Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: What is your favorite condiment?
Butter/Margarine 7 21.21%
Ketchup 4 12.12%
Mustard 5 15.15%
Mayo/Sandwich Spread 3 9.09%
Hot Sauce 3 9.09%
Relish 1 3.03%
BBQ Sauce 1 3.03%
Sour Cream 0 0%
Salad Dressing 4 12.12%
Trojan 2 6.06%
Other 3 9.09%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2003, 10:53 AM   #31  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

ARGH!!! I was sitting here, nicely typing my post when we had a power surge! I lost EVERYTHING Gosh darn it!

Okay, going to try to at least get some of this back on - a bit of it that I started was saved (started it yesterday):

Didn't sleep well again last night though this time I know what it was from-night sweats! Not liking that one darn bit, I tell you. Tired once again today! Taking it easy and hoping to have an OP day.

I am still contemplating what my favorite condiment is. Hard one for even me to answer as I'm not really crazy about any one of them and only use stuff like that once in a while. Mayo I only use in egg/tuna/chicken salad sandwiches or salad dressings like Ranch, otherwise I think it's the grossest stuff, hate even getting it on my hands! Ketchup I only eat on plain/hard boiled eggs, mustard only on hot dogs, etc. etc. For those of you who chose "OTHER" what could that be???

I was over on the ST board over the weekend, just posted a few short messages, as well as reading some stuff. I can see where people are still getting some terrible advice from those who think they are experienced enough to hand it out. One person mentioned that since strawberries are low on the GI that they can eat them til their hearts content - WRONG! Another person said that SB says you can eat 2oz of chocolate and make that a serving - WRONG! Another post was getting nasty about something, I see where those of you who mentioned that recently got it from though I'm sure it was from another post all together. I'm so glad we have our boards

LOL! I wanted to see who would get the trojan condiment! Figures, BOB posted about it first, then TRISH - I know where your minds are, right behind mine! LOL!

Very excited to have quite a few new (but old) books coming my way. I just got a new (but old) book the other day that's wonderful. Of course, the books are all recipe books that I can utilize on this WOE, but as you all know that I don't cook, they are more of an investment for the board and particularly, the recipe boards. I do have to admit, there's quite a few recipes that almost have me wanting to actually make them! Fear the thought!!! Still searching for a few more, not that I need any more at all-any of the gals who've come to my home can tell you I have waaaay tooooo mannyyyy cookbooks!!!!!! Can't wait to see what the new ones that are coming have in them - to me, this is better than Xmas!

JACKK, sounds like you had a nice surprise birthday party. Guess it was such a surprise because you had almost 2 weeks before the actual big day! Congrats on avoiding the cake, you really held strong, kudos to you for that!

ZANNE, hoping you are feeling better. Sounds like you are back on track and going strong!!!

FILLISE, what kind of bread did you make? I thought about buying a bread machine but know that it would just be more of a novelty, use it once and that would probably be it. I see them all the time at garage sales-cheap too. PLUS, I don't have room for another appliance in this house, though the thought of having hot bread in the morning for the kids is inviting.

TRISH, forget the wagon, how about a plane to Miami? not that I hate being back on track but why do we jump off in the first place. We know what it does to us, how it makes us feel. Why can't we just stay put. Aaaarrrrrgggghhhh!!! you took the words right out of my mouth! Heck, wish you could of taken the food right along with the words!

SOL, hoping this surgery will aleviate all the problems you've been having and will allow you to walk without pain from there on. Hey, does this mean while you are recuperating we'll be seeing lots of posts from you while you whittle away the time at home??? Hugs to both VINCE & VIXEN! CONGRATS on her win!!!!

MONET, WOW, 10lbs since last Dr. visit is awesome! When was the last time you went? That's great, no matter how long, it's 10 steps in the right direction!

TRANQUIL, oh no, paleese don't get sick again! Tell ZACH to keep it to himself this time and just let the flu bug die already!!!!

SUGARLESS, the book has been out for almost a year, I think. It's called WIN THE SUGAR WAR, your library should have it. I'm on page 144

QUILTER, cool beans! Another 2lbs down from last Dr. visit! Keep up the great work!!!!

To everyone else I send a big hello!!!!

Have a few things to get done today, little piddly things, nothing exciting at all. I have to go find my cousin a shower gift. My Aunt's friends are having a shower for her in the middle of the week at the PALM BEACH COUNTRY CLUB which I'm not going to, I'm not going to be among these rich high society women. Somehow, my Aunt isn't like that at all, but the friends she has, at least the ones I've met are. I'm not in the mood to hobnob. I couldn't believe how fancy this invitation was, just for a shower and then to top it off, they put that she's registered at Tiffany's and Williams-Sonoma! PALEEESE!!! Her parents have money, she does not. I think they did that for all the rich women who don't shop at stores like us normal people. I think there's a difference between THE HAVES, THE WANNA HAVES and THE HAVE NOTS. Anyhow, there's going to be a family get together on Sunday the 16th and I have to find her a gift. Nothing from either of those places - did find out she's registered at Bed Bath and Beyond-more my style, plus I have a coupon!

PLEASE REMEMBER TONIGHT IS CHAT AT 9:15PM EST!!!! Hope to see you all there. Unless the computer is needed for homework, I plan on being on - right after AMERICAN IDOL!!!

Have a wonderful day!!!

Debbie
Old 02-04-2003, 10:55 AM   #32  

Here's my contribution for TUESDAY TIPS from Global Health website:

Weekly Fit Tip

SETTING YOUR GOALS
By Brian Tracy

In my conversations with hundreds of very successful people over the years, I have found that they all have one thing in common. They have taken the time to sit down and create a clear blueprint for themselves and their future lives. Even if they started the process of goal setting and personal strategic planning with a little skepticism, every one of them has become a true believer.

BECOMING A TRUE BELIEVER

Every one of them has been amazed at the incredible power of goal setting and strategic planning. Every one of them has accomplished far more than they ever believed possible in selling and they ascribe their success to the deliberate process of thinking through every aspect of their work and their lives and then developing a detailed, written road map to get them to where they wanted to go.

THE DEFINITION OF HAPPINESS

Happiness has been defined as, "The progressive achievement of a worthy ideal, or goal." When you are working progressively, step-by-step toward something that is important to you, you generate within yourself a continuous feeling of success and achievement. You feel more positive and motivated. You feel more in control of your own life. You feel happier and more fulfilled. You feel like a winner, and you soon develop the psychological momentum that enables you to overcome obstacles and plough through adversity as you move toward achieving the goals that are most important to you.

DETERMINE YOUR VALUES

Personal strategic planning begins with your determining what it is you believe in and stand for-your values. Your values lie at the very core of everything you are as a human being. Your values are the unifying principles and core beliefs of your personality and your character. The virtues and qualities that you stand for are what constitute the person you have become from the beginning of your life to this moment. Your values, virtues and inner beliefs are the axle around which the wheel of your life turns. All improvement in your life begins with your clarifying your true values and then committing yourself to live consistent with them.

FUZZY OR CLEAR?

Successful people are successful because they are very clear about their values. Unsuccessful people are fuzzy or unsure. Complete failures have no real values at all.

BUILDING SELF-CONFIDENCE AND SELF-ESTEEM

Values clarification is the beginning exercise in building self-confidence, self-esteem and personal character. When you take the time to think through your fundamental values, and then commit yourself to living your life consistent with them, you feel a surge of mental strength and well being. You feel stronger and more capable. You feel more centered in the universe and more competent of accomplishing the goals you set for yourself.

ACTION STEPS

Here are two things you can do immediately to put these ideas into action:

First, decide for yourself what makes you truly happy and then organize your life around it. Write down your goals and make plans to achieve them.

Second, begin with your values by deciding what it is you stand for and believe in. Commit yourself to live consistent with your inner most convictions and you'll never make another mistake.
Old 02-04-2003, 10:57 AM   #33  

We were posting at the same time. Good to hear from you. The baby shower sounds a little nauseating. The family get together will be more fun, I'm sure.
Very funny about Trojan I will look up that book you are in . See you at chat (if I'm still awake).
Old 02-04-2003, 11:01 AM   #34  

Here's another post which I thought had some good information in it. It comes from a site called MUSCLE DEFINITION DIET:

Sugar Substitute Information:

- TABLE-SUGAR FACTS -
1 Tablespoon = 12 __Grams Carbohydrate, __47 Calories.
1 Cup =____________ 201 Grams Carbohydrate, 780 Calories.

Sucralose: * * * * (SPLENDA Brand sweetener) Is one of our top sugar substitutes of choice based on the price. It only costs about twice as much as table sugar for the same sweetening equivalent. 1 Gram / 1 Packet = 2 teaspoons of sugar. 1.5 Packets = 1 Tablespoon of sugar. 10.5 Packets = 1 Cup of sugar. 200 Packet Box = 8 Cups of sugar. It is not zero carb 'in our book' because it has a bit of maltodextrin and dextrose mixed into the packets as filler(Figure about 1 gram of carbs per packet) so use it sparingly, but it is still VERY LOW IMPACT and nearly zero calories. The pure form, found as an ingredient in manufactured foods does not have these fillers and it IS zero carb and zero calories. In this case, Splenda is excellent! Get Splenda Here (On the page that opens after clicking on this link, search for "Splenda Individual Packets") This sweetener is the only sugar substitutes that is derived exclusively from sugar. It is 400 times sweeter than sugar It is very close to sugar in taste and in heat tolerance. It has a lower impact on insulin than its main competitor - Aspartame (Nutrasweet / Equal.) The little yellow packets are better for you than the type that measures like sugar which has even more added fillers. We give it 4 stars.

Keto Sweet * * * * ( Absolutely one of the BEST QUALITY sugar substitutes you can buy - ZERO CARBS, ZERO CALORIES, NO impact on insulin, very sweet, keeps its sweetness in baking too. It is about 3.5 times the price of Splenda for the same sweetening equivalent. 1/2 teaspoon, 2 Grams = 2 teaspoons of sugar. 3/4 teaspoon, 3 Grams = 1 Tablespoon of sugar. 12 teaspoons, 48 Grams = 1 Cup of sugar. 122 Gram Container = 2.5 Cups of sugar. Acesulfame potassium is combined with the amino acid glycine to taste just like sugar! It is absolutely safe with wide usage world-wide. It's more expensive than some of the others but worth it if you want one of the best, lowest impact sweeteners available.) Here.

Acesulfame-potassium, acesulfame-K, or ace-K for short: * * * (Keto Sweet, Sunette, and SweetOne Brand Sweetener). This sweetener is 200 times sweeter than sugar. It has only a slightly bitter aftertaste. It is most commonly found in combinations with other sweeteners and it works well in this role. It does tolerate heat well and does not significantly affect insulin. It is approved for use in most applications except for soft-drinks by the FDA at this time. In Canada it is used extensively. It gets 3 stars from us.

Maltitol: * * * * ( Steel's Nature Sweet [Syrup] - Works as a Honey Substitute made from pure Maltitol Syrup and Vanilla Extract also Steel's Nature Sweet [Crystals] -Table Sugar Substitute made from pure Maltitol in crystallized form). Maltitol is used in the majority of the low carb chocolate and candy recipes. It is almost identical to honey, not quite as thick. It has 24 calories per tablespoon, 384 calories per cup but practically no impact on insulin. Steels Nature Sweet [Syrup] is about 2.5 times the price of Splenda, [Crystals] are about 3 times the price of Splenda, for the same sweetening equivalent. Measures the same as sugar, practically the same sweetness equivalent for all practical purposes. 1/2 teaspoon = 1/2 teaspoons of sugar. 1 Tablespoon = 1 Tablespoon of sugar. 1 Cup = 1 Cup of sugar. 12 Ounce Container = 1.5 Cups of sugar. Maltitol is one of the most gentle sweeteners on your system. Some people do experience a laxative effect if too much is consumed, most people do not. Steel's Nature Sweet-Crystals Table Sugar Substitute (2 lb ) is available here. and Steel's Nature Sweet-Sugar Free Sweetener (12oz.) is available here.. Both are equally low in calories with only 2.1 calories per gram as compared to 4 calories per gram of regular carbohydrate. 90% as sweet as sugar with only half the calories. Maltitol is one of the preferred low carb sweeteners. It is not bitter, holds up well in cooking and It has a consistency which makes it ideal as a honey and fat substitute in syrup form, or as a table sugar substitute in crystallized form so it is the most common choice for certain kinds of candy and chocolate making. We give it 4 stars.

Erythritol / Steviva Plus * * * * Nearly identical to sugar in every way except that has ZERO CARBS and ALMOST NO CALORIES. It is about 6 times the price of Splenda for the same sweetening equivalent. Measures the same as sugar, practically the same sweetness equivalent for all practical purposes. 1/2 teaspoon = 1/2 teaspoons of sugar. 1 Tablespoon = 1 Tablespoon of sugar. 1 Cup = 1 Cup of sugar. 1 Pound Bag = 2 Cups of sugar. This is one of the best things to come along in the low-carb lifestyle! It is the closest thing to sugar we have available but with ALL of the positive things we want. Steviva Plus is a blend of high quality stevia extract and erythritol which is naturally occurring in a variety of foods and derived from fermented glucose. With a calorific value close to zero ( 0.2 calories per gram, 3 calories per Tablespoon, 40 calories per CUP!) it is 85% - 95% lower in calories than other artificial sweeteners and has only 5% of the calories in sugar. It does not affect insulin in any measurable way either! With the appearance and properties very similar to sucrose but offering about the same level of the sweetness of sucrose, Erythritol by itself is 70% as sweet as sugar (Steviva Plus has Stevia added which is 200 - 300 times sweeter than sugar so it is sweeter than plain erythritol and it is just as sweet as sugar. Erythritol and/ or Steviva Plus is an ideal choice for many applications. It is granulated like sugar and dissolves quickly and measures like sugar. Erythritol / Steviva Plus is ideal to bake and cook with. It is safe for diabetics and may be used in hot or cold liquids, sprinkled on cereals and fruit, or in any way that you wish to use it. Compared to other polyol sweeteners, erythritol has a high digestive tolerance (no laxative effect). In fact, it has the highest digestive tolerance of all polyols. As an example, erythritol has a digestive tolerance 3-4 times better than that of sorbitol and 2-3 times better than xylitol and maltitol. Erythritol does not cause undesired gastrointestinal effects under its intended conditions of use. Based on clinical studies in which erythritol was administered with foods and beverages at daily doses up to 75-80 grams, a laxation threshold cannot be defined. Is it safe? Yes. Clinical studies have consistently demonstrated the safety of erythritol, even when consumed on a daily basis in relatively high amounts. Based on the entire safety data package on erythritol, it is concluded by qualified food safety experts that erythritol is safe for its intended use in food. Over the past 10 years, erythritol has built up a history of safe use in Japan. In the USA, erythritol was given a GRAS-status (Generally Recognized as Safe) in 1997. Is is tooth friendly? Yes. Since mouth bacteria cannot metabolize it, erythritol does not promote tooth decay. This is our favorite sweetener in general since it is treated just like sugar. Erythritol may also be mixed with other more intense sweeteners to kick its sweetness up a notch and to give the other sweeteners like Splenda the texture of sugar just like as Steviva Plus accomplishes by adding Stevia to it. It masks any bitter taste created by some other sweeteners such as Stevia and Saccharin very well. We give it 4 stars. Purchase Steviva Plus here.

Glycerin: * * * * It is an excellent sugar substitute which helps you retain the water you drink (low carb diets often have a diuretic effect so this is good.) Plus glycerin grams are counted as a type of fat, not as carbohydrate since it has similar characteristics. We give it 4 stars.

Polydextrose: * * * (Litesse Brand) It has only 1 calorie per gram, as compared to 4 calories per gram of regular carbohydrate, and is considered fiber. It contains traces of Sorbitol so it should not be consumed in high amounts (14 grams or more) but it is a very low impact carbohydrate. We give it 3 stars.

Saccharin: * * (SWEET'N LOW and SUPEROSE Brand Sweetener) - This sweetener is 300 times sweeter than sugar but has a slightly bitter taste, still better tasting than Stevia. It works fine in some foods, in small quantities. It does tolerate heat well and is lower than Nutrasweet in how it affects insulin. (SWEET'N LOW in the pink packets has Dextrose as an added ingredient which bumps up the insulin response somewhat. It is still better than Nutrasweet for insulin response however when you have a choice. SUPEROSE brand [comes in liquid form] does not have Dextrose so it is superior to SWEET'N LOW as far as the impact on insulin. This is the other sweetener that we use in our house as the commercial sweetener with the lowest impact on insulin. You can buy it in liquid form.) Saccharin got a bad name a few years ago due to the specific reaction of mice which received it in massive quantities (more than a human being would ever dream of taking) getting cancer in laboratory tests; however this controversy has been cleared up. It does not appear that humans have the same response and this sweetener was officially given a clean bill of health in 2000. It is a very low impact sweetener but it gets only 2 stars from us due to the bitter taste.

Xylitol: * * The main advantage with this sweetener is it is actually GOOD FOR YOU! It helps repair damaged teeth and fights strep infections in the mouth and so you find it in sugar free chewing gum quite often! If you had to choose a beneficial carbohydrate this would certainly be a good one. It is lower in calories (about 40% less than sugar) and does cause a lower insulin response than sugar, being more complex, taking longer to break down, making it a more sustained energy release; but it still has a higher impact on insulin than some of the other sweeteners which does not make it the best choice for a low carb diet. It has the same sweetness and consistency as sugar. (But if you had to choose between this and sugar, this would be the winner!) It gets at least these 2 stars because it is so beneficial for your health - you could almost justify having a few carbs of it in your chewing gum. (Take your Carbohydrate Blocker first and enjoy!)

Aspartame: * (NUTRASWEET, EQUAL, & NATRATASTE Brand Sweeteners) - Each gram should be counted toward carbohydrate. This sweetener is 200 times sweeter than sugar but not as close to sugar in taste. It tastes fine in small quantities. In large quantities it has a slight bitter taste. It does not tolerate heat well. Aspartame, though safe for most people, cannot be metabolized by a few with a generic disorder called phenylketonuria (PKU). There seems to be more of an insulin response with this sweetener which has been noted by Dr. Atkins and others. (Nutrasweet, Equal, and Natrataste have Dextrose and Maltodextrin as added ingredients which bump up the insulin response.) We give it 1 star due to the insulin response potential and the other factors discussed.

Stevia: * Is two to three times as sweet as sugar but it can taste bitter in some forms. It has a very low impact on insulin and is often used because it is "natural" but most people do not find it desirable unless it is mixed with other sweeteners. We give it only 1 star due to the taste. However when it is mixed with other sweeteners it can work very well. This rating is only when it is used by itself. When mixed with *Steviva Plus (Erythritol - above) it works very well!

Lactitol & Sorbitol: * Faintly bitter, but barely noticeable. Lactitol is only 40% as sweet as sugar, Sorbitol is 60% as sweet as sugar but they both still taste very sweet and good. The problem with these is they will almost always create a strong, unpleasant laxative effect. Avoid them in any significant amounts. We give them 1 star due to the side effects.

Maltodextrin: (Not to be confused with Maltitol.) It has a low molecular weight (bad) which means it is very simple (not a complex sugar) and is considered "high glycemic" - it has a larger affect on insulin. It gets no stars.

Dextrose: Considered "high glycemic" - it has a much greater affect on insulin. It has fewer calories than sugar and is a bit slower to absorb than sugar but it still has an even lower molecular weight than Maltodextrin (bad) and acts more like sugar than the others as far as an insulin response. It gets no stars. It is our least favorite sugar substitute, due to the high insulin response, that we have sufficient information on.

Neotame: This is a new high intensity sweetener that is the strongest yet compared to sugar at about 8,000 times as sweet as sucrose. This is offered by the same company that manufactures Nutrasweet Brand Sweetener. It is not widely used at this time. The jury is still out on this one.

Alitame: This is another new high intensity sweetener. It is about 2,000 times as sweet as sugar and was originally discovered by Pfizer Inc. The rights to it are now owned by Danisco Sweeteners. Still not much info available on this sweetener.

(For Even More In-Depth Information on Sugar Substitutes ["Sugar Alcohols" or "Polyols"] Click Here:

http://www.xylitolworks.com/global_s....htm~mainFrame
Old 02-04-2003, 11:02 AM   #35  

LIN, it's actually a wedding shower and to think, the wedding isn't til August!!!!
Old 02-04-2003, 11:02 AM   #36  

Morning!

I have had a somewhat laid back morning. I did get my treadmill time in. I think that has been key for me in the last month. I have lengthened the time I spend on it, but kept the pace moderate. I can read while I walk, and the time just flies!

I am probably going to have to head back up to the doctor's today. (he is about 45 minutes away, but worth every minute and mile of the drive) My daughter is having some very unusual symptoms that need to be checked. Her whole body is kind of jerky, and she has been complaining of visual problems and headaches. I am hoping the problems can be explained as results of her running 6 miles every day for track. The last time she had problems like this, she tested positive for an autoimmune disease, but they could not diffentiate as to which one.

My meeting last night was fun, though I don't think it accomplished anything. My hubby says meetings are dark cul de sacs in which great ideas are herded down and lost! Sadly true sometimes! I took shepherd's pie, which was not totally legal, but I ate around the potatoes as much as possible, and tried to eat a lot of salad.

TRAN: I hope your son gets better soon. Sounds like you are passing that virus back and forth. Break out the lysol!

ZANNE: Congratulations on staying on program 100%! I hope it felt SO good you do it again today!

QUILTER: I can relate...when my hubby woke me up this morning, I was really sound asleep. I wish he would have left me alone! That is great about the two pounds in less than two weeks!

JACK: Wow, 60 to 25 is a big difference! I use a program called Diet Power to journal in. You can download a free trial of it from their website. It has a feature that tracks your metabolic rate, which I find kind of fun and amusing. Of course it is based on the old, calorie in, calorie out theory. I tried fitday a long time ago, but like DietPower enough to purchase it.

To everyone else, have a good day!
Old 02-04-2003, 11:31 AM   #37  
Goddess

Thumbs down Tuesday morning

Good morning everyone!

It's turned cold here again--ick! Though we certainly don't have the snow and ice that Gracious is dealing with in New Brunswick!

Tomorrow I am heading to Washington DC for a conference. I thought we were leaving Friday, but found out last night we are leaving tomorrow--soooo I have to get the laundry done, buy the cat food and pack TODAY!!!! I have an out of town meeting tomight--so can't wait until evening to do it. This concerence is one where they are providing all our meals--soooooo I know I will ahve to be picky. I think I will keep the emergency cheese, fruit, and triscuits in the room as well.

Deb and Jackie--I have a Breadman Rapid Deluxe breadmachine. I use the whole wheat recipe they have in the book that came with the machine, only I substitute WW pastry flour for the bread flour and agave for honey. I posted the recipe on the recipe board. The loaves come out really pretty and oddly, I haven't pigged out on warm bread. I do enjoy knowing exactly what is in my bread. I haven't tried any of the other recipies, but when I get back from DC I'm going to work on a WW sour dough recipe. I will also try using to make a legal pizza dough. It is easy and as long as I put the ingredients in in the order given (liquids first, then dry ingredients, keep the salt and yeast apart) the loaves turn out OK. So far I'm making about a loaf a week. In the spring, when it gets to be cookout time, I'm going to experiment with putting the WW bread on the dough setting and making homemade WW hamburger buns.

OK that was a longer discourse on bread than I planned!

Monet--WTG on the 10 lbs! I think I would pitch that scale! I hope the Dr. can figure out what is ailing DD and gets her back in the pink soon!

Linworth--here's what I do about pasta. When I'm at home I try to eat the WW or the 100% durum I found at Sam's (one of the few that is not an enriched durum semolina). When I'm out I don't really worry about it. I try not to have any other starchy carbs with the meal. One thing I have noticed is that pasta, while often with a moderate GI level, seems to have a higher GL, so I may have to rethink the pasta strategy!

Zanne--Congrats on the OP day! The turkey soup sounds good!

Tranquil--I hope you and DH stop passing that virus back and forth--perhaps you ought to give up the smooching for a while!

Solshine--Congrat's on Vixen's victory! You and DH must be so proud!!!!

Country mom--Welcome home! Hope the vacation was good and we missed having you on the board!

Got to go start the laundry. I hope to get on tomorrow morning before I leave, but if not I'll talk to you next week!

Susan
Old 02-04-2003, 02:41 PM   #38  

Date: Tue, 04 Feb 2003 02:58:50 -0600
MIME-Version: 1.0

Today's thought is:
Strange feelings. ... Just a sort of unexplained sadness that comes each
afternoon when the new day is gone forever and there's nothing ahead
but increasing darkness.
- Robert M. Pirsig

Just as each day is a new beginning, so is each night also a new start.
Each night can be a chance to recharge ourselves after our day's
batteries have run down. Each night can be a chance to start anew on
our goals, our growth, our good thoughts.

Instead of reflecting on the past events of the day, we can look forward
to the moments to come. We can be unafraid of the darkness of the
night as we prepare for tomorrow by using positive energy.

Although the day is done, tomorrow is yet to come. There are plans to
make, places to go, people to see, and projects to do. Tomorrow can
begin with hope and strength and energy directed to all our forthcoming
events.

I can see tomorrow as a new beginning.
Today's meditation comes from the book
Night Light by Amy E. Dean copyright 1986
Old 02-04-2003, 03:33 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Gotta make it quick- I was 100% OP yesterday and doing good today. Did my 2 mile tape yesterday and plan to do it this evening. I 've been drinking lots of water, but only down 2. Hopefully, tomorrow's weigh in will be better. Gotta go get Ashley's RX filled- she has strep throat. BTW- any advice about her birthday(eating) being held at McDonald's this Sat? I know I won't be legal- but what should I choose that might not make me gain? Just a chicken sandwich and diet coke and 1 small slice of cake?
Old 02-04-2003, 04:18 PM   #40  

Monet-I hope your dd feels better-those are strange symptoms.

Susan-The bread machine sounds like it is really working for you. Have fun at the conference.
LD-I found your meditations very meaningful to me--thanks for sharing.
Laurie-You are doing great. Why not get a shaker salad and diet coke at the party? I would probably eat before I went and just spend the time refereeing the party Have fun with the tape.
Deb-thanks for the sweetener ideas.
See you at chat.
Old 02-04-2003, 04:26 PM   #41  

Checking in. Took my son to the eye doctor's today and it seems he is near sighted and colour deficient. Curious! I know my dad is *colour blind* but they like to call it Colour Deficient nowadays. It is genetic so I will blame my dad! We can hold off on glasses and re-check in August since the teacher agreed she will keep him in the front row...where I like my kids to sit anyway! *read keener*

Can't reply. Have to get ready for 15 people coming over for a Bible study tonight and just got home a half hour ago. Have a great day!
Old 02-04-2003, 04:30 PM   #42  

Default Hello!!!

Well, it has been a very busy day for me, and I am taking my NonSmokers Break at the office....

It has been a good day of eating - only salad for lunch and a bottle of water with that salad

Heart - Good for you staying OP!!!!! Hope the little one feels better...

Fillise - Have a safe trip to Wash DC and that is a great idea about making sure you have something safe to fall back on in the event of non-legal substance being offered!! hahaha!!! I am trying very hard not to smooch, but it is hard when they are only 12, hahahaha....

Monet - That is terrific about the treadmill - and I agree if you give me something interesting to read the time flies on treadmill or bike!!! Hope they find out what is happening with DD!!! So far, I am not sick again, and will be praying it remains so!!!

Deb - I told Zach to keep his germs to himself but meanwhile, oooh la la, have fun rubbing elbows with the rich and/or famous!!!

Linworth - I just think the best tip is the one I got from so many on the board: It isn't any fun losing the same pound twice. That is definitely true and I am planning on losing the weight again and this time keeping it off...because it is NO FUN losing it over again = especially when the scale this morning would not budge!!!!

JackK - I am sure it will budge downwards for you tomorrow - positive thinking!!!! It is so hard with kids to keep their little grubby germy paws off of ya! hahaha - but when they look at you with that pitiful little sickly face, heart turns to mush and I want to just hold him and take the germs away - oh and boy do I do that - the germs say Hey She Looks Like a Really Cool Place to Hang Out!!!!

Zanne - Kudos for such a good Op day you had yesterday!!!!!! Strawberries are my favorite!!!!!!

Quilter - Keep up your good work - I am right there with you - and I will be on chat tonight as well, as long as I have no problems getting into it....

back to work, my break is over - have a good afternoon!!!

Sabrina
Old 02-04-2003, 05:33 PM   #43  
sef

HiedieHo All!

Just to let you know I have been in the hospital since Friday morning. Severe bout of gastritis, esophagitis and a UTI. Am home now but feeling weak yet. Catch you when I feel up to it.

Shirley
Old 02-04-2003, 05:36 PM   #44  

Shirley--That's horrible--you were really hit!! I'm glad you are back home now.
I too am soooo tired of losing the same pounds -- I've bounced around the same 4 pounds for about a year now.
Old 02-04-2003, 05:38 PM   #45  

Just got back from taking my daughter to the doctor. He had a name for what he thinks it is, but I have forgotten it. He said it is common in teens and they out grow it. It can also be from low oxygen, so he is changing her inhaler and how she uses it to see if that helps. He also gave her something that will help calm it down and allow her to sleep. We give this treatment four weeks and then reevaluate.

I am planning on making cod fillets for dinner, so I need to go find an exciting recipe for them! Catch you all later!
Closed Thread