South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 11:41 AM   #16  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

WOOHOO Schmoo! Great news!
Old 09-20-2008, 11:46 AM   #17  

I finally made the decision to get a laptop for home use. I realized Brian was a baby when I got my desktop and it's practically useless due to lack of memory and diskspace. I searched the store last night and then ordered this morning from Best Buy. I'm leaving in a few minutes to pick it up. I don't know if I should spend the money but I really do need it especially if I do end up getting my job cut at some point. I rely on my work laptop too much.

Brian is camping this weekend. The weather is beautiful so he should be sailing, canoeing and out on a motorboat having fun.

I need to buckle down and work on the Gazettes for the course. Wood Badge is less than 2 weeks away now. I feel good about what I have accomplished but still have lots left to do including practicing my 50 minute presentation.
Old 09-20-2008, 11:53 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 329/311/not 329

Height: 5'6"

Morning everyone.

I think we may take the girls down to the orchard for apple and pumpkin picking.
Old 09-20-2008, 11:58 AM   #19  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Brenda - that sounds like so much fun. The closest pumpkin patch is over an hour away from us

Barb - we need a new laptop too. Our desktop is ancient and DH's laptop is reaaaaaallly wanting to just curl up and die. We've been saving for awhile and will probably end up getting one around November/December - probably as our x-mas gift to eachother.

Schmoo - Yay!! I'll bet you never thought you would appreciate people calling you fat
Old 09-20-2008, 12:01 PM   #20  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

Congrats SCHMOODLE! 3 pounds is a nice chunk of change.
Old 09-20-2008, 12:18 PM   #21  
Healthy mommy

S/C/G: 246/235/150

Height: 5'8 3/4

How are you girls liking NC? I hate it, but of course, I live in a crappy part of it. Hours and hours away is where all the cool stuff is.

Someone lost 3lbs, was it Schmoodle? Congratulations! Changing the ticker is always fun.

Loriann and Zeff, I'm trying to get into my yahoo mail to click the confirmation mail for the Meetup site, and it keeps screwing up on me. Once I do though, I'm joining a mommy/baby group for New Bern and I'm going to try to find rides to as many meetings as possible... I'm actually really excited but nervous too, I hope it's not cliquey and that I'll fit in. That was a great idea ... never thought I could find a group by looking online. I wasn't aware there were any such groups around me!

I'm worried and I know, I know, aren't I always worried or whining about something? But my TOM is late.. it is now the 20th, it should have been here around the 11th or so... I've tried not to worry but now that it's the 20th and nothing, I am. It's already almost the end of the month. A week ago, I felt crampy but then it went away... When I was pregnant, the same thing happened, missed TOM and had cramps like it was going to start but it never did and one test later, found out I was pregnant. I've been feeling my boobs for tenderness (they're not, yet) because the last time I was pregnant, I missed my period and checked the girls out and they were tender. I know that not everyone has the same pregnancy symptoms nor will the same person have the same symptoms every time but, still. I know it's selfish to whine about this when there are plenty of people who would love to become pregnant, but that's not what I had in mind out of life right now.. I didn't plan on another until my mid to late 20's or even 30's.. But, it's my own fault. If I am, I'll do all of the right things and love my child just as much.

But is it wrong to wish that I'm not? I am experiencing a guilty conscience because there are chicks here with PCOS and stuff, and I don't want to sound like a ungrateful little pig.

I actually haven't told BF yet that my TOM is late. I haven't told anyone, not even my mother or friends.

I'm just waiting... hoping TOM will start. If it hasn't started in the next week then I'm going to the health department for the test.

Last edited by Fat Melanie; 09-20-2008 at 12:20 PM.
Old 09-20-2008, 12:48 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 277/247/180

Height: 5'8"

ugh! So glad its the weekend. i had a rough week personally and then what felt like a bad SB day yesterday. I have no idea what triggered the cravings but man I was like a ravenous animal last night. However I did try to just eat OP stuff like the leftover broccoli from dinner. Made me fuller but no less miserable. Then of course today the weight was up about a pound and a half on the scale. I tried oatmeal for the first time since starting SB this morning and so far so good. Not really craving anything and I feel full. Gorgeous day here in philly, trying to figure out something to do with myself. Hope you all have a good weekend!! Off to find a greek salad.....
Old 09-20-2008, 12:51 PM   #23  
Determined to lose!

Congrats schmoodle!

Mel, If you are the two can grow up better buds than if your son were a teen before you got preg again! (look on the bright side to things girl!)

Welcome Cherry!
Old 09-20-2008, 12:55 PM   #24  
Working on healthy

Height: 5'5.5

Hi Chicks I'm back from the Farmer's Market on a lovely fall day. I haven't been in weeks because of gas and my favorite farmer wasn't there. Still lots of good stuff I just can't get at the smaller markets - husk tomatoes, jerusalem artichokes, fresh ginger!, asian pears and brussels sprouts. This afternoon I need to get the dehydrator running again and then go pick apples. I love this time of year

I'm trying to get back to NC! Several of us attended a March training there 3 years ago and we've been encouraging our development folks to find a grant so we can go again. It was lovely even if we weren't near the ocean

Schmoodle - congratulations on being fat! Isn't it a great feeling

Heather - Good luck with the donations! I still have to give myself a pep talk for that even though I've been doing it for years. When it's something you believe in it really comes across to people.

Mel- there's nothing wrong with hoping for the things that fit best in your life. Doesn't take anything away from anyone else. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Have a good day everyone. Stay out of trouble in NC mods! We'd have to send Nessa down to bail you out and I'm not sure how well that would work
Old 09-20-2008, 12:57 PM   #25  
Determined to lose!

OK, can I request to be banned from craigslist pets section? they have two sugar gliders and their cage for $100 !!! hahahaha
Old 09-20-2008, 01:08 PM   #26  
beachin'

Mel - I used to go to Mommy and Me very seldom. There wasn't a set schedule of meetings that we had to go to, just a bunch of events that we would meet at. I go to more, but some of us have exchanged numbers and just meet at the park in the afternoon if we're free. The group that I'm in isn't cliquey...but I can't vouch for yours. Most of the activities will probably be a bit too advanced for your DS, but as he gets older, you'll be able to participate in more.

About the pregnancy thing - I don't think it is wrong to hope that you aren't pregnant. We all want things to happen at the right time in our lives - when we can handle them emotionally, physically and financially. Sometimes it works out, others it doesn't. Are you on birth control? If you really don't want to get pg at this time, I would suggest talking to your gyno about getting an IUD/IUC. It's so much easier than worrying about taking the pill everyday and they are easy to remove when plans do change. I had one for almost two years before DS1 and had another right after he was born. Wonderful for DH and my piece of mind. Good luck.
Old 09-20-2008, 02:02 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 329/311/not 329

Height: 5'6"

Mel.. chances are your diet is effecting your TOM. I know mine is allllllllll screwed up normally because I have PCOS, but when I diet and lost 10-20 pounds... I start bleeding again. I know it's just the opposite for some people too.

zeff.. Funny I only remember pumpkin patches at farm stands.. like they have them shipped in or something down there. Up here there are pumpkin and apple orchards EVERYWHERE. Mass is pretty famous for growing empire and granny smith apples and now is when they start getting the grannies in. They do hayrides and corn mazes.. pumpking picking.. apple picking... we're completely surrounded by orchards and farms here.
Old 09-20-2008, 02:26 PM   #28  
beachin'

Brenda - I'm so envious! There is a corn maze/pumpkin patch/maybe apple orchard in West Baton Rouge...other than that, there are a ton up by Shreveport and over towards Mississippi.
Old 09-20-2008, 03:08 PM   #29  
a.k.a. Bikini Bottom

S/C/G: see siggy!

Height: 5'10 - tall girls rule!

Finally bought a dress for this party. I think I need to drop 2lbs by Friday to actually to get it to fit right in the top (I have terrible boobie issues ), but then again I should try it on with the shaper I bought yesterday because it just might fit perfectly. I haven't walked in 3 inch heels in years so I'm going to practice all week to insure I do not fall. The taller they are the harder they fall and yes, it's true.

Everybody seems busy today which is good! Keep moving everyone!
Old 09-20-2008, 03:21 PM   #30  

Schmoodle - Congrats on the 3 pounds. I know it feels good that I can actually move my ticker down this month. At this rate, I WILL make my monthly goal for the first time in months.

Mel - Please get tested. I'm almost 10 weeks late myself but I'm probably starting menopause, have no possibility of being pregnant and just went back on the Pill. Until you know for sure, treat your body as if you are pregnant.

I am so thrilled to have this new laptop. Brian will be excited when he gets home. I'm not sure if Zoo Tycoon will run on it but it is definitely faster than the ancient Windows95 machine he uses or the Windows2000 one that is my old one.
Closed Thread