South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 09:59 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 329/311/not 329

Height: 5'6"

Jens... mirena IUD is changed every 5 years. yes you keep it in. It doesn't hurt a bit, especially if you've ever had a baby. And the best thing about it... you don't get periods after a couple months.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:10 PM   #47  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

Do you still get any of the hormones that the pill delivers? NuvaRing had those hormones in it too.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:13 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 263/263/140

Height: 5'4" Age: 41

Boy I wish I didn't get periods at all, hate em. If I ever got the chance at getting the depo shot I would, trust me. And being a woman is much more expensive, men have no idea.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:15 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 329/311/not 329

Height: 5'6"

with Mirena you get a tiny bit of progesterone.. which is why your periods are absent.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:17 PM   #50  
Finding success on beach

Hmmmmm. Something to think about. Any of you also suffer from PCOS that are using Mirena? Just curious.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:19 PM   #51  
Determined to lose!

HAVING PCOS, dr's warn about not having regular periods! The lining of the uterus builds up when a women does't have her period regularly, which can cause cancer!
Old 09-20-2008, 10:24 PM   #52  
Finding success on beach

then why is Seasonale (sp?) being prescribed now, just wondering??
My doctor doesn't seem to think my absent periods are a problem... which doesn't seem right to me!! I get alarmed when they don't show up. He also doesn't seem to think that a 1-2 day period of light flow is an issue either! Maybe I need a new doctor!!
Old 09-20-2008, 10:43 PM   #53  
Determined to lose!

Jens, my gynecologist has warned me time and again if I don't have a period every three months I need to bring it on, not using a pill but a prescription he gives me, I forget it's name. He says the pill only thickens the lining on the uterus and therefore offsets the use of the period!

A second opinion never hurts, and perhaps google it.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:53 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 263/263/140

Height: 5'4" Age: 41

I'd be blessed getting 1-2 days of light flow.. but being overweight it ain't so light. I thank god for Midol, LOL
Old 09-20-2008, 11:44 PM   #55  
jeep girl

S/C/G: 219/ticker/180

Height: 5'11

I have PCOS as well and am currently on orthocyclen and will go months before breaking to have a full cycle. My doctors have told me that's the best option for me because it actually lessens the chance of different types of cancers due to the decrease in fluctuation of hormones. When off the pill for even a day my hormones get out of control and I become a crazy woman. I honestly, before starting on the pill, felt as though I had some sort of chemical imbalance...but it was all due to hormones...lovely. My androgen levels also spike if I'm off of the pill for any amount of time. I am single with no intentions of getting pregnant anytime soon...haven't even considered an IUD...so I don't have much advice to give.

But my doctors are saying the same thing your doc is. Absent periods (due to being on the pill) in a controlled environment are FINE, along with light flow for a few days. In the case of irregular periods when NOT on the pill or other form of the same, it is a big cause for concern. The way it was explained to me is that by taking a monophasic pill (like orthocyclen or yazmin...and others) your body is in a "holding pattern" and isn't cycling, so none of the build up is happening, and after a few breaks from the pill and bleeding, after your body has cleaned itself out, there just isn't much left to bleed.....at least that's the way it has been explained to me by my reproductive endo and my gyn.

It does all get confusing and overwhelming at times!
Old 09-21-2008, 07:29 AM   #56  
Determined to lose!

Good morning girls. Kitty kept me up a few hours after going to bed! She's still a very sweet girl, but obviously feeling better as her energy level has spiked and she doesn't stop! Nor does that purring motor!

Lets see, I'm debating on going to church this am, will go definitely this evening. Thinking of taking Jade to the lake, then going shopping for food.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:05 AM   #57  

S/C/G: 144.4/137/120

Height: 5

Morning Ladies, yesterday was non-stop from 5am on, setting up for the yard sale, festival parade, tearing down yard sale, groceries, festival, ugh! Now my house is a disaster and I have mount laundry to take on today.

For the moment though I am enjoying some coffee and the sound of nothing!

With 4 pages I will never get to personal, but Mel what did that darn test say??? Hope whatever the results are you are ok with it.

OH an I sure as heck am not popping out a kid! Ugh facing 40 this year and youngest graduating HS this year, I think I would have to be committed!

Back to the festival parade for a moment, we had this great addition to our small town parade this year, the final entry was a dance/drill crew (South Shore Drill Team) from up by the Chicago area. DD was so excited to see them and then their bus was loading at the end of the route in front our house and she walked over to talk to them. Just not something you see in our small "hicktown". Very interesting though.

Ok time for a refill and to catch up on some other posts. Have a great Sunday everyone.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:26 AM   #58  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

happy sunday

i'm sitting here with color on my hair.. gotta go rinse it off.

made yummy crab soup last night... no barley (i use it instead of potatoes) so i threw some Kasha (buckwheat groats) in... still came out GREAT.

as for periods. I"m old i'm 48 in 1993 I had my tubes tied so no more birth control worries for me. In 2004 due to very very heavy periods I had something called an endometrial ablation (NOT an option if you still want to have children) so even though I still ovulate pretty regularly (PMS tends to still be a problem) I do NOT get a period at all and have not had more than an occasional stain or spot in FOUR YEARS.

so for any of those perimenopausal women who are done with babies and dont' want this mess ask your doc about it.

plans today LAUNDRY....
Old 09-21-2008, 08:45 AM   #59  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Good morning Chicks

I'm feeling quite virtuous this morning (my daughter spells that insane). Since Thursday night I've dried and packaged 10 trays of peppers, 6 trays of plum tomatoes, 8 trays of angel hair cabbage and 1 tray of tomatillos; went to the Farmer's Market; picked 1/2 bushel of apples; found freezer containers for sauce; made yogurt and strained to turn into greek yogurt; baked whole grain bread; made applesauce from the cores of all the apples and pears we used the last few days; gutted and rearranged my food storage closet; made a huge pan of brown rice and 1 lb of dried garbanzos for the week; and did the usual laundry and errands. Today I'm drying another 10 trays of greens & peppers then apple rings,making tomato sauce to freeze, and putting the garden to bed. It might actually be more relaxing to go to work tomorrow! The whole grain pancake with fresh apple pear sauce makes it all worthwhile though

LoriAnn - your new baby is so cute! I thought orange cats were all males! I love orange kitties

Zeff - How was the party?

Heather - Did you have a successful donation request outing?

everyone. Too many posts to do personals for everyone but hope you all have a good day!
Old 09-21-2008, 09:07 AM   #60  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenskihere View Post
This topic of IUD is interesting to me. I have thought about it. I have a horrible time of remembering to take my pills!! (Like last week for example, now TOM is 2 weeks early!! DUH!). I have other issues going on, so getting pregnant isn't very easy for me. I take the pill to keep things regular. I am pretty sure we are done having kids, but I don't want DH to make that official yet. My doctor gave me a trial sample of the NuvaRing and I LOVED IT! Too bad my insruance didn't cover it! So back to the pill for me! :-(

Those who use the IUD, you keep it in always? How often do you have to get it changed??
I did the ring...until my doctor told me that she had just delivered three babies from girls on the ring in the last two weeks.

The IUD stays in always. It is put in place by your gyno. The one that I'm wearing (mirena) lasts up to five years - five freakin' years that I don't have to worry!!!. I think they might have one that offers fewer years of protection as well. They don't interfere with your fertility like depo and they can be removed at any time.

I sound like the commercial.

I haven't had any side effects to speak of either. A little cramping the day of insertion, but nothing since. I have CRAZY pms - like, I go absolutely nuts - and it seems to regulate my hormones a bit. DH likes that part.

and I also see that Brenda answered this first....crap.

--

Cyndi - the party was good. We got home late. Food was good. I should have made a double batch of biscuits because they were gone in 30 seconds. LSU won...not that I care, much.

Anyway, what is with children going to bed late and waking up REALLY early? DS didn't fall asleep until 11:30 last night and woke up this morning at 7 just ready to play. *sigh* I'm contemplating what to make for breakfast. I was thinking an egg thing of some kind, but I have some bruised peaches that need to be used.

If anybody has any suggestions...feel free...

Nessa - what is the new hair color? I ordered some henna hair dye the other day when I noticed I had two...yes, two...gray hairs. I can only thank god that DH will turn 30 in a few weeks and has way more gray hair than I do

Last edited by zeffryn; 09-21-2008 at 09:14 AM.
Closed Thread