Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Old 07-18-2009, 12:09 PM   #31  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Good Morning

Thank you Mary. My hubby got at just the right angle to hide the double chin. Where are you headed in SC? I have family in Pagland and Jefferson I think. The Carolinas are just beautiful. Of course growing up there I am a bit biased. We moved to Texas in the late 70's where we finished growing up...LOL Enjoy those veggies.

Love and hugs,
Crystle
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 12:55 PM   #32  

Hello ladies; Wow we've got a little cool front here and it feels so good. Guess today I'll do some laundry and piddle around the house. Right now I'm just having my first cup of coffee and is it ever good. Guess we'll grill some steaks tonight or maybe a pork tenderloin. Maybe just have a nice green salad with it.

Mary- Sorry about your DH's friend's father passing. Lucky you with a garden this year. I didn't even get my tomatoes in the pots this year. I'm missing them so bad.

Crystle- Oh my gosh a tuna wrap sounds so good. I just love tuna and have never made a wrap.

Well guess I should get ready and do something in this house. Have a great Sat.
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 12:11 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 199/199/140

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Everyone,
We are headed out the door....bought a ceiling fan for our bedroom this morning & now my DH is treating me to Chinese & Harry Potter. LOL I love the veggies & hot n' sour soup. I have a treatment tomorrow...YUCK!!!!! I hate I.V.s. Oh well...maybe I'll be able to start my raw food lifestyle by August, .

Crystle: I don't believe you have a double chin for one moment. Wish I had your hair!! We went to Enman,SC for a koi social (DH gave a talk on koi food). Where are you from in the carolinas? I've been all over but nothing compares to home...I love the trees here.We were thinking of taking a trip to San Antonio, are you close by?
God Bless.

Toni: I wish it would cool off here and rain. Everything is wilting a bit. Coffee is my down fall, I love it with Heavy Cream only. Steaks sound soooo good. I'm going to have to give up ALL animal products for many months. Yikes! Enjoy your day & God Bless.

Love & Blessings to all,
Mary

Last edited by ATSBeautiful; 07-20-2009 at 12:12 PM.
ATSBeautiful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2009, 06:07 PM   #34  

Good afternoon. Nothing going on here today but this week end DH got my new kitchen faucet in. Woo Hoo I love it. Eating has been just so so....

Mary- Hope you have a good time at the movies. Yum I love chinese food.

Crystle- How you doing today?

Hello to everyone else....
Old 07-20-2009, 07:52 PM   #35  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

Thought I had better check in. It's hot as you know what down here...we had a good rain storm this morning and it actually cooled everything off for about 5 minutes!

Let's see if I can catch y'all up.....

Took Kate for a regular check up Thursday and the Dr discovered an Atrial Flutter. He admitted her to the hospital and she is still there. They started her on coumadin and hopefully when the levels get where they need to be, she can come home. We are waiting on results of a stress test also. She had a carotid study done and the results of that were good, so she won't have to have that surgery done. Her heart was beating 106 per minute and they started her on medication to regulate that. When the Dr gave her the news about the carotid study, she perked right up and even sounds better. Her medical Dr was convinced she would have to have surgery to clean out the arteries. Keep your fingers crossed the levels will be ok tomorrow. She's getting antsy, but loves all the attention she's getting.

I'm still not working, but it comes at a good time since I'll need to attend to her when she comes home. She doesn't need to be by herself with these problems.

I've lost 31lbs and I really believe that is from lack of work stress. I hadn't weighed since Febuary and went to the Dr last month. When I saw the numbers on that scale, I wanted to jump up and down! I want to change my paxil to something different as weight gain (constant) is the big side effect of the drug. It's almost impossible to lose weight while taking it. When I take Kate for her next appointment, I'll consult with the Dr about it.

That's about it on this end. Sounds like everyone is doing well. Sorry I've been such a slacker on the board. I'll try to do better!

I'm off to see what I can get in to.

JACKEE....CONGRATS on the baby....send me a picture!

BOB
THE BIG ORANGE BABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 09:47 AM   #36  

Default Good morning

Sharing my first weigh-in since being back on plan....minus 4 I know it's mostly water but it still gives me that ump to keep on trying. I had a few no-no's this weekend but I tried really hard to not totally jump off plan.

Mary...thank you for your kind words. We used to live in Charlotte back in the 70's. Daddy worked for Exxon and they transfered us to Texas in 77. We are about four hours from San Antonio. Both my hubby and I would like to go sometime to visit the Alamo and the Riverwalk. My nephew lives there and just loves it. Why do you have to go on a raw veggie diet?

Bob...how good to see you. ((Bob)) Awesome on the weight loss.

Toni. ..do you just love your new faucet? We need a new sprayer on the kitchen sink. It gets stuck on and the kids love to turn it off and have me come in and get squirted..LOL

Solly...hey lady. Hope you are doing good so far this week.

I hope and pray ya'll have a SUPER day.

God bless,
Crystle

Last edited by CountryMom4Him; 07-21-2009 at 09:59 AM.
Old 07-21-2009, 12:41 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi Ladies

I am just back to work. I took off Friday and Monday and stayed with my DD and new grandson. He is adorable and I just love being with him. I sure wish I could retire and keep him for her when she returns to work (teacher). Needless to say eating has been off the wall. I am afraid to get on the scale. May bite the bullet and do that tomorrow. Exercising has been cut back a lot. With the baby and me staying out there plus my foot. I had my last trainer session last week and did not renew until things settle down with the baby and I get the boot off my foot (which will probably be another 4 weeks). So I will do what I can when I can and try to start eating right again soon.

Bob glad to see you back posting. Congrats on the loss. I would never be that lucky. Hope Kate is out of the hospital soon. Coumadin in hard to regulate. At least the arteries are good. I just had a friend have that done at age 53.

Crystle, Glad you are back posting. I know what you mean about eating. It has been a merry-go-round here and exercise is the last thing on my mind.

Toni, It will be nice when your hubby retires. We got new faucets last Dec and I love them. Funny how things like that make us happy.

Mary, Sorry about your Dh's father. Sounds like you are running around like crazy. Hope you get some rest in the SC.

Ellen, where are you. Seems like you haven't posted in a long time.

Got to go, have lots of work to catch up on. Be back when I can.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 09:08 PM   #38  

Hi everybody. Just finished a dinner of dreamfields pasta and spraggetti sauce with italian sausage. I'm stuffed. Its been a while since I haven't just had a salad for dinner. Not losing any weight.

Bob- I'm sorry Kate has to be in the hospital. Hope she gets well and can come home soon. Wow you rock with your weight. 31 lbs is so great. Congradulations.

Crystle- Great weight loss!!!! You did so good. The week end are the hardest.

Solly- I know you're just enjoying that new grandbaby so much. You'll get back on eating right. Just allot going on for you right now.

Well off to watch Big Brother.....
Old 07-22-2009, 08:47 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 199/199/140

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Everyone,
I had a treatment yesterday & am really super tired today. Hope you all are well. I'll check in tomorrow.

Love & God Bless you All !!!

Mary
ATSBeautiful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 01:19 PM   #40  

Default Good afternoon

Howdy ya'll. Eating is in the pits right now. There are some things going on that I should be praying about intstead of eating about. It's just SO hard.

Mary..I hope you are feeling better today. ((hugzz))

Toni..how is your week going?

Solly...awesome on the grand baby. Enjoy every second. You'll get the diet and exercise back. We all have off times.

Bob...hope all is still well with you and Kate.

God bless,
Crystle
Old 07-23-2009, 01:49 PM   #41  

Hey ladies. I've been thinking about you lately and thought I should check in. Looks like it's been a slow summer!

I''ve got 3 weeks left of the Atlanta Momma's Biggest Loser competition that I joined. And guess who's in first place? YEah. I'm pretty darn competitive. I'm down to 181 lbs and fitting into size 10!!!! I mean, I was an 18 this time last year!! It's been great and I've volunteered to moderate for the next round of AM BL here. It'll keep me going. Really I'm jsut exercising every day and sticking to my food allerigies. I've lost about 10% of my body weight in 11 weeks.

The kids are great. Selah started first grade last week (year round school) and we are remodeling the kitchen so the house is a little wild. I'm working a lot and just dealing with my kiddos. Life is busy.

Anyway, I miss you guys!!
Talitha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 12:03 AM   #42  

Hello all. Its been a great day today. I haven't been feeling real good but today was different. I felt good and ate great. I hope the week end is good and eating goes as well.

Mary- Glad your treatment is over and hope you rested up.

Crystle- I know how hard this is. You can do it. One hour at a time.

Talitha- Its so good to see you posting. Congrads on doing so well.

Well its late so I'll go....
Old 07-24-2009, 11:40 AM   #43  

Hello, everyone!

Sorry I have been MIA. No excuses...just lazy and busy as usual.

We are having a big pool party for our area for our church tomorrow. I ought to be cleaning and stuff, but I am dragging my feet about getting started. In a few minutes, I will head out to the pool store in hopes of finding some replacement parts for the ladder. Pool stuff is very specialized, not standardized and therefore very expensive! The pool vac, made from about $5 of materials, costs $500 or more...its ridiculous!

I have been struggling with my blood sugar levels. I am trying to walk every day again, and it has been rather hard to get into the habit. I do swim every day, but that is not enough.

Its good to see Country and Bob on here...and some new folks too! I hope to get to know the new folks better!

Ok, off to run errands!

SOLLY: Congrats on the grandson! You are going to LOVE being a grandmother! Its SO much fun!

BOB: Will be praying for you and for Kate...keep us posted!

Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 01:13 PM   #44  

Default Howdy

It is cloudy here but still not rainy. It is SO dry. I can't remember when we've been in this deep of a drought situation. Praise God for air conditioning, I just stay inside and try to stay cool. Eating has been less than stellar but I'm trying to get back in the swing of things.
My son put the sunflowers to dry on the porch the other day. I kept on him about putting the seeds in a bag. Well, he didn't listen and my chickens are loving my sunflower seeds..LOL Gotta love farm life. Most of the chickens live in a coop but I have three that run around just being fun to watch. We also have some geese running around. Two of them are finding it fun to chase us. Good thing is they are still young enough we can chase them off. We used to have one that LOVED to torture me. My hubby would just laugh when "Louie" would chase me across the yard.

Talitha...awesome on the weight loss. It's good to see you.

Ellen..((hugzz)) Good to see you too.

Toni..I'm so glad you are feeling better.

Solly...hope you are having a super day and not working too hard. At least it's Friday.

Love and hugs,
Crystle
Old 07-24-2009, 06:57 PM   #45  

A hot day in Missouri. It got up to around 96 today. Our air conditioners are going strong. Haven't really got much done today. Tomorrow we're supposed to go grocery shopping. I need some veggies.

Ellen- Its good to see you posting. I missed hearing your good posts. Sorry about your blood sugars. At least you have the pool to exercise in.

Crystle- I laughed at the your story about the chicks eating the sunflowers and the geese chaseing you. I had two once that were so mean I was afraid of them. I gave them to my sister and they used to chase her hogs.

Hope everyone has a good healthy week end.