S/C/G: 199/199/140

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Everyone,
HAPPY 4TH to all!!!!!!!

LOVE & Blessings,
Mary
ATSBeautiful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 05:10 PM   #18  

A friend took me out for my birthday to lunch today. It was such a nice afternoon and I really enjoyed it. This month is just whizzing by. Its good and hot here. Wish this board would get moving.
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 07:41 PM   #19  

Hi Everyone

We are getting ready for the MPKS Chicago Koi Show this weekend. I'm not looking forward to the 14 hour drive but at least 90% of it will be at night. We'll be a lot cooler & hopefully traffic will be minimal.

Treatments are going OK but I still get sick after each one. I'm assuming it's detox. Oh well.....

Toni : Happy Birthday !!!!

Where is everyone? Hope you all are doing well & on plan.

Love & Blessings,
Mary

Last edited by ATSBeautiful; 07-08-2009 at 07:42 PM.
Old 07-11-2009, 09:51 AM   #20  

Unhappy Board shutting down

Ive been checking this site for about a month and it seems real quiet
My blood sugars have been horrible and went on sugarbusters and almost immeitetly my sugars are down
alice6107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 03:06 PM   #21  

Alice I don't know why this board is so slow. It has some wonderful women on it. I think summertime has got them. Its good to see you posting. Sugar Busters is a great program. Keep on maybe we can get this board going again.
Old 07-14-2009, 04:57 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi Ladies,
Sorry I have been MIA. I was going thru a down period but boy things are sure looking up now. Last Friday my DD got a call that they had ababy for her. It's a boy, 7 lbs 13 oz, 21" long. Boy are we on cloud nine. He is simply adorable. I still can't believe it is real. They only waited 4 months after finishing the classes and to get an all white baby is nearly impossible (not that it mattered to us). Plus her best friend had a boy the same day and exact same time. The situation sounds good as far as the mother not changing her mind. I am still praying hard for that and ask that you do the same for me. It is truly a miracle and we are very blessed.

No time for replies today, will be back tommor for that.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 07:14 PM   #23  

Oh my gosh Solly its just wonderful. I already sent up good prayers for your daughter and new baby. Thats just the best news. And bet you're going to be the best Grandma..... I'm sorry you've been down. I've been trouble with that to. I just can't seem to get a hold of my life. But I'm trying again.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:56 PM   #24  

Just checking in. Making a shrimp salad for dinner. Guess I haven't much to talk about. Someone speak up please..
Old 07-15-2009, 08:47 PM   #25  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Howdy!

Hey ya'll. I know I said I wouldn't leave but the board was so quiet. It was a bad move on my part....seventeen pounds later I'm back again. The ticker is updated and I can't say I'm very happy with myself. Over the last three years I've gained 35 pounds...errrr. I really really really don't want to gain the other 40 back. I prayed this morning and asked God to help me get a handle on this eating instead of the food controlling me. So far so good.

It is awesome to see some familiar faces.

Love and hugs,
Crystle
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 10:04 PM   #26  

Welcome back Crystle. Its so good to see you posting. I can't believe how slow we are.
Old 07-17-2009, 02:44 PM   #27  

Default Good afternoon

Hi Toni and everybody. I hope things pick up. Talking and sharing really helps in the journey. This morning was a test and I passed. Homemade biscuits and sausage gravy. None passed these lips. I had some bing cherries instead. They were on sale last week for .99 a pound. An unbelievable price for our area. I think lunch may be refried bean soup. It's delicious and SO easy. I just use a couple of cups of either broth or water and bullion and a can of refried beans and some chopped onion. Cayenne adds that extra bite that tops it off.

Exercise is not in the picture right now. There is zero motivation. I'm hoping to start walking at some point, but one step at a time. Win the fight with food first.

I hope everyone is having a GREAT day. Remember it's all about keeping on keeping on.

God bless,
Crystle
Old 07-17-2009, 03:38 PM   #28  

Hi Crystle and all.... I'm with you on the exercise. I just have no desire right now. I need to get the eating in control. Whats making it bad for me is DH's working hours. He works the night shift and gets home between 12 and 1 a.m. He's hungry then and I wait up for him so I am to. Last night I had cheese and crackers. I was so mad at myself but I did it any way. He retires in Oct. so hopefully we can do some regular hours. Of course thats no excuse. How bout your garden Crystle?
Old 07-17-2009, 05:24 PM   #29  

Default Howdy

Well, I didn't opt for the soup but made a nice tuna wrap with a whole wheat tortilla. And it's official I am stuffed. Toni, the garden is through for the summer unless I plant some peas next week. We had a bunch of first this year. We got several spaghetti and butternut squash. We also had three watermelon and about six cantaloupes. Hopefully next year won't be so dry and we'll do even better. But I feel blessed for the things we did harverst. I finally quit picking the okra because there was so much. I'm letting it go to seed for next year. Oh and we found a snake melon plant and it actually produced. They are basically a different kind of cucumber.

Love and hugs,
Crystle
Old 07-18-2009, 09:05 AM   #30  

Hi Everyone!!!

It has been sooooo busy with us! We just got back from Chicago Mon morning,my DH best friend father passed away this week, trying to catch up on my houses all week & today we leave for SC. I think I have Jet Lag.....LOL.

Solly: Prayers to your DD & new son. You're going to be a Fantastic Grandma.

Toni: Hope all is well with you. DH schedule is hard ...Wow, hang in there.

Alice: WELCOME !!! Hang in with us eventually we'll get going on this board.

Crystle: Honey I am soooooo glad you are back! Your picture is absolutely gorgeous & I've missed your posts. Our garden is just starting to produce....watering like crazy(DH). God Bless!

LOVE & Blessings,
Mary