Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: What is your favorite condiment?
Butter/Margarine 7 21.21%
Ketchup 4 12.12%
Mustard 5 15.15%
Mayo/Sandwich Spread 3 9.09%
Hot Sauce 3 9.09%
Relish 1 3.03%
BBQ Sauce 1 3.03%
Sour Cream 0 0%
Salad Dressing 4 12.12%
Trojan 2 6.06%
Other 3 9.09%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2003, 05:05 PM   #91  

I posted the cake recipe -- it is from Jennifer, not Suzanne. It sure looks good.
Old 02-06-2003, 05:21 PM   #92  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

GOOD AFTERNOON EVERY BUDDY!!!

Thought I better drop by or the DUNGEON MISTRESS would be looking...

Everything still going well here...haven't gained, but haven't lost either! Started going to TOPS as Debbie suggested. It turns out that one meeting is within walking distance of my house! Monday nights at 7pm...

Kim..so sorry about your friend.. it's hard to let go of the good ones..I'll keep him in my thoughts for you.

Jackie..I just like WILD OATS..there are a lot of good things there.
You have to pull a Debbie and handle everything in there. Does yours have produce? I'm to the point where I like the organic stuff better. It has a better taste, and knowing that there isn't any pestisides is a relief..

My Neice went to see CHICAGO and she said it's the best movie she's seen in a long time..I'm going to break my general rule of not going to the theater and go see it...anyone else going?

I'm off to feed the furbaby....I'll check in later...

BOB
Old 02-06-2003, 05:32 PM   #93  
"I'm working on it!"

Default Checkin' In

Good Afternoon All

Well, I've been OP for 3 1/2 days. Tonight I'll be having a wee piece of cake--It's DH's 40th! I'll try to send the rest of the cake to work with him tomorrow. It'll be just the 3 of us tonight, but we're going to a dinner/dance on Saturday with a bunch of friends so we'll celebrate then.

I've finally got most of my energy back. This stupid virus really knocked me down. I put in a full day of work yesterday (I clean my aunt's house every couple of weeks--she has a bad heart) and was pooped. Today I was running around getting some things to decorate and then cleaned our house a bit. I think I may try some exercise tomorrow!

I had packed up a cooler with all legal foods to eat yesterday, but my aunt came home with lunch. I was kind of dreading it cause she likes Wendy's. But she came home with a chicken breast and a salad for each of us. She said "we don't need the fries" I gave her a thumbs up on that one.

I've found a "salad" that I quite like. I had some leftover brussels sprouts in the fridge and didn't quite know what to do with them. So I put a few drops of Italian dressing on and mixxed it up and BOY! was it good! So I have a new snack.

QUILTER--So sorry about your friend. I'm glad he's somewhat at peace knowing he'll be going to a better place. Just be there for him however you can. We have a friend who's been 3 rounds(hopefully no more!) with the non-hogkins and it was really rough each time. I'll keep you and your friend in my thoughts.

LINWORTH--Sorry, I can't help you out with the chicken recipe, but when you do figure it out, can you please share. It sounds good! Also, I'd love the banana cake recipe. I have loads of bananas in the freezer!

HEARTMOM--keep up the good work. Your persistence is paying off! WTG on the low! We can weigh different from day to day and even hour to hour. I jump on the scale almost every morning but my "official" weight is WIW. I try to not let the little daily increases get to me (though the decreases make me feel good!). I keep reading about you doing the WATP tapes and you've inspired me to try one tomorrow!!!

Ok, gotta go finish making dinner. Have a good evening everyone!

Last edited by Zanne; 02-06-2003 at 05:38 PM.
Old 02-06-2003, 08:09 PM   #94  

Boy was this a long day! I baked cakes, went to the store, made pimento cheese, visited with my friend, ate, cooked, and researched for my curriculum project. I did not even get a chance to nap! :EEK:

I made Hungarian Goulash for dinner. I love that stuff... I served it on ww pasta mini shells. I was very good about the portion size, but I still feel stuffed! I think that is a good sign. I am eating less and feeling fuller. Don't know why, but I'll take it!

It is cold and wet here. They are saying there is a chance of sleet tonight. My daughter and her friend are praying for snow or ice, so there is no school tomorrow! I wouldn't mind sleeping in, but I have things to do tomorrow to get this cake done! One of them is to run over to the SugarCraft store and get supplies. Can't do that in snow and ice!

I am going to go post a few recipes....I will try and get back on later and do some individual posts...if I don't make it back, sweet dreams everyone!

Old 02-06-2003, 09:18 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Checking in- I stayed OP today but I ate waayyy to much Smuker's Peanut Butter. Man, is that stuff good. I drain the oil off and keep it in the cabinet instead of the fridge. Hope it didn't make me gain. Tomorrow is Ashley's bday although, we're having her party on Saturday. We plan on going to Ryan's to eat and then we have to go see a friend of mine in Jackson(almost 2 hours away). She had brain surgery(tumor) a little over a week ago. We visited her last week- she can't pick up her left leg or arm on her own. She can feel though, hopefully with therapy it will get better. She's my age(27) and has 2 kids. This is her second surgery for the cancer. I hope it's gone for good now. Okay guys, talk to u later.
Old 02-06-2003, 10:03 PM   #96  

Default Thursday night

Hello, everybody!

I hope you all had great days! One more day until the weekend. Let's hear a huge sigh of relief over that.

Well, thanks for all the nice thoughts and prayers regarding my friend, Mike. He did pass away last night a little after 11 p.m. The ambulance got him back to the hospital near his home, so he got to see his family and tell them goodbye. I'm sad, but yet thankful that his suffering is over. He'd had a very long, very difficult six months. I'm glad he's a peace now.

My eating has been really good. Today my boss wanted to go to lunch. So we picked an irish pub. Oh, let me tell you, I've eaten there before and they have some very yummy, very illegal stuff. But I opted for a fantastic salad with chicken breast, pine nuts, sun dried tomatoes and goat cheese. It was so good. I ate only half so I could bring the rest home for supper.

ZANNE---So glad to hear that you are feeling better. Sounds like your energy is almost back to normal. That has to be great for you. Hey, I loved your brussel sprouts idea. I love them, but haven't tried anything like salad dressing on them. Thanks for the idea!

BOB----Good for you for going to TOPS. I think sooner or later, I'll have to join up for something like that, just to have something here to keep me accountable. I've even thought about RE-joining weight watchers at some point. I have a digital scale, so it's not for an accurate weigh in, but just for the knowledge that I have to go somewhere and get weighed. I hope you see a loss soon. Keep on working, we'll get there.

DEB---I knew your computer was being used on Tuesday night. Those kids of yours are working hard and their grades are great. How can we begrudge them their computer time when they are needing to keep up those grades. You have to feel so good that they are doing so well in school.

SEF---Good to hear from you again. You take care of yourself and let somebody else do the cooking. I hope your strength comes back soon and that you get all rested up. Thanks for checking in with us.

GRACIOUS----I know just what you are talking about with your friend. My brother has been a minister for over 30 years and sometimes it's very hard for them to get really close friends in their congregation. Kind of an awkward position. Like you said, not wanting to play favorites. Thanks for your kind words.

MONET---Don't worry about being up today on the scale. Remember, you have been doing a lot of walking, so the upped scale could be because you're building muscle and losing fat. You go girl!!!

JACKK---It's been snowing off and on here all day. Nothing accumulating yet. Hey, good luck with your move on Saturday. I hope the weather cooperates for you. I'm going to start painting tomorrow, soo. I'm just doing one room, so that's not going to be nearly what you all will do. i totally agree with you and your theory of why we can fall off the wagon so easily. You are so right. We just don't think beyond that one moment and that urge to splurge. I guess we should work for clear heads and smart thinking, keeping our eyes to the future and our goals.

DAWN----So glad that you are recuperating. You did go for quite a while without any sickness. So I hope you don't have to have a "pay back" for all those sick-free months.

TRANQ---Oh, that DS of yours sharing everything he has! Not very nice. I hope you can shake it fast and get healthy. Is is warm enough down there to open all your windows and get the germs out? I hope it doesn't last for you. I am sooooo glad to hear that you are OP and doing great. Awesome, chick! Keep going and keep trying to foil all those foods that are trying to plot against us and what we want. Reject the smoothie and prepare for a healthy legal drink. Good for you, for making smart choices!!!!!

HEART---So glad to hear that you are down to your low weight. Get with Leslie and keep walking away the pounds. She can give us great results. When I think of what you've had to go through with Boogie's illness, I am truly humbled. You have had such an ordeal, yet you keep on going and loving life. I have to give you a big old virtual HUG and say, thanks for your kind words. There are a lot of questions that come up for us all every day. Someday we will "get" the answers.

Girls, my computer has locked up twice tonight while I've tried to write this. So I'm going to stop and get this much posted. So sorry to miss some of you. I'll catch you later.

Take care.
Kim
Old 02-07-2003, 07:27 AM   #97  

It is a quiet gray morning here. It rained off and on all night. My daughter was hoping for ice, but it didn't happen. I have lots to do today....I have to start icing cakes and before I can do that, I have to go buy the boards, and supports I need. So far, it has been easy to resist...everything is still in pans or intact. Once I start trimming and putting them together with icing, it is going to be difficult. I am going to try chewing gum while I am working.
Hopped on the scale today, and was back down that pound. I'll take it! It is PMS time...so I did not expect any GOOD news...I rather expected to see another gain.

QUILTER: I am so sorry to hear about your friend. My prayers are with you and his family...for comfort. I wish I knew just what to say to comfort you, but since I don't, I will pray God will do that for you. What a good job you did at the Irish Pub!

HEART: I can relate on the peanut butter! I love the Smuckers, and Publix here has their own brand that is great...especially the chunky. I love peanuts...in any way. Maybe that is why I am such an elephant?!
Old 02-07-2003, 09:49 AM   #98  

It's Friday!!!

Well, I had a nice long post all done and my blankety-blank computer froze up and I lost it!!!

So here's the Readers' Digest version:

To those of you that are sick, feel better; if you're losing, good job; if you're not, keep trying. Have a good week-end everyone and I'll catch up later.

Trish
Old 02-07-2003, 10:30 AM   #99  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning Ladies!

I agree with Trish, Yeah it's Friday.

We did get some snow, but our roads were clear so that is alright. THey delayed schools for 2 hours. I don't know what they expect people to do that work.

Didn't doe anything last night but go to Sam's to get stuff for the office. Got home and did nothing. No workout at all. So will have to work that in sometime this weekend.

BOB, You can get a double beneift from the TOPS meeting. The meeting and exercise ifyu walk there. Yes Wild Oats had a produce section. ANd a cafe. They did have lots of crackers to choose from. I need to spend more time in there.

Zanne, for you making it 3.5 days. Just a bite of that cake. Don't let it get you in a tailspin. Wishes to your DH on his big 4 0. Glad you are feeling better.

Monet, boy you did have a busy day. Can't believe you had time to eat. Keep those fingers out of that icing today.

Heartmom, Good for you having an OP day. Prayers for your friend.

Quilter, sorry about your friend. Yes, he is in a better place. Kudos to you for choosing so wisely at the pub. That was tough to do. See how easy this is when we think about it.

Trish, loved the condensed version. Have a great weekend.

Need to run to a meeting. Be back later.

Jackie
257/163/145
10-10-01
Old 02-07-2003, 10:56 AM   #100  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good morning.

Just a little note to let you know I'm reading post. The kids are keeping me busy. Yesterday the propane ran out and then the batteries on the thermastate so it was nippy in the house...burrr. But the propane is refilled. Forgot the batteries last night but will work on that today. Missed having that back up.

well I need to print some math for the munchkins. Catch ya'll later.

Love,
Crystle
Old 02-07-2003, 11:33 AM   #101  

A Friday Quickie . . .

Started painting finally. I have one coat on the ceiling and am going to finish that now. I'm really wishing I had been lifting my weights for the past six months to assist me in this upper arm exercise. Ha!!! My "wings" are aching. LOL

Hope you all are having a nice day. JACKK, I thought of you when I woke up and saw the snow this morning. We only got 1-2. Nothing drastic. Just more slush and slop. Yes, I am definitely thinking about my food. It's going great! MONET, good luck with the cake decorating. I hope the gum works. Sounds like a great idea. Perhaps try to brush your teeth everytime you want to take a bite. That way you won't eat and your teeth will be getting extra special treatment.

Hugs to the rest of you.
Kim
Old 02-07-2003, 12:18 PM   #102  

Sorry I've been MIA so much lately. Life just hasn't slowed down much for me and I haven't had the time or energy to post lately. However, I have been eating OP and dropped at least 2 lbs, so that is the good news. I'm hoping to be able to get in a long post this weekend, in between the 9 appointments that I have for my part time job of pet sitting, so keep your fingers crossed for me.

I haven't had a chance to read through this weeks posts except for the last one from Quilter, so Lucky you girlfriend, having Friday off to be home painting. I'm going to start work on changing my kitchen to the Coca Cola theme that I've wanted to do since last spring. I have a weekend coming up with no pet appointments so I plan to start then. I may have to extend the theme beyond the kitchen now as I have a lot more items in my collection......too much for just one room.

Sorry I have to run and can't take time to read other posts to respond to. I did find a cute joke that I'd like to share for today.

Take Care,
Wendy

New Career?

A Gynecologist had become fed up with malpractice insurance and was on the verge of being burned out. Hoping to try another career where skillful hands would be beneficial, he decided to change careers and become a mechanic.

He found out from the local technical college what was involved, signed up for evening classes, attended diligently, and learned all he could. When the time for the practical exam approached, the Gynecologist prepared carefully for weeks, and completed the exam with tremendous skill.

When the results came back, he was surprised to find that he had obtained a score of 150%. Fearing an error, he called the instructor, saying "I don't want to appear ungrateful for such an outstanding result, but I wondered if there had been an error which needed adjusting."

The instructor said, "During the exam, you took the engine apart perfectly, which was worth 50% of the total mark. You put the engine back together again perfectly, which is also worth 50% of the mark." The instructor went on to say," I gave you an extra 50% because you did all of it through the muffler!!
Old 02-07-2003, 01:26 PM   #103  
sef

HiedieHo All!

Last night was the first night that I ate without having pains afterwards! HooRay for that!

I am trying to do some things. Am changing the bed and doing wash. Took pork chops out of freezer to broil for supper. Problem is I still get weak and tired. So it's do....rest...do....rest. Slow going.

I wasn't feeling too hot when I was talking to Kim a week ago. That night it just hit and by morning I could hardly walk. DIL and GD were in midst of a relapse of their problem, so at 6a DIL called DS to come to take me to Dr. when office opened. I was dehydrated and doc put me in hospital. I went thru a battery of tests and scopies at both ends. Basically I'm healthy, just had UTI and a couple of "Itises". Just don't realize how much 2 days of diarhea takes out of you!

But I saved some strength for a couple of FFs, if you don't laugh you cry!

This has been on my mind of late! LOL

A physician claims these are actual comments from his patients made while he was performing colonoscopies:

1. "Take it easy, Doc, you're boldly going where no man has gone before."

2. "Find Amelia Earhart yet?"

3. "Can you hear me NOW?"

4. "Oh boy, that was sphincterrific!"

5. "Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?"

6. "You know, in Arkansas, we're now legally married."

7. "Any sign of the trapped miners, Chief?"

8. "You put your left hand in, you take your left hand out. You do the
Hokey Pokey...."

9. "Hey!_ Now I know how a Muppet feels!"

10."If your hand doesn't fit, you must aquit!"

11. "Hey, Doc, let me know if you find my dignity."

12. "You used to be an executive at Enron, didn't you?"

13. "Could you write me a note for my wife, saying that my head is not,
in fact, up there?"

This has definitely not been on my mind of late!

A WEEK AT THE GYM

This is dedicated to every woman who ever attempted to get into a
regular workout routine.

Dear Diary...
For my fiftieth birthday this year, my husband (the sweet dear) purchased me a week of personal training at the local health club._ Although I am still in great shape (from playing on my high school softball team), I decided it would be a good idea to go ahead and give it a try.__ I called the club and made my reservations with a personal trainer named Bruce, who described himself as a 26 year old aerobics instructor, and model for athletic clothing and swim wear. My husband seemed pleased with my sudden enthusiasm to get started._ Well, the club encouraged me to keep a diary to chart my progress, so here it goes:

MONDAY:

Started my day at 6:00am._ Tough to get out of bed, but found it was well worth it when I arrived at the health club to find Bruce waiting for me. He is something of a Greek God with blond hair, dancing eyes and a dazzling white smile. Woo Hoo!!_ Bruce gave me a tour and showed me the machines._ He took my pulse after five minutes on the treadmill. He was alarmed that my pulse was so fast, but I attribute it to standing next to him in his Lycra aerobic outfit. I enjoyed watching the skillful way in which he conducted his aerobics class after my workout today. Very inspiring. Bruce was encouraging as I did my sit-ups, although my gut was already aching from holding it in the whole time he was around. This is going to be a FANTASTIC week!

TUESDAY:

I drank a whole pot of coffee, but I finally made it out the door. Bruce made me lie on my back and push a heavy iron bar into the air-then he put weights on it! My legs were a little wobbly on the treadmill,_ but I made the full mile._ Bruce's rewarding smile made it all worthwhile. I feel GREAT!! It's a whole new life for me.

WEDNESDAY:

The only way I can brush my teeth is by laying on the toothbrush on the counter and moving my mouth back and forth over it. I believe I have a hernia in both pectorals._ Driving was OK as long as I didn't try to steer or stop. I parked on top of a GEO in the club parking lot. Bruce was impatient with me, insisting that my screams bothered other club members. His voice is a little too perky for early in the morning and when he scolds, he gets this nasally whine that is VERY annoying. My chest hurt when I got on the treadmill, so Bruce put me on the stair monster. Why the_#$& would anyone invent a machine to simulate an activity rendered obsolete by elevators? Bruce told me it would help me get in shape and enjoy life. He said some other_#*$ too.

THURSDAY:

Bruce was waiting for me with his vampire-like teeth exposed as his thin, cruel lips were pulled back in a full snarl. I couldn't help being a half an hour late, it took me that long to tie my shoes. Bruce took me to work out with dumbbells. When he was not looking, I ran and hid in the men's room. He sent Lars to find me, then, as punishment, put me on the rowing machine-which I sank.

FRIDAY:

I hate Bruce more than any human being has ever hated any other human being
in the history of the world. Stupid, skinny, anemic little cheerleader. If there was a part of my body I could move without unbearable pain, I would beat him with it. Bruce wanted me to work on my triceps. I don't have any triceps! And if you don't want dents in the floor, don't hand me the &*@*#$ &*@*#$ barbells or anything that weighs more than a sandwich._ (Which I am sure you learned in the sadist school you attended and graduated magna cum
laude from.) The treadmill flung me off and I landed on a health and
nutrition teacher._ Why couldn't it have been someone softer, like the drama coach or the choir director?

SATURDAY:

Bruce left a message on my answering machine in his grating, shrilly voice wondering why I did not show up today. Just hearing him made me want to smash the machine with my planner. However, I lacked the strength to even use the TV remote and ended up catching eleven straight hours of the *$@#&&&&&&&& Weather Channel.

SUNDAY:

I'm having the Church van pick me up for services today so I can go and thank GOD that this week is over. I will also pray that next year my husband will choose a gift for me that is fun -- like a root canal or a hysterectomy!

Hmm!

An elderly spinster called a lawyer's office and told the receptionist she wanted to see a lawyer about having a will prepared. When the lawyer sat down with her, his first question was, "Would you please tell me what you have in assets and how you'd like them to be distributed under your will?"

She replied, "Besides the furniture and accessories you see here, I have $40,000 in my savings account at the bank."

"Tell me," the lawyer asked, "how would you like the $40,000 to be distributed?"

The spinster said, "Well, as I've told you, I've lived a reclusive life, people have hardly ever noticed me, so I'd like them to notice when I pass on. I'd like to provide $35,000 for my funeral."

The lawyer remarked, "Well, for $35,000 you will be able to have a funeral that will certainly be noticed and will leave a lasting impression on anyone who may not have taken much note of you! "But tell me," he continued, "what would you like to do with the remaining $5,000?"

The spinster blushed and replied, "As you know, I've never married, I've lived alone almost my entire life, and in fact I've never slept with a man. Before I die, I'd like you to use the $5,000 to arrange for a man to sleep with me."

"This is a very unusual request," the lawyer said, adding, "but I'll see what I can do to arrange it and get back to you."

That evening, the lawyer was at home telling his wife about the eccentric spinster and her weird request. After thinking about how much she could do around the house with $5,000, and with a bit of coaxing, she got her husband to agree to provide the service himself.

She said, "I'll drive you over tomorrow morning, and wait in the car until you're finished."

The next morning, she drove him to the spinster's house and waited while he went into the house. She waited for over an hour, but her husband didn't come out. So she blew the car horn.

Shortly, the upstairs bedroom window opened, the lawyer stuck his head out and yelled, "Pick me up tomorrow! She's going to let the county bury her!"

Will try to start answering posts, tomorrow.

Take care, Shirley
Old 02-07-2003, 03:21 PM   #104  

Hi ALL! So sorry that I have not been able to get to the board lately. Too much going on here. Have really missed all of you though!

Would not be posting today either, but I woke up with a BANG this morning & had to call in sick. Woke up with severe cramps, ran to the BR & sat on the throne, but feft so nauseated that I debated which end should be down if you know what I mean... well, next thing I know my head's in the waste basket & I feel like I'm going to faint, so I called out to dh & he came in & sponged my face with a cold cloth to keep me conscious. He said I didn't have a drop of color in my face & later when I could think straight, I looked in the mirror & he was right. Checked my pulse cause I was still feeling soooo weak & found that it was in the low 40's. What a difference from my usual mornings cause I have a history of tachycardia (fast heart rate) which I take medication for each morning! As a matter a fact, when I did finally make it out of bed during the late morning, my pulse was back to it's usual before medication, in the 120's. Don't know what that was all about, but it was NOT a good feeling. Anyway, after dh put me back to bed, he called & told them to find a replacement for me today, so here I am. Feeling better this afternoon, but still not great. No energy what-so-ever.

Well as usual I'm really behind on posts so I will try to catch up, but starting with WIW instead of Monday. Sorry if I miss anything or anyone, it's not intentional.

QUILTER/Kim, Sorry to hear of your friends' passing. I had a dear friend, a Pastor's wife who was buried Monday also. Such a beautiful loving person, always put others ahead of herself. I really admired her, but like you, I know she's now in heaven so that is a comfort. Prayers for you!

Debelli, Thanks for the info you emailed about the books on ebay! I did get "A Taste of Lebanon" & excited to try some goodies from it. DH was excited that I was able to get one at a good price, altough mine is paperback, it's new. I also got a canning without sugar book coming.

SEF Sorry to hear that you were in the hospital! Glad you're up & about, even though it's slow going. Take care!! Have been battling a UTI here too, but don't think it or the medication had anything to do with this morning's episode. the FF as usual.

DawnStorm, Feel better soon!

Tranquil, Girl, you need something to boost your immune system! You have been soooo sick this winter. Do feel better soon!

Heartmom, Congrats on getting back to your low!! Keep up the good work. Don't eat the cake I love pb too. It's an easy & quick breakfast if I don't have the time to fix something. Just spread a little on a slice of SGWW toast & go with a cup of coffee. Holds my energy level up during a busy morning at work.

linworthlady, I hate that when I don't save something right when I find it cause it's so hard to find it again. I do that all the time. You'd think we'd learn by now huh? LOL

miata1997, What part of Louisiana is your dd from? I live in SW LA, near the coast. Sounds like you & dd had a good visit.

Zanne Hope your dh's BD was enjoyable without too much cake intact on your part LOl The outing Sat. sounds nice. I love the Chicken salad from Wendy's. I just ask for the ranch dressing instead of the honey mustard that comes with it. I also love their Taco salad there, just leave off the chips & salsa. I find that is a better choice than Taco Bell's Taco salad because I'm too tempted to eat the shell. LOL

Monet, Sounds like you had a really busy & fun day yesterday! Sounds like you're a great cook.

Trishaloo, You sound busy too. Have a great week end. Having been thinking about calling you, but have not got around it yet. Hey, I found the seasoning you told us about when we were shopping in FL that first night. I used some last night on some stir fried veggies, really good flavor!

Jack-K Glad to hear that you didnot get toooo much snow

Country, oh girl, it's too cold to be without propane. Glad it's filled up again. Stay warm!

Serene,I can relate with the MIA due to being busy. That's how I feel lately, like life is moving too fast for me to get here & catch up with friends & posts, but that's life & it goes on wheather we catch up or not. LOL Glad to hear that you're still OP. Me too, but the weight is not coming down as much as I would like it. Well, at least it's down compared to last week. LOL

Well, I've managed to catch up with the last 2 pages. Horrah! I have accomplished something today. Now I'm gone to finish with the crochet baby blanket for my great nephew, so that I can give it to him tomorrow. He's almost a month old now & I have yet to see him. I have one more side & then the last round to put on it.

My dh, Vickie is pretty much settled in her new home. We are giving her a House Warming Party tomorrow afternoon to help with the things that she still needs to replace from the hurricane. It looks like it should be a good turn out. Several of the ladies at church suggested that we do it there & they plan to help with the refreshments.

Will try to stay in touch more often, but if I'm not here, please know that it's not because I don't want to be, it's just due to life passing me by
Old 02-07-2003, 03:34 PM   #105  

Hello ladies,

I'M BACK! We survived the marathon trip to Atlanta. Really liked the dermatologist we consulted with and we'll be starting laser treatments within a couple of months. Marshall's inter-ocular pressure was back up in his bad eye, so he's on eye drops again. So far he's not fighting me much on it, but once he realizes this will be happening twice everyday I know the fight will start.

We had a really nice visit with DH's family on the way back. His dad just bought a farm and they're getting ready to start building themselves a new home there. It's going to be beautiful when it's done.

I did pretty good on my eating this week. I did have a few problems while eating dinners with the families, but I was on the wagon the rest of the trip.

I'm feeling really frustrated right now. I'm sick and tired of being a working mom. I want to be with my baby full-time! Right now I have to work because DH doesn't have a full-time job or any benefits. He's been talking about moving back to South Georgia and I'm seriously considering the idea this time. He's been trying for two years to get a career-type job in Tallahassee and it's just not happening. He hasn't even been able to get an interview around here. Since it's a big university town, they want to see lots of experience before most places will even call you. That's tough when you're just out of the big university. He's already had a couple of nibbles up near Tifton where his dad lives so we're looking into it. Please be praying for some guidance for us in this.

Sorry, I haven't ready ANY posts! I'll be keeping up from here on out.

--Kat
Closed Thread