Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 05:29 AM   #76  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

GET UP ALL YOU BUDDYS!!! JUST BECAUSE IT'S SATURDAY DOESN'T MEAN THERE AREN'T THINGS TO DO!!!!

I went to bed and fell asleep, but when 4 a.m. rolled around, so did I!!! No use staying in bed till your back hurts!! I've got a lot to do today...Gotta go to Target and buy birthday presents! My Grand Nephew his gifts. He's a THOMAS fanatic so I'm going to get him the cassette/book combo. Tracy puts that in when he goes down for his nap and even if he doesn't go to sleep, he's listening and resting. I'm also going to get him a gift card so if he needs anything they've got it. And then there's Matthew....he's going to wonder why Brother is getting all the gifts and he's not getting anything.....well, I'm going to get him a fishing pole for the bathtub. After the party, I've got to take Kate to get her hair washed and fluffed. Still have laundry to do, but I made speghetti sauce and that means supper is READY!!!

MONET....yes, when we do my mugs, I want the big ones. They drink both coffee and beer so that will serve double duty. Same colors and prints. Just wish I had the money to go ahead and get them done. I'll let you know though.

KRIS...how did your Sabres do? Hope they won. As for cremation...Kate want that...She told me years ago. I just wonder if they do people like they do pets. When my SKEETER died, my Vet asked me if I wanted him done alone or the regular way....when I questioned that, he told me that if you don't request alone, you get just your pet (which I chose). He said that if you don't, you get yours and everyone elses too!..I got a certifiicate that it was only Skeeter.

THIN...The Bear Statues come in all different sizes...I thinkthose would be cute sitting around the office...you could even paint them in the school colos. Good Luck!

SEF...I think the B-12 shots woule really help Kate...she also wants some Geritol...

Well, I'm off...got to get this coffee in my system... Oh. the movie was good.

BOB
Old 03-10-2007, 09:24 AM   #77  
sef

Hi all,

B]THIN:[/B] Hope you are okay. The type of colds going around this area just seem to linger on and on. You'll have to send us pictures when you get your clinic decorated.

TECH: It doesn't sound weird. I think the thought of the soul floating to heaven is nice. It would be comforting.

MONET: You're doing the bit....when life gives you lemons etc. You're experimenting to learn new techniques.

BOB: I know there are things to do! You don't have to nag! This post is one of the things I have to do. Maybe the wash and fluff will lift Kate a little. I love it when someone else washes my hair. After being sick I always feel more human if I wash my hair. The B12 shots couldn't hurt.

People are cremated alone, there is a ceremony and the casket is slowly rolled into the cremator. I've been through two fires, don't think I'd want it.

Gee, Geritol is still around? I can remember my grandparents taking that.

Okay need my coffee and some breakfast. Got to stop weighing every day. I haven't had a scale in ages and I guess it's a new playtoy.......some times an evil playtoy!!!!

Keep a song in your heart, Shirley

Last edited by sef; 03-10-2007 at 09:30 AM.
Old 03-10-2007, 12:27 PM   #78  

La la! That is JUST for SEF, cause I AM singing this morning! I slept so so, but woke up at 5:30, and thought "forget this!" and got up. Down to the garagio, to check the kiln. It was a wee too hot, so I cracked the lid some, and played with getting the paperclay stuff dried out enough to use. A little while later, I braved the heat of the kiln and opened the baby up... NO CASUALTIES! I don't understand why everything of mine breaks in Bonnie's kiln! Weird huh? I was a happy camper! I spent more time wedging paperclay, then cleaned up some and got set up to do some glazing. I have a bowl to do for a commission, and I would love to complete it by Monday. Very doable! I just need to get the stuff glazed and load the baby up. It will fire off tonight and be ready to open tomorrow early afternoon. I hope you all are not bored with my enthusiasm for clay...you know, your eyes glaze over (pun intended) and you just kind of move to the next post....

I ate breakfast early this morning...two eggs, bacon, no toast. I am cutting down some on starches. My morning bg levels are NOT in the target range and I will be danged if I can figure out why! I know stress contributes, but I don't FEEL stressed.

THIN: Could you get a mom to sew up some simple pillows shaped like a bear head, or whole bear, that could be washed. Then if you had a few of them, it would be not as much wear and tear on them to hand them to a sick kid to cuddle with. If not that, what about specially decorated pillowcases for the pillow on the cot? You could have a dozen of those in a drawer... I would be willing to paint some for you with the bear cub mascot on them if you like. Just let me know. And of course, you need a handmade ceramic bear cub vase on your desk...right? tee hee!

SEF: Lemons! That gives me a great idea! I can paint lemons on the plates I am planning on making. I made a plaster mold to use yesterday. It is called a hump mold...you just lay a piece of clay across it to get the shape. It helps make uniform pieces. I want to try and make about 15 plates that are all the same that I can use for company. Ambitious...I know...but I am determined!

BOB: Ok! Big mugs it is. Good thing the last batch froze before they were fired! They were small...maybe only 10oz! I guess I will have a mug day and make a lot so I have them bisqued and ready to go when you are!

hello to all my buster buddies! Gotta go! I need to get that kiln loaded, and I have to glaze first!
Old 03-10-2007, 04:06 PM   #79  
sef

MONET: I love your enthusiasm. Plus I am learning a lot from you.

Glad you have a song. I usually close my letters and notes with one or the other saying. "Keep a song in your heart" is nice and happy, but we want good things to happen too.

Keep a song in your heart, Shirley
Old 03-10-2007, 08:48 PM   #80  
Bustin' Buddy

Hey Everyone!

SOLLY: Thanks for the shout out - it's nice to feel loved!!!

Sorry I'm still MIA - Alexis has been really sick - she had herpes stomatitis - which is a mouth FULL of ulcers. She didn't swallow for 4 days - poor thing was so miserable. Needless to say, she didn't sleep or eat either. It's been very rough. But, she's better now and she gets to go back to daycare Monday. She missed the entire week.

As for me...I go for a level 2 ultrasound this week. My 17 week bloodwork came back "abnormal" so they want to check things further. My dr actually said that my blood work was within normal limits but when they factor in my age - it puts it abnormal. He wasn't worried about anything at all. He told me that the majority of his patients over 35 have this same thing happen and everything ends up fine. But, just to be on the safe side we are doing the US to be sure. I really think that if there were something to be worried about he would have told me - after all that I've been through....don't you think?

Well, let me go - I just got in from New Orleans - had a baby shower for a friend today. I've got to tend to my little one!!

Love you & Miss you!!!!

Missy
Old 03-10-2007, 10:14 PM   #81  

Hi everyone

I didn't sleep well again last night probably because of the afternoon nap I had. I usually make a point of not napping, even if I am tired, as I know I won't be able to sleep at night. But the last couple of days I have felt so tired in the afternoon. So I missed out on my mall walk this morning as I didn't wake until 8 although I did go for a couple of games of badminton in the afternoon. I was out shopping this morning and bought a couple of small end tables for my computer room. They have to be assembled but that will have to wait until tomorrow. I also picked up my new tv stand from Sears this morning and have spent all evening putting it to-gether. It was quite a tough job but I made it. Had to run out and buy a screw driver before I could do it as I didn't have the right size. Gave most of my tools to my kids when I moved. Didn't think I would be using too many of them.

Fruitloupe - It's good to hear from you. I had been wondering how you were. Sorry to hear that Alexis has been sick. Glad to hear she is better now. Good luck with your ultrasound. I'm sure your doctor would have said something if he was concerned.

Monet - It's good that you have something you like to do when you wake up so early. . Glad you had no breakages this time in the kiln.

Sef - Singing is good for us all. I remember interviewing a patient I had a few years ago. He was a very active person - swam almost every day and sang in the choir. His last words at the end of the interview were: I swim for my health and sing for my soul. Those words really stuck with me.

BOB - Hope you sleep better tonite.

I'm beginning to ache. I took the tv off of the footstool it was on and on to the floor and then lifted it on to the new tv stand. It wasn't a very smart thing to do. I feel like soaking in the tub but have trouble getting in and out so will have to make do with a shower. I wish I had one of those walk-in tubs that they advertise.

So everyone make sure you put the clocks forward tonite.

Old 03-11-2007, 01:55 AM   #82  
sef

Hi all,

Did my housework and then took a shower. Sat outside and crocheted for a while. It was very pleasant.

Jeff picked me up about 6:30. We went to Picadilly for dinner and then to the theater. The play was "Noises Off" a slapstick comedy. Not much plot but a lot of in and out doors, slamming of same, running up and down stairs and yelling. Couldn't help but laugh at some of the antics. The most interesting part was the changing of the scenery. It was quite a feat. In the first act you saw the set for the play within the play. For the second act they turned the set around so you could see what was happening backstage for the play within the play, then they turned it around again so you could see what happened when they all got drunk and tried to perform the play. It was facinating to see the crew handle all those stairs and backdrops. Jeff found it interesting because in college he earned extra money building sets etc. for a repertory company.

FRUIT: So glad to see you posting. Poor Alexis and poor you. It is so heart wrenching when a little one is so sick. Nowadays doctors really have to cover their a---s. People are so ready to sue. Even though they think everything is alright they do tests just to have a record that it is.

ROSALIE: Those ready to assemble pieces are not as easy to assemble as they would like us to believe. About 10 years ago I did a TV stand too. Needed to be a Philadelphia lawyer to figure out the directions, and I am a handy person, plus the darn thing was heavy! Had to get a friend to help me lift the TV. Hope you are just achy from the job and didn't hurt yourself. You'll probably feel it more tomorrow.

What a lovely attitude that patient had. He said it exactly. I sing for my soul too and might as well share it. I will always remember what he said!

Guess I ought to shove off to bed. I can't just come home and pop into bed, I have to unwind a bit first. So here I am.

Goodnight all. Keep a song in your hearts, Shirley
Old 03-11-2007, 07:45 PM   #83  
sef

Gee, I'm so lonesome! Where is everyone? Out enjoying the beautifuk weather here in the south. Don't know about the rest of the country. Does daylight saving time screw things up?

May good things happen as tomorrow we face the one eyed monster.

Shirley
Old 03-11-2007, 09:40 PM   #84  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

HEY....WHERE IS EVERYBODY????

I know it's a time change but, I've already been to a birthday party but I still haven't done any but there's always tomorow for that!

Hope everyone is s having a good weekend....I'll talk to y'all tomorrow

BOB
Old 03-12-2007, 08:47 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Happy Monday,

Hope everyone had a great weekend. The weather was pretty nice here. Yesterday we repotted all our plants. I wanted to take a walk, but just never had time. The function we attended Sat night was nice. There were about 20 restaurants there and a taste of this, a taste of that, really added up. I was so full. It was a fun time. Back on track today though. DD is so motivated. She tried on bunches of dresses she wore in college (2 years ago) and she is either in them or they are too big. She was so excited. There is no better motivation.

Missy, I hate to hear poor Alexis was sick. That sounds horrible. Hope she is feeling much better today. Sending prayers for your test. I'm sure everything is fine, but it never hurts to have a few prayers in your corner. Let us know.

Bob, B12 shots should help Kate alot. It takes us longer to get back the older we get. Any word on your job?

Rosalie, I guess it's always a good idea to have a hammer and a screw driver around. We bought a bathroom stool and DD & I put it together. I was so proud I didn't have to ask DH to do it.

Monet, your posts about clay are not boring. I love hearing about your talents.

Thin, your ideas so great for your clinic. Please posts some pics when you get it finished.

Tech, glad you are getting things behind you. Time can be a good thing sometimes. Glad you found some peace with the cremation. I had some trouble when my MIL passed away and wanted to be cremated. But it was not my call. I like the idea of having somewhere to visit. But now, I'm even considering it myself.

Sef, I was trying not to weigh until Friday's. But it didn't happen. Plus I needed to face the music after a bad weekend. But I was pleasantly surprised. Now maybe I can stay off it a couple days at least.

Thunder, sounds like you got it figured out. Good idea limiting the breads. Congrats on your 4lb loss.

It is supposed to be 70 today and 75 tomorrow so we will probably walk instead of the gym. Later in the week it will be back in the 40's. Got to get busy, my boss worked over the weekend and my desk is covered. Have a wonderful day.
Old 03-12-2007, 12:36 PM   #86  

Good morning all! I also hope you all had a great week end. I sure did.

MMM had me at 191.6 which is 1.40 lbs lower than last Monday. Although it is not the loss I was hoping for after the strict dieting, never going over 1200 cals in 1 day, walking at least 1 mile each day for 5 of the last 7 days & journaling every bite of food that went into my mouth, at least it is going down & I intend to keep it that way!

As I drove home yesterday afternoon after our First Place meeting, I had to remind myself (AGAIN) that this was just the 1st week & that I cannot let myself stress over the little things. I WILL NOT listen to the voice that tries to convince me that this is not going to work & that I should drive to the nearest Sonic & get a banana split to drown out the voice of failure. NO!!!

Again this morning as I walked, I prayed asking for the strength to do this right & for the right reasons, because we should be healthy & in good shape to glorify Him. Not to over-indulge at each moment of discouragement. I have committed to doing this & I will stick to it for all the right reasons.

I walked 2 miles/35 mins this am. Got to hit the shower. Have a busy rest of the day ahead. Already washed & hung 2 loads of clothes. Sorry I have no time for personal replies. Will try to get to it later.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:48 PM   #87  
ericsmommy

Default newbee

Hi All

I am not sure if this is where l should post, so please forgive me.

DH and I are starting on SB today and l am a bit confussed on a few things.

1. can we eat any brand of 100% wohole wheat?
2. are kraft cheese slices alowwed?
3. are 100% real fruit jams no sugar allowed?

Thats all l can think of right now but l am sure l will have many more as we get used to this way of living.
Old 03-12-2007, 02:56 PM   #88  

Hi everyone

The board is slow to-day. Where is everyone.

I didn't walk this morning. Went to bed very late last night as I just wasn't sleepy, consequently slept until about 9 a.m. Had a busy day yesterday. Went and played indoor shuffleboard at the legion in the afternoon in a town about a 45 minute drive from here. Soon as I got home I had a call from my dd inviting me to go bowling with the family. So I trotted out again and drove to her house which is about 30 minutes away from here (almost to where I had just come from). It was fun being with them all as I don't see too much of them, particularly all together. It was my dd, and her four boys, one girlfriend and my ds. We had a fun game.

I just got back from badminton and had lunch, which was a bowl of lentil soup with pita bread and some salad. Plus a few fresh strawberries.

Melf - Congrats on the loss this week. I think 1.4 pounds is fine. If you could lose even 1 pound a week by this time next year you would be 50 pounds lighter. You are more likely to keep it off if you lose it slowly. Keep up the walking. You are doing great..

Solly - Sounds like that was an interesting Saturday nite you had with all that tasting. I'm sure it was fun. Now we will help you back on the wagon.. That's great that your dd is doing so well. It's always a good motivation when you can start wearing clothes you haven't been able to get into for a while. I was quite proud of myself too that I was able to put together the tv stand without calling either of my ds's. They will be surprised when they see it. I'm looking forward to the day when I can get some plants on my balcony. I have a few indoors but hope to get a couple of window boxes to hang on the balcony when the weather improves.

BOB - Did you get that laundry done yet?

Sef - How are you to-day? Luckily I didn't do any damage lifting that tv. Felt fine the next morning. Glad you enjoyed the play Sat. nite.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:00 PM   #89  
Sonya

Hi all,

I had a great weekend. But didn't sleep worth a flip last and woke up with a neck ache...and still have it this evening. I just wonder if it has anything to do with the pollen starting. I'm still on track with my eating. I know I've lost more inches but haven't had the time to check. Ashley got sick at school and I had to go get her at dinnertime. I worked at my church this morning before they called so was already pooped....lol. Hubby called and said some other trucker backed into his truck, he was out of his truck inside the truckstop trying to get a bite to eat, and cracked the passenger side fender...wow...some morning....heehee. But at least noone was hurt!!!!! Thank God!!!!!!!! At least he wasn't in it when it happened or he would have paniced even more. Hes already back on the road headed for California. I think Ashley just ate to many grapes the other night thats what has her stomach messed up. Shes a pig when it comes to grapes...lol

Hope everyone has a great SB day!!!!!

ericsmommy-Welcome to a great board. I have been on SB for about 6 yrs now on and off that is. But I'm back on with a vengence. This is a wonderful way of eating. I will let some the ones who have been on it longer than me answer your questions. Did you get a Sugar Busters book? If not they are sold at Super Walmarts and some bookstores or maybe your local library has some. Hope you have a wonderful day!
Old 03-12-2007, 06:19 PM   #90  
sef

Hi all.

Slept late this morning, didn't get up until 7:20! Had a strenuous morning. Made three trips to car to carry two boxes to be mailed and my bag of tricks I take with me to the NH. After the NH I drove down to the STARRC office to drop off a bunch of 16x20 and 18x24" picture frames. They had moved from the old place because of Katrina and had a big ol' sign up "Now Hiring" so I trotted up to the elevator and "Oh no this is the wrong office, you want the one down at the end of the building, down I go, back to the car, drive to the end of the building. Fortunately that officem had some help and three people came out to the car and carried the frames. That was a big help because I wasn't about to carry 15 or 16 frames!. Then to the Post Office for the boxes. Had to make two trips from car to counter as I couldn't carry both. By the time I got home I was pooped. I could have asked DS to go to P.O. and he would have, but he would have had to come home early from work. They do so much for me I hate to ask for something. They rather spoil me and will do for me before themselves. Besides the exercise was good for me, you tense up all the muscles holding a big box under one arm and a car and wallet in the other and walk a block. Am I getting old?

THe one box was the afghan I finished for sister and the other a snowman candy dish thingy I won at a Christmas party, sister collects snowmen. She better like them, 20 bucks to send!

Today at NH we were discussing things that weren't around if you were born before 1945 or what things cost. For 5 cents you could mail a letter and two postcards.

Faced the monster and it was down 2.5#, not as good as last week but that's water weight anyway. I like to look at the larger picture I'm down 6.5#. I'll take it!

BOB: You are so creative with your little smileys etc.

SOLLY: That tasting party sounds like fun. Your DD had to be thrilled! I just refuse to buy any more XXXXXXXXL so better lose quick!

MELF: Don't fret at least the scale was lower! I read every word of your motivational speech, it is a incentive for me, thank you.

ERIC"SMOM: Welcome. We all have questions, even after we've been here a while. New products come out or new research is done and you have a whole new ballgame. Read your labels. Most of us use Stone Ground Whole Wheat. Different parts of the country have different brands, Here in my area I use NAture's Own Sugar Free Whole Wheat. You can get Whole Wheat pitas and tortillas too. I use the cheese. I don't care for the low fat ones. I also use the real fruit jellies and jams. I like Smucker's the best although Polaner's is about 20 cents cheaper. It's good too, just a matter of preference. How neat that your DH is doing SB too. Don't be upset if he loses quicker, men usually do no matter what the food plan.

ROSALIE: You are always excerising! Badminton, shuffleboard, bowling, walking. Bowling is so much fun. Glad you all were able to be together.

THUNDER: Hope neckache is better as well as Ashley. Ashley is my GD's name. A craacked semi fender. Bet that's a pretty penny to have repaired. Does DH own his truck or does he work for someone? I remember once I had a fender bender with a semi, the poor driver was two days away from getting an award for 10 years accident free driving. I felt awful!

For all who faced the scale today I hope good things happened, Shirley

Closed Thread