Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

View Poll Results: What is your favorite condiment?
Butter/Margarine 7 21.21%
Ketchup 4 12.12%
Mustard 5 15.15%
Mayo/Sandwich Spread 3 9.09%
Hot Sauce 3 9.09%
Relish 1 3.03%
BBQ Sauce 1 3.03%
Sour Cream 0 0%
Salad Dressing 4 12.12%
Trojan 2 6.06%
Other 3 9.09%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2003, 07:39 PM   #76  

Default Wednesday Night

Hi Friends!

What a day! It was going really well and then on my way into work I called a good friend who told me that another one of our old friends is losing his battle with cancer. In September he found out he had non-Hogkins lymphoma. Surgery and chemo did nothing to help, and now he's near the end of his life here on earth. I was stunned that he'd gone down hill so fast. I just talked to him last month and he sounded weak and unsure what would happen. At least now he knows. So that news threw me for a loop this morning. I cried off every bit of my mascara and tried to get my eyes less red before I went into the office. I'm just really sad about his death. He has a very strong faith and knows he's going to a better place, I just don't understand why he has to leave so soon. You just hate to see one of the "good guys" leaving.

Well, sorry to be such a downer, but I have to share with you all what's going on. I don't really feel much like talking tonight. So I'm going to sign off and not address everyone individually. I know you all understand. I will catch you all tomorrow night after work. Please know that you all are in my thoughts. I am hoping that we all have another great eating day tomorrow. Does anybody have any tips for staying on program? I keep thinking about the question that Moms raised about why do we fall/jump off the wagon when we know how much trouble we will have when we make that wrong choice.

Take care.
Kim
Old 02-05-2003, 07:57 PM   #77  
SUPER CHICK aka Moderator

Hey All

I don't have but a minute to write, I'm only on the computer because Michael has me holding for Lexmark because our printer is down and he's in dire need of it to be fixed.

Sorry I wasn't at chat last night, the computer was being utilized for homework by Michael with Lauren waiting her turn. I just went to sleep a bit after 9pm.

I was MIA all day. Mom called me at the last second and asked if I wanted to shmize (run around) with her today, so jumped in the shower and off I went, getting home a bit after 5pm.

Going to go to the church and volunteer tomorrow and hopefully will be able to get on at some point without having to fight for the computer. At least it does pay off when it comes to the kids, both got their report cards, Michael straight "A"s and 1 B on hit mid-term in French, the rest A's. Lauren 4 "A"'s and 2 "B"'s - I'm happy

Gotta run - seems like Lexmark isn't answering, not sure what to do!!!!! Oh here they are!! YEAH!!!!!

Debbie
Old 02-05-2003, 09:03 PM   #78  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Kim...

Praying for you and your friends. It's never easy to lose someone you love and cancer is such a cruel disease.

Love,
Crystle
Old 02-05-2003, 11:08 PM   #79  
sef

HiedieHo All!

Just a quickie. I did browse a bit. Thanx for the good thoughts and prayers. I am feeling better, but tire easily. Anything I eat hurts my stomach for an our or two afterwards.

So just taking it easy. Proud of myself, I emptied dishwasher today and threw chicken breasts in pan to bake. That was it!

Will check in again.

Shirley
Old 02-06-2003, 07:33 AM   #80  

Thursday....

I am organizing a church shower for one of my friends tonight. She had a due date of Feb 16 but the doctor said she was already engaged on Tuesday so it could be coming earlier. I told her that is fine, just as long as it is AFTER the shower! It is her first baby and she is so excited about everything, including this shower. I said, *Of course you are excited. Who wouldn't be excited about being the centre of attention and getting all kinds of gifts for you and your baby?!* I used to love all my baby showers so I want this to be a nice one for her. She is my *friend* here at the church. Sometimes it is hard for the Pastor's wife to get real friends in the congregation without others being jealous and silly things like that. However, she has turned out to be wonderful and I enjoy mentoring her through Bible studies and now she will have a baby so it will be even more fun to share stories and advice. Okay, enough babbling about that...

My weight is the same again today and that is okay. I plan to keep it that way even with this shower tonight and all the goodies. I will prevail!!!

QUILTER- I am so sorry to hear of your friend. Cancer is a wretched thing and it happened so quickly. It is good to hear he is a believer and knows where he is going. It takes the sting out of death knowing that you will see him again but it still hurts and he will be missed. Try to rest in the comfort that He provides and which surpasses all understanding. Wrap yourself in His love. I will pray for you and his family. {hugs} You know where to go for true comfort, Kim, don't go to the food.

DEBELLI- Your kids did great again! Bragging rights go to you girl as the Mom!!

SEF- Glad you're feeling a little better. Perhaps today will be the complete turning point for you.

TRANQUIL- Hope your son gets better soon. How terrible for him to have to go through this for so long. I remember having my tonsils out at age 16 because I kept getting sick....not fun. Hopefully the meds will get him back in order sooner!

I can't remember what else was posted on the other page. Gotta post here!
Old 02-06-2003, 07:37 AM   #81  

Oh, I remember LDBLOND! Your poor new puppy. We had a Border Collie that was fanastic. She was the smartest little thing and lived to be nearly 14 years old. I took her to Agility classes and she learned how to run through tunnels, jump over things, climb walls and all of that. I hope she is okay. Your poor kids getting all excited about their new puppy don't need to have her taken away already. Distemper is bad but the kennel cough can be resolved. Let us know how it goes.
Old 02-06-2003, 09:43 AM   #82  

Just a quick note...

Scale is up a pound today...but since it is PMS time, no sweat on it. Wanted to do treadmill today, but decided to take a day off. Maybe I will hop on it later.

They asked me to develop curriculum for the children for the all church retreat, so I have been doing some research this morning, and looking over resources. I am still baking cakes, and have the mother of the groom, my friend, coming over any minute to visit, and make pimento cheese and other things for the reception. Busy busy!

Daughter is doing ok...too soon to tell if medication is helping much...

Catch you all later!
Old 02-06-2003, 10:57 AM   #83  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Good Thursday Morning,

Well we are expecting snow again today. Hope it passes over us and we don't get much. Every channel is predicting a differnt amount.

DD has now joined the world of debt and the American Way. THey closed on their new home today. We will be moving SIL2B in on Saturday and hanging curtains, painting, etc.

Bob, Quickly ran thru Wild Oats last nite. Didn't see what you are so excited about. Didn't see anything good for SB. No ww breads or tortillias. They did have agave for $2.79 which is a lot cheaper than what I paid. Let me know if there is something I should be looking for there.

Tranquil, hope your dear son is feeling better soon.

Quilter, So sorry to hear about your friend. Just keep in mind that he doesn't want to go through life like he is living it now. He will be in a much better place. Reflect on the good times and good memories with him,not that you are losing him. I think the reason we get off program even knowing what it does to us is that we really don't think about it at the time. We see something we want to eat and eat it without thinking about the consequences. If we stopped and thought about it and asked ourselves what we want most, that to eat or to be thin, I think we would pass most of the time. I just don't think we think.

Deb, Give Lauren and Michael a big pat on their backs for those great grades. That is awesome. Hope you got that printer fixed. I had trouble with my Lexmark. The cartridges are slamming against the sides. My sister's is doing the same thing.

Sef, take it easy and don't overdo. Just get some rest.

Gracious, How sweet of you to throw a shower for your friend. I'm sure it will be nice and I know you will prevail.

Monet, Good attitude about that lb. It will be gone tomorrow. Have a fun day making all that "stuff".

Going to lunch with a friend. Probably taco salad from Taco Bell.

Have a great OP day. Be back after lunch.

Jackie
257/163/145
10-10-01
Old 02-06-2003, 12:57 PM   #84  
Hanging in There

Unhappy Hi I'm back

Recovering from bronchitis, but I am ambulatory...All that's left is the dry hacking cough that spits up nothing and just makes my throat sore. At least it's not as bad as my first bout with it back in 1998. My doctor told me then that my allergies make me prone to bronchitis. Guess my luck had to run out sometime though: this is the first infectious condition I've had since 1998.
Old 02-06-2003, 01:17 PM   #85  

Default Hellooooo

Well guess what? I caught his bug! I have serious sinusitis and a sore throat from the sinus yuch - and starting to feel pretty ichy....I have a prescription coming to me of new antibiotics and sinus meds - and hopefully I will kick it!

JackK - Congrats to your DD and SIL2B!! Hope you just get a dusting of snow...something that will dissolve fast and not cause too much havoc!

Monet - Glad to hear your DD is doing better, and has meds to help. Enjoy your wedding festivities....and don't worry about the # if it is pms time

Gracious - what a lucky friend you have to make sure she has a wonderful shower!!!! Hopefully my kidlet will be on the mend after today - he is up and eating soup from the chinese restaurant. My Gram is taking care of him while I work.

Sef - I am glad to hear that you are feeling better - hey, on the bright side, the scale might be really good to you Take care!!!

Deb - Give the kids a high 5 from me! That is terrific!!!!!! I guess you and me were on the same wave length Tuesday night - I missed Chat because of sleep!

Quilter - {{HUGS}} I am sorry to hear your news! It is hard to know you are losing a friend or loved one to a type of cancer that cannot be cured/contained! And I have had another great OP day and today as well, even though I could easily run out and grab a smoothie loaded in sugar just to soothe my throat! hahaha - but I did not give in - instead I am having a Low Fat Cafe Latte with sweetnlo....so you have given great encouragement to all of us and hope that you are doing as well too!!! We are all right here for you!!!

Hello to all I have missed, my time has run out, must run!

Sabrina
Old 02-06-2003, 02:03 PM   #86  

Default Dawnstorm

Hope you feel better soon!!!!! We were posting at the same time

Sabrina
Old 02-06-2003, 03:29 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 278/163/143

Height: 5'8"

Well, the scale said 210(my low) this morning- but I think it's lying I haven't exercised the past 2 days- but I've been so busy. When I get off the computer, I will pop the 2 mile tape in and walk away those pounds,lol. I really haven't ate that much the past 2 days either because I haven't been home as much as normally. Today, it's raining and I've been here all day so I've had breakfast(orange and nsa yogurt), lunch(leftover spaghetti meat and sauce with a salad) AND a legal sandwich. Finally, I'm full I bet it will be at 211 tomorrow- but that's still good considering it was 216 Monday morning. I think I will eat before I go to Mickey D's Saturday. Although, I might have a little piece of cake
I don't know what's wrong with Boogie today, but he's being a total whiny butt,ugh! I can barely type cause he's clinging to me.

QUILTER- It's so sad when someone we love passes-especially when they have to "suffer." I'm always deeply saddened when I hear of a heart child's passing- it's so unfair. I don't know why it has to happen. I don't know why my Boogie had to be born with this and sometimes the uncertainity of his lifespan gets to me but then I have to remember that we are never promised tomorrow, only today. There is a reason and purpose for everything. You can bet that when I meet God, that's going to be my first question.
Old 02-06-2003, 03:33 PM   #88  

This is driving me crazy. I saw a recipe yesterday on the web for spicy chicken that included agave, worcestershire and spices--and I can't remember where I saw it. Does this sound familiar to anyone?
I also got a recipe for banana spice cake from our Suzanne --from a loop. Did everyone get that one, and if not, would anyone want it?
Old 02-06-2003, 04:26 PM   #89  

Hi there!!! Miata here..I have been MIA. My daughter was here from Louisana and I just spent every minute with her I possible could..did bad the first week she was here, jumped off the wagon and gained 1.5 lbs...I was not thrilled but I knew it was coming. We went out to dinner/lunch, had marguritas, and stuff. Then right before she left we went out parting tog..(with designated driver of course) and boy did I have fun.. I have wanted to do that for 4 years. But it was never the right time. This time it was and It was fun..She took real good care of me..I don't do that ever so just going out and haveing more than 1 margurita was fun. After she left I tried to get back on track and lost 1.75 lbs but I think it was only 1.5. I think the tops lady was very leniant and I think it was only 1.5. But I wil take the 1.75. Trying to stay op now. started drinking my water today, did't drink any yesterday.

Quilter I am really sorry about your friend. It is hard to see your friends die. One of my neighbors died and I had a lot of regrets..I didn't go visit enough. I wish I had gone to her house just to visit and talk more.. I always came up with excuses like maybe she didn't want to be bothered. I think she would have like to be bothered. I made her a quilt that had all her grand childs pitures on it and she liked that . I should have started and finnished it as soon as I found out how bad the cancer was so she could have enjoyed the quilt for longer than she did...It did hang at her funeral. I think I will have the quilt hang at the quilt shop during Breast Cancer awareness month at the local quilt shop. Go see your friend, he he is still here, go see him.

Bye for now..

Kathy/Miata
Old 02-06-2003, 04:45 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Just a quickie before I head home.

No snow here yet. Still predicting it though.

No big plans tonite, may go to Sams for the office.

Dawnstorm, Sorry you are under the weathr, hope you are feeling better soon.

Tranquil, I can't believe you are sick too. You better start popping some major vitamins and "C" and get over this one quicker than the last.

Heartmom, Yeah for 210. Hope Boogies isn't coming down with something too.

Linworth, yes, please post the banana spice recipe.

Miata, Glad you had a great time with DD> SOmetimes you just have to let your hair down and PARTAY!! Those lbs. will drop right off.

Have a great night

Jackie
Closed Thread