Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2006, 06:58 PM   #166  

Evening chicks,,,,
yes the chocolate bar is still intact
off to weed the greenhouse in a bit but thought i would stop by first.
Did my WATP dvd this morning along with walking on the beach for work,,lugging stuff back and forth fromt he truck to the picnic table and now some bending and pulling..not a bad day for exercise. Now if I would have left the rice krispie squares alone at the picnic I would have had a better day..hopefully I burned them off today.
Cant wait ,,.my dd;s will both be home the end of the month. Its going to be a busy noisey house again. Cant wait!'
Frouf I wish we paid 1.00 a liter we're up to 1.14 a liter..ouch!!
Saundra it isnt the Beatles Cirque is it?? I hear they have gotten permission to use thier songs...I would love to see that.
Kathy when you mentioned the salad bar I was thinking,,,why not have them slice a little bit of meat on top of your salad?? Like a chefs salad. Pretty expensive salad though..wow
Vickie I would be saving the cleaning for when Jim is feeling under the weather..it will give you something to do while he's sleeping and resting.
ok off the the greenhouse..the weeds are calling..
Old 06-22-2006, 07:25 PM   #167  

Height: 5'7"

Off to eat some meat. Lordy, I don't want to go.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:06 PM   #168  
Melissa

Patti, sounds like you got some great exercise in today! You're doing great with the WATP aren't you? You're inspiring me to think about getting off of the couch.

Kathy, hope you're enjoying yourself tonight!

I went to Victoria's Secret to get a bra tonight (I had one break the other night) thinking that it would be on sale due to the semi-annual sale. Well it wasn't, but I did get some clearance underwear. That's always good! Being in VS was quite inspiring...man do I ever want to feel sexy again!

Well the dog is asking to go out. We're planning on a walk later tonight too. Talk to you all later!
Old 06-22-2006, 08:12 PM   #169  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey Chicks! I just got home from dinner and from a trip to Dominick's grocery store. I got a case of caffeine free Pepsi for $3.00 and it was on the way home. Woo Hoo!

Dinner at Enrico's was great as usual. I ate to nearly full. I went a little past satisfied, but not much. I had a double portion of fresh green beans and a salad. I had 8 glasses of water today. All in all, I'm feeling pretty proud of myself.

Now, I'm off to watch TV with Jim. I have to clean 3 bedrooms in the morning by 11:00 when I have to shower and eat lunch before my pedicure. Shouldn't be a problem. Jim will also help a bit. What a guy.
Old 06-22-2006, 08:17 PM   #170  
Southside White Sox Fan

Kathy, that's a great suggestion about slicing the meat onto your salad. They only give you about and ounce of meat at a time anyway. I hope you manage to enjoy yourself. The salad bar at mine were amazing. I tried artichoke heart for the first time at one place. Yum.

Patti, congratulations on the exercise and avoiding the candy bar. Great job! I'm sure you worked off the rice krispie treat.

Melissa, I know what you mean about wanting to feel sexy again. It's been so long for me. Jim tells me I'm sexy no matter what size I am. He thinks it's a state of mind. I like his thinking!

Ok, I'm off to see if the White Sox can sweep the Cardinals. Hope I don't jinx them.
Old 06-22-2006, 09:18 PM   #171  
Southside White Sox Fan

Did I tell you all that Cassie has hypothyroidism? She's on thyroid medicine for the next 6 weeks and then she gets her blood tested again. I hope this is all it is because this condition is fairly easy to treat.
Old 06-22-2006, 09:21 PM   #172  
focused and aiming

nikki, happy anniversary!!!! sounds like you had a good day. and to lose weight? you are impressive.

kathy, i hope you're having a good time tonight. i'm sorry you weren't looking forward to going.

saundra, i chickened out 2 years ago. my new doctor was more persuasive. i have to tell you--it was much easier than i'd expected.

vickie, your blueberries sound heavenly. did you make the muffins? i am going to make those core brownies tomorrow. i bought the oat bran today.

melissa, i hope the dust worked and you weren't too dangerous today.

frouf, i wish i'd taught your kids. those are fantastic presents. seriously, i hope you're feeling better today and are getting more help at home. did you go to the gym? i did but just for water aerobics.

vickie, i'm the one who asked about the cleaning. i need to copy you and do more down deep cleaning. i do too much hit and miss. thanks for the muffin recipe. i'll print it out. give cassie a hug for me.

vickie, they did remove some polyps yesterday but i felt no pain at all. life is good. i don't know if curtis will get one or not. i don't think he could come off his arthritis meds for 5 days.

angela, i understand about temptations. we're invited to a bbq saturday. i'm taking core goodies.

patti, you get an "atta girl" for not eating the chocolate.

melissa, wheeeeeet whewwwwwwwww! vs!! i am jealous.
Old 06-22-2006, 09:23 PM   #173  
focused and aiming

there's been a lot going on here today. got up (fasting again) and went for liver ultrasound. all went well. got home to make lunch and had a message from a dear friend that her mother had passed, so curtis and i took a bouquet of roses to the funeral home and took food, paper plates, etc... over to my friends. then we went to the archery range to do some weedeating. after that i went to do water aerobics. now i've had dinner, tried to get caught up here (sorry if i missed replying to anyone) and it's time to crash in front of the tv.

have a wonderful evening, everyone. i go to ww in the am. i'll change my tracker then.
Old 06-22-2006, 09:48 PM   #174  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Well here comes Kathy - well what is that red juice dribbling down her chin?...I think she's eaten TOO MUCH MEAT! ha ha ha...hope you were able to consumer $45 worth of salad - there must be something else you get no?

I hope you read the riot act to Shaun and he is behaving and more importantly CLEANING UP his mess - no excuse really!

Melissa - we don't have any VS stores here in Canada but did manage to visit one last summer while in Florida - WOW - I did get dd two bras (even on sale they were quite expensive once you factored in the american exchange!).

Patti - I can't imagine $1.14 - here it hovers between the high and low nineties - I obviously try to fill up when it's cheaper - it does cost a lot to fill up my tank!

Vickie - good luck with all the housecleaning - at least it will count as activity! Looking forward to the 'revised' recipe - if I have time I shall try and make it this weekend!

Angela - hope your dd is on the mend - and that no one else gets sick!

I am hungry and it's almost 10 pm! I did not end up going to the gym cuz I was still hurting- but good news is I am feeling better so hopefully tomorrow will be the day! (altho they close earlier and I am going to see ds' play tomorrow pm!).

I think I overdid it with the arrowroot cookies this afternoon - I had around SIX of them with my tea - I suppose it could have been worse? Had chicken, baked potato and asparagus for dinner - followed by a lf ice cream bar - but I am feeling 'empty' now - might go guzzle some water? I really want that scale to MOVE!

Tomorrow is a crappy day - the computer programmer/consultant will be in from 9-2:30 and either myself or my staff will be seating with him most of the day to make sure he properly debugs our database - I hope to be able to slip out now and then and go back to my office (upstairs!) UGH!

That's it for now - hope I can get a restful pain free sleep tonight!

Frouf
Old 06-22-2006, 11:26 PM   #175  

Home from meatland. Actually, that "slicing the meat on the salad" idea wouldn't have worked there. You eat the salad and all the other stuff on the salad bar, like asparagus and cheeses and bacon and soup and every vegetable known to mankind ... then they clear the plates and start in with the meat. I let them give me a little piece of chicken and a little piece of steak, then that was it. I ate about half of each piece. I guess I'm not that fond of meat. Oh and here's my YIKES moment for the evening: the bill was $380. I'm SO glad we weren't the ones paying. Erin babysat the nieces and I'm sure she's glad it's over. The baby went to sleep as soon as we got there, but the 4 y/o wouldn't. She was still awake when we got home, and her mom and dad weren't thrilled with her. I mean their daughter -- not Erin. They know when this little girl doesn't want to sleep that there's no making her.

SIL's hair is mighty cute and I think I've talked Judd into letting me get mine cut. Right now it's down to my bra strap in the back, and her hair is maybe 2 inches long all over. We'll see -- she's supposed to call me tomorrow afternoon and we might go to a place to get it cut (she'll be the model). If so, I'll post a picture. The results could go either way. I do know that in the past when I've done something like this, I've immediately regretted it and wished I'd never messed with things. Who knows? After I sleep on the idea, I might change my mind.

Off to bed. BB in the morning.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:49 AM   #176  

Good morning, everyone. I guess I get the loser prize for having yesterday's last post and today's first.

I woke up about 4 and something wasn't quite right. No indeedy, it wasn't! I am sick with an upset stomach. The throwing up is the worst because it's deep (like the food is digesting, I guess). I can tell because afterwards when I drank water, the water tasted sweet. Gross.

So I guess I'm not going to get my hair cut today and actually I had decided it might not be a great idea. I should deal with the known instead of venturing into the unknown and spending the next six months hiding in the closet. LOL! Her hair is really cute but I just don't know how it would look on me, and what if I sucked at fixing it? At least this long straight stuff is somewhat predictable.

Well, that's my day in a nutshell. I think I'll stay home from work and go in tomorrow. I was going anyway. Oh and I was supposed to babysit my brother's two little boys tonight while they go to the opening of The Music Man in Cleburne. My brother is on the board and one of the main actors in community theater but I think he's sitting out this production. He has been in most of the plays for the last several years. His name is Kevin Poole. Anyhoo, I don't think I should go tonight, in case it's a bug instead of a reaction to food. I'll probably feel better but don't need to take a chance.

I'll come back at a more reasonable hour to see if anyone has checked in.
Old 06-23-2006, 07:29 AM   #177  

S/C/G: 245/217/150

Height: 5'6.5"

I went to my weigh in last night and lost 2 Pounds! I was shocked!
I have a WW scale and it showed me up. So when I got there and she said 214...I was excited. I have only lost 1 pound each week except the first week. So my losses for WW is up to 12.5 pounds. Yeah!

It worked! I guess I knew it would somewhere in the back of my mind but I was worried that I was over eating or eating too many times. I dont feel full unless I gorge my self. And I dont really get hungry. I have a hard time dealing with that stuff now. I just ate a small portion of what I ate, except dinner salads. And I eat about every 3 or 4 hours.

Well I am going to go...it is snack time. I have been up since 5 am. I had some cantelop and a WW Smoothie....Did anyone know they are core? I dont understand that...they have the same ingredients as the WW yogurt but the smoothies have the Core Checkmark on them. I dont know!
But they are good. I am going to make some Breakfast, scrambled eggs with some onions and peppers with some Salsa and Guacomole on top of them. Can not wait.

Have a great day!
Old 06-23-2006, 08:14 AM   #178  

Wendy congratulations on the loss, way to go!!! Core really works, I have been on it for 5 weeks and had a loss every week.

Kathy hope your upset stomach feels better, it was probably the food you wern't really in the mood to eat it.

OK, mom wants to have a proud moment. My ds got his report card yesterday and we are just sooo proud of him. The report card is graded from 1-4, His whole report was 4's which is Exceeds Expectations (excellent indepent worker:exceeds expectations in academic and social ares. Needs minimal teacher direction) He went from Beginning reader & writer to Advanced reader & writer. I know it is only kindergarten but he is such a good boy and loves to learn, he is sad because school is finished for the summer. Ok I'm done I finished bragging
Old 06-23-2006, 08:19 AM   #179  
focused and aiming

good morning. i'm up early readying to go to ww. i had a restless night for some reason. i'll probably crash later today but right now i feel great. (as tony the tiger would say.)

frouf, enjoy ds' play today. are you going to videotape it?

kathy, what a lot of money to spend for dinner? i'm glad you and judd weren't paying, too. i'm sorry your sick. you and i have had a rough time with health lately, haven't we?

i didn't know your brother. i've been out of the cleburne carnegie players for years now. i never was a board member but i was in 2 plays. i had a bit part in "the sound of music" but a lead in 1988's "arsenic and old lace." i played aunt martha brewster. you should have seen me. i was a pretty cute little old lady. thanks for posting the website. i'll go bookmark it and look at it often. it will make me feel at home.

now here's big news. we are thinking of moving to hamilton, mt. isn't that something?

wendy, congratulations! that's an impressive loss. i am happy for you.

i'm waving at all of you yet to get here. i still can't believe i'm here so early.

Last edited by ontarget; 06-23-2006 at 08:29 AM.
Old 06-23-2006, 08:25 AM   #180  
focused and aiming

kathy, just went over to the site. i recognized a few names/faces. thanks for the memories.
Closed Thread