it with some nuts and see what you find. Before long you'll get to have a good idea and a good eye to what a serving really is. Many times I'm right on the money with a wedge of cheese, among other foods.
Two doritos?? Doesn't even seem to be well worth it.

HEART, today's another day. We all have those weekend slip-ups. You'll get back on track and those couple pounds will be off of you again.

JEC, glad to hear you weren't effected by the tornados. I hear there's more bad weather today in that area. I have a friend who lives in Branson and she said there were tornados 35 miles from her and 1 mile from one of her sons. Sorry, can't take you up on the dog, kids would love one, but I'm a mean Mom!

TEENSY, hope you are breathing better today. The new place sounds great, I hope it's what you were hoping for or better. Sure doesn't hurt to have an extra bedroom! Thanks for the info on the oatmeal cookies. I want to make some but I know better, esp. now, I just know one bite, well, there isn't just one bite or even one cookie for me, probably not even 1 dozen, more like 1 batch! I just can't stop when I start -something I have to find a solution for. When it comes to baked stuff there just seems to be no moderation for me

BETH, OMG! Thanks goodness you weren't hurt! I hope they catch the idiot. Obvisouly, he must have some major damage to his car as well. He probably doesn't even remember, being so drunk. I hope someone turns his *** in! I hope you are okay! I think you should try and get a lawyer if they find this guy and sue the crap out of him! Let us know what happens!

JACKK, how'd the hair come out? What did you do to it? Anything exciting and different? Girl, when you find the answer to that secret, would you share it with me and not keep it a secret? I too need to find the answer on how to get right back on plan, but so far, it seems that those who know the answer sure as heck aren't sharing it with me! So, are you getting more excited, or more nervous? How about the bride and groom? Can't believe I'll be seeing a picture of you all gussied up really soon!!! Oops, just read about your hair coloring experience. Doesn't sound like you're too upset about the mix up-thank goodness. Sounds like you'll be pampered tomorrow, I've never done a parafin dip before, what do you see a difference in afterwards?

MELF, thanks for checking in, though sorry to hear you aren't feeling up to par. Try to take it easy!!!! Let us know how you're doing.

BOB, you give me the date and I'll be ready for you! Hey, if you need some 222's I can send you some, let me know, we have a few bottles in the house! I can tell you, that knocks the pain right out of me - love them!

QUILTER, was happy to talk to you the other day as well Yes, TONI is in MO as well, but she hadn't been on the board in so long that I deleted her e-mail and BIO so unable to even send an e-mail to see if she's okay. Living in the country where she does makes me wonder. Geez, do you really have to rub it in about your nice weather as I die of the heat down here

MONET, isn't it too bad that we don't deserve a whole carton of something like Egg beaters instead of ice cream? What did you think about the EB's? Yes, I do have to agree about the pies, I actually pulled out one to eat today and it had a lot of loose flour on top of it which I scraped off. But still, gotta love them!

ROSALIE, you go girl!!! I'm so happy to hear you've lost 2lbs. I think if we make a planned cheat it shouldn't count as long as we get right back on track-what do you think? I usually do get enough calcium but not lately. Maybe I should look into a calcium pill.

SEF, owie! Sounds like you had a bad time with your mouth last week. Hope you are better! Thanks for posting that MM, it was a good one!

SHEANNE, will be waiting for your food critique report on whatever you make! I really would suggest you just p/u the phone and call the nutritionist, you paid for her services and you shouldn't wait to find out the info.

Just got off the phone with me Mom, going to pick her up, run around for a few hours and then take her to get her old car from my sisters house. Gotta run and get in the shower. Sorry if I missed anyone, don't think I did, but if I did!!!

{{{HUGS}}}}

Debbie
Old 05-06-2003, 11:20 AM   #42  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

REMINDER TONIGHT IS CHAT AT 9:15PM EST!

Hope to see you all there!
Old 05-06-2003, 11:28 AM   #43  
Wannabe skinny babe

Hi everyone,

Had an interesting visit with the Doc last night. He put me on Wellbutrin, to see if we can even things out a bit. Of course, it will be a couple of weeks before it takes effect. Dan (DH) says that it won't cause weight gain, either.

Off to a good OP day today, and I'm hoping to get my paper done before chat tonite. That's my goal, anyway!

Sef - congrats on the 2# loss and glad you're doing better.

Sheanne - good luck with the self-made pizza dough. Let us know how it turns out!

Jane - hope you're feeling better today.

Jack-K - what's a parafin dip? I've never had a manicure/pedicure. Sounds interesting.

Melf - glad to see you posting again.

Monet - how long ago did you treadmill-shop? I'm starting to look too, and have no clue as to what to get.

Rosalie - Congrats on the 2 lbs.

Fillise - hope the worst of it passes you. It's just terrible the storms and destruction these last few days.

Hope I didn't forget anyone... bonk me on the head with a clue bat if I did!

Jenn
Old 05-06-2003, 11:31 AM   #44  
Wannabe skinny babe

Deb - you posted as I was writing. After your sizzling run the other day, it's no wonder you needed to walk today. Whew!

If my weight was the only reason I am depressed, I know that as I lose it wouldn't be as much of a problem. Unfortunately, there's more involved (miscarraige, etc) and when I get really down I throw all my good intentions, such as staying OP, out the window. Not good! Hopefully if we can even out the lows a bit, I'll stay happily OP and do my homework, etc.

ttfn,

Jenn
Old 05-06-2003, 11:45 AM   #45  

Hi everyone
i'm new to this forum and to SB's. After reading all the posts I feel really motivated to continue on SB. I've been on this diet for 2 weeks and have lost 4 lbs.

But I feel alone doing it. This forum is great. I need to loose about 50 lbs so I'm in this for the long haul.

Thanks
ladypmd
Closed Thread