Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 06:01 PM   #91  
Southside White Sox Fan

I slept through the meeting. I may go to a weigh in tomorrow if I can fit it in.

Jim's surgery is confirmed for June 28th. That's great news. We think he is an 8:00 appointment so that's even better.
Old 06-19-2006, 06:39 PM   #92  

Niki, 8 AM seems very early to have everyone ready and out of the house, especially for a 3 year old. But if you really like the school, and your kids are early risers anyway, it may work out for you.

We just got back from our day trip to the water park. We're all exhausted, but we had a great time. My soon-to-be 3 year old dd was a little scared of some rides, but she also did very well, for the most part. Best part is, no one came home sunburned. Spf 50 seems to have done the trick.

I'm off to feed the kiddos their macaroni & cheese.

Later,
Angela
Old 06-19-2006, 06:54 PM   #93  
focused and aiming

saundra, i went to curves for a few months. it got so it didn't work for me either.

angela, a day at a water park sounds like fun. splash montana opened here in town yesterday. we'll be taking the grands soon.

vickie, i'm glad jim's surgery is scheduled for the 28th. that would have been the pits postponing it. my liver enzymes are high, too. i'm having a liver ultrasound thursday. i hope cassie's all right.

kathy, i just talked to a gf in cleburne. sounds like most of the rain right now is around houston. did you get much the other day? or was it mainly wind?
Old 06-19-2006, 07:01 PM   #94  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

Just a quick hello. Severe storm warning is 15 minutes away, and I'm home alone. Anyone want to cuddle? I'll come back later and let you know how it went, but now, I'm going to watch and see.
Old 06-19-2006, 07:04 PM   #95  
Southside White Sox Fan

Saundra, I HATE being alone during a storm! Do you have a safe place if you need it?
Old 06-19-2006, 07:07 PM   #96  
Southside White Sox Fan

I'm cooking dinner so I guess I can't catch up right now. Bummer. I'm hungry, though, so I'm looking forward to dinner. I guess FF cottage cheese and peaches was not enough for me. I'm on day three of a headache. I just can't seem to shake it. Double bummer.

I'm looking foward to being on the couch. I was supposed to go to Catherine's tomorrow to see if I can find anything cute to wear to the anniversary party. I think I'll go on the way home tomorrow. I really shouldn't be spending money right now but I think I can work it into the budget.
Old 06-19-2006, 07:08 PM   #97  

It varies with my kids, they could be up at 6am like my dd was this morning or I have to wake ds up to get ready for school. On the most part they are early risers. i will go check out the school on Wednesday and see how I like it, maybe they will have a pm cancellation when school starts snd I could switch her.
Old 06-19-2006, 07:26 PM   #98  

Vickie, you asked me a few days about what size pans to use, I found a 1/2 recipe which you only need 9 x 13 pan. Let me know how it comes out if you make it, I haven't tried it yet.

Almost Apple Cake (core) 1/2 recipe

3 cup uncooked oatmeal
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
2 cup fat-free skim milk
3/4 cup McNeil Nutritionals SPLENDA No Calorie Sweetener
2 large bananas (mashed)
1 serving fat-free sugar-free instant vanilla pudding & pie filling mix
1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
4 medium apples (diced)
2 eggs

TOPPING

1/2 cup uncooked oatmeal
4 tsp McNeil Nutritionals SPLENDA No Calorie Sweetener
1 t. APPLE PIE SPICE
Instructions

Mix applesauce , eggs and splenda. Add the remaining ingredients
except the apples. Fold the diced apples in. Put in a 9x13 pan, sprayed with pan spray. Sprinkle topping over top of cake. Spray with butter spray.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Cook for 40-45 minutes, or until center is completely cooked.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:47 PM   #99  

Needless to say, I survived. We got some heavy duty rain, but nothing else.

Vickie, are you stunning? Have fun looking for a new outfit. I much prefer going shopping when the hair has just been done. It's nice to see someone "decent" staring back in the mirror.

I spoke to my aunt, and my uncle had 5 stitches at the back of his head. His pressure is still very low and they think he got out of bed and fainted during the night. When she went to see him at the hospital, he slept the whole time. However, she does sound a lot better, and we're trying to re-schedule for July or August.

I invited the kids for dinner Wednesday night. I've got all this food, and someone has to eat it.

WW called desparate for me to work tomorrow all day. I'm already scheduled for tomorrow night. I said that I'd do 11:00 to 4:30, so it will be busy. What do I get myself into, and WHY????

Time to make a salad for Bernie, as he'll be home soon. Have a good night and remember to sleep through it!
Old 06-19-2006, 10:29 PM   #100  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Well we also had a great blasting of rain - just as big ds was about to leave to watch the final Stanley cup playoff at a local sports bar - luckily dh volunteered to drive him. Our power also went off a couple of times but not for very long - yes we all grabbed the flashlights. Even little ds - but he's so cute - he immediately ran to the fridge and started eating baby carrots - when asked why - said he wanted to have good eyesight in the dark - too funny!

No proper supper for this frouf - but I don't think I overdid it! I can tell cuz my WEDDING/ENGAGEMENT RINGS actually came off - okay it was a bit of a squeeze - but they haven't been off in months (yes we took the opportunity to get the jewellry cleaner out and give them a good scrub!).

Niki - I would check it out and then decide - altho personally I would find it somewhat 'challenging' esp if you ever get bad weather? Maybe there will be a pm cancellation?

Vickie - have fun shopping - I do hope you find something nice to wear to the party! How is Cassie doing? Glad you got the 'right' date for the surgery!

Going to bed now and hopefully will actually fall asleep!

Frouf
Old 06-20-2006, 04:06 AM   #101  
Paula

Good morning everyone. I missed a ton of posts over the weekend. I guess it is a good thing I don't have to work every one anymore!
Vicki, you asked me a few days ago how to freeze berries. I wash them, drain off the excess water,gently pat them dry, put them in a single layer on cookie sheets and put them in the freezer. When they are frozen, put them in containers or freezer bags. They don't stick together very much so I can take out as many as I want and keep the rest in the freezer.
Sounds like everyone had a good weekend. I am up at 4 am because I slept all day yesterday after working Sunday night. I have to go to a staff meeting at 7 this morning so it is ok. I am going to go find some breakfast. I will talk to you all later. Have a great day.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:30 AM   #102  

Good morning, I have decided to go and check out the school, I probably will not sign her up for the 8 am class that is going to be impossible, my son woke up at 7:40 this morning and is still having his breakfast, I don't think it is fair to them to rush & be stressed first thing in the morning. I will go and hopefully they can put me on a list for any afternoon cancellations and If not at least I know about this school now and can send her when she is 4 for a afternoon class.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:41 AM   #103  

Hi Paula and Niki and those to follow.

Paula, I just froze some blueberries yesterday. I plan to make Maggies' combo frozen fruit and yogurt. I read on bcb to mix instant ff sf pudding with fruit and yogurt and then put in molds for frozen treats.

Niki, I agree that 8:00 is very early. Good luck on the pm class.

I'm finished breakfast already, which is early for me. I'll probably leave for "work" at 9:30. Sounds like a nice day here, hope it's good where you are!
Old 06-20-2006, 08:52 AM   #104  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning Chicks! Another really busy day for me. I've got to be out running errands today and a foot doctor appointment early this afternoon. On the way home, I'll have Jim drop me off to buy a slip and see if my plus size shop has any new cute outfits. I'm off to read about you all now.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:17 AM   #105  
Southside White Sox Fan

Kathy, Jim and I like those Brazilian steakhouses. We have one quite near our house. The only problem is that they are so expensive that I'm always tempted to overeat to get my moneys worth. Like I need encouragement! Any sign of Shaun? I guess he got the message? Maybe he's moved already!

Saundra, I'm so glad you had fun by the Bay. A woman I worked with has MS and the heat was always very tough on her. I'm glad Adam was ok. Congratulations on your two piece! I know that made you feel spectacular! So what is this discount at Walmart that I don't know anything about? You must tell! How disappointing that you Aunt can't come to visit. What's the update on your Uncle. I hope he's doing well. Don't work too hard today. Remember you ARE retired!

Wendy, good luck on Core. You seem to be doing well. As for the points, some days you'll see that you aren't that hungry and you don't eat much and other days you'll feel like you are eating a ton of food. That's the beauty of Core, well one of them anyway! You don't have to worry about day to day points unless you are eating alot every day.

Frouf, it is SO great to hear the joy in your voice! I'm glad things are working out. How great is it that you are not counting on GF in Toronto, huh? I hope you slept better last night. I did.

Sandra, your Doctor sounds great. I wish mine was willing to be so involved. With that much support, you'll lose weight for sure. So your hot tub and my pool got fixed for no further cost to us. So sometimes good things do happen to good people! Have you been in the tub?

Niki, it sounds like you made a GREAT decision on the school. It's horrible, IMHO, to have to rush around in the morning. Thanks for the modified cake directions. I hope to make it over the weekend because it sounds great too me. I'd also like to make Saundra's baked banana oatmeal. Yum.

Angela, I'd love to go to a water park. Maybe I'll look into water aerobics here. Sandra has me thinking about that. How are you doing back on program. Any progress getting those pesky pounds back off? You know I think about your success alot to keep me going.

Paula, thanks for the advice on the berries. I was afraid it would be harder than that. I have a vertical freezer in the basement so I could actually make alot if I wanted. Yum. There's nothing like fresh fruit in the winter.

I did enjoy my hair appointment and I got highlights and a touch up and cut. I don't know about stunning but do I ever look like summer! It makes me feel different....better....better attitude. It's hard to explain. I wanted to go in the pool yesterday but the pool guy vacuumed all of that very fine baby powder like earth out of the pool and then shocked it again. Then we had to add more cold water. We'll be putting the solar cover back on before we leave today. I'm hopeful that I can go in tomorrow after my errands.
Closed Thread