Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 12:15 PM   #211  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Here I am - trying to catch up!

Kathy - how are you feeling? I am sure it's probably a food bug from the buffet? or germies? Hope you are on the mend. I love your hair too - and even longer now? I'm sure it will feel 'cooler' if it's shorter but just remember the styling possibilities of it long vs short!

Saundra - have fun on your weekend away - I would love to be sitting by the water reading a book this weekend!

Sandra - how exciting (altho I personally don't like moving!)....a new place! I absolutely love the waterfall/creek idea with the hot tub - how amazing that would be! Hope you can figure out if it's doable for you. I guess we shall not get alarmed about liver enzymes??? I don't even know what they're for?

Melissa - did you see the RV movie? Definitely rent it before you decide! ha ha ha

Niki - yes you have a right to be VERY PROUD of your ds - it's always a great thing when a child enjoys learning.

Wendy - congrats on your loss - way to go! Sounds like you are well on your way and that core is working for you!

Vickie - so did I pass the muscle pains on to you? or is it just all that heavy duty cleaning you have been doing? Glad you found out what's wrong w/Cassie and you can treat it accordingly.

I am happy to report that my neck/shoulder pain is mostly gone - just a twinge when I turn all the way right or left (like each day the area of pain was getting smaller and smaller). I am hoping to get to the gym today - depends on ds' play and timing tho! Otherwise I can try and go tomorrow before the big bowling party? (10:30 am!). Looks like we shall have around 14 kiddies there - dh and dd and big ds coming along as the 'helpers' - should be fun. Kids are having pizza, drinks, chips, cake - I know not what I shall eat as I'm pretty sure the bowling alley is not the place for healthy eating? I shall try not to do too much damage!

Computer guy is downstairs - of course some of the 'fixes' we need he can't do today - and will have to go back and work on it (yippee more delays!). I am so sick and tired of this project and very frustrated - can't get excited about it anymore (hope this changes!).

Seems dd is having a sleepover at her FATHER'S PLACE (and it is not even his weekend)! He called wondering why it wasn't at our place (she didn't even ask me - a) her room is a pigsty and she knows I would make her clean it up before any friends showed up and b) I probably have too many rules (I'm such a mean mom you know!). So hopefully a very quiet night at our place. If big ds is home we might go out to a movie while he babysits, otherwise we shall stay home w/little ds!

Very hungry for lunch - I did not bring anything (yes more LO roasted chicken - I DON'T THINK SO!). Will try and go hunt something suitable downstairs!

Later,

Frouf
Old 06-23-2006, 12:22 PM   #212  
Southside White Sox Fan

Frouf, you have a big day ahead of you but it sounds fun. I'm supposed to be cleaning now but I'm still puttering. I'm sure my sore muscles are from hanging my fat little body over two tubs (one really tall one) and from crawling around cleaning the extra shower stall. Yesterday I pulled out the drain cover from the shower stall and even cleaned all the disgusting stuff from below and around the pipe. It was black and gunky. I won't go into any more detail because Kathy's tummy is upset! Suffice to say that it smells much better now. I have such a sensitive nose.

I do have to get going though. Now I'll have to clean after my pedicure or tomorrow since I messed around so long. I'll be behind on the 3 bedrooms. Oh well. I'll just have to clean tomorrow even though no cleaning was on the schedule for tomorrow.
Old 06-23-2006, 02:19 PM   #213  
Melissa

Frouf, we haven't seen the RV movie, maybe we should! Hope you have fun today and enjoy the quiet evening at home!

Vickie, sorry you got behind on your cleaning. You would be ashamed of my house! It's a disaster.

Kathy, you are such a looker! Seriously, I think it would look good no matter what. You're quite beautiful!

Only 1 hour from going home...not that I'm counting down or anything.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:19 PM   #214  
Southside White Sox Fan

Melissa, I think when you move into a new house you have an automatic pass for the first year. I'm sure it's much better than you're making it sound.

I'm home from my pedicure and doing some paperwork before we go out for dinner. What a rough life!
Old 06-23-2006, 04:59 PM   #215  
focused and aiming

melissa, i'm very very excited about the possibility of moving. curtis is in the kitchen working on a floorplan right now. it's amazing! we agree on just about everything. life is good.

kathy, you look gorgeous as always. are you sure you have grown children?

saundra, you're gorgeous, too.

frouf, i hope all works out and we can get the new place, hot tub, creek, animals, etc..... i'm ready to be out of town. i talked to 2 women at ww who live down close by. they said a big walmart is in the works for the area.

i'm glad you're feeling better. enjoy a peaceful evening whether you go out or not.

vickie, i'm exhausted today. i was thinking of you and how you took a nap the day after you didn't sleep well. man, do i need a nap!
Old 06-23-2006, 06:50 PM   #216  
Southside White Sox Fan

Sandra, it's too late in the day to nap now. You'll never sleep at night tonight then! I love looking at floorplans. Would you build the house or are there houses there already? I've never built a home before. I have friends who have done it and it's really a lot of work. Maybe it's easier in other areas.

Well, I'm home from dinner and I was thinking about doing the rooms that I blew off this morning. It must not be meant to be today. The Niece called and wants me to go to Catherine's with her. She needs something to wear to the party tomorrow night. She's going to the same anniversary party that we are going to. She hates to shop alone. So even though I don't think they'll have anything new, I'll go walk around the store with her. What a good Auntie I am! She's going to eat dinner and then I'll meet her there. What a great life!
Old 06-23-2006, 06:50 PM   #217  

Height: 5'7"

Man, I need a nap too! Let's all go take a nap!

Home from work ... and I *did* stop by and get my hair cut, but it's not short, it's blunt cut all the way around, hangs just above my shoulders and is very swingy. And cute.

Okay, time to go cook dinner. I am really too tired to do so but don't think the people will be happy if there's nothing to eat tonight. Later!
Old 06-23-2006, 06:52 PM   #218  
Southside White Sox Fan

It has been seriously quiet here today. I thought I'd hang out for a while and catch up. I'm sure that I can't get on when I get home after going out shopping. I'll be cleaning tomorrow so I probably won't be back on until lunch time tomorrow. I hope you all have a great evening.

Kathy, I hope you are feeling better.

What's up with everyone else for the weekend? Is your food all planned?
Old 06-23-2006, 06:52 PM   #219  
Southside White Sox Fan

Well, hello! You SOUND better. Do you feel better?
Old 06-23-2006, 06:56 PM   #220  
Southside White Sox Fan

Picture to follow, I assume?
Old 06-23-2006, 07:00 PM   #221  

I feel better -- just don't think I'll eat dinner tonight. I don't think I can handle any food at the moment.

I don't have anyone to take a picture right now; maybe tomorrow? It's really too cute and I *must* get out from in front of the mirror. Can't get anything done ...
Old 06-23-2006, 07:11 PM   #222  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey, why leave the mirror when you're having so much fun?! It's good to like yourself.
Old 06-23-2006, 07:26 PM   #223  

Hehe! Okay, dinner is going and I'm sitting down. Brown rice, green beans, baked chicken and sliced tomatoes. It's not what I planned but since I'm not eating anyway, who cares? Judd isn't home from work yet.

Now. I have to work tomorrow for at least four hours, hopefully more if I can stand it. I should start back working OT but I'm going to start back at the gym, hopefully tomorrow, so that would make long days. Oh well ... maybe and maybe not. We'll see.

I'll be back in a bit!
Old 06-23-2006, 07:28 PM   #224  
Melissa

Kathy, I'm glad that you got a cut that you like. I'm sure it looks great.

Vickie, have fun tonight! That sounds like a good time. I love impromptu shopping trips.

I need to get some picking up done around here. DH is mowing the lawn.
I also need to do some exercising. You don't want to know what I ate tonight. I'll talk to you all later.
Old 06-23-2006, 08:03 PM   #225  

Okay this is what it looks like. As soon as I saw it, I thought of Maura Tierney. Had to go find a picture, and sure enough, it's like her style in Liar, Liar.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mauratierney.jpg (15.1 KB, 10 views)
Closed Thread