South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 06:12 AM   #1  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Default Think Thin Thurthday Chat

Good morning and here we go with another lovely autumn day. That's what they say anyhow - it's black as a cast iron fry-pan right now.

Cottage, I sure hope you feel better today.

Donna comes to clean this morning. She says her arm is fine now but I wonder. I know she needs the money. I may have her help me with some sorting upstairs rather than tackle windows.

Dog barking.....later.

ETA: Disney really, really needed out. It's hard to cross your legs when they are so short. Now she's all happy,has had her breakfast, her tiny portion of skim milk and is curled up on the loveseat. Dogs know how to live....and love.

Today the StarChoice (TV guy) is supposed to come and fix my receiver. When the lads did the rood shingling, it got slightly moved and my reception is either poor or non-existent. I called in a repair order way back then but the account is in Harry's name and they needed to talk to him! Grrr! I sent them my power of attorney and now they'll do it. Chickies, make sure all house accounts are in both names. Bell is the same and won't change the name on the bill. Good thing I'm not much of a TV type but Grey's Anatomy is back tonight!

Aside from that I have tomatoes, eggplant, peppers and zucchini crowding my fridge. Can you say ratatouille? I'd also like to make one more batch of salsa.

Right now it's time for breakfast - oatmeal with peaches, I think.

HAve a great Think Thin Thurthday. (Wish I could ditch the lisp!)
Old 09-25-2008, 07:17 AM   #2  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Ruth I love the new pic! Ratatouille sounds wonderful. I'll have to add that to my rainy weekend cooking projects.

Cottage - hope you are feeling better this morning!

Today is our last sunny day for a few days. We need some rain, I just wish it wouldn't come on the weekend. I guess that's just the Universe's way of making me stay home and get things done instead of driving around looking at birds

It's a late day for me so I'm getting a few projects done around here before heading to the office. I'm still just keeping up with daily exercise and keeping my food in check but not really motivated. Hope this passes soon. I haven't had to work this hard to make my self exercise in months and want to get over it before the weather gives me more excuses!

Now for more coffee

Have a good day Chicks
Old 09-25-2008, 07:51 AM   #3  
jeep girl

S/C/G: 219/ticker/180

Height: 5'11

Hey ladies! Good morning.....running late again this morning....seems to be my trend when the weather starts getting nice!! It's cool outside, low humidity...and going to be that was through the weekend....low 80's and low humidity.....in other words...HEAVEN!!! haha

Happy Thursday everybody!!! (Oh, and Ruth...I'm a speech therapist by the way!! haha)
Old 09-25-2008, 07:57 AM   #4  
Come on Spring!

A thpeech therpith? Wow! Who knew?
Old 09-25-2008, 07:58 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Hot tea today.

Ruth, I was about to call you on your spelling, but now I see you did it on purpose. Yes, that's worth taking note about making sure all accounts are in both names. It can sure save a lot of hassle further down the road.

Cyndi, I hope you manage to get in your exercise today. I had planned to get back to Curves this week, but now I've got this blasted cold and it's just enough effort to get up in the morning.

We're preparing for a Nor'Easter to hit us tonight. They're calling for heavy rain and strong winds all the way up through the weekend. It's a good thing we didn't have any plans. I'm just taking my time this morning and will head on over to Cindy's by 10. She was nice enough to call to say she'd get the kids off to school today, since it's supposed to be my turn. We're going to do a rare thing this afternoon, I'm going to let Maggie pick out a movie and I'm going to curl up and doze while she watches it.
Old 09-25-2008, 07:59 AM   #6  
Determined to lose!

Good Morning. Today I have an interview at one, then I have to meet my sister at 330 to pick up the baby gate, she had drove the wrong vehicle to work yesterday and called to change the day. Meeting her at work will cut out 20 mins to my drive time one way. So I'm thinking to go try getting a couple bras before the interview. Why the **** are those things so expensive any how?

Kitty kept me up all night, running around, jumping HIGH at her own shadow! Purring all night long, laying on me, then going back to play! She's definitely feeling much better! Right now she's checking out the house again as Jade is outside. I brought her out, put her on couch and she ran back for the bedroom, and started from there making her way out of the room! Silly girl! Now she's on the computer desk playing with everything in sight! Thinking Honey may not be her name afterall! More like "Annie"... you all know the orphan annie? troublemaker? LOL... and after my gramma. Not sure I like it though. sigh.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:01 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

War has been declared around here! The mice have come back and kindly left a wee calling card on the shelf where I keep my crockpot. Grrr! I have shelves in the stairwell running to the cellar and that's where they start their invasion. Sneaky little buggers! It's WARfarin time! I need to head them off before they hit the kitchen.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:03 AM   #8  
jeep girl

S/C/G: 219/ticker/180

Height: 5'11

hahahahaha....ruth....that cracked me up!!!
Old 09-25-2008, 08:03 AM   #9  
Determined to lose!

Ruth, cats are awesome micers!

Speaking of which, I think I may be allergic . Since I've gotten kitty my eyes are watery every morning and I have a few itchy spots on my face where she rubs.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:06 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

Loriann, I know that I am allergic to cats although I had one for 22 years. Same symptoms as you have. It got so I had to wash my hands immediately after petting her and cuddling against skin was out!
Old 09-25-2008, 08:09 AM   #11  
Determined to lose!

Ruth, I had two cats up till earlier this year, had them for 15 years! Never had a problem! Wondering if it's just when they sleep with me, my cats weren't allowed in my bedroom.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:15 AM   #12  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

The little joys of country living! My kitties keep the mice out of my kitchen and apartment, or at least out of visual range. The little buggers do get into a couple of the old cupboards that are open in back so I have to choose carefully where I put things. The thing I really hate is not being able to use my storage room as cold storage for apples. That turned out to be a bad thing a couple of years ago. Darn
Old 09-25-2008, 08:24 AM   #13  

Most of our bills were in my name but there is one that is in Robert's. When he forwarded his mail, the bill went to him and of course he wouldn't pay it or get it to me on time. They won't change the name on the account without closing the account and reopening it in my name and they won't close it unless he calls them. He refused until the divorce is final so I had to put it on autopay. He can be such a jerk.

He moved hospitals on Tuesday and was supposed to call and tell me where they moved him. So far no call. He can't expect me to bring Brian to visit if I don't know where to take him. Our last visit wasn't that smooth because he kept going on about how he shouldn't have had to pay child support but instead should have gotten spousal support. I had to bite my tongue to keep from telling him what I really felt (Brian was there).

Work is crazy busy and I've been spending every spare moment working on Wood Badge stuff.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:26 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Aloha chicks,
We are all alergic to cats to some degree here. I think everybody is. I just vacuum a lot and medicate when necessary. Can you imagine my pediatrician once suggested getting rid of them? My oldest DD never reacted to our cats, but when she'd go to someone else's house and hold or cuddle their kittens, she'd have a bad reaction. Maybe kittens are worse than adult cats for dander?
My cats are worthless on the mice. They enjoy it when they show up and like to play with and torment the critters, but they never actually kill them.
I'm watching that storm, we've got plans to go canoeing Saturday morning with the Girl Scouts. Hope we don't get washed out.
Today is running around, got an IEP meeting at DS's school this morning, need to hit the creamery for milk. DD has dance class later on. Some other errands thrown in there.
I put my bucket of grape tomatoes to dry in the oven overnight. They are oh so yummy and I may end up pecking at them all day until they're gone.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:29 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

How did do your tomatoes in the oven, SCHMOODLE? I threw out my dehydrator, so I'd love to learn an alternative way of drying a few things. How's your rash today?
Closed Thread