South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 07:31 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 144/131/128

Height: 5' 4"

Default Weekend on the Beach

Good morning chicks!

I can't believe I'm the first one on here, but I'll go ahead and start the thread while the mods are off relaxing!

My plans for the weekend... work today, and then a date with the hubbie tonight. First one in months!!

I was proud of myself, yesterday DH and I went on a jog yesterday....1 hour and 1 min straight!!! It was only around 5.4 miles, we go s-l-o-w. But we made it!!

What's your plans for the weekend?
Old 09-20-2008, 07:52 AM   #2  
a.k.a. Bikini Bottom

S/C/G: see siggy!

Height: 5'10 - tall girls rule!

Going shopping for a dress today. I started last night, but I didn't find anything at Macy's so I'm going to hit the entire mall today. That should be exercise enough. I also have to go the market...we're out of food again! So I have to figure out what I'm having for breakfast.
Old 09-20-2008, 08:03 AM   #3  
Determined to lose!

um, is it morning? Honey kept attacking my feet all night! She's definately feeling much more comfortable now and she's feeling much better over her URI... when I open door I can HEAR her motor, and it was going ALL night long!

Twynn, have a great time with hubby today!

Me: need to walk a certain girl who didn't get out yesterday and made oh such a mess due to boredom!

I think i might make taco bake, it's been two weeks ... or is that illegal? I think it is, um, will go recipe hunting then!
Old 09-20-2008, 08:25 AM   #4  
beachin'

S/C/G: 240/125/130

Height: 5'8

Morning Twynn, SBDSass and Lori

It's too early...DS has a case of diaper rash and was awake quite a bit last night in pain from it. Poor baby. He wandered into our bedroom about 10 minutes ago...I might go crash in the guest room - I'm still so tired!

It looks dreary outside, but it is supposed to clear up. I need to get some cleaning done and the tonight we're going to SIL's house to watch the LSU game.
Old 09-20-2008, 08:49 AM   #5  
ONEderland here I come!

S/C/G: 286/210/200 (next goal)

Height: 5'2.75"

morning girls

Lori walk that girl

Zeff sorry about the diaper rash and the dreary weather we are sunny but cool it's nice here

Sass good luck dress shopping.. I like to shop but not when I need something specific.

Twynn I couldn't walk for an hour much less jog... good for you!

Me: starting to settle to being a one dog household... however we don't think we are going to be big dogless for a long time... looking at landseer puppies... missing the bagel but life goes on...

i'm dressed for the gym.. gonna go do it... DH is racing tonite (watching not participating) so i'll be home with the bean dog.
Old 09-20-2008, 08:55 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 206/177/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi fellow South Beachers,

I just installed an accellerated program for my sloooow internet dialup. Hopefully I can communicate faster now. DSL is not available where I live. On my road, we don't even have cable. I love living in the country though.

Twynn, have a great date!!!

SBD, just read about your progress on the other thread, YOU GO GIRL!!!! Hope you find the perfect dress.

Loriann, glad your kitty is better. I have 4 outside cats. My inside cat died a year ago. I had him for 12 years. I have tears in my eyes just thinking about him. He was a part of the family.

Zeff, You get some rest. I hope the diaper rash gets better soon.

Everyone have a great Saturday. I'm off to clean and do laundry.
Old 09-20-2008, 09:10 AM   #7  

Good morning, everyone.

Last night I dreamed about baking cakes. lots of them, enormous cakes, trying not to eat them as I was mixing, frosting, cutting then into pieces...
what do you suppose is the meaning of this dream? :lol

I'd better eat breakfast before I think about it any more.
Old 09-20-2008, 09:35 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

Good morning everybody,

We're enjoying a lazy morning here after staying up until 2:30. We just couldn't shut Ruth up!

We're planning another day of sightseeing, shopping and, of course, eating. I think I'm going to have to do a strict Phase 1 after this.

Have a good one, Chickies!
Old 09-20-2008, 09:59 AM   #9  
Live, Laugh, Love

Height: 5'3"

Twynn, awesome job jogging! I used to jog, but my knees just can't handle it anymore. Before you know it, you'll be doing that many miles in half an hour!

Sass, have fun shopping! I wish I could go too....

Lori, sorry Honey kept you up all night! Sounds like you have a busy day ahead of you! Enjoy recipe hunting!

Zeff, have fun watching the game!

Nessa, no one will ever replace Bagel, but sometimes the love of another doggie can help ease the pain. I know my parents were both devastated after Schatzie's passing until they got Sophie, and then the next day, Oscar. Let us know if you find one!

Carolcolleen, wow. You must be country! Enjoy your weekend!

Rebel, I got a huge shipment of books in the mail yesterday, and 3 of them were cookbooks. I had a dream last night that I made Rachael Ray's Salsa Stoup and Double Decker Quesadillas. Isn't it strange when you dream about cooking/baking? Guess we never quite get food off our minds....

Cottage, simulpost! Glad to hear everyone's having fun! I wish someone would come to Springfield.

Hello to everyone else showing up after me today! Not much on the agenda. Already spent time marking pages in my new recipe books for different ones to try. I also got 6 novels to read finally. I'm going to start with Sandra Brown's new one, Smoke Screen. My mom is leaving for Ireland on Friday and wants to take it with her.

Otherwise, made an appointment for Tommy to get his hair cut by the lady who has been doing my hair for 12 years. I'd finally had enough of him bouncing from shop to shop, getting butchered. Rene costs the same as all those places but knows how to cut hair. He told me yesterday that he'll just save the $15 and shave his head. I told him I'll go get 2 more jobs just so he doesn't do that. He's got such beautiful, thick Greek hair!

Not much else happening today. Going to cook the boys a huge meal tonight: meatloaf, green bean casserole, and garlic mashed potatoes. (I may have to sample some of the sides just to make sure they're not.... poisoned.)

Well, gonna refill my tea and start this book. Hope everyone has a fabulous day!

Lisa

Last edited by weezle; 09-20-2008 at 10:00 AM.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:25 AM   #10  

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning everyone,

Hope everyone enjoys their days, it is sorta of a rainy day here. I have to take both DD leave collecting this morning for school projects and then we have friends coming over and going to the Air Show this afternoon hopefully will not rain on us.

Have a great day.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:26 AM   #11  
wife2abadge

Height: 5'4"

Huh...maybe you were channeling me. I made two birthday cakes yesterday, a batch of cookies, and I have one more cake to make today. Three family birthdays tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel View Post
Good morning, everyone.

Last night I dreamed about baking cakes. lots of them, enormous cakes, trying not to eat them as I was mixing, frosting, cutting then into pieces...
what do you suppose is the meaning of this dream? :lol

I'd better eat breakfast before I think about it any more.
Old 09-20-2008, 10:29 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Good morning! I WAS NOT TALKING! It was Cottage keeping us up. The crew are off to visit the Biltmore Estate but I'm staying home to relax, read and guard the truffles! I may take my book and glass of water onto the deck and just relax. Being in NC is like getting another taste of summer. I love it!

Enjoy the weekend because we sure are!
Old 09-20-2008, 10:47 AM   #13  
Heather-Nic

S/C/G: 293.5/248/220

Height: 5'7"

OK....I didn't know you all were in North Carolina.....how funny is that. I realize that we didn't visit the same area....but isn't it BEAUTIFUL!!!!

Morning to all of those who are not in North Carolina! Happy Weekend!!!

This morning will be busy. I've resolved to get out and hit the pavement for some donations for the USO Golf Tournament that we're having in a couple of weeks. They want to do a raffle, but at this point we don't have a lot of things to raffle off, so I'm going to head over to one of our local shopping areas and see if I can find some donations. I'm putting on my "Community volunteer" face today and I'm really going to try to sell this. My fingers are crossed that I get a few takers. We also have to take Pocket back to the vet. The Dr. wanted to see her today to see how she's progressing. I'm planning on cooking up the refried bean soup today for lunches this week. Tonight dh and I are going to see Wall-E at the $2 theater. Should be a good day.
Have a fantastic Saturday, everyone!!! ENJOY!!!
Old 09-20-2008, 11:07 AM   #14  
Woman On A Mission

S/C/G: 178.8/163.6/135

Height: 5'6"

Smile

Good Morning Everyone!

I was up early and hit the fitness center for a good workout. Now I have showered and was having a little snack before my daughter gets here. We are taking her shopping for her 27th birthday. She wants clothes, so it is best to let her pick them out. It is an absolutely beautiful day here in IL. Then tonight we are invited over to friends for pizza. I will get a big salad instead.

Ruth: Our son lives in eastern TN and when we visited him this summer we traveled over to NC and went to the Biltmore Estate. It was beautiful there. We have also been to the shore in NC for a vacation too! It is a pretty state!

There was lots of talk about cakes this morning on here. . .baking them and dreaming of baking them. Amazingly. . .I don't even have a craving for cake!

Have a wonderful day!
Old 09-20-2008, 11:39 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 261/252/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi chicks! It's a gorgeous morning here. I've done all my errands this morning and just dropped the kids at the farm for their riding lesson. The instructor is taking them up the mountain trail for a nice relaxing ride today. I'm jealous!

My favorite farmer's market lady told me this was the last week for her fresh horticultural beans and lima beans and some other stuff. Very sad. On the other hand, the cool weather stuff is reappearing, greens and rhubarb, so there will be things to enjoy for a while yet. She also remarked on how much weight I've lost. I've only known her since spring, so she really has no idea!

Speaking of which, I lowered my ticker 3 lbs. this morning. It's so funny now how I don't lose for weeks, and then it kind of falls off in a clump. So those three lbs. bring me to a new milestone - I am overweight! hooray! When I started I was 100 lbs. over normal weight range and therefore qualified to be in the "morbidly obese club". I was really happy to lose 1 lb and get out of there quick. The next 69 I have been slowly working my way through obesity. So now that I have lost 70, I am officially out of obesity, and just plain old normal fat. I'm pretty excited about that! 30 more and I will be "normal"! Well, with regards to weight, anyway.

I've got a long list of things to do around here the rest of the day. The kids are motivated to work for Disney dollars, so I think I'll put them on yard work for a bit when they get home. Maybe we'll go to the park later to enjoy the rest of the day. I think I will make use of the outdoor fireplace and let them roast weenies for dinner.
Closed Thread