Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 05:30 PM   #16  
sef

ANOTHER GOOD GIRL!! MONET. Glad you had such a nice time with your friend. It is fun to do things like that. Great that you have the same interests. My best firend and I are opposites. Marylou never saw a store she couldn't shop in. I know what I want go in get it and go out. Unfortunately we both like to eat! Marylou doesn't know what end to thread on a needle. Doesn't read, stitch or cross words etc. I don't know why we are friends but after 52 years there must be something that's attracts us.

A little excitement here. Bitsy and Chloe, DIL's dog, were racing around the yard as they are wont to do. Bitsy is so small that she cuts corners to keep up with Chloe. She either cut a corner too close or Chloe shouldered her and Kevin heard a queer sound. When he came out of the shed Bisty was paddling frantically in the pool! Fortunately he didn't have to dive in, he was able to reach out and grab her by the scruff of her neck and pull her out. DS says he doesn't think she would have gotten out on her own. One wet dog, still chasing around.

I used to go to flea markets and yard sales and would buy picture frames for my stitching projects. Some would only need a polish, others I would paint to blend in with my project. I have about 10-12 big ones, 16x20, 18x24. The other day there was an article in the paper that STARRC was looking for large picture frames for their artwork, which they sell. I called and they are thrilled to get so many at once. Monday after we entertain I will take them over to their site. STARRC is a center for MR clients. They have a couple of projects for closed workshops. One they recycle Mardi Gras beads. Size them, bag them and sell them. Now they are doing artwork. The article said they got $350 for one of their pictures. So my frames have found a good home and DS has more room in the shed.

May good things happen, Shirley

Old 03-03-2007, 09:04 PM   #17  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

Evening EVERY BUDDY

Just passing through...I'll jump back in tomorrow with a REAL POST!

BOB
Old 03-03-2007, 10:54 PM   #18  

I love the avatar Bob......
Old 03-04-2007, 08:15 AM   #19  

BOB: Are you trying to tell us something with that new avatar? Some new virus, or something?

Kiln fired off late last night...I can't wait to open it, but I need to! Another four hours at least. I feel SO impatient! I woke up with a terrible headache and my bg was way too high again. Grrr. I am so frustrated about it.

Old 03-04-2007, 11:40 AM   #20  
sef

Hia all,

I'm getting so southern......I'm cold this morning!

Nothing much doing. My DD called last night on her way to a Blast game. She was asking about GD's graduation in May. I didn't know the date. GD doesn't either there are two possible dates but has not been announced yet.

I am sorry to say my DD can be very abrasive. GD had a friend here staying at the same time DD was one Christmas. DD caused a big scene and the girl told GD I'll come back again but don't invite me when your aunt is here. Another time DIL's parents were here at the same time as DD for Christmas. They left a day or two ahead of their planned stay because they said they couldn't take anymore of DD. She took GD to Disneyland for HS grad gift. GD couldn't wait to get home as her aunt made rude remarks about foreigners, other peoples rudenss, etc. in her loud voice, no stage whisper there. Complained about me because the moving company lost pictures when I moved (it was my fault because I didn't have spares or something). The incident list goes on. She usually calls me on her way to work when she calls and she is always cussing out other drivers. If I say something I am wrong, it is definitely the other driver's fault and the only thing they understand.

I don't know what to do. I have to be so careful what I say as you never know what will set her off. During her call she said she was going to call GD soon and get scoop on May. She wants to come to graduation. She feels she has a special bond with GD....NOT.

Believe me we didn't raise her that way. I don't like rudeness, slurs, and "my way or the highway attitude."

I did the brave thing, went downstairs and gave DIL and DS good news. GD wasn't home. It's their party so they will figure out something.

Funny thing she is always going back to PA and everyone there rave about what a wonderful daughter I have. She is better with non-family members apparently. I love her but at times I don't like her very much.

Sorry, to dump on the board. At times like this I want to cozy down and cry over any kind of food.

What's a mother to do. My heart aches.

I hope good things may happen, Shirley
Old 03-04-2007, 12:23 PM   #21  

Good Sunday morning everyone. I just had the best sandwich for breakfast. Bacon, lettuce, tomato and avocado on toast. Yummy. I use Plumrose sugar free, low sodium bacon and its really good. Thawing out salmon for dinner this eve. So eating should be good today.

Sef- I'm so sorry about your daughter, I have a son like that. I feel bad for his wife and kids sometimes. You can raise them up right and it seems like the roll of the dice how they turn out.

Monet- I hope your pieces turn out beautiful. I can't wait to see a picture.

Bob- Hey girlfriend hope you're doing good.

Thin- How scary a new driver!

Time to run
Old 03-04-2007, 02:31 PM   #22  
sef

Hi all,

TONI: How do you cope with your son's actions? It's not like they're kids anymore.

I just get frustrated. When I evacuated a couple of years ago for Ivan, we had tracked her down in PA. Told her I was on last flight out of Gulfport. I don't know how many times she said she had to cut her stay in PA by a day because I came. Yet at the same time, she was nice enough to take me to see the WWII monument. I had mentioned when it was dedicated that I would like to see it one day and she remembered. I was there a month. She worked nights, slept days, so things went rather smoothly. Her days off we did things like the monument, out to lunch with a friend of hers, out for my birthday. So she can be nice.

Oh well, at least I'm not alone. When you cope things lke this, you think you are the only person it happens to. Thanks for sharing Toni.

Old 03-04-2007, 03:05 PM   #23  

Shirley, so sorry you're having heart-aches over DD's attitude again. We love our children no matter what but at times they sure make it difficult to like them. Although it's not one of my own, I have had problems with my DD's choices at times. DD #2's first dh was so difficult that the rest of the family didn't want to be around when he was. DD # 3's BF is so rude most of the time that it's hard to deal with. At Christmas this year he seemed almost friendly & most of us were in dis-belief because he actly talked to others & they spent the whole day but most of the time the rest of the family just can't stand to be around him because of his mouth & attitude. He's verbally abusive to Jodi. It's even showing up in the 3 y.o. 's attitude & speech toward his mom. What a shame the men like that even exists.
Old 03-04-2007, 04:03 PM   #24  
sef

MELF: How hard it must be for you to see what his rudeness etc. is doing to your grandchild and daughter. Yet some lessons have to be learned without our interferrence. It must hurt though, I know what heartache it must cause.

I've leanred talking doesn't help, just esculates the situation. Even trying when things are calm doesn't help.

We can only pray God gives us strength to cope and bear it.

Old 03-04-2007, 07:19 PM   #25  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERY BUDDY!!!

I just got out of the kitchen...everythings washed but not put away. Fixed a really good supper tonight.. Bone-in chuck roast stuffed with plenty of garlic, threw three stalks of celery in there for flavor, whole carrots and some onions. Fresh KALE and fresh GREEN BEANS, cornbread and Kate wanted rice again instead of potatoes. I'm stuffed, but really didn't eat that much...

We're just about cured I think...Kate is feeling almost normal, I still have a cough, she still doesn't have her voice all the way back yet but it's coming along. WHEW...that was a rough one...

MONET...my AVATAR is based on the way my arse felt when I was sick...
Whatcha got cooking in the kiln? You should have been here today, I had three pressure cookers going!

SEF...I'm sorry you're having trouble with your DD...What did your DS and DIL decide about graduation?

TONI...I sure needed you here today...I can't get my laundry caught up to save me!

THIN...I'll watch out for SEAN next time I'm up that way. It's good that he's a little timid...that will make him learn better. What's Rachel up too?

JACK...Hope you've had a good weekend...Sorry about the game today...We tried down this way to pull them through...The GATORS are really talking trash about my VOLS...Can't wait for the tourney to start...that and the final four are about the only time I watch any round ball.

Well kiddos..it's almost time for THE AMAZING RACE...

BOB
Old 03-04-2007, 08:01 PM   #26  

Well the scary driver scared me just a little too much yesterday!!! We went out again later in the afternoon and I don't think I have the nerves for this! We will not be going out soon for any more "driving". I think we need to master braking and which gear is which first!!!

Rachel and one of her best friends auditioned for the school talent show on Friday. I guess we'll see if they got in later this week. They are in chorus together and sang a song, but I don't know the name of it. They are working on their recital stuff for May. They are doing act 2 from swan lake and then she also has hip hop and tap dances as well.

Hope everyone has a great week!
Old 03-04-2007, 08:36 PM   #27  
sef

Hi all,

BOB: So good to see you posting in such a positive mode. Glad you both are feeling more human. I always feel like such a grunge when I have such a cold. That roast sounds delicious.

Don't know how the kids are going to handle the situation. They are mulling it over. Nobody really wants to hurt DD, not that she seems to worry. At the same time don't want the other side of the family and GD's friends to be uncomfortable. Remains to be seen.

THIN: Fingers crossed that Rachel and her friend make the cut for the talent show.

GD went to a lecture (something like "Inside Actors Studio") by the director of ZODIAC and got a special invitation for a reception held for him. She held a normal conversation with him, didn't do the fan bit, (want your autograph etc.), and they talked and laughed about 20 minutes. She said he has a real sense of humor. Needless to say it was a good day for her.

Old 03-04-2007, 10:59 PM   #28  

Evening everyone! We just got in from church and dinner after...we went to a Mexican restaurant, and I ate maybe three chips. I had a chicken fajita salad and asked them to give me the baked bowl instead of the fried. It was very good! I did not have my Byetta with me...grrr. But I did take my other meds, so hopefully, the bg will not be TOO outrageous in the morning.

I am posting a few pics of what I took out of the kiln today. Most were glaze tests to see how the glaze would act on the different clays I was using...

The white vase with the red rose is porcelain, as is the medium green and dark green vases and the faceted bowl. The mugs are all stoneware. My favorites are the yellow and blue mugs.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0002.jpg (32.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0010.jpg (14.3 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0017.jpg (16.0 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0021.jpg (12.7 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0007.jpg (17.8 KB, 17 views)
Old 03-05-2007, 07:37 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Happy Monday Ladies

Hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was so so. Nothing exciting going on.

Weight is staying the same. It is so hard to get a pound off. But my pants are too bid which is a good thing, but the bad thing is the next size is still too tight. DD is having the same problem. My oldest DD has lost about 14 lbs. I am proud of her. She has a long way to go, but getting there.

Monet, your pottery is beautiful. Can you please give me your recipe for the reaspberry vinegarette dressing. I was buying some and can't find it now. Salads have not tasted the same since.

Bob, the game sucked or should I say the Cats sucked. I don't look for us to go far in the tournament or the bid dance.

Sorry I don't have time for replies. It is still nuts here and I came in early to get a head start so I had better get going.

Have a wonderful day.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:08 AM   #30  

Good Morning. I hope everyone had a good weekend. Mine was good except for the eating.. We had a family gathering on Saturday at my dil's parents house. Had a beautiful meal with roast lamb, stir fried shrimp with red peppers, and chicken cacciatore, veggies and brown rice. That was all fine but also had some samosas and garlic bread with roasted pepper as an appetizer. All delicious but too many carbs. Oh well, to-day is the start of a new week so I hope I can do better. I am going out for lunch to-day with a few friends that I used to work with. We are going to a fish and chip place but I am hoping that I have enough willpower to avoid the fried stuff and go for some baked fish and salad or coleslaw.

I went for my walk this morning. I felt a bit lethargic after the first couple of rounds but after downing some water and resting a couple of minutes I was able to finish my usual 4 laps. Will be going to play a few games of badminton this morning.

Solly - That's a good sign that your pants are getting loser. Hooray for your dd doing so well.

Monet - Your pottery looks beautiful. You are so talented. I too would be interested in your raspberry vinaigrette recipe.

Sorry I don't have time for any more replies. Have to go and fix breakfast and jump in the shower.

Have a good day everyone.

Closed Thread