Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: Do you like the polls?
Yes, it lets me know more about people on this board 8 50.00%
No, it's a waste of time 2 12.50%
Depends on the question 6 37.50%
No opinion 0 0%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-05-2004, 06:22 AM   #1  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Default Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 4/5-4/11

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-TASTY THURSDAY (RECIPE DAY)
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...550#post555550

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

Debelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 06:22 AM   #2  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

GOOD MONDAY MORNING EVERYONE!

Will post my usual morning post sometime later, but wanted to make sure I got our
MOTIVATIONAL MONDAY
done early in the morning, so here's my contribution for MM, there's 3 of them to read today-all very good

DECISIVE

A decision is nothing more than a wish until you act on it. The more quickly you act on the decisions you make, the more powerful and effective those decisions will be.
Every moment you wait before taking action makes that action less and less likely. The moment you decide is the moment to start putting real substance behind your decision.

Give power to your choices by giving them your efforts. Even if the first step is small, take it right away. For your actions will create momentum. Once momentum is on your side, you greatly increase your success rate.

Being truly decisive means more than just making decisions. It means making a commitment to see them through. That takes action. And the sooner it starts, the more power it has.

-- Ralph Marston

POSITIVE OUTLOOK

The best time to put yourself in a positive frame of mind is when you don't feel like it. That's when it can make the biggest difference. But how do you do that? How do you get yourself up when circumstances have you down?

You simply decide that you're going to do what's best for you. And what's best for you is to move positively, confidently forward.

No, you may not feel like it at the moment, when things are not going your way. But ask yourself a simple question. Would you like to make things better or would you prefer to make things worse? If circumstances are not to your liking, why would you want to prolong them for even a single moment more?

The more negative you feel, the more reason you have to quickly get yourself into a positive frame of mind. It will truly and reliably work wonders.

-- Ralph Marston

BACK ON TRACK

The best way to deal with the pain of disappointment is to get quickly back on the path to success. There's no need to prolong the hurt of being knocked down by choosing to stay down. Instead, choose to get back up. Take the difficult lesson you've learned and make something valuable out of it.

Failure is not the result of setbacks. Failure is the result of letting the setbacks stop you. Often those setbacks turn out not to be setbacks at all. For they can serve to point you in a more positive, productive, effective direction.

When you're knocked off track, see it as an opportunity. See it as a chance to jump to an even faster, more successful track.

When you're knocked down, it's not nearly as difficult as it may seem to get quickly back up. And it is, without question, your very best choice.

-- Ralph Marston

Have a wonderful day, and a fabulous week!!!!!

Debbie
194/1??/129
SB since 3/22/00
Debelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 07:36 AM   #3  

Default Good Monday,

Hope that evryone is doing well today.
Menu for today:
b-egg, bacon cheese on sourdough toast(one slice)
snack and lunch - orange, sf applesauce, carb control yogurt, sf jello
d - ww pasta and homemade tomato sauce with meatballs

will also hit the gym after work

The weekend was semi-quiet. Saturday picked up some of the stuff laying around the house, managed to get one load of laundry done. Had a Pampered Chef party, and went out for dinner later. Re-did the financial aid forms for college for the kids..... Sunday I walked 4 miles on the TM, managed to almost finish the remainder of the laundry, caught up on my tv watching, went bowling for a little while, had dinner out, put laundry away and watched part of The Ten Commandments on tv. Don't I just have the most excititng life??
Off to be productive...

Barbara
270/214.5/135
woodfrogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 08:39 AM   #4  

Goodmorning everyone!!! I hope everyone was OP this weekend!! I was but it wasnt easy. Im at the frame of mind, the scale isnt moving anyway so whats one cheat? Im hanging in there, fighting those voices in my head...lol

Im eating now and then have to do my exercises then im headed out to wal-mart! bye!!
vmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 10:07 AM   #5  
Goddess

Morning all! It is a gorgeous day here in east central Alabama, though it is a bit cool. I've got my legs all tanned up (double dose of the self-tanner) and ready for shorts. Some how all that fat just looks better if it is brown!

I wasn't on the board at all last week and it is because I was dealing with a very difficult personal issue. It's not a health problem--I'm fine and everyone in my family is fine. I can't even really explain what this issue is, but it rocked my world. One of those things where you have to question everything you know to be true about the world. Needless to say, my eating stunk--still stinks (brutal honesty here--cookies for breakfast this morning). Anyway--that's why I deserted you for the week.

I'll try to be better this week. I'm flying out on Friday to visit my family for Easter so the weekend will likely be pretty sparse, but I'll try to be here till then.

Susan
Fillise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 10:41 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Monday Morning,

Weekend was fun. We went to the horse track on Sat I won about $55.00 that was great except the couple we were with won $800 and $700. We had fun anyway. Poor DH never won at all. Yesterday we ran errands, took a walk, and visited with DD and some friends. Nothing exciting.

Today back to the grind. I am trying to stay OP for the next 2 weeks until my treatment. I need to get back in shape. My jeans are so tight I can't breathe.

At a party we wewnt to, she had strawberries sliced with a strawberry yogur dip. It was really good. I was going to do that for bf today, but the yogurt I had at work was peach and expired. So I had strawberries and 5 prunes (still have the problem)

Lunch is a spinach and strawberry salad and an apple. Guess I will get my fruit in today for sure.

Wood, your life may not be exciting, but it sure sounds busy. WTG getting the TM in.

VMoore, Hey you had a great OP weekend, don't let those voices ruin it now. You can do it.!

Missy, we all make up our minds when.... For you it's when you get preg. I'm sure you will do everything great for that baby so it will happen when it happens. Still praying for you.

DonnaD, sometimes the second go around is not as easy as the first. Hang in there and don't get off your meds if Dr says no.

Tranquil, your trip sounds so wonderful and beautiful. WoW and you even lost 5 lbs. how great.

Cherylco, glad to see you back. 2 more pounds is great. Jurnior proms are so mystical. Your DD looks so pretty. Did she have 2 dates?

Bob, sounds like another movie marathon. It's getting too pretty to stay inside and watch movies. How's that new nephew?

Susan, don't you wish we could find some other way to channel our anger, sorrows, emotions? I don't know why we resort to food. Hope all is well again with you. Coming here helps.

Have a great OP day!

Jackie
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 11:21 AM   #7  

JACK: Maybe you ought to try a box of Russell Stover sugar free chocolates? I am sure they taste WAY better than prunes!
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 12:44 PM   #8  
Little Engine That Could

Here's my MM for today.
"The chief cause of failure and unhappiness is trading what we want most for what we want in the present moment."
The reason I chose this MM, which I have posted 2X before, is that I am reminded by some of our posts, both this week and last, that we all want so very much to lose some weight and reach goal, but that on our journey downward, weighwise, we sometimes encounter junk and stress that life throws at us. It is at those times that it seems we switch "what we want most" and our goal is then to relieve the stress or handle the negative emotions we are feeling because of an untoward event. For us, we handle this by eating, thereby sabotaging our goal of losing weight. I think that when we truly reflect on it, eating to relieve pain really doesn't relieve the pain the way we want. And this problem includes me, foremost! So, for me, and any of us that "switch goals", maybe we need to spend some time thinking about how we will handle stress in the future, in a way that will not sabotage other goals we have. For me, this might be extra walking, or calling a good friend on the telephone, or cleaning out a closet, or working on a hobby, or posting on the board for some immediate help. Just throwing out some food for thought, (this food doesn't have any calories!). Just thinking about this has already helped me, because I know that I have some stresses coming up, and I need to be prepared.

Gotta go, will post more later.
GatorGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 01:22 PM   #9  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good morning!...agh afternoon..LOL

Wow..where did the time go this morning. I totally missed ya'll last week. We were on vacation so I took a vacation from thinking about food all the time which included the board. I was truly debating on not coming back but I missed each of ya'll so much. My weight is back up to 159. No suprise there. Two week of not working out enough and eating....well everything...*smile* The good news is my pants actually still fit...hehehe

Oh I've got to share...my baby is engaged! They won't get married till she is 18. She is young but I am still very happy for her. He is a great young man. She is not only my daughter but one of my best friends. It's hard to imagine her being gone soon. She graduates in June and is off to college after that.

Susan...glad you were able to sort out what ever was pressing in on you. Praying your eating will get back on track. Woo hoo on the tan legs. I'm so pale I glow in the dark. Except my arms and face. We went to the lake and I burned enought to look like I'm healthy...till it peels. LOL

Jack-K...(((hugzzzz))) You'll have those pounds off before you know it. I'm so glad you have breaks between your treatments.

Thanks for the MM Gator.

vmoore....tell the voices to leave you alone. ((hugzz))

Barbara...4 miles on the treadmill is awesome. WTG.

Love and hugs,
Crystle
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 01:40 PM   #10  
Atkineer gone SugarBuster

Hi Everyone. I had a party weekend. My son and daughter celebrated, with family, their sixth and fifth birthdays, respectively. I did have a little sliver of cake but nothing outrageous and I felt ok about it. Otherwise, everything was eaten in moderation and I did A-OK!

I had a loss show up on the scale this morning! I'm down to 201.5 and I'm hoping to walk in to ONEDERLAND this week!!

I'm fasting this week in preparation for Easter (to receive Communion). No meat and no meat by-products so legumes are going to be my source of protein this week.

Otherwise, I have a busy week full of cleaning and cleaning and more cleaning!! (we're selling our house and it needs to be done before next Tuesday)

Here's my menu:

B: coffee and oatmeal (made w/ water) & strawberries
L: peanut butter and SFjelly sandwich on WW
D: a big salad w/ all kinds of veggies and garbanzo beans
snacks: fruit and fruit
water: working on a gallon
supps: taken after lunch
Mishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 01:49 PM   #11  
Little Engine That Could

OK, I'm back. I am a mentor for a HS student. I drove all the way down to the school, and she stood me up. I hate that. My time is too valuable to have someone waste it. She stood me up once before, too. I'll drop her a note.

BOB, have you missed my praises about the wonderful Gators and my jabs at the lowly Volunteers? Hope you are doing well. How's the weight doing? How's your back doing?

I've lost one pound. I've been walking everyday. I own a pedometer and I try to get in at least 10,000 steps, which is about 5 miles. I count every step, even the ones around the house. I find that I have to walk about 2.5 or 3 miles in the neighborhood to get enough steps. I now have 4 days worth of food plans worked out. It takes me at least an hour to do each one--to get in the foods I like to eat, with enough fiber and protein, but low enough calories. All the plans I have done have between 1300-1400 calories. It has been tricky to get everything in, with enough protein and fiber. On some, I had to do some serious juggling.

Today, so far:
B. 1 soft boiled egg
1 cup shredded wheat
1/2 banana
1/2 cup milk
1/2 grapefruit

L. 1 slice SGWW bread topped with
1 oz. cheddar cheese, melted
1/2 cup black beans, topped with
salsa and chopped onions
1 fresh apple

My French project is due this week. Two other students and I have to give an oral presentation on a French movie.
BOB, this should interest you. We are presenting "He Loves me, he loves me Not."
BOB, it's a really good movie, and has english subtitles. It is a romance, a psychological thriller, a mystery, and a study of What is Truth, all wrapped into one.
We have a Power Point presentation, and have to say everything in French. Not real easy when you are standing in front of a classroom.

Fillise--Hope everything gets better for you. Fall back on your Rock of support when things get "hairy."

Monet, I can't remember if I told you about the Thyrolar. I found enough to get me through the next 140 days. I had to call and go to several different drug stores to find it.

Have a good day, everyone.
GatorGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 01:54 PM   #12  

Hey everyone! I finished my errand and stuff. Now i need to get busy on this mess of a house.
Country- You thought about not coming back???? Oh no, that just wont do. We need you to much around here.
Gator- thanks for the mm, it really hit home.
Susan- I hope things are going better for you hun, hang in there.

Ill bb later. bye bye
vmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 01:57 PM   #13  

Good morning all-- The sun is shining and I am getting ready to head out doors. I am going to do some work in my flower beds. I also have onions to plant if I get that far.
The rest of the weekend was OP. Yesterday I did really well, except for skipping lunch. We went down to the neighbors with Brant to watch them buck out some bulls again. I did take my apple to snack on. Then everyone ended up coming back to our place, so missed lunch.

So here is today's menu:

1/2 grapefruit and 1 mug decafe before exercising,
B-- 2 slices turkey bacon, 1/2 c Fiber One with 2 oz FF Carb Countdown, and a Lite 85.

S--Apple

L-- Turkey Burger, salad with Walden Farms SF dressing, red pepper strips.

S-- Orange

D-- Chicken Brst, dinner salad with WF SF dressing, zucchini, 1/2 c SF pudding with 2 T Cool Whip.

Will be back later, to post some replies. Bazal is resting, and doing a tad bit better. I am going to call his Vet on Wednesday when he returns from his vacation.
Teensybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 04:55 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi again

Heading home and thought I would catch up.

Gator, I so agree. I used tohave that same MM on my keyboard cover to remind me daily. You know, I did better when I read it every day too. Need to put it back ont there. That is so rude of that girl to stand you up. What does it take to make a phone call.

Crystle, congrats to your DD. I am sure you have been such a wonderful role model that she will be a wonderful wife and someday mother too. Don't ever think that you can go away and not come back. We would come looking for you.

Mishi, I'm sure you will be under that 200 mark. That is such a good feeling too!

Monet, At this point I don't think the RS would even help. Maybe some dynamite! Even alcohol didn't help this weekend.

Have a great evening. Hope to get a good walk in tonight.

jackie
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2004, 05:43 PM   #15  

Need to amend my menu, I found a piece of leftover Lasagna in the refer......ate it instead of a turkey burger.
Teensybean is offline   Reply With Quote