Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 10:21 AM   #136  
Southside White Sox Fan

That's the one, Kath!
Old 12-04-2005, 10:23 AM   #137  
Southside White Sox Fan

Ok, I'm off now. I'm feeling depressed. Just in the last two hours my pelvic symtoms are returning. Same as last time. 4 days off of the antibiotics and I start feeling bad again. They keep telling me it's non bacterial but why does the antibiotic make me feel better. I am NOT a hypochondriac!
Old 12-04-2005, 10:53 AM   #138  

Mornin' Everyone. Nope Still Hot as here!! I'm telling ya there is no way it seems like the holiday. Matter of fact we are going to a Christmas BBQ!!!! shorts and sandals required...ugh!!
I love hearing of Vickies' Winter Wonderland there..It does my heart good. I am quite sad...for a lot of reasons, but no need to get into it.

Anyway so far good eating....veggie burger (c) on lite bread (1)
I'll have chicken at the BBQ. I am not in a talkative mood so I am assuming I will be the quite one there today.
Did falter a bit yesterday...saddness, that'll do it to me...found comfort splurging on some Choc. covered Macadamias....and my beloved I.C at night...I WATP so I don't feel all that bad. Oh well, and so it goes.
Guess I am missing my family and friends....well 'nough whinning.

It's back to work tomorrow.....didn't win lotto, only 3 numbers!!

Picked up a Flank Steak today, looking forward to trying it. It's Core, and have heard many rave about it. Anyone here try it??

Well you know what... I am feeling pretty emotionally lousy, so I will send this off - don't want to dwell on anything.
Thanks for being there, 'see' you all later..........

Last edited by L.J.; 12-04-2005 at 12:25 PM.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:01 AM   #139  
Southside White Sox Fan

Poor Linda. You sound as blue as me. Try to celebrate that you have friends to go to the BBQ with. You are always so sad to be there. Maybe Frank will let you move? The Midwest is quite lovely and of course there's plenty of snow!
Old 12-04-2005, 12:31 PM   #140  
Melissa

Hi all! It's been a morning already. DH woke up really dizzy so I think that he is getting sick. He barely made it through leading worship this morning. Then we cut out, got some lunch, and I anticipate that we will be lying on the couch all day today. Just some laundry and general picking up the house for me. Otherwise, not much of anything.

Vickie, I'm so sorry that you are having a down day. I'm still keeping that you can find out the source of your problems quickly.

Kathy, wow, what a weather change!! I'm sorry about Judd. How annoying. Oh, but great news about the scale! I'm sure you will be down into the 140s tomorrow.

Linda, so sorry that you are feeling down. Maybe Vickie's right, maybe you should discuss moving closer to family.

Well off to lounge and be lazy.
Old 12-04-2005, 01:02 PM   #141  

Height: 5'7"

Hey, all. Good grief, we're a lousy bunch, aren't we?

Melissa, I hope Aaron isn't getting sick. I'm sure this time of year is getting busy at the church. And I'd appreciate it if he'd get his behind in gear and do a little blogging! I'm waiting for an update on his friend. Happy couch sitting.

Poor Linda! Girl, what's wrong? Is it the season, are you getting sick, are there bad problems in your life, or do you just not want to go back to work? Or maybe a combination of all??? I hope you get a little rest and find some peace. You sound like you need a big hug.

Vickie, another phone call to the doctor in the morning? It's time they get crackin' and figure something out once and for all. And bless your heart, we KNOW you aren't a hypochondriac. Let's think positively about the w/i. Maybe it won't be as bad as you anticipate.

I'm home from the store, cut up all the cheese and carrots and celery, individually packaged them for various peoples' lunches this week, have done a few loads of laundry and worked up quite a sweat. I've just traded jeans and a fleece pullover for a t-shirt and shorts. Now I'm going to hang out on the bed and read my book for a while. It's a good one.

Should we gas up the Core-vette and go pick up Frouf? Maybe she's stuck in a snowbank somewhere. Of course it's only a two-seater, so we'll have to draw straws to see which of us gets to drive to Canada!

Later, buds.
Old 12-04-2005, 01:19 PM   #142  
focused and aiming

vickie, i've often thought you and jim reminded me of curtis and myself, too. do you have many friends around you your age who are retired? almost all of our friends still work. it's cold here today, too, but we don't have any fresh snow thank goodness. i like sappy movies, too, but they upset curtis. he lost his wife before me to a l s. to this day he still has trouble even watching hospital/dying scenes. i understand. phantom of the opera got to me when kristine was singing about wishing her father were still alive. i'm getting sappy here now. sorry. it's a beautiful day. (that's what we say to each other when we need cheering or positive direction.) (it works.)

vickie, you might need to take some zinc. that helps get your taste buds back in gear.

we did have a good get together with friends last night. after dinner i told them the spaghetti/etc was core. they were shocked. today i'm making melissa's chicken rice soup. i am not 100% core today but will be tomorrow. okay, frouf, will you be here dusting with me tomorrow?

patti, congrats to dd. that is very commendable losing while living away from home the first time. she gets an attagirl. yes, last night was our date. after company left we watched a roy orbison special on pbs. (did i already tell ya'll this?) talk about memory lane! it was fantastic!! he was quite the performer/songwritier, wasn't he? there were a lot of today's stars doing backup for him in that performance including bonnie raitt, lyle lovette, elvis costella.

kathy, i had a shock reading your post. i was jumping back and forth with reading and typing and missed the word "synopsis." i thought you were talking about your family. whew! it's a movie!!!!

linda, i'm sorry you're sad. i don't know what's going on in your life, but i want you to know i'm sending you hugs and wishing you the best to come.

melissa, i hope aaron gets to feeling better. don't you catch it. be careful about boggling. i'm making the soup now. thanks again for the recipe. tomorrow--100% core.

kathy, let's go get frouf. where is that girl?
Old 12-04-2005, 01:45 PM   #143  

Thanks for the cyber hugs everyone...what's going on....truth be known, I just don't want to be here, just don't. Frank loves it, so how can I ask him to now move back. God knows I drop subtle hints in a joking manner, but in all honesty it isn't going to happen. So I guess I might as well make the best of it. My job keeps me very busy on a daily basis so in one respect as much as I loved being home these past few days, I am looking forward to getting back....not too much time to think.

I miss being around MY friends and MY family, MY sister, BIL, neices, nephews and the little ones they have,as well as MY best friends.
Guess it gets more to me this time of year.
Well in a few minutes we're off to the Christmas BBQ...whoop de doo.
These are nice people but to me they aren't real friends, if you know what I mean. I can open up more to all of you then I can them. *sigh*

Oh well, I have said enough for one day.....It's almost 2pm and the BBQ is about to get under way.
I am going to try and get here during the week during the day....although it's kind of hard from work, only because time doesn't allow...it's a non-stop kind of job, but I am going to try, even if I just read.
Have a good rest of your day...I'm going to check back when we get in. I don't plan on staying too long Work Tomorrow!!
Old 12-04-2005, 02:32 PM   #144  
focused and aiming

linda, i moved to montana from texas back in 97 to be with curtis. i left family and friends, too. i've had a lot of long bouts of loneliness. what i try to do now is call my son, daughter-in-law, and grands once a week. my best friend has unlimited long distance now so she calls me a lot. thank goodness for ma bell. i hope you can be happy where ever you wind up living. life's too short not to be happy. holidays are the hardest. please feel free to come here for support. isn't this a wonderful place for us to visit?

okay, now you put a big smile on your face because you are a very loved woman.

zig ziglar says that if we're unhappy with something (job, where we live, etc....) to make a list of all the things we like about this job, where we live, etc... when you make the list, you'll be amazed at what all you find that's positive. he said he had some folks in prison do this one time and they came up with 40 things they liked about being in prison, so i know you'll be able to come up with a lot of good things. they can be as simple as:

1. i love living here with a roof over my head.
2. i love living here within a few miles of my job.
3. i love living here with a husband who loves me.

begin each statement with "i love living here"
read your list several times a day.

if you don't want to do this, don't. this is just a suggestion that might help

melissa, you could do this beginning each statement with, "i love my job because..."

anybody who has something or some situation they aren't happy with can do this to help them. just a thought and suggestion.
Old 12-04-2005, 03:57 PM   #145  
Melissa

Kathy, you are too sweet. We don't know anything more about our friend. We were very close to them a few years ago but have had on and off communication since, so it's difficult to know exactly what is going on. That's so kind of you to think of him though. He is a wonderful guy. Sounds like you have been very productive today. I've not done much of anything! I should be getting stuff ready for a big core week, but I'm not.

I do have spicy pinto beans cooking in the crockpot (new recipe). They smell really good, so I'll let you all know how it turns out.

Sandra, I hope that you like the soup. Of course I didn't make up the recipe, just got it from the WW site. Let us know if it is good though. That's great about surprising your friends by telling them their dinner was diet-friendly. One time I made that pudding pie fluff stuff that you made up and took it to my parents. My step-dad said, "This is diet food?" He was amazed.

About my job, I could list several things that I like about it. It's just that the few negative things far outweigh the positives. Don't mean to be a downer, but it is true, just a very negative situation.

Linda, maybe I'm crazy, but I don't think anyone should resign to unhappiness. Yes, there is something to be said for "making the best" of your situation. But there is also something to be said for being honest and direct with your DH and openly discussing possibilities for your future. Sorry for the but I believe it is worth a conversation at least if you are that unhappy.

OK, I'm done. Hope that you are all doing well today, at least in the eating department! I had a not so great lunch but I know that I'm back on board tomorrow. Going back to work will help me regulate my eating.
Old 12-04-2005, 04:19 PM   #146  

Hello all! Boy, you miss a day, you miss a lot.

We have probably 6" of snow here...was quite a bit dumped Friday night. Vickie, did you guys get the snow too?

And, an update. I finally convinced my mom that she should be eating more. She went back on Core, started actually eating when she was hungry, and voila! She's lost like 3 pounds in the last week. Plus she's more comfortable. Anyway, thought you all might like to know.

I'm losing my voice, and my throat is starting to hurt again, like another cold is settling in. Grrr! I have to sing for church in a week or two, so I really hope to have a voice by then.

Keep up the good work everyone!

Angela
Old 12-04-2005, 04:24 PM   #147  
Melissa

Angela, that is so great about your mom!! How exciting. I think the fact that she is comfortable again is worth it anyway, but a big loss on top of that--how motivating. I hope that you aren't getting sick again. Take care of yourself!
Old 12-04-2005, 05:31 PM   #148  

If someone is interested the movie called *the homecoming-a Christmas story* is on tonight...this is the show that started *the waltons* my favourite show growing up!

In our small town we have a support group for people with different mood disorders,,Im thinking it may be something for people to check out in your town. (Im not trying to butt into peoples business,,its just can be a stressful and depressing time of year for some...hugs) It could be a way to meet new people and talk,,,just haveing someone to listen to you in person can be a great help. Also knowing you arent the only one going thru this can also be a comfort. Our local churches have a *blue christmas service* as well if that helps too. Its true sometimes we can talk more openly to *strangers* then to our own family. Not that you dont get great support from here (and we all do) but sometimes you need a *real* person to talk to. ((hugss))
Old 12-04-2005, 06:23 PM   #149  
Melissa

Patti, I forgot earlier, I meant to tell you a big CONGRATS for your daughter!

Just FYI, I made the Spicy Pinto Beans recipe (I posted under main dishes) today. They are for tomorrow but I did sneak a taste, as did DH. They are very good. A little bland, as there was no big piece of salty meat but overall pretty good. I also laid off on the salt as DH had BP issues. But anyway, they are good and I recommend them! We will be eating them tomorrow for dinner so I'll let you know just how tasty tomorrow.
Old 12-04-2005, 06:40 PM   #150  
focused and aiming

melissa, the soup is good. we'll be having it for more meals this week. we also have a lot of spaghetti meals ahead. i like having things cooked in advance. sure makes it easy when we get home from training. are you talking about that banana pudding? one of the friends who ate mine had seconds. it's amazing how good some of these recipes are, isn't it?

i'm sorry about your job. i agree that listing positive things doesn't always help. i just thought i'd share the idea. i wish i could be as positive as zig, but i'm not. (i'm working on it, though)

angela, congrats to your mom. that's inspiring.

patti, that's a good idea. thank you for sharing it with us.

it's been a good day today. we've just been taking it easy getting ready for the week ahead. we'll train a couple of days then go to pocatella friday. life is good.
Closed Thread