South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 11:12 AM   #31  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

Zeff - You didn't!!!!

Cyndi - Believe me.....I've already been shopping. I got some great deals at Sears and Lane Bryant over the summer. But I'm looking forward to buying some new pants when it cools off.

Thanks everyone!!!!

Last edited by hmacneil6; 09-25-2008 at 11:18 AM.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:13 AM   #32  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Heather - just one lip...
Old 09-25-2008, 11:15 AM   #33  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

Zeff--Did you really or did you just read that on Rocks in My Dryer?? LOL. I saw this Twitter about 5 minutes ago: http://twitter.com/rocksinmydryer

Please tell me I am not hallucinating!
Old 09-25-2008, 11:17 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 329/311/not 329

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeffryn View Post
Smoothie?

Suggestion for all you ladies: Do not store your chapstick next to your glue stick in your desk drawer.

HAHAHAHAHAHA...
Old 09-25-2008, 11:18 AM   #35  
beachin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessieW View Post
Zeff--Did you really or did you just read that on Rocks in My Dryer?? LOL. I saw this Twitter about 5 minutes ago: http://twitter.com/rocksinmydryer

Please tell me I am not hallucinating!
are you serious? that's crazy. I did it early this morning (about 2 a.m.) when I was digging through my desk because my lips were cracked.

man, I haven't twittered in a long time...I need to get back to that.

What is rocks in my dryer?
Old 09-25-2008, 11:20 AM   #36  
Recovering Sugarholic

Height: 5'3"

Rocks in My Dryer is just the name of that lady's blog. For a minute I thought I was insane and it HAD to be the same person. LOL.

If you follow Twitter at all, I am vanderbiltwife.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:22 AM   #37  
beachin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessieW View Post
Rocks in My Dryer is just the name of that lady's blog. For a minute I thought I was insane and it HAD to be the same person. LOL.

If you follow Twitter at all, I am vanderbiltwife.
Oh my.

I'm Zeffryn - but I haven't updated in ages....I'm not very fun to follow

I'll have to check out her blog, although I definitely do not need another blog to read in the mornings.

mmk...time to tackle the bathroom. Blech.

Last edited by zeffryn; 09-25-2008 at 11:23 AM.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:28 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 346/346/140

Height: 5'8"

Hello everyone

My name is Brie and I'm new to the forums, but not new to SBD. From Oct. 06 to Apr. 07 I lost 50 lbs on SBD, but then went into a depression and gained it back

So, I'm starting over again. Starting phase 1 on Monday. Hubby is starting with me too We both need to lose over 200 lbs and I know that SBD works!

Gotta get back to the gym also. I love working out. Don't know why I ever quit
Old 09-25-2008, 11:35 AM   #39  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Sheltiemomma. Thanks for joining the crazy daily chat thread.

Be sure to join the Phase One Thread when you tackle SBD on Monday. CAn I assume you've read the book? There's lots of additional info and hints in the FAQ section.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:47 AM   #40  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Ruthxxx, I love your new avatar. It's adorable! Very Autumny, too.

Barb, uh oh, and here I thought the accident changed good old Robert from what I've read recently. Seems he's slowly easing back into his own ways! I hate, hate, hate when a man b*tches about paying child support as my dad constantly did the same. Why don't they feel they should have to? Urggh. It's a quality in a man that makes me literally cringe in disgust. I hope things get better soon.

Loriann, your ex is a gigantic word I can't say here so I'll use the word 'jerk' in replacement. I agree, that Robert shouldn't have said those things in front of the child!

Pacergal, don't tell me you're friends with Verne Troyer? Did you ever see his antics on that trashy show the surreal life... wow.

HcMacneil, yes Ugly Betty!!!!!!!!! And congrats on the 40lb loss.

Hi everyone else. Pregnant Ladies... did your doctors or birthing instructors or whoever tell you about that awkward cat arch pose? Mine did. She suggested doing that when I had back pain and other uncomfortable pains from the pregnancy. When BF and I were showed a video of a weird instructor doing said pose, we had to keep from laughing, like the immature children that we were. The thing was, that thing only seemed to work at the moment you did it, never after. They touted it as some sort of lasting stretch to ease your pain for the night but it didn't work for me. Did feel good when doing it (the cat arch pose, that is.)

We bought DS a jumper/bouncer thing, whatever you call it, like the doctor suggested. It's in the shape of a big yellow car, complete with steering wheel and all. It is stationary and you stand in it and bounce up and down. So far he's not quite tall enough and seems to sink down in it. But it's adorable.

We decided we won't try to return the walker because my grandmother's feelings will be hurt, but we'll use it only occasionally. Say for example, I hear someone arrive, see my grandmother get out of her car, and head toward the front door. Occasions like that!

Plus, at the moment, he can't really walk anywhere in the walker, he just stands up in it and presses against the floor with his feet. So I figure for now he's getting good leg exercise out of it since he's not propelling himself all over the place. So I put him in it sometimes, like now while I'm at the computer. It's like a little spaceship and he likes to press the steering wheel button because it plays noise and play with the big beads on it. Soon he'll be on his dreaded tummy time which is getting easier for him.

Last night he went into the crib with no problems. He lay there for awhile and then went to sleep. I finished up this really good book I've been digesting the past week or so. This was not a quick read, this was a slow digestion process because it was a particularly detailed book with deeper lessons in it than your normal typical book fare. "Stones from the River" by Ursula Hegi. Probably one of the better-written books I've read in awhile although it was depressing. But definitely something to chew on.

Last edited by Fat Melanie; 09-25-2008 at 11:53 AM.
Old 09-25-2008, 11:50 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 346/346/140

Height: 5'8"

Yep, I've read the 1st book, a couple times actually lol

I've been trying to read the supercharged, but I can't seem to get it from the library, it's always checked out GRRR! I put myself on the waiting list, hopefully I'll get it soon

But I know I'm supposed to add beans and dairy into my daily eating, right?
Old 09-25-2008, 11:53 AM   #42  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeffryn View Post
Smoothie?

Suggestion for all you ladies: Do not store your chapstick next to your glue stick in your desk drawer.
Zeff - You crack me up!!
Old 09-25-2008, 12:15 PM   #43  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

I think it's like 2 cups of dairy a day which means milk and whatever else anyone can add to that. Cheese is a different group from the dairy and you're supposed to have cheese too.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:17 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 263/263/140

Height: 5'4" Age: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx View Post
War has been declared around here! The mice have come back and kindly left a wee calling card on the shelf where I keep my crockpot. Grrr! I have shelves in the stairwell running to the cellar and that's where they start their invasion. Sneaky little buggers! It's WARfarin time! I need to head them off before they hit the kitchen.
Hey Ruth, we get mice all the time in our house. They rummage through the garbage, and they eat cat friskies too, LOL.. they leave their freakin little turds all over the place and chew through everything.. I have a pair of jeans they wrecked aside from all of mom's barbie doll collectables - boy is she gonna be pissed. Does Warfarin work to rid of them?

BTW, my cats do nothing to the mouse, they just stare at it, LOL
Old 09-25-2008, 12:39 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

hmac, it was a meeting to determine if he needs his retesting, which they do every three years if necessary. He is just starting middle school and is having some issues with the transition, nothing extreme. He is diagnosed with a specific learning disability, which to me translates to: he can't spell worth anything and his handwriting is atrociously illegible. Otherwise he's very bright. He used to have big issues with reading, 2 grade levels below his age, but he had a great team in elementary school and did Read Naturally and is now on grade level with that.

zeff, you should do that sometime when your DH is around. He might enjoy having your lips glued together for a while. Sorry couldn't resist. I know mine would Especially if it's that bi*chy TOM

Hi Brie!! Welcome.
Closed Thread