South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 08:33 AM   #16  
Determined to lose!

Barb, Robert should NOT of gone there with Brian in the room. My ex still does that, goes off about me with my son around. My son eventually realized who the jerk really is when his father and uncle were bragging about him beating on me! (Men, just never know when to shut up, and they say we women are bad!).... At one point he showed up at his sisters (who I am Still best friends with) and started going off, Barbie sent my son in the other room, then went off on Joe and kicked him out of her house. At first he didn't leave till uncle Jimmy came out (he was 93 at the time) and told him he'd never heard such language and he wasn't welcome there! Mind you, Uncle Jimmy loved everyone!

Schmoodle, perhaps your right that we are all allergic to some degree or other. I just wish kitty wasn't so scared of puppy! Puppy just wants to play! Hence why I need to get over to sis's for my baby gate. Yes, I priced them, yes, cheaper to get mine back! .
Old 09-25-2008, 08:43 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

cottage, I put them on a cookie sheet with a little salt and in the oven at 200 for about 6 hours - they were grape tomatoes. I probably could have done them longer because they're not completely dry, but they are really good this way. If I don't eat them all, I may pack some in olive oil. Probably not the most energy efficient thing, maybe if I had a few sheets in there at a time.

Thanks for asking, the rash is still there, still itchy, but it hasn't spread and doesn't look as red today. I'm sure it was the tomato plants, I haven't reacted to them before, but my skin is weird that way. I've cleaned pumpkins every year of my life until a couple of years ago, my hands turned red and raw like they'd been in acid and swelled up. Now I wear gloves.

I set up all our accounts because DH was away until just before we moved here. I went to settlement and all without him and I have a financial POA, so I am in complete control muah-ha-ha. The only problem would be for him if I kick off first, but then I'll be gone so I won't care, hee-hee. That's what he gets for letting me deal with this stuff all these years. If he turns into a jerk or goes first, I'm set.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:46 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Thanks, Schmoodle. I'm going to give it a go with my cherry tomatoes. We have zillions of them and most have been going to waste.
I get the same reaction with cleaning out pumpkins, but it only lasts until I give my hands a good washing with lots of soap.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:56 AM   #19  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Ruth, I love the new avatar. It's a wonderful photo of you both. Too funny about all the name things. Most of our stuff is in DH's name. I never even thought about it! I'll have to get on that... Sounds like a yummy day in your fridge! I'm drinking a cup of chai and using your gorgeous coaster. I'll keep it here at work where the bright colors will cheer me up and make me think of you. :

Cyndi, getting bored/unmotivated with exercise is awful! I'll start a thread on that (though I think we also have some discussions about it in other threads--may be worth a search). Can you try something new to help motivate you?

I'm so sorry you're still ill, Cottage! Hope the movie and tea help. Haven't heard about the storm, but suppose it could hit us as well. It's foggy and cloudy this morning.

Loriann, I have the same issues with cats. But as long as I keep my hands away from my eyes after petting them, I'm usually okay. I have no scientific data, but even the most allergic people I know (DH being one) seem to eventually become immune to cats that they live with, even for a short time. DH starts all visits to his parents (who have had up to 2 cats over the years) with allergies that taper off by the end of our week-long time with them. Hopefully it'll go away. If not, there's always allergy shots!

Ruth, I'm a big proponent of live trapping mice (and then letting them go in Ottawa so they never find their way home!). We tried everything else with our pantry mice and it never worked. The live traps worked perfectly--we caught one mouse a night until they were gone. DH dropped them off in the woods on his way to work and we've never seen them again. I know Ellis needs some mice removed from her place...maybe you can drop yours off by her and then pick hers off to drop off by you! City/Country mouse anyone?

Wow, Barb, I really thought he'd have calmed down by now. He's been such a jerk to you, but I just can't understand why he's being so irresponsible and thoughtless to Brian. I'm SO glad you got out of that marriage! Hope it gets easier soon.

Schmoodle, are you willing to post in the recipe forum about how you dry the tomatoes? I still don't have a dehydrator, but I have a lot of tomatoes! Hope your rash is better, hon! I'm the same way with pumpkins, hon. Didn't know anyone else was like that. I'm also allergic to pine needles, so I get a rash at almost every holiday involving natural decorations!

Me:
I'm tired! It's day 3 of Phase 1 after this weekend's off-plan eating and maybe that's why? I'm still getting used to our laptop (in the sense that I'm still getting used to figuring out how to incorporate it into my day without spending all my time on it! ). A dear friend found me online last night and got me chatting, which was great, but I sure needed to go to bed!

SSDD here--gym, home, and making dinner. DH is working the church spaghetti supper tonight, so I'll be eating alone. I hope to fill out my goal chart today (I've been trying ever since Kaplods mentioned it!) while I have that alone time.

Have a great day, chickies!

Last edited by beachgal; 09-25-2008 at 09:00 AM.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:03 AM   #20  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Morning girls

Ruth - you've inspired me to go through our bills and change them all to both names. DH is not going to be happy about having to spend all afternoon on the phone with these companies to do so, though. When we move, we're likely going to have to change everything anyway, so maybe I can just wait until November.

I think we found a house....maybe....we may just rent for the time being. We can't afford two mortgages and we may end up moving to Baton Rouge next year. It really isn't worth buying a house, selling this one, and then having to go through the process all over again.

Not much happening today - I've vowed to give my bathrooms a thorough scrubbing today. Even though the bathroom looks clean - It has been too long since I've cleaned behind the toilet and in the shower. Ick. I started by washing the shower curtain and liner last night.

Yesterday when I went to the supermarket I found a ton of quick sale meats that needed to be either consumed or frozen within 48 hours. I bought most everything they had. Lean ground beef for $.99 a lb., pork chops for $1.50/lb., pork loins....freezer is restocked.

schmoo,

Last edited by zeffryn; 09-25-2008 at 09:05 AM.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:08 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Morning ladies! I just can't seem to get here early enough to do personals! Still flying high after DD awesome Volleyball game lastnight, there was a great write up in the paper this morning with the coach mentioning how improved she was and what a great job she did! She made 17 of 19 serves lastnight! I know I gush too much!

Woke this morning to a new friends request on facebook from a former HS classmate who is rather famous now (think of a popular little person), who would have thought after 21 years he would even remember who I am?

Well I have another busy day ahead and I'm not getting anything done hanging out here. Have a great day ladies!

Oh and just to clarify my post lastnight, my tiara and wand were a gift from a co-worker, I didn't actually buy it!
Old 09-25-2008, 09:12 AM   #22  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

Zeff--I am impressed you can lean over to clean. I have had pain when I try to bend over since I was like 15 weeks, ridiculously early. Not sure if it was how she was positioned or what. I need to clean so desperately but have zero energy when I get home from work and not a whole heck of a lot of mobility!! I think it's good I am working because I am afraid if I were at home I would only get off the couch to pee. Too hard to get up and down. LOL.

I confess that I think all our bills are in DH's name and I wouldn't even know how to pay them if something happened to him. Eeek! I do have a store credit card that I pay off if I use it that month so I have some credit in my name.

Definitely a yawning kind of morning. I barely slept last night between potty breaks and crazy dreams. Looking forward to making soup tonight and watching The Office!

ETA: Interested and probably showing my ignorance, but what do you DO with dried tomatoes and peppers and such?

Last edited by JessieW; 09-25-2008 at 09:15 AM.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:27 AM   #23  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Good Morning Ladies!!! Happy Thursday!!!
Ruth - Ah yes, the morning potty break. My dogs require it almost the exact moment they wake up. Hope you're able to get everything cleaned today. ANd yes, I'm also looking forward to Gray's!!!

Cyndi - Our exercise queen is unmotivated to exercise....that's not like you. Hopefully it's just the weather and such. Try changing things up a bit, that sometimes helps me.

Mandy - Enjoy your lovely weather!!!

Cottage - Glad to hear that you're feeling better. Cuddling up in front of a movie sounds LOVELY!!!!

Loriann - Good luck on that interview today. And i hope you find a bra that's really supportive

Barb - You would think that after what your ex has been through there might have been some perspective on his part and understand things a little bit better. Sorry he continues to be a donkey!

Schmoodle - Good luck at your IEP. I hope that it's an amicable meeting...is it his annual review. I didn't know you had a son with an IEP. I hope it all goes well. Enjoy your tomatoes.

Laurie - Sorry to hear that you're so tired. Make sure you're getting your beans and dairy in (like we need to tell you ) Enjoy your quiet time tonight.

Zeff - To clean the bathroom at your time in the pregnancy is quite the feat. Great job. Did you decide on a movie for the weekend???

Stephanie - Sounds like your DD is really making her mark. Aren't you glad you talked with the coach. Great work!!!

Jessie - Me too, right now regarding the bills. But I figure that when we buy a home, we'll switch to joint accounts. That's actually a good reminder as well.

Me - The scale is very kind this morning.....down another 1.5 pounds. I've officially lost over 40 pounds!!! Had a great dinner last night, planning on posting the Italian green bean recipe I made. So yummy!!! Nothing much different tonight. Lots of TV....Survivor, Ugly Betty, Gray's Anatomy. It's a full night. We still have nothing on deck this weekend....which is strange for us. I'm sure we'll come up with something soon.
Have a great Thursday, Ladies!!!
Old 09-25-2008, 09:36 AM   #24  
Determined to lose!

HMA, congrats on the scale!
Old 09-25-2008, 09:41 AM   #25  
beachin'

Jessie - I can't bend over and touch my toes (DH paints my toenails now) - but I've been doing prenatal yoga that has been keeping me limber...also, maybe the second pregnancy has something to do with it. I put on some construction knee pads and crawl around. I can only work in 10-15 minute stints though.
Have a nice day!

Hmac- Congrats on the loss! The really hard cleaning I save for DH and I'm afraid if I don't get it done now....it won't get done. It only gets harder when I get bigger. As far as the movie - I put a bunch of movies on my netflix and whichever one comes is what we'll watch.

Last edited by zeffryn; 09-25-2008 at 09:41 AM.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:43 AM   #26  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Wow, that's great Heather! Time to go shopping (okay, I almost always think it's time to go shopping)!
Old 09-25-2008, 09:47 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Great Job Heather!
Old 09-25-2008, 11:08 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 329/311/not 329

Height: 5'6"

Morning Ladies... DH gave me his lovely cold so now I'm sick with both kidney infect AND stupid cold. I'm not sure what I'll be able to eat today with a swollen throat. So far I've had coffee.. that's it.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:09 AM   #29  
beachin'

Smoothie?

Suggestion for all you ladies: Do not store your chapstick next to your glue stick in your desk drawer.

Last edited by zeffryn; 09-25-2008 at 11:09 AM.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:11 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 241/232/165

Height: 5.7

really dig the alliteration
rah rah rah heather! awesomest!
Closed Thread