Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 03:41 PM   #106  
Southside White Sox Fan

Linda, I use my computer in the Den/Office. If money were no object, I'd do what Kathy did so I could be in the room with Jim. I just can't bring myself to move the computer into the family room.

Kathy, no sitting outside here! Your fingers would go so numb that someone else would have to turn the pages for you. I LOVE cheerios, Kath, and miss them very much on Core. I really hope that is one of the foods they add in January.

Danny, very interesting. I'm guessing the perfect plan would be Flore but I simply do NOT want anything to do with weighing and measuring. I'm religious about tracking the mandatory stuff for Core...but that's it!

I just finished fluffing my Christmas tree and putting the skirt underneath. Ugh. I'm not used to this new tree yet. With the old tree the skirt was last because the tree was up in the revolving stand and higher off the ground. It was not a pretty (but I'll bet it was a hysterical) sight of me grunting and groaning and trying to shimmy by 260 plus pounds underneath the tree to the the tree skirt JUST RIGHT! Anyway....all's well that ends well. My shoulder blade doesn't even hurt too bad. And....I'm not feeling too much of that female discomfort either which is a GREAT thing!

We decided on steak for tonight too. I didn't want to eat steak the night before weigh in so that means chicken tomorrow night. I didn't even think about oven roasted potatoes. Thanks Kathy! I'll ask Jim when he comes home if he'd like to have the garlic/olive oil roasted potatoes. Yum! I've got veggies and salad to go with it. I just ate some Ff cottage cheese and peaches so my mandatory milk servings are in and I just finished glass 8 of water. All in all a good Core day. Too bad the scale shows a gain so far for Monday. I'll do whatever I can to change that between now and then.
Old 12-03-2005, 03:46 PM   #107  

Height: 5'7"

Yeah, well check this out:

Holy cow, we're 60 degrees warmer than you!! Isn't there some sort of compromise?
Old 12-03-2005, 03:57 PM   #108  

Hey Kath how do you do that?? I know a LONG time ago that was discussed but do you think you can spell it out one more time!!
It sure as **** feels like 88 degrees here too...God sometimes I just hate the thought of the Sun every SINGLE day!!
When you get a 'spare' moment, if you don't mind.....Spare Moment!! I know, what's that!!

Oh and PS....any info any the lap top would be appreciated :-)
Old 12-03-2005, 04:03 PM   #109  
Southside White Sox Fan

I can't remember what 89 degrees feels like! But I love the cold weather and the snow through New Year's Day....then I just can't wait for Spring and Baseball.
Old 12-03-2005, 04:10 PM   #110  

Well ... let's see if I can explain this. Right click on mine, go down to properties, copy the URL and paste it into another window. Before you hit enter though, change the state to yours (two letter abbrev) and city. Then hit enter. Make sure it's right and then copy that URL.

THEN in your User CP, edit signature and paste the URL in there. You'll have to use the HTML tags ... [ img ] blah blah [ /img ] -- just like that but with no spaces.
Old 12-03-2005, 04:13 PM   #111  

And for the laptop: We bought Dell Inspiron. They are pentium with Windows XP and when we bought them, they included a ton of upgrades. Regular price was $1700 and we got this package deal where they were $999 each. Wireless cards are about $40 each and we already had the wireless modem for the other computers because a few of them (we have 7 in the house) don't have connections nearby.

The day after Thanksgiving, Walmart had a HP Pavilion for under $400. That would have been a good deal too for a basic laptop.
Old 12-03-2005, 04:17 PM   #112  
Melissa

Wow, I did it! That has never worked for me before.
Old 12-03-2005, 04:20 PM   #113  

Hey, you go gir!! Sometimes they don't show up and you have to refresh the page. It's pretty cold there, too!
Old 12-03-2005, 04:20 PM   #114  

I sure didn't such a dummy head...ok I'll keep trying.....
Old 12-03-2005, 04:25 PM   #115  

Linda, sometimes you have to put in the next biggest city to yours. Try that.
Old 12-03-2005, 04:26 PM   #116  

oh well....all I know is ITS HOT here!!! Hate it!!!!!!!!!

Now I'll go read about the laptop thingys!!

Nope nothing but the Dreaded BIG RED X

I'll keep at it later....now it has become a challenge!!
Old 12-03-2005, 05:10 PM   #117  
focused and aiming

vickie, i would love to go to the salon with you. would we ever have fun!! my hair is adorable!!!! i'm not bragging--i'm relieved! i have been fretting over it for months. last night i actually felt cute for the first time in a long time. okay--i know i need to lose 50 lbs but i still felt cute.

melissa, i've been missing you this week. i need you, girl! i'm glad you had a good vacation, though. i hope you get the new job soon. that will almost be like another vacation, won't it?

kim, congrats on losing that pound.

kathy, for the wi monday.

linda, you're doing so well. i am happy for you.

danny, you sound very focused. that's wonderful.

we have company coming tonight. i have core spaghetti/meat sauce and some other things i won't mention. wish me luck.

got to go hit the showers. have a good evening.
Old 12-03-2005, 05:29 PM   #118  
Melissa

Vickie, I'm glad that you got your Christmas tree fluffed and the skirt in place! And that your shoulder isn't hurting you too much.

Linda, we have the wireless internet too. I really love it. Like Kathy said, I can take my computer into the kitchen for recipes, etc. Very nice!

Kathy, your steak and potatoes sound very, very good. I'm sorry that it is so hot there today but at least you got to enjoy the weather.

Sandra, I love ya girl! You are so close to being in the 180's! I'm scared to w/i, I am probably no longer in the 180's. That's why I am going to go hard-core starting Monday probably. I need to get rid of some leftovers but then it's all core for me. I am planning on stuffing myself with fruits and veggies and water. I hope you have fun tonight, it sounds like you have a good meal planned.
Old 12-03-2005, 05:40 PM   #119  

Dingbat Judd just called from the bar, wanting me to go bowling with them tonight. I'm thinking -- how insensitive can you be? I just spent a week on the heating pad, even had to stay home from work and in bed all day, and you think I'm going BOWLING tonight? Good Lord, talk about selfish! He wants to go and he thinks if he talks me into it, he won't look so bad for going out. We also don't have the budget for it, but since he doesn't pay the bills, he doesn't worry about minor details like that ... or when I tell him, he doesn't care. Oh whatever.

Both DDs are at work tonight and I don't care if Shaun eats or not (he'd probably just go smear it in his carpet anyway) so I put the steak back in the fridge and will have either a salad or another bowl of Cheerios. Or nothing. I'm a little ticked right now.
Old 12-03-2005, 05:46 PM   #120  
Melissa

I'm sorry Kathy, that is so insensitive. Maybe you should go do something fun for yourself while he's out with the boys.
Closed Thread