Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 08:45 AM   #181  
focused and aiming

nikki, we must have been here about the same time. congratulations to ds for making stellar grades. i know you're proud of him--as you should be. makes me smile thinking of you smiling. also, congratulations on having a loss every week. that's impressive. you deserve an "atta girl."
Old 06-23-2006, 08:50 AM   #182  
Melissa

Good morning!

Sandra, well good morning! I had no idea that you were a drama queen. You are a woman of many, many talents aren't you? Why are you all thinking of moving? Any particular reason, or just for fun?

Kathy, I'm so sorry that you are sick today. Bless your heart. One of my friends says she always gets sick after eating at a buffet (she blames all the germies). I hope that it is just brief and passing for you!

Niki, congrats to DS. You should brag on him!

Wendy, on your loss. Very inspiring for those of us who are lagging behind.

I better get going. We've got lots to do today--while the boss is away we're going to move some things, reorganize, throw some stuff away.
Old 06-23-2006, 09:01 AM   #183  
focused and aiming

good morning, melissa. we caught the moving bug from you. seriously, we live in a really large two story house. we're looking to downsize and also not have stairs. we're not there yet but we will be getting to the age where stairs wouldn't be good. i already have arthritis in my feet. we're readying for a new, more laid back time of life living out with nature. wouldn't it be something if we had bears coming into our yard? i actually hope we do. i think it would be neat to sit and watch them out the window. we have a friend outside town here who does just that. he's even had wild turkeys nest next to his front stoop.

i hope you have a good day at work. (are you looking?)
Old 06-23-2006, 09:04 AM   #184  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

Wow, this has been a busy place.

Niki, congratulations on ds' report card. These are the momemts parents and grandparents treasure. You are allowed to brag.

Wendy, congrats on the loss, you're doing great!

Sandra, I can picture you in a lace shawl. I would have loved to get involved in little theatre, but I think there was no time. I did some when I was a teenager. Is the place that you're thinking of moving to far?

Kathy, maybe the meal just didn't agree with you. Hope you're doing better now.

Frouf, have fun at the play. It looks like you might get your planting done this weekend. I'm just wanting some sun. After reading the article, I see where core fits. You're allowed to eat some non core foods, but you eat to satisfaction. They give exercise as an activity and say that you've got to get in control. Obviously good lessons for all.

Vickie, sounds like you've got everything under control. I can see your management qualities. They pay off, don't they? I understand that you want things organized. If the weather isn't warm enough, do yo at least sit by the pool and relax? Sometimes it's just nice to put your feet in.

Patti, glad that you saved the bar. You must be looking forward to having the girls home. I feel that way about my boys and can't wait until we're all together again in one city. The Love Cirque is only coming to Las Vegas. Adam has seen 3 other performances there and loved them all. We enjoyed yesterday, it was something very different from anything that I've seen. We had great seats, 8th row centre.

Melissa, glad you found success in VS shopping. I have one of their nightgowns which is very sexy. It's long and silky and low back and front. It's gone to many a weekend away. Are you going to be able to relax a bit this weekend?

I let Adam take the car last night, so I'm here without one. Bernie is going to try and get out early today, so we might be on the road by 2:00 or 3:00.

I just caught the last two posts, Hi Melissa and Sandra.

Sandra, that sounds great!
I better go and eat something now, as I'm feeling quite hungry.
Old 06-23-2006, 09:07 AM   #185  
focused and aiming

saundra, are you and bernie going on a trip today? if so, have fun. if not, have fun. we're looking at land about 40 miles from here down the bitterroot valley. i think kathy's sister lives down there.
Old 06-23-2006, 09:18 AM   #186  
focused and aiming

hi, vickie. i see you're on here now. how's cassie this am?
Old 06-23-2006, 09:34 AM   #187  

Thanks guys, I am proud of him.

Sandra glad all went well with your tests. Drama too, is there no end to your talents If you want I could switch houses with you, I live in a ranch, I would love to have a large 2 story house, just let me know when you want to switch(hahaha)

Frouf have fun at ds' play.

Vickie what a busy beaver, looks like you've got everything under control and well organized. hope you can use your pool soon to relax some.

Patti way to go avoiding the bar, doesn't it feel better to not eat it rather than eat it.

Melissa glad you found a few items at VS, I just told dh yesterday, I need new bras I am being poked by underwires from a few of mine, I will be shopping this weekend.

Saundra glad you had fun at the show, hope Bernie gets home early enough for you to do your errands.
Old 06-23-2006, 09:41 AM   #188  

Good morning ladies! I've got a busy day here...I've got to help make dinner for one of my friends who just had her tonsils out yesterday - and she has 5 kids, including a young, nursing baby. I have to take my two older girls in to the doctor for their well child checks. These are the appointments that have been rescheduled/forgotten for over a month now. And, I need to find some time to take myself in to the doctor. My ears are STILL full of water from our water park visit Monday, and are starting to itch and hurt. I think I have swimmer's ear. I also think I may have injured my rotator cuff when we were mixing and shoveling all that dirt a few weeks ago. I tell ya, I turn 31 and I start to fall apart!

At least we don't have anything huge tonight, although FIL is trying to get us to come to a party. He's celebrating changing jobs after 15 years in a job he didn't care for. He's a respiratory therapist, and just got a job as the director of the respiratory therapy department at a local community college. He's happy to have more regular hours and not the 30 minute commute he used to have. But I think I'll bow out, as dd will still not be feeling her best.

She did wake up this morning, scared, asking, "What's wrong with my tummy?" It was cute. Since she ate about 2 puddings and 2 popsicles all day yesterday, I felt it safe to assume she was hungry. She's happier after some breakfast today.

Time to get moving,
Angela
Old 06-23-2006, 09:41 AM   #189  
focused and aiming

nikki, i would love to see your part of the country. curtis is a northwest guy. i got me a mountain man for sure. i taught drama a few years along with other subjects. my paternal great grandfather was a traveling hypnotist who sold elixir. i guess i got my love of drama from him. this past year we went to see "lion king" on stage in spokane. that's the extent of my dramatic experience for the past few years. unless you count tv and movies.

so how's your day? anything big planned? i'm going to ww then we may take the grands to a local pond to do some canoeing. not sure yet if they can go. depends on what they have planned already.
Old 06-23-2006, 09:43 AM   #190  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

Sandra, we're going to Alexandria Bay for two nights. It's the Thousand Islands of upstate N.Y. and only an hour an a half drive from home. I'm looking forward to sitting by the water with a book.

Vickie, forgot to mention....tell Cassie, that I've been hypothyroid for years Actually, I had graves desease, which is very hyperthyroid, in my late thirties, and the destroyed my thyroid function. That left me taking thyroid for the rest of my life. That was the darkest period of my life, but that's another story.

I'm hearing high 70's for the weekend, so I'm a happy camper.
Old 06-23-2006, 09:43 AM   #191  
focused and aiming

angela, i'm glad dd is better. have a good day and enjoy the party tonight. i don't blame fil. i'd be ready to party, too.
Old 06-23-2006, 09:52 AM   #192  
Southside White Sox Fan

Woah! You are all up and about early this morning! Good Morning Chicks! I'm well this morning except for the VERY sore muscles in my shoulders and neck. It distubed my sleep a little but not too badly.

Kathy, I'm so sorry you were sick. I guess you're just not a meat hound! I even considered Atkins at one point but I know it's not healthy so I didn't do it. I was on a diet in the 80's from a bariatric doctor where I ate no sugar (only strawberries, cantaloupe, grapefruit), no starch, no dairy, and all the meat I wanted as long as it was skinless/grilled/lean. I lost 75 pounds in 6 months but it all came back. I actually started to get sick of meat at that point. I hope you feel better soon. Oh and I'm glad you decided not to get your hair cut that short! 2 inches is pretty darn short and really a drastic change from where you are right now. I loved the hair you had in that one family picture that you shared with us. It was about shoulder length and I thought you looked beautiful there. Your brother is a handome guy!

Sandra, thank God they got those polyps! I really hope Jim has none, but if he does, then I want them out of there ASAP. Why are you having the liver ultrasound? I had one of those too last fall when I had the mystery discomfort. I guess it's just the protocol. I hope all goes well with that. Good Luck at weigh in ! That's too much nature for me, but I'm thinking you and Curtis would love it. Would you still be able to do your archery there? It's nice that we don't have to panic about your moving since we know you'll still have your computer. Jim and I have a ranch house with only 3 steps to the upstairs. The basement has about 12 steps but it's unfinished and we just use it for storage. I could live if I never went down there. Our laundry room is on the main floor in between the den where I am now and the kitchen. I highly recommend ranch style living.

Saundra, sometimes I drive Jim and others crazy with my scheduling and planning. I think I was born with those tendencies and became a manager because I already had the skills set! Thanks for making it sound positive! I haven't had time to sit by the pool but I hope I can do that soon. It's just not going to be warm enough to swim here for about a week. Oh Well. I'm glad you had a great time yesterday.

Wendy, for your 2 pound loss! I think it sounds like you have Core downpat. Great job.

Niki, of course you can brag! I would. You should be very proud of DS. I hope he has wonderful teachers throughout his school years who continue to nuture his desire to learn.

Frouf, I'm guessing you're with the computer guy now. I hope you had a restful night and aren't sleeping ont he computer guy's shoulder while he works! Have fun at the play later!

Melissa, enjoy your time away from the boss and try not to work too hard. Have I mentioned the great benefits that the government has?

Angela, you definitely sound like you have swimmer's ear. You need to get in sooner rather than later before it turns into a full fledged infection! And I don't even know what to say about the rotator cuff except I'm sorry. I know what kind of pain you must be in. Did you know that is the surgery that Jim is having next week? That's so cute about DD not knowing what those deep tummy growls were! How are you doing on program?

Cassie seems a bit perkier this morning. The Man I live with says I'm imagining it.

Well, I can eat in about 10 minutes so I guess I'll get myself moving. I need to clean 3 bedrooms today. Jim will vacuum them later while I'm having my pedicure. Talk to you all later.
Old 06-23-2006, 09:55 AM   #193  
Southside White Sox Fan

Saundra, I was reading about canine hypothyroidism and one of the symptoms was depression. I do believe Cassie was depressed or something like it. I called her lethargic but it was a sad kind of thing too. Right now she's here begging for food which she hasn't done in a while.
Old 06-23-2006, 09:56 AM   #194  

Sandra I would love to see the Northwest, I just love mountains and different wildlife. If I ever win Lotto I would definitely travel all over America & Cananda and then Europe. Wake up Niki your dreaming again!!

Not much planned for today, we are suppose to have heavy rain through Sunday, so I may just get my heavy cleaning out of the way so we can spend the week doing fun things. Good luck at ww!!
Old 06-23-2006, 09:57 AM   #195  
Southside White Sox Fan

BTW, I would NEVER shop at Victoria's Secret. Just a little muleish attitude on my part. I've decided that when I get thin, I will never shop at a store that doesn't carry plus sizes. Real plus sizes, not a store that considers size 14 as XXL. Harumpf.
Closed Thread