South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 04:36 PM   #31  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

So, I just got finished cooking/baking everything that I'm bringing tonight. I think I went a little overboard....but DH really doesn't like his sister's cooking (it's the first time I've had anything of hers) and he begged me to bring food. I made roasted rosemary potatoes, cheddar biscuits with old bay seasoning, a big greek salad and an apple pear tart. She told me to bring whatever I wanted It's a big party so the more food, the better...right?

DS is snuggled in on the couch watching Land Before Time and DH is at the gym playing basketball.

Ah....relaxation.
Old 09-20-2008, 05:06 PM   #32  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

Cherrycolored, I know the feeling!!

SBD Sass, I hope the dress fits you well. I just bought an adorable dress today... brand new, at a secondhand shop, with the tags still on, for $3. BF begged me to put it on but it's a 9/10 so I'll wait. If I turn up pregnant then the waiting will be even longer.

Everyone else, thanks for the input. I was trying to be sneaky and buy a test when we were at Dollar General earlier, but BF was right there talking to people so I didn't. I don't want to get him overly excited yet when I'm not quite so.. you know? Plus, if I'm not, he'll be disappointed. I'm going to call my friend, actually, she just dropped her computer off for BF to take a look at it and will be back later, since they're going to town. I'll have her stop at a store and get me one and pay her when she gets here. Why did I not think of that when she was here.. argh. I managed to whisper to her that I'm late so, better go call her cell before BF gets back from the neighbors!
Old 09-20-2008, 05:25 PM   #33  
Healthy mommy

Cool. Got up with my friend, told her to stop at the Dollar Tree and pick me up two tests. One for now, the other one for next week if the test is negative and I still haven't started. Some may be skeptical of the Dollar Tree $1 tests, but that's how I found out I was pregnant the last time. I was surprised they actually worked. I told her to double wrap it and drop it into my huge purse when BF wasn't looking. Since he's incredibly nosy, we'll see how that goes.

Re: birth control.. *ashamed* I was supposed to go get the Mirena IUD but I never did. Idiotic, I know. No one to blame but myself, I know. I feel pretty stupid admitting to it but it's true.
Old 09-20-2008, 05:31 PM   #34  
beachin'

Mel - if you don't want to be pregnant....get on some form of birth control. I hope you at least make BF wear a....you know...If you don't turn up pregnant...get that darn IUD! Mirena has been my (and DH's) best friend
Old 09-20-2008, 05:35 PM   #35  
Healthy mommy

If I don't turn out to be, I'm going to beg and borrow a ride to New Bern, which is 30 mins away, and make that IUD appointment. I don't want anymore scares like this! How bad does it hurt to get the IUD? I'll still get it but wanna know what I'm gonna come up against.
Old 09-20-2008, 05:57 PM   #36  
beachin'

not at all. It's a little uncomfortable, but it doesn't hurt at all.
Old 09-20-2008, 06:18 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 263/263/140

Height: 5'4" Age: 41

It's weird, everyone but me is popping out babies.. I've only had 1 guy in my life and he was sterile.. maybe someday in the next oh, 5 years I can be lucky and have a kid.
Old 09-20-2008, 06:38 PM   #38  
Determined to lose!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyBean32882 View Post
It's weird, everyone but me is popping out babies.. I've only had 1 guy in my life and he was sterile.. maybe someday in the next oh, 5 years I can be lucky and have a kid.

Um, not all of us! And I've done my time! Not looking for another! (hhmmm, perhaps why the kitten? ) :wink:
Old 09-20-2008, 06:57 PM   #39  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Quote:

just remember Jelly, not everyone is cut out to have children and there are many disorders that are inherited.

IF I had known then what I know NOW, I don't know that I would have had my kids.....
Old 09-20-2008, 07:01 PM   #40  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Schmoodle I'm making crab soup tonite!
Old 09-20-2008, 07:14 PM   #41  
Finding success on beach

Height: 5ft 9"

This topic of IUD is interesting to me. I have thought about it. I have a horrible time of remembering to take my pills!! (Like last week for example, now TOM is 2 weeks early!! DUH!). I have other issues going on, so getting pregnant isn't very easy for me. I take the pill to keep things regular. I am pretty sure we are done having kids, but I don't want DH to make that official yet. My doctor gave me a trial sample of the NuvaRing and I LOVED IT! Too bad my insruance didn't cover it! So back to the pill for me! :-(

Those who use the IUD, you keep it in always? How often do you have to get it changed??
Old 09-20-2008, 07:29 PM   #42  
Determined to lose!

I have the best, safest, easiest, cheapest birth control!!!!! ABSTINENCE!

(Ducks from those that love, um, sex!))) (btw, I do too, but I not married! :P
Old 09-20-2008, 07:44 PM   #43  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
*KNOCKING WOOD*

Not me!!!!

Oh, and Lori? I'm not married either......
Old 09-20-2008, 09:11 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 263/263/140

Height: 5'4" Age: 41

LOL Loriann, I thought abstinence before I had a guy, then I dated someone and next thing I know I'm enjoying the sexual experience. Ever since the EX I haven't had sex, and not planning on it either unless it's someone who I have dated at least a month and if it feels right. I don't believe in flings or casual relationships.
Old 09-20-2008, 09:18 PM   #45  
Determined to lose!

Lisa, I know, I realize I'm not in the majority on my beliefs!
Closed Thread