Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2006, 04:10 PM   #76  

Height: 5'7"

Oooh, maybe here's a clue! I'm jealous of Saundra! You're the same height as me, aren't you?
Old 06-19-2006, 04:17 PM   #77  

Ok, I need some advice. I have been wanting to send my dd to nursery school but they are very expensive, the cheapest one I found was $140.00 a month for 2 1/2 hrs 2 days a week. That is a added expense we really don't need every month while I am not working, so I was just going to send her to pre-school when she turns 4 next year they don't take children at 3, and try to get her in the free program. My gf gave me a # to a pre-school that is not advertised, it is word of mouth and alot of teachers kids go there. It is about a 15 minute drive from my house and they only have am sessions available which is from 8am -10am. Which means I have to have both kids ready and out the door by 7:40am, take my dd to school, drive back home with ds so he can get on his school bus which comes at 9:10 am then head back to the school at 9:40am to pick up dd. The plus side is it is 4 days a week and it cost $150.00 FOR THE ENTIRE YEAR! plus they give the children breakfast. Am I fooling myself or does this seem like to much to do in the morning. I am going on wednesday to check the school out and I will have to pay on wednesday if I want her to go, since registration is over.
Old 06-19-2006, 04:29 PM   #78  
focused and aiming

saundra, i'd say you earned some ap's. i've been going up and downstairs a lot today, too. now i'm just "chillin" waiting to go to the women's club to meet with my trainer. i feel like i have a whole team helping--mainly all of you. surely, i'll lose weight.

melissa, you sound very upbeat. i'm glad dh can make dinner tonight. get some rest, gf.

kathy, my ww leader says to be realistic about our goal weight. she said she'd have to live on lettuce to stay at ww's lowest weight for her.

nikki, it sounds like a lot of pressure each morning for you and your kids. be careful not to overload.
Old 06-19-2006, 04:39 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 172/148/142

Kathy remember, I became 5'6" last time at WW. I'm not trying to lose weight, it's the balancing trick of maintenance for me. I do eat mostly core, but I'm not starving myself at all. You are gorgeous and "just right", so there!

Sandra, oh I would love a personal trainer. Now, what expense would I have to cut in order to get one? I'm not willing to give up restaurants.

Niki, go see how you like it first. I'm not a great morning person, so the rush doesn't appeal to me, but maybe you'll be so impressed that it will seem like nothing to you.

Melissa, your day is almost over, hang in there hon!
Old 06-19-2006, 04:48 PM   #80  

I wonder where Vickie is today? Yooooohoooo!!!
Old 06-19-2006, 04:49 PM   #81  
focused and aiming

saundra, this is the women's club. it includes, trainer, water aerobics, yoga, weightlifting/other exercising gear, land aerobics (which i prob won't do). i am paying $156 quarterly. i signed up for one year and will re-evaluate next summer. i will mainly be going for water aerobics but will meet with the trainer today to see what she thinks i should be able to do. you might check to see if there's a woman's club nearby. thewomensclub.com is the site for ours. i don't know if they are part of a chain or not.
Old 06-19-2006, 04:53 PM   #82  
focused and aiming

she may be sleeping since she was up almost all night.
Old 06-19-2006, 04:55 PM   #83  
focused and aiming

another "life is good" moment:

the hot tub repairman came today and replaced switches and heater--all under warranty.
Old 06-19-2006, 04:56 PM   #84  

Hair appointment

I pay $40.00 a month for Curves (I'm on leave), and I'm not finding it the right fit any more. I guess I'll have to go hunting. We don't have women's club here.
Old 06-19-2006, 04:57 PM   #85  

Good for you Sandra, you deserve these "good" moments.
Old 06-19-2006, 04:58 PM   #86  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Chicks! I just got home from my hair appointment and Jim is out getting a couple of things that I need for dinner. Actually, all heck broke loose while I was gone and I'm making phone calls now. Let's see.

Cassie's prelimary thyroid screening is normal but her liver enzymes are elevated 5 times above normal. Scotties run high anyway but this may be the problem. Doctor wants to wait until the final thyroid numbers are in before deciding what to do.

Jim's Doctor may have screwed up his surgery date and I'm waiting to hear if it is going to be on the 28th like it is supposed to be. I'll be really upset if they screwed up and he has to wait until July 5th, especially since his pre-op tests expire on June 30th. This would also make the christening on July 9th harder. Grrrrrr.....

The pool guy came and fixed our pool (or so he says) and didn't charge us anything. That's good! I was going to go in tonight but he shocked it and now I can't swim for 24 hours. Bummer.

I have to make a couple of phone calls and then I'll come back to read how all of you are.
Old 06-19-2006, 05:00 PM   #87  

Hey, girl! Did you get a nap?
Old 06-19-2006, 05:33 PM   #88  
Southside White Sox Fan

Yup! I slept from 6:00 to 10:00 but I still feel tired. Kathy, I don't know how you do it with interrupted sleep and not enough of that either.
Old 06-19-2006, 05:43 PM   #89  

Well, I guess I'm used to it? I don't know. If I get 6 hours total, then I can usually manage.

Were you able to go to the meeting this morning? That's something about Cassie's results -- I hope it's all okay. And Jim's surgery too! It's been put off enough already.

I guess I should start my laundry for the evening. Sigh ... it's either that or go nekkie to work tomorrow.
Old 06-19-2006, 06:00 PM   #90  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey, nekki might be fun. I bet some of your coworkers would appreciate that body you have more than you do!
Closed Thread