Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 06:12 PM   #121  
Melissa

Just wanted to let you all know that I have posted quite a few new recipes on our board during the past week. Just an FYI, some of them look very good.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:13 PM   #122  
focused and aiming

melissa, i'm going hard core core monday, too. we're quite the pair.

kathy, i'm sorry for your stress. no wonder your bp is high. judd needs to be more grown up. my thinking is you need to buy yourself something from judd. know what i mean?

our company will be here soon. i'm excited and ready for the visit. i'm hoping my gf can show me how to finish that darn potholder. yep, it's still unfinished.
Old 12-03-2005, 06:33 PM   #123  
Melissa

Sandra, we just follow each other in circles don't we? The blind leading the blind. Maybe this time we will actually get somewhere!
Old 12-03-2005, 08:55 PM   #124  
Melissa

OK, does EVERYONE have a life tonight? I may have to resort to exercising!
Old 12-03-2005, 09:00 PM   #125  

Height: 5'7"

Not really! But if you'd like to exercise, do some for me too!
Old 12-03-2005, 09:54 PM   #126  
Melissa

Well Kathy you know that was an empty threat. Instead I ended up searching for recipes and printing out a whole bunch of them. Exciting, huh?!
Old 12-03-2005, 10:14 PM   #127  
Southside White Sox Fan

I just watched some Hallmark Christmas movies. It's really putting me in the spirit. Now I'm off to shower and then who knows what! Probably bed. We're supposed to have some snow tonight; anywhere between 1-4 inches. Typical for this time of year.

Ornaments for the tree tomorrow and probably some other decorating too.
Old 12-03-2005, 10:18 PM   #128  
Southside White Sox Fan

Melissa, you were busy in the recipes! I really like the looks of the Creamy Chicken Wild Rice Soup. I know I printed that one out before but never made it. I think I'll do it soon since both Jim and I like that kind of soup. Thanks for reminding me.

See you all in the morning!
Old 12-03-2005, 10:21 PM   #129  
Melissa

Vickie, glad that you got to relax and also get in the holiday spirit. I am a little recipe monster. I used to be totally obsessed with them (I guess I still am, but a little more focused now). When I got married I had a gazillion recipes printed off from the internet. I threw most of them away simply because it was unmanageable. Anyway, I thought the soup looked very yummy! And I love cream soups, so something creamy is always nice. Have a great night!
Old 12-04-2005, 12:51 AM   #130  
focused and aiming

melissa, i'm going to check your recipes tomorrow. they are sounding really good. i'm going to work at making core more fun this time. soup especially sounds good to me. thanks for posting the recipes.

vickie, christmas movies sound good. after company left, curtis and i watched an old roy orbison concert on pbs. sure was good. we felt like kids again.

kathy, i hope your back is better. my friend couldn't figure out how to finish off the potholder either cept for me to get a crochet needle and thread. is that how you finished yours?
Old 12-04-2005, 08:56 AM   #131  
Southside White Sox Fan

Good Morning my Chickie Friends! It's cold here and snowed just a couple of inches. It looks really pretty. Jim is at Walt's grocery store returning the chicken he bought yesterday. He bought a roaster and I prefer fryers. I'm roasting it in the rotisserie but I prefer the smaller, younger bird. Isn't he a great guy? I told him I'd make the roaster. I had to tell him it was the wrong one since he does so much of the shopping. I didn't want him to keep bringing home the wrong one.

I'm feeling a little better today in all departments. I didn't get enough sleep but that can be easily remedied later. I really want to get the tree done today.

Sandra, I just love Christmas movies and the sappier the better. Last night I watched the worst quality one ever with Mary Steenburgen in it back from the 80's. It was kind of a It's a Wonderful Life theme. I even cried at that happy ending. I own quite a collection. I drag them out and watch them on the TV in the living room while I wrap presents at the dining room table. My living room and dining room are open to each other (kind of side by side rectangles with an archway between them). I like them all but really enjoy Santa Clause. It's so sweet, the life that you and Curtis have. You two really sound alot like me and Jim. You guys have your archery and we have our baseball.

Melissa, I'm addicted to recipes too. I must have at least 50 cookbooks. Last year at the garage sale, I sold some of them and it was hard. One of my winter projects is supposed to be to go back through my old WW cookbooks to find Core recipes. I still plan to do that, and of course share with all of you. I'm so glad you shared that soup recipe. I'm all for anything that doesn't have tomatoes in it. I like tomatoes but I'm sick of them.

As a matter of fact, nothing is appealing to me. I'm hoping it's the virus and not my head. Last night, our steak was horrible. We threw it away without eating it. Even the baked potato didn't taste good. I got Jim to order a pizza and I ate shreded wheat and banana. We've decided that we aren't cooking steak at home any more. They were $15.00 steaks so it's not that I went cheap. I'm looking forward to the roast chicken tonight.

My scale is still up this morning. I'm not holding out a lot of hope for tomorrow's weigh in but I'll be going anyway. I didn't get back to the exercise this week like I planned. I will though, soon.

Ok, enough of my rambling. I'll go post a menu and get cracking on my decorating for today.

Frouf, it's been 3 days!
Old 12-04-2005, 10:13 AM   #132  

Morning chickies
Vickie I know which movie you are talking about,,,I like that one but I cant remember the name of it. I watched one called Snow last night,,,it was cute. I finished wrapping all my gifts last night. I have gotten so much accomplished this weekend...thank goodness. I was beginning to get a little stressed about it and I never stress over christmas. All thats left now is the food. Im still re-working my appetizers, my youngest Dd called last week and told me she bought a top and shes down a size...so is doing so well. She sounded so proud of herself too. It made my week thats for sure. First time on her own and all.
Off to church here and then Im going to get into a good book Im reading. The house is all clean so I dont have to worry about it. And Im going to check out Melissas recipes... Vickie we should share cookbooks !! Im addicted to them and cooking magazines. Sandra I remember seeing that on tv when I was channgel surfing last night...it would have been good to watch too. Did you feel like you're on a date?? haha
I better head to church or I will be late..
ttyl chickies!
Old 12-04-2005, 10:14 AM   #133  

Good morning!!

Another hot day here -- didn't you want to hear that? Nah, I'm kidding. Really it's 38 right now and will be 29 tonight. The high yesterday was 90. And you guys think YOUR weather is kooky!!

I'm about to go to the grocery store. I didn't go yesterday and still need a few things for the lunches/dinners this week. Mr. Drunkpants is still quoteunquote sleeping, aka passed out. I'm thoroughly disgusted and my bedroom reeks. I think I'll tell him to wash the sheets today and put them back on. No reason for me to bust my butt just because he made the room stanky.

Vickie, we always cook tenderloin (filet mignon), the ones you get in the little hard pack. That's what SF calls for in their menus, and you just can't mess it up. I hate it when I mess up the food and have to toss it, like when I burn a big pot of chili or beans, so I can imagine how you feel about throwing out steak!

We are finishing up the decorating too. I think all that's left is the tree ornaments and anything else I decide to put out. The way I feel about it right now, that won't be much. I'm ready to get the Christmas gifts off of the dining room table and under the tree where Bindy can start her yearly tradition of pre-opening them for us. We've learned not to put anything of great value under there, because there's always the potential of it getting eaten.

Scale is holding at 149.6. Days like this I'm tempted to just drink water all day to ensure I'll still be there in the morning, but I know that's a no-no.

Alright, off to start the day! I'll BBL.
Old 12-04-2005, 10:16 AM   #134  

P.S. Is the movie "One Magic Christmas"?

Description
--In this heartwarming Christmas film, a young mother, Ginny Grainger (Mary Steenburgen), rediscovers the joy and beauty of Christmas thanks to the unshakeable faith of her six-year-old daughter (Elisabeth Harnois) and Gideon (Harry Dean Stanton), her very own guardian angel. With Gideon's help, Ginny learns that the season is about her family and other people she loves, rather than the presents and materialism heaped on by a consumerist society.

Synopsis
--Christmas is coming, and for the Grainger clan, it's looking pretty bleak: Mr. Grainger has lost his job, debts are piling up, and the family is about to lose their home. As a result, the mother falls into a terrible bout of depression, so a guardian angel arrives to help her and the family through this cheerless period. Will the cherub be able to provide a Merry Christmas for all?
Old 12-04-2005, 10:18 AM   #135  

hey that rhymed..damn im good!
Closed Thread