Old 05-23-2016, 08:51 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 217/186/142

Height: 5'2

Rosinante, I understand now what they are saying about mushrooms. I have been eating mushrooms almost daily since reading about their health properties a few years ago. I don't seem to have any negative reaction to them. The symptoms of Candida vary so much and I do have some of them, but they could also be from something else, so I don't think that's one of my problems. I have so many. Ha Ha

I think whey protein powder is made from the whey that PQ is using, so it might do the same thing, but it contains other ingredients, also. Trish, I think you could mix your Whet Protein Powder with a small amount of water in your mixer, and then add the seltzer water to it. I think I would like that, too. I have never had seltzer water to my knowledge. This is an interesting discussion, and I'm curious to see what everyone ends up with.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 10:21 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Rosinante! I'm so glad you're joining us! Congrats on the 1.5 lb loss!

Good to have you back, Trish! Carb Days don't work for everyone, so definitely do what works for you!

Hi Carol Sue, PrairieQueen, and Rennie!

I am doing so terrible here at Dad's house. I am overeating. I even had pizza last night (not on Carb Day) because my 95-year-old Dad insisted on making it for me because I've been making all meals for him since I got here and he wanted to cook for me like he used to. Worried me to death because he's not steady on his feet and wears out easily, but bless his heart, he did it, and there was no way I wasn't eating it. I have no doubt I've gained at least 10 lbs in the week I've been here. Even though of course some of it is water, I know some of it isn't. I'm positive I'm back up in the 180s. I can see the weight on me. I'm going to try to be really good today after that pizza yesterday and Carb Day on Saturday. I've got to get back to eating on plan without overeating!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 07:16 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 181/132.8/130

Height: 5'3.5"

Evening Carol Sue, Jacqui, Rosinante, pattygirl, Rennie and everyone else! It's finally warm in Ohio 75 today, 79 tomorrow, and 80s Wednesday. Finally got hubs' oldest grandchild's clothes size this morning so stopped at a Target after work as it is really close by......they had nothing as cute as the other kids' stuff that we got at the outlets this weekend, so I didn't get her anything. We're going back to outlets Friday after dinner (I'm getting myself shoes this time and another dinner out )

Break - sausage mcmuffin
Lunch - chicken cilantro mini wontons
Snack - 3 tbsp guacamole, grape tomatoes
Dinner- pork Normandy, sweet potato fries w/mayo, garlic butter spaetzle (my friends in Normandy would be fainting if they saw these w/a French main course).

Last edited by PrairieQueen; 05-23-2016 at 07:17 PM.
PrairieQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 03:00 AM   #64  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Thank you for all the welcomes!

Jacqui D ~ you're absolutely right, you couldn't Not eat the pizza your Dad made you. Big hug. I'm not a scarf wearer but do wear one my Mum knitted me the Christmas before last: she was 94 then, 95 1/2 now, with arthritic hands and dreadful eyesight, and she knitted me a scarf!!!! (I know there are no carbs involved but kind of the same idea) x
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 08:46 AM   #65  

PQ we are warming up here in PA, also. It was warm and sunny yesterday until it rained late day. Warm and sunny again today, and getting warmer each day as the week goes on. It's about time. We had a cold May. I got my flower bed prepped yesterday and want to plant some annual today, before it gets too hot to be outside. (80 is too hot for me)

Today I have to try to keep my calories and carbs to a minimum. I have done terrible the past 2 days. I started on a new med that makes me very sleepy, and when I get sleepy, I overeat, thinking it will give me energy. I planned on starting to take it at bedtime today, but read online that it should be taken as soon as you get up. It doesn't say that on the label, just once a day. To me, bedtime is "once a day." LOL On top of that, it's not doing what it's meant to do. Maybe it needs more time.
Old 05-24-2016, 11:00 AM   #66  

Whey update: I forget about drinking a fizzy after school, but added about 1/4 cup to my fizzy drink concoction last night and no digestion problems. I didn't have a weight drop this morning, but a +0.4 rise due to pasta for dinner last night. . . this always happens. It should be off the some by Thursday

Last edited by PrairieQueen; 05-24-2016 at 11:01 AM.
Old 05-24-2016, 12:48 PM   #67  
TX Fat Chick

S/C/G: 258/214/160

Height: 5' 3"

Hi Ladies, I pop in and out and generally just read. But I wanted to report that this morning I'm officially down 44 lbs! 214 I am so, so excited to maybe see the 190's in the next couple of months!
melissakd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 02:24 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 221/179.6/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissakd View Post
Hi Ladies, I pop in and out and generally just read. But I wanted to report that this morning I'm officially down 44 lbs! 214 I am so, so excited to maybe see the 190's in the next couple of months!
Congratulations on the 44 lbs lost. You must be with joy.

May I ask here in TX you live? Are you from TX? I live in SC right now, but we are getting ready to put our house up for sale and hope our new house will be built by the end of summer for us to move into in the Heart Of TX near Waco. I was born and raised in Waco.
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 02:31 PM   #69  
TX Fat Chick

S/C/G: 258/214/160

Height: 5' 3"

Hi Patty Girl. I live on the coast near Corpus in a town called Rockport.

From Houston, lived in San Antonio the last 15 years. Just moved her last year.

I was just in Waco a couple of weeks ago for work
melissakd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 02:48 PM   #70  

Well, I'm sure it is from the meds but I've gained about 4 lbs since I was sick. I am back at MFP to count calories. I've raised the carbs some and lowered the fat and kept the protein at 100 grams a day. Raised the calories to a 1600 for a high although I have no plans to eat that much most days. Although I'm not really changing what I eat, I'm not using CAD to eat right now. I think I will do better spreading my carbs out throughout the day and just counting calories. Calories today are 1403 and carbs are 90 something. I'm also back to my 45 minutes exercise.

When we get ready to start showing the house to sell, DH says we have to take our stationary bikes out of the living room. So I will have to switch to doing dvd exercises. I've got a 30 minute Richard Simmon's Sweatin' to the Oldies that I always used and I have a 20 minute Walk Away the Pounds dvd and I will use that one and exercise 50 minutes a day. Will start that the first week of June.

P.Q. I didn't try the fizzy whey. I drank 2 whey drinks in one day and gained weight so I haven't tried any more. My body never works like everybody else. LOL

Jacqui My Daddy will be 93 next month and I would definitely eat whatever he cooked for me. You are so blessed to have yours still here at 95. I hope we have Daddy at least that long. I'm trying to get back home to TX to spend the last years of his life with him. We weren't too close when I was growing up, but I have called him every week since I left TX 13 yrs ago when I married DH and we have become close now and understand that we didn't get along when I was growing up because we are just a like. LOL I hope the rain in TX will stop so they can start building our house so we can move. Glad you had time with yours.

Carol Sue and others Hi

Have a great day.
Old 05-24-2016, 06:08 PM   #71  

Trish, I'm curious about what brand of Whey Powder you have. I looked at the one I have and it's 110 calories per scoop. I wonder why you gained from it, and if that is really why you gained. I think you were probably dehydrated when you were sick, and now that you're feeling better you gained back that fluid.

I did well with my eating today, as long as I don't eat much else. I had eggs for breakfast. For lunch I had a 1 inch square of DH's grilled cheese sandwich and a big salad. For dinner I had something that I make for DH which is similar to hamburger helper. I ate mostly the meat and green beans and only a couple pieces of potato. So I had enough carb to satisfy me, but not enough to raise my blood sugar much.
Old 05-24-2016, 07:16 PM   #72  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/197.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Thanks Jacqui , I love the year round school idea. I wish we lived in an area where they it. I think it would be so much better for my younger two (12 and 15) I loved the end of the school year as a youth also. It meant someone was coming to pick me up to come down to my Auntie's (the reason I'm in NC now) I spent my summers down here. Aw Jacqui that's so sweet of your Dad. Bless his heart

Trish, my friend good to see you I love the meal postings also, you should post some of yours It definitely helps with ideas Trish if you are talking about metformin and bowel issues ... that happened to me for every bit of 4-5 months, just awful. YAY you for being able manage your diabetes with diet and exercise that is GREAT. I'm happy for you Trish what about the sugar free Halls cough drops or the diabetic-tussin can you take/use that?

Rosinate good to see you here I like your goals and I've been with you on another thread so I know you'll do what you set out to do. All the best to you this go around YAY to you also on controlling diabetes with eating properly. I'd like to see your menus also please Rosinate what's natural live yogurt (brand please)? thanks

PrairieQueen I like buying clothes for little girls. My daughter is such a tomboy she doesn't like anything girly. I can thank having three boys before her for that She just started wearing her hair down. And she wore a dress last year for her 5th grade recognition ceremony then gave it to my oldest daughter afterwards I think. Good for you on bringing 2/3 of your food home PQ your meals on the 21st would have had me craving for more, I like those kind of meals I'm sure yours were all healthy ... but when I see quesadilla and pizza my mind drifts off I'm still reading what's liquid whey? I use whey protein powder in my smoothies and I even put it in my yogurt on the days that I would eat yogurt before work. It I happen to go a full day without messing up while using it, I'll let you know how I fair Do keep us posted .... ok still reading so you use the liquid whey that settles at the top. I use to buy a yogurt that that would happen with. I'm not sure which one it was since I now mainly buy carbmasters from Kroger and it doesn't do that.

Hi Katie

Carol Sue if you have ever had anything that says sparkling water, it's seltzer water. It's all the same with flavor added. Walmart carries a zero calorie flavored sparkling water pretty good. Carol Sue I don't like meds that make me sleepy either. Hope it does what it's supposed to do soon

Melissa on 44lbs GONE

I love hearing you all's Dad stories. Bless them

I'm not doing well as usual here lately, not able to stick to anything for a full day. weight is at 182 ... It's 15 minutes past my bedtime so I will tty all later, good night
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 08:07 PM   #73  

Carol Sue I have the Designer Whey that one of the girls on here told me about. I ordered it from a health food store. You are probably right about me being dehydrated while sick.

Rennie Hi girl. I used the Halls cough drops DGS had. I never thought about them having sugar and they worked so well, I didn't even think to look for sugar free when I bought them at Dollar Tree. I guess you see what I track on MFP, right? I am trying to plan 1st thing in the morning and try to stick with it through out the day. Not always 100% on, but close. Some times I change my mind on the fruit or veggies, but it gives me a guide to follow.

I had a homemade egg/sausage/cheese mcmuffin for breakfast and a homemade hamburger for lunch. I also had some cookies, but you know one of those thoughts "I'll eat them and get rid of them" idea? Dumb dumb, I should have been smart enough to have put them down the disposal. Oh well. What is done is done. Just won't be buying them again. I was going to saute some zucchini noodles and put some parmesan cheese on it, but I really haven't been hungry so probably won't eat it. I won't change it on MFP, because they won't accept me not eating at least 1200 calories and even with the cookies I don't think I got to 1200 calories today. Just over carbed.

Tomorrow is shopping day with DH and we will be going to Sam's club so I told DH I want to eat at Cracker Barrel. I really do good eating there. Salad, I do eat the fried catfish (farm raised not the good kind) and greens or green beans no bread. I always drink lemon water when eating out.

I have to WI at doctor's office in 2 weeks and I would love to lose those 4 lbs by then if at all possible.

Heard from our agent in TX this evening and the city won't allow us to turn the house at the angle we wanted. We aren't surprised, but we have lost time with them taking so long to say no. If I can get DH to okay it we will let them turn it the way they originally planned. It is a corner lot. I think he wanted it facing the other way, but I want the patio where it will be as they want to set it. Then I have to try to pin them down on an estimated/tentative move in date. I have a feeling if my house sales as fast as everyone tells me it will, we will be paying to move our furniture and store it while we stay with my sister for a minimum of 2 months. I don't like that but thankful we can.

Catch y'all tomorrow.
Old 05-24-2016, 08:58 PM   #74  

Evening ladies! Busy night....I finished setting my tomato cages out on what's already planted. Farmer friend tilled my "big" garden this eve, so I can get rest of my stuff planted before we leave for vacay. I need to "build" my cucumber trellises and get sweet potato slips as well. I should be burning a lot more calories in the coming days, which is a good thing....I overdid it tonight at the pub. I ate all my grilled wings, a side of sweet potato fries, and an absolutely delicious pear cider on tap that tasted more like a refreshing bubbly sweet wine. I made a copycat Olive Garden pasta e fagioli after school for our dinner to more night....it turned out great but I've never had the original so don't know if it really tastes like it. It's like an Italian chili.

Break - sausage mcmuffin
Snack - 7 almonds
Lunch - pork and pasta
Dinner - grilled wings, sweet potato fries, pear cider
Old 05-25-2016, 09:39 AM   #75  

Trish, I buy Hall's Sugar Free cough drops at Walmart. That's the cheapest place I can find them. They cost a little more than the regular. They don't have nutrition info on them so I don't know how many carbs are in them. Sugar Free is not necessarily carb free.

EDIT: I just googled and found that regular Halls cough drops have 15gm carb. Some sites say that Sugar Free have 0gm carbs and some say 3gm carb. That may sound trivial to a non-diabetic, but if you're sick and using cough drops, those carbs effect your blood sugar.

Rennie, I have never seen any sparkling water or carbonated water in stores, but I looked online and saw that Walmart has it. I guess I just never looked. I think it would be good for me if I can find a way to drink it. The reason I drink Diet Coke is because I like the carbonation, so if I can find a way to drink the sparkling water to my liking, I could replace the Diet Coke.

I usually get up early in the morning having to go to the bathroom, so this morning I took my new pill then. Then I went back to bed and sleep a couple more house, and I feel fine now, so this should work. Unfortunately, it still hasn't changed my blood pressure. I go to the doctor on June 3 so he will either increase the dose or change it to something else if things haven't improved by then. This morning my blood pressure was 141/60. Everything I've read says there shouldn't be more than a 50 point difference between the top and bottom numbers. It increases the risk for stroke and heart attack. I guess this pill is supposed to bring the top number down without lowering the bottom number. This is day 3 and it hasn't done anything yet.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 05-25-2016 at 09:48 AM.