Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 09:55 PM   #181  
Melissa

Old 12-05-2005, 10:02 PM   #182  

Height: 5'7"

Alrighty, I'm back. All flour, etc. is washed off of me. Judd walked by and ate a piece of it and nearly melted into the floor. It's been a while since he had food like that, so he said THAT'S what we're having Christmas morning. Fried chicken, biscuits and gravy, sliced tomatoes, and fried potatoes and onions. Okay, maybe we'll do the potatoes/onions in the oven to save a few arteries.

Have you guys ever been into the Biggest Loser forum? Did you know that Jillian posts there? She answers questions. I just happened on it and was shocked!

I think I'd like to sit down and watch some TV now. I've been either standing at the stove, doing laundry, cleaning, feeding and pottying the dogs ... basically doing the hustle. Hey, does that qualify as exercise?
Old 12-05-2005, 10:28 PM   #183  
Melissa

I think it does Kathy. I have seen that forum, and saw that she answers questions there. Isn't that wild? Of course it could be anyone posing as Jillian! Pretty neat.

I'm headed for bed. I did not sleep well last night at all. After I "potty the dog" as Kathy says, I'm heading to dreamland. Night all.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:32 PM   #184  
Southside White Sox Fan

Thanks Chicks! You are all such great friends.

I forgot to tell you that our friend, Guy, died yesterday. So we'll be going to the wake on Thursday and the funeral on Friday morning. He's got friends and family from out of town so they are postponing the services until then. I was just online getting directions to the funeral home. Then a cup of tea for me and then to the couch with the ice bag. Believe it or not the ice bag felt better last night than the heating pad. Does that make sense? I thought it did since they keep telling me that cystitis is an inflammation.

Sweet dreams. I hope to be more "me" tomorrow.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:38 PM   #185  
Melissa

Another Vickie. I'm so sorry to hear about your freind's death. I hope that the wake and funeral are a beautiful celebration of his life.
And I hope that the ice and tea help you feel better so that you can rest.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:46 PM   #186  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Unhappy

Darling Vickie - hope you are holding up - sorry to hear about your friend - and hope your ice pack is making you at least feel better physically! Glad to hear the ultrasound results are normal - but agree that you should do some further "investigating"!

Kathy - yum for the fried chicken - hope not too much got burnt!...and yes I would have been on more this pm except that a) our computers were so bummed out I could barely get anything done and b) I was too busy STUFFING MY FACE WITH 6 REESE'S PEANUT BUTTER CUPS to get online. Yes you heard me - I just broke down - it was like a stampede of sugar - how pathetic.

...and I know I am an emotional eater cuz after tonight's fiasco in the car w/dd - yet another "demand" for $$ as she is going to a concert wed night - and that after calling dh a "******" in front of little ds - NOT COOL EMILY! So now she is all mad at her wicked witch of a mother! While she was dancing dh and little ds and I went to the local starbucks where I had my nonfat decaf cappuccino along with a CRANBERRY BLISS BAR - now how predictable was that?!!!!! I now feel stuffed and bloated and mad at myself - and feel like I will never lose this weight so I might as well give up! YIKES...

Not looking forward to tomorrow and dr appt - should I tell her I am giving up and I will just sit here and wait til the high bp and high cholesterol and diabetes and other weight related problems kill me?

Off to investigate the "gastric pacer" - think that's what I need now!

Frouf
Old 12-05-2005, 11:01 PM   #187  
focused and aiming

vickie, this is an emotional time for you. i hope you can hold up all right. i am worried about you.

kathy, chicken, biscuits, gravy, and all sound wonderful.

melissa, i hope you get some rest tonight.

frouf oh frouf. don't give up. maybe you need to take some time off from ww. what do you think? think that would help?

i just found olive garden near where we'll be competing in salt lake city in march. till then life goes on.
Old 12-06-2005, 06:19 AM   #188  

Vickie Thoughts and Prayers are with you and TWO BIG

Back to work and I have missed oogods of posts....this working thing can sure cramp a person lifestyle....

I am IN a Better Frame of Mind....Thanks Sandra for that great article.

Try and 'see' you all later.....off to work now........
Oh I asked an interesting question of one of the Leaders who dropped her work off to me.....she will be back today to go over it with me...she had a meeting to run to....
Old 12-06-2005, 06:23 AM   #189  

Frouf, hang in there. I AM an emotional eater too....it's not pretty.
I too turn to sweets...like the Choc cover Macadmias I had the other day...Why the is Choc sooooooo soothing????????
Let's TRY and not do that....let's think of something else that will 'satisfy' us during that emotional escapade (sp?)
Old 12-06-2005, 08:38 AM   #190  
Kim

It's a cold wintry day here in Arkansas and I feel wonderful. I'm on day 12 of "clean eating" and am amazed at how much better I feel. Hope you all have a great day!
Vicki-I'm praying for you.
Old 12-06-2005, 08:56 AM   #191  
Melissa

Kim, you're really inspiring!

Frouf, Sugar is so hard to pass by, especially when you are feeling emotional. It is for me. Maybe Sandra's right, maybe you could try something different for a little while? Or maybe you just keep plugging along. That's what I am trying to figure out too.

Sandra, uh-oh, watch out for the Olive Garden wine!

Linda, glad you are in better spirits. Let us in on all of the work gossip.

Hope everyone is having a great day. I'm at work, so that sums up my day. I have to admit that I am eating goldfish crackers as my tummy was not happy this morning and the thought of oatmeal was not settling well. So off to a fabulous start. Hopefully things will only get better (?).
Old 12-06-2005, 08:59 AM   #192  

Good morning, chickies! It's a brrr cold day here, and my poor little DD had a flat in the middle of the night. She gets off work at midnight when the store closes, finished cleaning up and went out to find a flat on her car. I don't know if her boyfriend was there or if she had to call him, but anyway he helped her get it changed, she drove home slowly and will get new tires today. It's also finals week so she's a little busy, what with full-time school and working 40 hours a week. Bless her little heart. And for some reason, yesterday morning I remembered a fleece scarf and hat in the closet, and put it out for her to take with her. Good thing too since she had to hang around in the parking lot for a while last night! God takes care of us all.

Vickie, I'm so sorry about your friend. It was all just so sudden, and that's the sadness of it. I know they had said it was going to happen, but you can just never prepare for things like that. I'll be thinking of you all and the family. Try to feel better, too. I know there are answers out there for you; we just have to find someone who has them!

Frouf, please don't give up! Maybe you should take a break, as was suggested. Switch to a totally different plan, something like Sugar Busters. I can PM you with a list of foods (at least the ones on MY list) if you'd like. It's basically Core minus the corn, white potatoes, FF stuff -- but allows WhWh bread, reduced sugar PB, lite cheese (instead of FF), nuts, Triscuits, etc. There's shortage of good food on the list, just like Core, but it's tweaked a little. It's still all low G.I. foods. Or how about walking while DD is at dance? I don't know if it's an option or not.

Linda, you MUST tell your boss that you have to have internet breaks. I'm sure they'll understand! Seriously though, how are you doing on your eating, exercising, and losing (or maintaining)? I haven't heard you say much about it ... I think we were about at the same place in late summer or early fall. Hopefully you're hanging in there with it.

Sandra, come on over Christmas morning and have breakfast with us!!

I'm off to post my menu. Have a great day, everyone!
Old 12-06-2005, 09:17 AM   #193  

Melissa, hey there girl! I hope you slept better last night and tummy issues resolve soon.
Old 12-06-2005, 09:36 AM   #194  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Christmas morning breakfast at Kathy's - last one there is a rotten egg!

LJ - sounds like you are a bit more positive today - good for you!

Kim - you are amazing - keep up the FANTASTIC WORK!

Sandra - yes olive garden sounds like a plan - but I agree - maybe not the wine? ha ha ha

Melissa - sorry your tummy is upset this morning - hope the goldfish don't splash around in there too much!

Vickie - how are you feeling today? Hope you find some peace and relaxation.

..and its BRRRR very cold here today - but at least the sun is out which makes it a bit more pleasant!

I am still hanging in and not feeling very motivated - so I don't think another plan is the answer? I think I need to do some work on my self - I agree that I am obviously an emotional eater and need to examine that and find out how to change things to avoid this happening over and over again. Of course add some addictive sugar in the mix and I can't seem to control myself at all.

I just look at myself now and feel so depressed and overwhelmed with the amount of weight I need to lose. Need to focus on a small amount like the next 3-5 lbs and just move on from there. I know exercise would help (physically and mentally) and I need to make that commitment to myself and JUST DO IT (as the ads say).

I guess I will let my dr know how I feel - maybe she can wave a magic wand or something and get me re-motivated again?

Tonight is the gambling extravaganza - so I shall have to remember to get to the bank and withdraw my life savings so I can gamble it away! (NOT!). Dh says to make sure and double my money! (told him I'm not coming home til I do that! ha ha ha).

Frouf
Old 12-06-2005, 10:39 AM   #195  

Well, Frouf, good luck with the doctor. Let me know the brand name of that magic wand because I'd like to have one. I was thinking that maybe a different program might work because if it had more things you liked, it would be easier to stick with. Maybe not? Or maybe we're all still looking for that one elusive eating plan that includes chocolate. Preferably, chocolate covered cherries. I have nearly caved in a few times while walking thru Walmart. They're freakin' EVERYWHERE!!!
Closed Thread