Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 06:18 PM   #166  
focused and aiming

l
melissa,

> Sandra, why do you think that you will have a gain?

i ate like i was trying to have a gain. now that i'm hard core again, i should do better. life is good.

frouf, i conpletely understand how your button gets turned on when you enter your "stage." that's the way i am, too, especially with archery. i won't "crash" until the event is over. guess that's a good thing, don't you?

frouf, stop that irrational eating!!!!! (okay, i need to do the same.) we both know what to do and we even know (to an extent) why we are eating the way we are. let's get out those pink feather dusters and primp up for core.

kathy!!!!! i see your ticker!!!!!! i'm jealous but i love you anyway. seriously, i'm very happy for you. you're a beacon in my snowstorm. will you reach out and give me a boost in the right direction? hmmmmmm? i'm thinking i was on your mind this morning cuz i needed you. we may have a mental link going here.

thank you for sharing those quotes from your mom. makes me smile. my mom used to say the same things.

linda, i am so happy for you. you sound so much more positive and happier today. that zig is amazing, isn't he? they gave me 3 of his cd's he'd made especially for curves folks. i love them. curtis and i work hard at being positive but we sometimes slip into negative-land. positive-ville is much more fun.

angela, that's normal to be reacting to foods the way you are. you are satisfied (as you should be) with the way you're looking and aren't in need of improvement. i know this sounds awful, but at 194 i tend to be satisfied with my looks. i mean i must be or i would work harder to change my looks, wouldn't i? the beagles bring back fond memories of beagles i used to own. what a hoot they are!

frouf, i have a hummingbird calendar i'm waiting to hang. ain't it grand! okay, girl. if the dealer has a 6 showing--don't hit!! lol

vickie? where are you? i need to be reading of your eating successes, girl. they give me hope.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:56 PM   #167  
Melissa

Well I hope that everyone is having a good day. I had such great intentions of being strictly core today and I haven't done very well. I've eaten healthy, just not core. It's so frustrating. But I've been starving all day, and that has a lot to do with it I know. I don't know what to do, it's enough to make me want to give up following a plan and just try to eat "healthy." (Although we all know how well that often works) I'm just really frustrated. I feel like I've eaten well today, but have used too many points. I don't know what to do!

Sandra, I know that you are going to get back on track and lose any extra weight.

Kathy, another congrats. You're doing great.

Where's Vickie today?

Angela, that story about the dogs cracked me up.

Frouf, the party sounds like fun! I've always wanted to go to Vegas or something. But I guess you have to have money to play with!
Old 12-05-2005, 07:11 PM   #168  
Melissa

This is from a list of holiday suggestions from the newest WW email. I thought it was really great (I thought of Kathy especially talking about this).

Don't let family or friends pressure you into overindulging. When they say, "You have nothing to worry about — you're so thin," reply, "The reason I'm thin is because I've worked hard to take off the weight, and I'm not going to blow it now."
Old 12-05-2005, 07:20 PM   #169  
focused and aiming

melissa, thank you for the ww quote. as to you--i'm not worried. you're doing all right. it takes more than one day to go hard core. hang in there. i'm hanging beside you.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:34 PM   #170  

Height: 5'7"

I'm starting to worry that Vickie called the dr. and they put her in the hospital for tests. We'd better hear something soon!!
Old 12-05-2005, 07:37 PM   #171  
focused and aiming

i hope it's all right for me to post this here. i got it from this month's lanny bassham newsletter from his mental management program. the newsletter is sent free so i'm assuming he won't mind if i share.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

" ATTAINMENT – More that just Winning

“95% of all winning is accomplished by only 5%” of the participants is true. There are very few winners. In a class at school there are only a few As and only one valedictorian. There can be but one National Champion, Miss America or Super Bowl winner each year. There can be only one Olympic Gold Medalist in four years and frequently the dominating performer wins more than once. Let’s face it; your chances of winning at anything in your life are very small.

But, does this mean that 95% of those who compete are losers? “Oh, that is too harsh a word!” you say. No one is a loser! We don’t use that word! OK, what word would you prefer? Non-winner just doesn’t seem to do it for me. How about “one of the best”? Is that just above “better than average”? If you are satisfied with just being good then why compete? Only one can accomplish being first. That is the definition of first. Winning is a unique position.

OK, how about this. We place too much emphasis on winning! Winning is not the important thing at all; just competing is enough. This creates a much bigger problem than it solves. Life is a competition and winning does matter. Try to tell the company that lost out on the contract and went under that it doesn’t matter if you win or not. Try to tell the side that lost the war that winning doesn’t matter. Winning matters! No one remembers who almost won the World Series, the first runner-up to Miss America or who almost won the presidential election except the runner-up and they can never forget. The Silver Medalist in the Olympics will remember that the national anthem is played for the Gold Medalist and not for him for the rest of his life. An Olympic Silver Medal is the best you can do in the world of sport and not win. Winning matters!

So, what can we say about those that do not win? Are they just wasting their time? Do they gain nothing from the experience? Is the valedictorian the only one that benefits from going to school? Do we learn nothing from the struggle up the mountain? Do you have to win to benefit from running the race? No! The opportunity to benefit is available to everyone from the winner on down. The problem seems to be that in our culture we seem to focus more on the accomplishment of where one finishes in a task than the benefit of performing the task. We focus on the record of our favorite football team not on the progression of skills learned by the players. One team can improve more than their opponent but still lose the game to them. It is easy to measure a score, talk about a score and write about a score. It is much more difficult to measure personal growth, skill acquisition and attitude improvement.

Winning is accomplishment. Accomplishment is easy to measure. It is A, B, C, D and F. It is Gold Silver and Bronze, First, Second and Third. It is how much money you earn not what you are worth. The winner of the Olympic Games is not better than anyone because he won. He just outscored his opponents. I cannot even say that. I won my gold medal when my score and the score of the Silver Medalist were the same. I was awarded the medal on a tie- breaking rule.

A winner is not better. He just performed better on that day. That’s all! Accomplishment is about what he did. Attainment is also about who he became in the process.
By Lanny Bassham"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

think of all we're accomplishing while we're on this weightloss journey. sure some of us (especially me!) take some steps backwards--but look what we're learning. i have to tell you that even though i have my binges every now and then--they are further apart and never as severe as they used to be. good food choices are much more automatic now. i have learned to eat (and love) foods i would never have believed possible 10 years ago.

will i ever get to goal? i guess time will tell. like i said in an earlier post--even though i weigh around 194, i have learned to love myself and have acquired a sort of "at peace" with who i am. now that's an attainment for sure!

i would love to get to goal. i would love to wear size 8's, but i'm not going to beat myself up. i am going to enjoy the journey and if i get to my destination so be it. if i don't--so be that, too. life will go on and life will still be good.

we can all be winners at weightloss whether we get to goal or not. we have our good performance and our not so good performance days. the important thing is we keep working and we keep having fun on this journey.

(now how's that for a soapbox rendition?)
Old 12-05-2005, 07:39 PM   #172  
focused and aiming

kathy, i'm worried about vickie, too. it's not like her to not get here. i hope she's all right.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:51 PM   #173  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hi Chicks. It's been a really long 2 days for me. I sort of decided not to post because I don't want to be a downer. I called both the Urologist and the Gynecologist today. Got great news on my ultrasounds. Both were normal! So what's wrong with me? I am waiting to talk to the Gynie so I can ask her what I already asked the Urologist.....if it's not an infection why does it feel better when I'm on antibiotics and worse again 3-4 days after the antibiotics are finished. Gynie hasn't called and Urologist had Nurse send me for another urinalysis and culture. I'm guessing they'll come back normal. I'm so frustrated. I am NOT a hypochondriac and I'm tired of not being well. I feel like the Doctors are thinking that I'm just convincing myself that the antibiotic is making me feel better. Anyway, I was trying not to be the non positive one...especially in the middle of all of this power of postive thinking! Plus, I'm starting to think I shouldn't wait until after the holidays for the lithotripsy but I'm scared to do it.

So, I'm trying to get out of my blue mood. I didn't go to weight watchers this morning because I was busy making all the Doctors calls. I had lunch with my sort of estranged Sister today again too. The good news is that I'm not eating as much and am staying completely Core. Not doing a very good job of fruits and veggies though. I hope to be back on the 8 healthy eating guidelines tomorrow. Plus, I'm going to have my hair done with some highlights so that should make me feel better too.

Sorry, I guess I'm just going to be a little behind on posts today. You are all so wonderful and sweet to be concerned about me.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:57 PM   #174  
Melissa

Vickie, we are just glad to hear from you. We were worried. Don't disappear on us like that! We don't care what kind of mood you're in, we just want to hear about what's going on in your life. We love ya girlfriend! I know that there is a good ending to all of this suffering that you are going through.

Sandra, thank you so much for posting that article. And thank you for your kind words here and on the menu thread. I truly appreciate it. I need to remember that the journey is more important than the destination, in all areas of life.

I'm off to dance-exercise. If I'm going to eat all of those wpas, I need to earn some aps.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:58 PM   #175  
focused and aiming

vickie, be sure to let us know what you find out from the tests. you have a right to be down. you've been hurting a long time. i hope all gets better quickly and you can get back to your old self.

congratulations on your eating. again you're amazing.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:08 PM   #176  
focused and aiming

melissa, i like your spunk. you go, girl!!
Old 12-05-2005, 08:42 PM   #177  
Melissa

I don't know if it's spunk or sheer determination.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:50 PM   #178  
focused and aiming

i like both. you have both. i'm proud of you.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:58 PM   #179  
Melissa

Thanks Sandra.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:29 PM   #180  

Height: 5'7"

Okay, you two get a room.

Vickie, girl! Don't you ever do that again! We were about to call the authorities!

And you guys just made me burn the chicken while I was reading these posts. I'm frying chicken pieces for the girls when they get home from work while turning from the island (where the computer is right now) to the stove back to the computer back to the stove. I had better pay attention for a minute.

BBL!
Closed Thread