Sugar Shakers for followers of Sugar Busters and other GI based diets

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 07:37 PM   #91  
BIG ORANGE FOOTBALL RULES

EVENING EVERY BUDDY~!!!

Took Kate to the Dentist and the Medical Doc today. Medical Doc gave her orders for a chest X-ray and lab work. He said her right lungh didn't sound good and the blood work will tell him everything else he needs to know. I asked about the B-12 shots and he's testing her level and said if it's down, she can do the shots at home.

MO...WELCOME!!!! We're glad to have you and your Husband. Will he be posting as well?

SEF..Been a busy little girl haven't we!!!

JACK..Feeling better? I bet you had a touch of that virus that was going around..How's DD feeling? I've been so busy taking care of Kate that I haven't even thought about work. I am doing the unemployment and while it's not where near what I was bringing home, at least I have it.

MONET...Yep...I want the big ones...I'll let you know when...Have you heard ANYTHING from TALITHA????

ROSALIE...Slept pretty good last night...hope tonight is as good. What's on your agenda? No, tomorrow I'm for sure going to do the laundry...Changed the beds so NOW I can add sheets to the list!

MELF....CONGRATS ON THE LOSS!!!

THIN????

KRIS????

THUNDER...How's the eating going?

OK...I'm off to get something done...even if its' wrong! Have a great evening!!

BOB
Old 03-12-2007, 08:18 PM   #92  
ericsmommy

Thanks for answering my questions, l really appreciate it

Once l get the hang of this site l will post more would love to meet you all.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:20 PM   #93  

Oh look who the cat dragged in! Your fearless leader who has been MIA for a few days! Sorry...its been kind of crazy around here.

First, I glazed on Saturday and fired the kiln. It was an unmitigated disaster. I lost the one piece in it I really wanted to do well to a structural crack I can't explain. One of the glazes I used ran and got all over the kiln shelf. I have a lot of grinding to do. I was so discouraged Sunday when I unloaded that I could barely deal with anything but just wanted to be alone. I did not eat though.

Tonight was the leadership dinner at church, and I was cooking. I made chicken and broccoli stir fry and brown basmati rice, and egg drop soup. All legal fare. I did fairly well...but I am exhausted. I have two more dinners, then I will be done forever.

I hope you all don't mind if I wait until tomorrow morning to write replies. I am just too pooped to think!

Old 03-12-2007, 09:23 PM   #94  

ERICSMOMMY: We are glad you are here! It doesn't matter what brand you use, as long as it is 100% whole wheat and the sugar is under 3 grams per serving. I think those cheese slices are ok...but it is always best to choose low fat dairy products. I can't remember your other question...will check in the morning and reply then!
Old 03-12-2007, 10:11 PM   #95  
ericsmommy

Default Thanks

Hi Everyone

I figured l better tell u a bit about myself, I am 39 turning 40 next month, I have CP and eplipys, I have been married almost 4 years but together for 7. We have a 3 year old son who has autism so my days are very busy dealing with him and his appointments. My DH is a anylist and is gone to work alot of the time. Not sure if he will sign up to post or not.
I joined Curves and have my first appt tomorrow night, I am hoping with that and SB this weight will finally leave.

We just moved here to AB from Ontario 4 months ago so l am lonly with no friends or family here. So between this great support board and curves l am hoping to meet some friends.

Well thats all for now if you have any questions just let me know and l will answer them.

I know Money does pottery, can I ask what kind?

thanks for listening.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:05 PM   #96  

Hi Mo! I do mostly functional type stuff...mugs, vases, casserole dishes, bowls, teapots. I make the stuff on my potter's wheel, or handbuild it with slabs and coils or pinch pots. I mostly like working on the potter's wheel, but right now my wheel is not working, I had to mail in the controller to the manufacturer to get it fixed. I hope I get it back later this week! I majored in pottery in college...started throwing on the wheel in high school...so I have been at it about 40 years with a break here and there when I had my kids, and did not work for a while. I used to belong to Curves...I enjoyed it! Have you heard anything about a gluten free diet for autism? A friend of mine has a three year old son who is autistic, and she has him on a gluten free diet and it seems to be helping. I don't know much about autism, feel free to fill me in. Ok, I need to crawl in bed. I am SO tired! It has been a lonnngggg day! Sweet dreams!
Old 03-13-2007, 08:36 AM   #97  

Hey ya'll! I'm really trying to get back into the swing of things and back on the wagon for what feels like the upteenth time! It is so hard for me to really give up sugar. I am doing better today and yesterday though, so any improvement is a good thing right?

The weather has been beautiful this week! We are supposed to get up to around 80 today! Hope everyone is having a great week!!!
Old 03-13-2007, 11:05 AM   #98  
ericsmommy

Hey Monet

That sound so stressfree and fun working with pottery l mean, Do you have any of your work on the net ie in picture form? I would love to see it. And yes we know about the Guten free diet and cassin free, Eric is on cassin free (no Diary) just soy, but our doctor don't want us to remove guten yet as Eric is still only eating baby food and his diet is so rescricted that he dosen't want him to lose any more calories a day. So for now we are just doing soy only and baby food. Autism is a problem in the brain the wires got mixed up and some things are not working right or at all. Eric is completely non verbal so far (we are hoping someday to hear his voice) He takes us by the hand when he wants something. If you have any other questions feel free to ask. I am glad you tried curves was it hard? I am so worried that l will make a fool of myself and not beable to do all the excercise in 30 minutes. I have never excercised before. THis giving up sugar so far has been easy I would never of thought l could do it but not having Pepsi for 5 days now and no choclate bars or chips or any processed foods has been easy. Yes l know low fat cheese is best and when l use up my cheese slices l will buy low fat l just wanted to make sure it was ok to eat them. I need cheese slices for my sandwhiches Are grilled cheese sandwhiches allowed if you use low fat cheese and whole wheat bread?

Thanks for listening to me guys
Old 03-13-2007, 11:07 AM   #99  
ericsmommy

Hey Guys can someone tell me how l change the weight in my ticker? I lost another pound but don't know how to do it.

Thanks
Mo
Old 03-13-2007, 01:13 PM   #100  

MO: To change your ticker, go to the control panel and find your signature. In there, you will see the 'code' for it, and find the numbers of your current ticker weight, and change them to the current weight. Then hit save. Yes, grilled cheese sandwiches are fine! Just use low fat cheese, and whole wheat bread. You don't want to eat too many starches a day, so keep that in mind when planning your menus. The book recommends you keep it to three or less for weight loss. Starches include bread, sweet potatoes, brown rice, pasta... As for my pottery, I have posted some pictures on here. You might want to look back through the earlier pages and see if you can find them. My husband is going to make me a web page, but hasn't gotten around to it yet.

Old 03-13-2007, 02:39 PM   #101  
ericsmommy

Default Thanks Monet

Thanks l think l got it figured out, and yes when l find the time l will read threw old posts, there are SO MANY but very interesting.
Old 03-13-2007, 04:35 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi ladies.

I have just a minute so I will try to sneak in a post.

It is almost 80 here today. I love it. Tomorrow is going to be in the 70's and then back to cold Thursday and Friday. No wonder everyone is sick.

Got a 3 miles walk in last night. Made it in 50 minutes, I was pushing DH for a 15 minute mile, but didn't quite make it. We will probably do that agin tonight since it is so nice out.

I'm working backwards on posts.

Mo, Welcome to our board. SB is easy to follow. I lost 105 pounds doing it. It was pretty easy, but could not have done it without the ladies on this board. Coming here really helps. Monet is right, limit your starches to 2 or 3 a day. I buy the ww bread that is only 45 calories a slice. That way, 2 pieces count as 1 starch. Good luck in your weight loss. Having an autistic child is quite a lot to deal with. I admire you. The sound of our child's voice is something we just take for granted.

Bob, maybe Kate has bronchitis and that is why she is dragging. Hope they find out soon.

Thin, one day at a time. You can do it.

Sef, wow,I was worn out just reading your post. Congrats on your loss. I think 2.5 is great. Slow is good.

Thunder, hope your neck is feeling better. I hate when I do that. It just takes some time to work out.

Rosalie, glad you had anice time with your family. Bowling is good exercise too. I always feel it in my bottom.

Melf, congrats on your loss. Do you think we would ever be happy with the loss we see on the scale, no matter how much it is? We always want more. It is a good loss, be proud.

Monet, sorry about the mess in the kiln. Did you ever find a new wheel.

Got to run. Almost time to go home. Have a great night.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:36 PM   #103  

SOLLY: I sent the controller and foot pedal off to the manufacturer to be fixed...they are sending me a 'conversion kit' to fix it. So hopefully I will have a working wheel by the weekend. Way to go on the three mile walk! I only made it 1.5 miles today. I keep saying I am going to do the three mile and I am always SO tired....yeah, I know...excuses excuses!
Old 03-13-2007, 05:38 PM   #104  
ericsmommy

thanks Solly

How do you guys know how to talk to each other in one post? I can't even remember what one person wrote to reply to it let alone 8-10 pleople that you guys do. Is there a way to scroll back up as your typying a reply so you remember it all?

Thanks for the tip on the WW bread and the starches, I don't eat too many anyways.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:39 PM   #105  
sef

Hi all,

I'm just checking to let you know I'm alive. I have been working on a bookcase full of good stuff and junk. The problem is you have to go through it all to find the good stuff. Mostly old charts, and projects I always think I will stitch one day. So far two big bags of trash. I could barely lift the one.

Isn't it silly how sometimes a simple little job can be so time consuming.

I just needed a break. Where else would I want to spend it but with you all.

May good things happen, Shirley
Closed Thread