Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: If you were 65yrs old & at your current weight, would you be okay being that weight?
Yes 4 28.57%
No 8 57.14%
Over 65, so I'd just like to be 65 again! 0 0%
Be happy at any weight if I get to 65! 0 0%
Really not sure 2 14.29%
Not 65, but would at 75! 0 0%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-04-2004, 06:53 PM   #1  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Default Sugar Busters Weekly Support Board 7/5-7/11

This is the
SUGAR BUSTERS WEEKLY SUPPORT BOARD
where all of you who are following this WOE, or are thinking about doing so, are welcome to come join in and be a part of our wonderful group.

Other than finding support and friendship on this board, we also try to do something during the the week to add a little difference to our board.

MONDAY-MOTIVIATIONAL MONDAY
TUESDAY-TUESDAYS TIPS & FACTS & CHAT AT 9:15PM EST
WEDNESDAY-WEIGH-IN WEDNESDAY
THURSDAY-TASTY THURSDAY (RECIPE DAY)
FRIDAY-FRIDAY FUNNIES

Please take some time to check out our extensive recipe boards. Our RECIPE BOARDS can be located at the link below:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=89

Look for our QUARTERLY RECIPE BOARDS to post your favorite recipes and to see the most recently posted recipes. Recipes from the quarterly boards will be archived in proper categories at some point.

We have SEVEN INFORMATIVE BOARDS!!!! Please take a few minutes to visit them! New information is continually being posted, so please make sure you visit them often!!! The boards are listed below as well as the link that will take you to the boards:

THE RECOMMENDED READING BOARD
THE TOOLS & TIPS BOARD
THE FOOD INFORMATION BOARD
MOTIVATIONAL & INSPIRING THOUGHTS BOARD
MY FAVORITE SB LEGAL FOODS
SB 2002 BIO BOARD
SB 2001/2002 PHOTO ALBUM BOARD

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=87

We also have a SB WEEKLY EXERCISE BOARD that you can log your daily/weekly exercises on which is located on our weekly support board:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...702#post618702

Then there's our latest addition to the SB BOARDS which is called OFF THE EATEN PATH This board is for everything NOT related to SB. You can use this board to post questions or comments on just about anything (okay, within reason). A book you recommend, a cleaning tip, a great website deal, etc. etc. Here's the link:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/foru...php?forumid=90

NEWBIES! (aka new members) If you would like to REPLY to any of our threads, please hit POST REPLY not NEW THREAD, then type your message in and hit SUBMIT REPLY. If you need to edit your reply, just click on edit located in the body of your post and make changes as you need to, then hit SUBMIT NOW.

WELCOME!

Debelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2004, 07:06 PM   #2  

POSITIVE HABITS

To bring your thoughts to life, put them into words. To bring your words to life, put them into action. To bring your actions to life, make them into habits. What you make into a habit becomes a part of who you are.
Imagine having hundreds of people taking action on your behalf. Over time, the habits you develop can create that kind of leverage.

Habits give powerful focus to your actions by repeating them over and over again. So it pays to give great care and consideration to the habits you develop.

A negative, destructive habit can hold you back as surely as a steel chain around your ankle. A positive, productive habit can enable you to soar to heights that would otherwise be unreachable.

Work to make your most effective actions into habits, so they become a part of you. The effort will be rewarded over and over again.

-- Ralph Marston

REFUSED TO BE DISCOURAGED

There is a route to success that is available to just about everyone. It is persistence. No matter what your level of skill or experience, no matter how knowledgeable you are or aren't, when you continue making the effort for as long as it takes, you'll get where you're determined to go.
Persistence does not require any special talent. There's really nothing to stop you from persisting with one possible exception -- discouragement. But what is discouragement? Does it really need to have any power over your actions. Should you allow it to dictate your future? Does it make any sense for your discouragement about the past to prevent you from going forward toward the goals you desire?

Discouragement has exactly the amount of power you give it. And guess what? You don't need it. It won't being you anything positive. So go beyond it. Persist in your efforts. Forget about the disappointments. Look resolutely at what's ahead, at all the great things that are possible. Keep going, today, tomorrow and for as long as it takes.

-- Ralph Marston

Have a wonderful day, and a fabulous week!!!!!

Debbie
194/1??/129
SB since 3/22/00
Old 07-04-2004, 07:10 PM   #3  

HI All

At my sisters house for the 4th. Wanted to get in a quickie while the computer was free, and of course, start the board for the week.

I'm still without a computer. It seems MICHAEL'S friend can't fix it and I'll have to either see if there's a possibility someone else may be able to fix it OR I'll be shopping for a new computer, which was NOT on my agenda This is the one time I wish I would of purchased an extended warranty, but I never do, so I'm screwed. I want to shop around a bit if I do need a new computer and not just go out and buy one, paying top dollar - don't need a new monitor or printer, just the actual computer. Wish me luck! I'll try to check in if I get to my sisters or Mom's house sometime this week - impossible on the laptop to do anything but check the e-mail and I/M.

Hope you are all well - miss you guys a lot!

{{{HUGS}}}

Debbie
Old 07-05-2004, 09:15 AM   #4  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good morning.

Howdy Deb! Nice to see you this morning. I'm sorry that you are still without a computer. ((Hugzzz))

We had a wonderful family reunion yesterday. Mostly OP....ate too much but it was fun to just not worry about it so much. Looking foward to getting back on track this week to where I should be. The last seven months have not been good SB example months. But today is a new day.

Looking foward to hearing from ya'll this week.

Love and hugs,
Crystle
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 10:02 AM   #5  

Good Morning!

I just had an apple cinnamon oat bran muffin for breakfast, and I am on my second cup of coffee. I have a bit of time to kill before I am going to meet two ladies from another forum I post on. One of them is Mishi, if anyone remembers her. She posted a bit on here about two or three months ago. She recently moved to Georgia, and lives really close to me.

The sky is blue and the weather is just gorgeous. I am hoping we are done with rain for a while. SEF, and COUNTRY...have you had any rain recently? It seems to head this way after you get it...

The flea problem seems to be abating. I used a spray for the carpet, and Laura vacuumed really well, and I dosed the cat again. This morning, my ankles don't itch! That is an improvement! Next year, I will dose the cat earlier. I had no idea there was a problem until it was so bad it was unbearable!

Tom is off today. He plans to work in the garden some. He was thinking of going to the mountains for a day of solitude, but changed his mind. I was pleased. I love having him around. I wish we were independently wealthy so he could just hang around all day. Its always so much fun. Besides, my "honey-do" list for him is rather long!

Last night after church I invited two single guys over to eat with us. I cooked tilapia and noodles in alfredo sauce, and broccoli. The portabella mushroom alfredo turned out wonderful. Here is the recipe, which is really easy:

In a saute pan, heat some olive or grapeseed oil. When hot, add sliced baby portabella mushrooms (for one serving use about four or five mushrooms- you can use regular ones if you want). Add a bit of salt and pepper, and toss the mushrooms and saute until getting soft. Add about 1/2 cup per serving of heavy whipping cream. Stir well, and let the cream heat up. Once hot, add your pasta. Corkscrew, or similar shapes hold the sauce best. When the pasta is hot, add a handful of grated parmesan cheese. The kind that comes in a bag by the grated cheeses is best, but I used the canned stuff last night and it was still good. Mix that in, and it will thicken the sauce. Once the sauce has thickened, remove to a dish and serve. If you don't want to make mushroom alfredo, you can omit the mushrooms, but saute a bit of garlic in the oil before adding the cream.

I made a balsamic vinegar sauce for the fish, but I did something wrong. It was delicious, but did not thicken like it did for Erik. I am going to have to get him to talk me through making it again so I can get it right!

The best part about having company last night was that after they left, I actually cleaned everything up! The kitchen was good to go this morning. I love having company when I can wake up the morning after and find the kitchen clean! Another thing that made me happy was that the dinner I had fixed was totally on program, although we did eat a bit late!

I hope everyone has a great week! Lets do a challenge! Here is my suggestion!

* Get in three days of exercise this week.

* Drink your water!

* If you are going to cheat, don't cheat with sugar. Its probably the worst thing for developing cravings...so cheat with something else.

I am off! (But only slightly and most of you have known that for a while...)

Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 11:51 AM   #6  
Goddess

Smile Good Monday Morning!

Hey! I tried to get on a minute ago and the board wouldn't come up--good thing I tried again!

I'm happy to report that my pledge worked well yesterday! I ate what I wanted but didn't "hoover" everything in sight. When I left I was full but not stuffed and didn't feel deprived. I hope yesterday went well for everyone!

I'm trying to get ready to leave for NC and DC. Lots to do before I go.

Monet--I guess you can ignore most of the email I just sent you! I'm glad to hear that the fleas are going away. I does Belle all year long. Eventhough she never goes outside, there are fleas in my yard and they WILL get in if I don't keep her protected. Here in the south it never stays cold long enough to truly kill the flea eggs off. Starting in October or November, I dose her every other month and in June start doing it every month--so far so good!

Country--It is a brand new day--so let's get going together!

Deb--Hope you get the computer problems straightened out soon! You can buy just a cpu unit without having to get everything else. Try ebay or even a local pawn shop--you can get some pretty good deals!

Have a good Op week everyone!
Susan
Fillise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 12:55 PM   #7  

Hello everyone. Hope your holiday is going well. I'm enjoying mine even if just my DH and I. We've been barbequeing, relaxing and just enjoying ourselves. Watching the cooking shows right now while messing with the computer.

Fillise- Hope you have a good vacation. How long will you be gone for?

Monet- Your recipe sounds yummy. I love that to after company to get up and have everything all nice and clean.

CountryMom- Glad your reunion went well and you enjoyed yourself...

Debilli- Sure do miss you posting. What a bummer about the computer...

Guess I'm off to do some wash and get my shower....
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 01:45 PM   #8  
sef

HiedieHo Everyone!

Boy do I feel old!!! Rock and Roll is 50 y/o and I graduated HS 50 years ago. I was checking reunion sites and can find none for Manasquan HS.

Spent part of yesterday writting letters.

Didn't not go out for any celebration. I did watch all the specials on TV for the 4th. DS did some burgers and snags, they had macaroni & potato salad I passed. DS had bought fresh salad makings but didn't feel like I needed that. By the time you have burger, onion, tomato on sfww roll and 1 snag you don't seem to have room for anything else!

Today I went to NH, there is just a skeleton staff on holidays so there was nothing doing except me and some ladies who do the Rosary. So the time just drags for the residents. A lot of them "don't feel well" because any holiday is hard if you don't have an attentive family, and lack of activity in the facility. Most of the staff doesn't want to be there on a holiday either so they do the minimal. OOPS! Soapbox!

This afternoon I am going to piano player's house to go over some music for our group.

TONI: CHOCOLATE!?! Sounds good to me! You're right about lifestyle.

GATOR: I would find corn on the cob hard to resist!

MONET: You just have to be happy for your kids happiness. What are Krystals?

DEBBIE: I'll have to rereas and reread about discouragement and persisitence. Thanks for starting Board. Good luck with computer search. Miss you.

MONET: Ilove afredo, usually use shrimp, but we love mushrooms so I'll have to try that. Have never had portobello mushrooms. Aren't they the real big ones you can pan fry or broil like steak? Always learn something from you all.

FILLISE: Guess we have been lucky, we've always have had two dogs and two cats (one is an outside cat) and have never had a flea problem. I guess I'd better knock wood after saying that and thank God too. Enjoy your trip.

Need something to drink, giot to get some water. Will drop in later.

May good things happen

Shirley
sef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 05:48 PM   #9  

Howdy all-- We got back last Monday night, but had a severe thunder and lightening storm. It came through the phone line and fried my modem, so we had to replace it before I could get back to you all. Sure did miss not being able to come here when I was home. Tried to keep busy.....picked 30 more pounds of strawberries and put up 39 half pints of Strawberry All Fruit. It is not real sweet like Smucker's but we like it. I was able to find the recipe in the "No Sugar Needed" pectin. So total we got 40 pounds of frozen berries, and we took 10 pounds with us to ND, 20 pounds for jam, and I used the last 10 pounds for a strawberry pie with WW crust, made a SF strawberry & rhurbarb crisp to take to my Mom's for the 4th, and we gave some away, and snacked on the rest.

The trip was great......we were able to get out and do some sight seeing. Went to Lemmon S. D. and visited the Petrified Park. It had small buildings and waterfalls and all kinds of neat statues all made from petrified wood. It was really beautiful. We were also fortunate enough to get to see the Enchanted Hwy. Some man made beautiful HUGE metal statues of people, animals, and insects and placed them along the highway. They were really cool to see. When we pulled into look at the grasshoppers, there was a young man weed wacking around them. It turned out to be the man who made all of them. He said that he had one more ready to set up, but hadn't gotten to it yet. All in all, when he is finished there will be 12 different sites along the highway. He works on them all winter, and then takes care of them all summer. He told us that in the Geese alone, he had 5 miles of welding!! These things are really something to see. Hopefully I can get one scanned in so that you all can see what I am talking about.

I hope that everything is going well for all of you. And that you had a great 4th. I am sorry that Deb is having computer problems.....I know the feeling. Thankfully mine was only a modem.

Eating was good on our vacation. And I walked at least 3 miles each day we were there. I did let myself enjoy a homemade brownie that my SIL made, but was able to say no to the cake. Other than that I was OP. We took lots of veggies, and meat and cheese. The deep fried turkey was fantastic!!

Yesterday, on the 4th, I also let myself have one little hamburger cookie that my SIL made. These were the cutest things. She used vanilla wafers for the buns, the meat was a chocolate covered mint patty, the lettuce was dyed green coconut, and the catsup was red colored frosting. They were small, and I only had one, so that was my only cheat on the 4th!!

Will get caught up here and get in some replies soon.
See ya!!

Last edited by Teensybean; 07-05-2004 at 05:53 PM.
Teensybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2004, 10:03 PM   #10  
Goddess

WOW--slow day, I guess everyone is still in holiday mode!

I've done well today, so seem to be right back on the plan! Now I will just have to keep the same attitude through vacation!

Toni--I'll be gone for about a week. I'm taking the laptop with me and hope I will be able to check in a couple of times while I'm away. I'm Wi-Fi enabled, so maybe I can find some hot spots!

SEF--Sounds like you had a quiet day at the NH. My mom used to cry when we would visit my cousin and my great aunt on Christmas Eve and we'd have to leave them there while we went out of town for the holiday. It was hard for all of us, but not nearly as hard as for the ones left behind. I know they enjoyed having you there today!

Teensy--sounds like you had a great trip--and ALL those strawberries!!!!!! You'll be set for the winter!

Have a good evening everyone! I hope to get on for a little while tomorrow. Then it will be iffy!

I will be thinking about you this week!

Susan
Old 07-05-2004, 10:38 PM   #11  
sef

HiedieHo Everyone!

My friend and I went over quite a bit of music and have some ideas for next months program. August doesn't have a holiday but we can go with a Summertime theme. Then we sat and chatted for a while.......an enjoyable afternoon. Got home just ahead of the rain, so there wwwent swimming. Thunder/lightening.

TEENSY: Welcome back. What a good girl you are. I lov e to travel and see new sights.
Your SIL was very lever with the hamburger cookies.

FILLISE: You can use TEENSY for your inspiration to stay OP while away. For families who care it can be very difficult to have a family member in a NH. They often feel like they shold be doing more or have the resident at home, and we all know that is sometimes not possible. So my heart goes out to the families. When I worked with head trauma we treated the whole family, providing counseling. It is devastating to know you were the driver,say, and now your child is in rehab and will never be normal again. Often drug and alcohol abuse were involved. I always have TMI don't I? Sorry!

Everyone must still be in the party mode. Things are very slow here.

Think I will go and do a few stitches.

May good things happen

Shirley
sef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 09:29 AM   #12  

Good Morning!

I had company for dinner again last night! It was unplanned, but my daughter called and invited herself and her husband over for dinner. I couldn't complain. They brought veal steaks, and New York strip steaks. I just did the veggies. I made another batch of Callaloo, and we had grilled squash. Yum! I was not very hungry since I had a huge lunch. I forced myself to clean up everything again, and it sure felt good to go down this morning to a clean kitchen!

Tonight, I have small group coming over, and I am going to just grill hot dogs and hamburgers. That will be easy.

I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon to get my lab results. I am anxious to see what they are. I have finally lost a pound or two, but I still have ten to go to be back to where I was before my thyroid went Kablooey. I am hoping its not where it needs to be yet. I will be depressed if it is back down to a good level and I am stuck at this weight!

SEF: Not more rain! It will probably get here in another day or two!

FILLISE: I hope you have a great trip! I hope Mom and Dad Fillise enjoy it too!

TEENSY: Woo Hoo! You ROCK! Its so hard to behave on vacation. What an inspiration you are!

TONI: I hope you enjoyed your relaxing holiday! I love days like that!

Time for me to get moving here! Lots to do! I have a wedding cake for this weekend. Thankfully, its not a huge one.
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 11:15 AM   #13  
Goddess

Default Good Tuesday Morning!

I just got back from an early morning press conference and have changed back into shorts for working the rest of the day. . . one of the luxuries of working from home!

I'm leaving first thing tomorrow morning! Cain't wait, but so much to do before then.

SEF--Never TMI! We are actually having nice weather here for a change! Hope you can get that swim in.

Monet--Wow you are the social center of Atlanta--you are having a party every night--and staying OP WTG!

OK--the holiday is over and I want everyone to get their butts back on the board!!!!

Susan
Old 07-06-2004, 12:39 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi Ladies,

Thought I had better get on here before Fillise comes looking for me.

Had a nice weekend. Yesterday was quiet and I was quickly bored. Not so bored that I cleaned anything or worked out, but still bored.

We did get our 3 mile walk in. We haven't done 3 miles in a long time. Hope to repeat it again tonight.

Deb, good to hear from you. Hope you get a new computer or that one fixed soon.

Country, family reunions are nice. Today is a new day and persistance is our motto

Monet, I rememeber Mishi, have a nice visit. Good challenges!. I'm off to a good start, I got a 3 mile walk in yesterday and trying to get some water down today. Good luck on your Dr visit.

Fillise, WTG on your eating. Have a great trip. I know your DD will enjoy DC and the monument.

Toni, glad you had a nice holiday.

Sef, it's sad that the visitors at NH on holidays are sparse. The one my niece works at is the same way. Luckily they have you. What's a snag?

Teensy, glad you had a great trip. Those statues sound so neat. Hope to see a pic. Hamburger cookie? Never heard of such thing. Sounds cute. WTG on your good eating.

Have a great day. Hope to check back later.

Jackie
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2004, 03:24 PM   #15  
Goddess

Ahem, well I see I'm not going to have to come looking for Jackie, but where is everyone else?????