South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 05:42 PM   #76  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

You'll become malnourished, Jelly!
Old 09-25-2008, 06:06 PM   #77  

Your mouser banter takes me back to the first cat I had as an adult. She caused me to have mice. We were poor newly weds living in a mobile home when Dusty walked into the house proud as could be of the mouse she caught. Of course I screamed which made her drop it and run and the stupid mouse got away. What a time we had with mice after that. This is the same cat that used to like to run down the hall and jump on the rug in front of my refrigerator and ride it across the kitchen … until the day she did it just as I was opening the stupid door. We were sure she had killed herself but she was fine, had her many many years after that. She also thought it was funny to walk on the electronic keyboard when I tried to play it, I guess she thought she was accompanying me.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:08 PM   #78  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Evangeline - Our kitty does the same thing with sliding around....it must be a cat thing.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:11 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 220/172/170ish

Height: 5'10"

Loriann - My boss (the owner of the vet office i work at) is allergic to cats. She has 4 cats of her own, and comes in contact with many cats each day. There are only certain ones that really cause her problems though. When one of these cats come in she has to be extra sure not to rub her eyes until she washes her hands. Maybe you're just allergic to the kitty you have now, but not necessarily to all kitties? Good luck! One of my cats often decides to play fetch in the middle of the night.

And on a side note about kitties - one of mine had been "hunting" one of her toy mice for about a week. The other night I came home to find most of the mouse in tact on my bedroom floor...the rest of it was in a pile of vomit in the dining room. So of course i took her to the vet the next morning...she's been fine since and apparently vomited (or pooped) out every bit of it that she ate.

Loriann!
Old 09-25-2008, 06:50 PM   #80  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

I'm not rich either. It sucks. So we're going to change all of that. BF and I plan on going back to college in January, or whenever the next semester starts, and my grandmother has agreed to watch our son. BF already has computer tech certifications but wants to go for a full IT degree or something like that. Then one day we'll have decent jobs and actually own a place rather than renting.

It is hard to afford all of the food I need for the SBD so I understand where you're coming from. I try to buy bulk meat deals from the grocery store and stuff like that.

My friend is on food stamps, could your family qualify? It would probably help you greatly.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:33 PM   #81  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

Again, I repeat, Zeff, you crack me up. You're choice of words is priceless.

Last edited by Jenskihere; 09-25-2008 at 08:33 PM.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:35 PM   #82  

I don't have the energy to respond to most of the posts today. Work has been really stressful and I have more I still need to do but I'll probably wait until Brian goes to bed or at least closer to bed. I did find out I have to work 6 hours on Saturday but I was able to choose the early hours at least.

Today was one of those stressful days when I really wanted chocolate. I didn't have any in the house and caved when I went to Curriculum night at the school. I just occured to me that I could have made SF pudding. Oh, well, at least I have a wonderful south beach dinner of leftovers that I took from the freezer that is heating in the microwave so I won't be tempted to eat junk.

Still no word from Robert. I suppose if I don't hear tomorrow I should try calling his friends to find out what hospital he was transferred. For Brian's sake anyway.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:49 PM   #83  
beachin'

That's it?

Man...the median income in America is only about 50k. How on earth do they do it?

--

Barb - I hope everything stops being so stressful for the two of you soon. You are being such a great mom to Brian taking him to the hospital all the time, especially given how Robert is treating you.

Last edited by zeffryn; 09-25-2008 at 08:52 PM.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:01 PM   #84  
beachin'

probably not....retail pays WAY less than 50k.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:46 PM   #85  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone. I finally got my electricity back yesterday and the internet connection finally came back up today. Woohoo.

Zeff-how's your little world after the hurricane? Did you get much damage? We got alot of damage. I was out of electricity for 12 days with no generator until the last 3. It totally sucked!!!!
Old 09-25-2008, 09:46 PM   #86  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

oy... is right...

so glad i was off being told we were approved to adopt this guy
http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/dis...petid=11774998

we want the one in the back that's standing....

i'm so excited!
Old 09-25-2008, 09:48 PM   #87  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

tk - welcome back....so glad to hear from you !!!! Glad to hear that you weathered the storm
Old 09-25-2008, 09:59 PM   #88  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Tk - Welcome back!

Nessa - awwwww We will, of course, need more pictures It's my vicarious dog fix.

Zeffryn - aren't community college stipends great - grrrrrr

It's been a long day and I'm going to fall down now. Have a good night all
Old 09-25-2008, 10:00 PM   #89  
beachin'

TK! Good to hear from you, dear! I was starting to get a little worried but figured you were just out of power. We're fine, no damage from Ike, never lost power. What was damaged?

SO glad you're back!

Nessa, he's freakin' cute. When do you get him?

Cyndi, his stipend comes from the actual university....it is pittance. The big catch 22? You are unable to get another job while on the stipend. Thankfully, because this is his last semester they approved his picking up a few classes at the local community college. His dissertation adviser told him that he should just take out a huge loan and live on that while he was finishing school....awesome, thanks for the advice. He can graduate AND pay off a huge loan. Whoohoo! The income this semester is higher than it has been since we've been married....I'm like a kid in a candy store. We'll finally be able to replace the money that we used from our savings and actually save more *crosses fingers*. I did learn some great lessons in frugality though over these past few years.

Last edited by zeffryn; 09-25-2008 at 10:04 PM.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:14 PM   #90  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

bad news. the owners while saying we could adopt one are balking at us taking boone and not scout... well I told them I can't take two....

so now they will call me back tomorrow to discuss it further. I'm mad.
Closed Thread