South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 12:43 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Mel your right on my friend request I got. I graduated HS with him, and yes I saw him on the Surreal Life, it was very painful to watch because that wasn't the guy I went to school with. We all hoped he would be at our class reunion but he was filming something is Canada at the time and couldn't get away. Poor guys has it rough, I sure wouldn't want his life. I'll take my boring same ole, same ole anyday!

Welcome Brie

Last edited by Pacergal29; 09-25-2008 at 12:45 PM.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:52 PM   #47  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Wow, I can't believe I was right! *does a Right dance*

You must have been pretty memorable since he still remembers you after 21 years and after all of the celebrities he must have met during the years since. Maybe as an old friend, you'd be able to help him out. From what I saw on the surreal life, seems he was in a very dark place. Congrats on getting back into contact with an old friend, it sounds pretty exciting. I wonder who I'll know in 21 years who has become a celebrity? Maybe me. Just kidding. I couldn't deal with their lifestyle.. like you said, I'd take my boring life any day.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:21 PM   #48  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Bathrooms done. I added some lemon and orange essential oils to my shaklee basic H so the bathrooms would smell nice and clean. It really worked! I washed all the curtains in the bathrooms and took down the blinds (DH can wash those later - I'm pooped!). I was surprised at how much brighter the curtains are now!

ok - lunch time. I need to put my feet up for awhile.

Mel - I really like that cat pose - that combined with other yoga poses have really done wonders to keep my body pretty limber. Also - elevating my feet when my back is sore helps.

Last edited by zeffryn; 09-25-2008 at 01:22 PM.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:07 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 346/346/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Melanie View Post
I think it's like 2 cups of dairy a day which means milk and whatever else anyone can add to that. Cheese is a different group from the dairy and you're supposed to have cheese too.
Yep, cheese is considered a protein on SBD. I believe the beans are 1/3 to 1/2 cup. I'm gonna have to look up some bean recipes. I like them, but don't know what to do with them besides chili and bean soup
Old 09-25-2008, 02:17 PM   #50  
Healthy mommy

Can you come clean my bathroom? Heheh. The house is such a wreck right now. And I found something quite disgusting in the bathtub... kitten poop... and I've been doing everything to train them. Now I've got to fill the tub with hot water and bleach.

Cat Pose; everytime I did it BF would laugh wildly at me and said I didn't look like I was doing it right, like the woman in the video did. Ahh I remember how huge I was. I had bad acid in the back of my throat and sleeping comfortably was ****. In retrospect, if I had tried more to do the cat pose efficiently, it may have helped more. But I was so huge and bloated with an over 9 lb baby and aches and pains and everything else that the effort was intimidating. As you could imagine, I complained a lot during the latter stages of pregnancy and BF didn't pay me any mind. If only they could feel what it's like.. And I hardly exercised a day during pregnancy which probably had a lot to do with how hard it was for me to do certain things such as the cat pose and other things. I got high blood pressure and I had to be induced. The day before my due date, I was admitted into the hospital to be induced and it didn't take. The next day, they gave me the oxytocin again and then the doctor broke my water (horrible, horrible). So Liam ended up being born on not only his due date, but his father's birthday. The whole time he was overjoyed that the due date was his birthday, and he kept telling me Liam would be born that day, despite what I read about babies being born usually a little later or a little earlier than the due dates. But, that's what ended up happening! So we'll celebrate Liam's first birthday on his daddy's 28th... pretty cool, huh?

Yep, I'm all reliving my own experience because there's two preggos here and it's pretty exciting, I can feel excitement for you guys because I remember how it was, the bad and the good!

When are you due? Sometime soon, isn't it?

Jelly, WHERE YOU AT!?

Did you watch DOOL? We must discuss!

SheltieMomma, I don't know much of what to do with beans either. In fact I am not crazy about them, other than hummus which is a really great dip. Especially the garlic kind! Have you had that? Welcome to the SBD by the way.

Last edited by Fat Melanie; 09-25-2008 at 02:20 PM.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:30 PM   #51  
beachin'

My c-section is scheduled for Dec. 31. I was induced last time because I had a small, tilted pelvis and a very large baby (thanks to my DH who is 6'6) - they induced 3 weeks before my due date which led to a 28 hour labor before I finally ended up having to have a section.

JessieW is due very soon! and AutumnRose is another preggo....but she's due sometime in 2009 if I recall correctly.

Man, litter training is so simple. We just threw our kitty into the box, smushed his feet around a little and done.

btw, if you bathe the baby in that same tub - you may just want to use white vinegar instead of bleach. Same disinfecting properties - only not so lethal.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:44 PM   #52  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

I am hoping this baby takes after her father, who is miniscule. And his only struggle with weight is trying to gain it. He is 5'5" and about 130 lbs. We all hate his kind, eh?

I really, really wish I had exercised more than I have during this pregnancy. I am worried about laboring being much harder because I am out of shape. I do the cat pose and other things to try to ease my back pain.

I am due 3 days before my DH's birthday and he really DOESN'T want me to have the baby on his birthday. LOL. He doesn't want to share. He also doesn't want a Halloween baby. Picky, picky. I will be so happy to have her out I don't care what day it is anymore. Although I would like her to wait a few more weeks and get good and healthy.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:47 PM   #53  
Healthy mommy

Whoa, 6'6! Nice! Tall men are the best. BF is 6'3 and I thought THAT was tall.

Oh yeah! I forgot about AutumnRose! But I recall reading about JessieW being due soon. It's pretty exciting.

Baby boy has his own personal bathtub BUT, I just cleaned out his tub last night with hot water and bleach and then repeatedly rinsed it. I didn't know that it was lethal to babies! Uh oh. I mean, I know if they ingest it and I know not to sit them in pure bleach, or even diluted bleach water but I thought cleaning the tub and then rinsing it was fine. Thanks for the heads up, I'll use vinegar from now on. I used that the other day to clean the countertops and kitchen floor when I was out of bleach. And it makes windws all sparkly.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:51 PM   #54  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

hey gang.... welcoem Brie

Zeff my anniversary is December 31st!
Old 09-25-2008, 02:51 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 263/263/140

Height: 5'4" Age: 41

Hey Mel, I haven't watched DOOL yet, have a headache (as always) i'm trying to get rid of.. and my dad worrying and blah blahing to me about the economy crisis doesn't make me feel any better.. I think his mouth is giving me headaches seriously.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:52 PM   #56  
Healthy mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessieW View Post
I am hoping this baby takes after her father, who is miniscule. And his only struggle with weight is trying to gain it. He is 5'5" and about 130 lbs. We all hate his kind, eh?

I really, really wish I had exercised more than I have during this pregnancy. I am worried about laboring being much harder because I am out of shape. I do the cat pose and other things to try to ease my back pain.

I am due 3 days before my DH's birthday and he really DOESN'T want me to have the baby on his birthday. LOL. He doesn't want to share. He also doesn't want a Halloween baby. Picky, picky. I will be so happy to have her out I don't care what day it is anymore. Although I would like her to wait a few more weeks and get good and healthy.
When I was in labor, it took hours and I had to keep pushing and then give up, out of breath. I should have exercised more as well! But, eventually the baby's gotta come out. I think you'll do fine though. I'm excited for you.

I avoided being born on Halloween by just a few hours, was born the day after. I can see why your DH doesn't want the baby to be born on his birthday but, then again, it's really special. BF calls it his own very special best-ever birthday gift.

When are you due?
Old 09-25-2008, 02:55 PM   #57  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

I'm due October 26.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:56 PM   #58  
Healthy mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyBean32882 View Post
Hey Mel, I haven't watched DOOL yet, have a headache (as always) i'm trying to get rid of.. and my dad worrying and blah blahing to me about the economy crisis doesn't make me feel any better.. I think his mouth is giving me headaches seriously.
I won't give anything away, (much), but you've gotta see the new low Trent Robbins has sunk to... Plus more allusion to Nicole's pregnancy.

Not to mention for a man probably pushing 60 if not already 60+, wow, he's got some body on him. Never noticed before, in his business suits and all. Today's episode, he was in a gray tanktop and he's really nicely built and tan. Wow. He can be my sugar daddy any day.

Chloe's boobs: Just something that needs to be mentioned in its own right. Where can I pick up a pair of those??! So jealous.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:57 PM   #59  
beachin'

Mel - it is lethal to anybody...not just babies. I'm sure it is fine if you rinse it very well....just remember - especially when DS starts to crawl and walk that there hands are in everything that you clean with...even if they don't even touch the bottle. They put their hands in their mouths...blah blah, you get the picture. Vinegar and baking soda were all I used for a really long time until I started using Shaklee stuff - but I still revert to vinegar for things like windows and kitchen floors (put a little vanilla or essential oils in it to cut the smell) it makes for nice shiny floors and windows!

Nessa - We can celebrate with champagne! If it is a good night, we'll both be in a little pain...me from labor, you from laundry....

Jessie - how excited are you! Oh my....I'm super excited for you!

Last edited by zeffryn; 09-25-2008 at 02:58 PM.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:58 PM   #60  
Healthy mommy

JessieW, I'm an idiot, after you mentioned Halloween and your husband not wanting the baby to be born that day, I should have figured it was somewhere around there. Homer Simpson D'oh!

That's not too long from now... a little over a month away... excited yet, or scared? Is this your first? I think I've read somewhere that this is your second child but most people here have kids so I've still yet to get everyone's individual stories straight.

Congratulations..

Soon!!!
Closed Thread