Old 06-22-2016, 12:46 PM   #151  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Ha. I think in the olden days hospital patients were provided with bedwear, they were certainly washed in the hospital. Nowadays, you have to have someone do your washing for you, which is kind of rough on us singletons, and on our singletons' friends. How embarrassing to have to ask people to wash your knickers for you.....

wbh, hope you're keeping well now.

love2b150, all the best for the Friday procedure and the Monday appointment.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 05:47 PM   #152  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/197.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Thanks Rosinante that would be a bit odd to ask someone wash your undergarments ... but what can you do unless you buy a bunch to have everyday

Thanks Carol Sue, my plans were good but they fell through. I haven't eaten anything though, just liquid. So I am proud of me Broth isn't so bad, who knew

Dina, I think it's Carol Sue and Trish that do the Big Mac in a bowl. Eat it without the bread and add more lettuce. Not bad for you. (I've never tried it) Your breakfast was great. I've done a melon diet before or should I say the diet that the first day consist of melon. You drop lots of water weight that way

Last edited by love2b150; 06-22-2016 at 05:52 PM.
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 05:52 PM   #153  

S/C/G: SW: 323 CW: See Ticker GW: 180

Height: 5'8

Hello, I'm new here. I originally posted a thread, but was invited over here. I do not follow a very low carb diet b/c it puts me into gastroparesis. I currently eat approx 80 carbs a day, so I'm carb conscious, especially bc I am Diabetic. Wanted to pop on over and say hello
JesikaBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 05:54 PM   #154  
~Rennie

Hi JesikaBeth to the thread. I'm diabetic also.
Old 06-23-2016, 12:15 AM   #155  

S/C/G: 210/210/190

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2b150 View Post
Thanks Rosinante that would be a bit odd to ask someone wash your undergarments ... but what can you do unless you buy a bunch to have everyday

Thanks Carol Sue, my plans were good but they fell through. I haven't eaten anything though, just liquid. So I am proud of me Broth isn't so bad, who knew

Dina, I think it's Carol Sue and Trish that do the Big Mac in a bowl. Eat it without the bread and add more lettuce. Not bad for you. (I've never tried it) Your breakfast was great. I've done a melon diet before or should I say the diet that the first day consist of melon. You drop lots of water weight that way
Thank you!
I never looked at it like that before. Does anyone know if McDonald's puts it in a bowl or do I have to do it at home. I just don't want you go through the drive-in window and ask for a Big Mac in a bowl and they look at me like I'm crazy or something hahaha.
Dina123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 12:16 AM   #156  

S/C/G: 210/210/190

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesikaBeth View Post
Hello, I'm new here. I originally posted a thread, but was invited over here. I do not follow a very low carb diet b/c it puts me into gastroparesis. I currently eat approx 80 carbs a day, so I'm carb conscious, especially bc I am Diabetic. Wanted to pop on over and say hello
Hello, hello hello
Dina123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 08:27 AM   #157  

S/C/G: SW: 323 CW: See Ticker GW: 180

Height: 5'8

Hello! Thank you for the warm welcome
JesikaBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 10:42 AM   #158  
~Rennie

Dina you would prepare it at home but to be safe especially if bread is a weakness for you then I would ask for it without the bun. I wonder it they would throw some extra lettuce in the box for you? Can't hurt to ask. Then you can actually cut it up in the box and voila your big mac in a bowl (box)

JesikaBeth

Day 2 of liquids only, it's not too bad except when I smell food warming at work. I'm having my broth now ... it's not bad. I dropped 2.9lbs thanks to ony liquids. Even though I know it won't stick it was really nice to see that 7 on the scale for a change

06/21 ~ 181.8
06/22 ~ 182.2 (+0.4)
06/23 ~ 179.3 (-2.9)
Old 06-23-2016, 11:30 AM   #159  

S/C/G: 217/186/142

Height: 5'2

I just get my hamburger the way it comes, then take the bun off myself. Even if I eat in McDonalds. I have to ask for a knife and fork though, to eat the burger without holding it. If you have 5 Guys in your area, I heard that "burger in a bowl" is actually on their menu. I usually only eat burgers cooked at home, or in some restaurants that serve Angus Burgers. Fast food burgers don't taste like real meat to me. And I don't like all the saucy stuff they put on them. I just like lettuce, tomato, and onion.

Good luck on your liquid diet, Rennie.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 02:32 PM   #160  
~Rennie

Carol Sue, my daughter told me Red Robin does it also without the bun, she says it's pretty. I haven't been to a Red Robin in about 8 years plus or a Five Guys since we've lived here but I may give it a shot one of these days. I agree with you on the burger taste at fast food restaurants. I like Wendy's burgers and Hwy 55 I will eat a double cheese burger from BK on occasion when I want that char-grilled taste The liquid diet is only because I have to for my colonoscopy ... you are the second person that has mentioned me doing it but not knowing why ... I'm wondering now if my post are read I surely mentioned it. But anywho I like to eat so I couldn't do this if I didn't have to
Old 06-23-2016, 09:19 PM   #161  

Rennie, I did see that you were preparing for a colonoscopy but were going to start the liquid diet a day ahead of time. I didn't mention it because I thought maybe you didn't want to talk about it. I DO read you posts!! I could tell you about my experience with the prep while I was wearing the colostomy bag, but that is definitely TMI! LOL What an experience that was!

We went to Red Robin one time when they first opened here and didn't like it, so we never went back. We have also never been to 5 Guys. We go to the same restaurants over and over, where DH is comfortable. He is so picky. I guess I should consider that a complement since he picked me. LOL

Tomorrow is my doctor's appointment to discuss my "slightly abnormal" stress test. Waited 2 weeks wondering what he's going to say. Why couldn't he just tell me over the phone instead of making me wait 2 weeks.

Rosinante, in our hospital, you don't wear any undies. Just the hospital gown. You can't have any modesty there.

I sympathize with you, having to wait until the 18th for your repeat testing. It's so hard to wait not knowing what the outcome might be.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 06-23-2016 at 09:26 PM.
Old 06-24-2016, 03:26 AM   #162  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

Hm, a few of us dancing around tests and results and procedures. Akh, but good on us for sticking as hard as we can to our eating principles as we weight oops, typo, wait
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 07:19 AM   #163  

My doctor told me that the "slighly abnormal" results of my test were wrong, and it is his opinion, it was a good test. He said I could possibly get a second opinion and another doctor might see the abnormality. I am taking his opinion, because I feel good. If I had symptoms, I might get that second opinion. I hope that's not a mistake, but I know what symptoms to watch for. I've been through this several times before.

Rosinante, I did not stick to my eating principals yesterday. I ate so many fatty, carby foods that I have not had for a long time, and I felt terrible all evening. They tasted good while I was eating them, but I had forgotten how those foods make me feel, afterward. I sure hope I don't do that again!

I hope we all get good test results!
Old 06-25-2016, 10:56 AM   #164  
~Rennie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabehealthy View Post
Rennie, I did see that you were preparing for a colonoscopy but were going to start the liquid diet a day ahead of time. I didn't mention it because I thought maybe you didn't want to talk about it. I DO read you posts!! I could tell you about my experience with the prep while I was wearing the colostomy bag, but that is definitely TMI! LOL What an experience that was!

We went to Red Robin one time when they first opened here and didn't like it, so we never went back. We have also never been to 5 Guys. We go to the same restaurants over and over, where DH is comfortable. He is so picky. I guess I should consider that a complement since he picked me. LOL

Tomorrow is my doctor's appointment to discuss my "slightly abnormal" stress test. Waited 2 weeks wondering what he's going to say. Why couldn't he just tell me over the phone instead of making me wait 2 weeks.

Rosinante, in our hospital, you don't wear any undies. Just the hospital gown. You can't have any modesty there.

I sympathize with you, having to wait until the 18th for your repeat testing. It's so hard to wait not knowing what the outcome might be.
Carol Sue, I'm pretty much open to talk about anything I didn't know what was going to take place. I felt like I was gonna have major surgery. I had to have a driver that had to stay in the facility the whole time or they would reschedule. I had to be sedated (knocked me out cold) they said that only happens to some. They woke me up 3 times and before all of this they told me I couldn't drive for 24 hrs. That part wasn't told to me so I'm sure my manager isn't very happy with me. I called out because I drank that mixture of stuff that did everything to me and then my husband had to call yesterday good thing though because I just woke up at 9:30. I haven't slept like that in a long time.

Carol Sue in my experience with restaurants when they first open the food is always awful. It's like the pan (cooking things) are too new. Like cast iron it needs to be seasoned You should try them again All I had was a burger and fries I think but as long as the burger is done and seasoned well, I'm good I like burgers My kids don't like five guys, so I don't go there and the burger isn't worth the money and who wants a bag of greasy fries (not us) my opinion of course When we eat out with my husband we go to the same restaurant because he's picky but as long as they have chicken, turkey or tuna or beef that isn't costly he can find something He ate a turkey wrap yesterday which totally surprised me, and he commented "it's not bad, it's pretty good" I thought, he's growing up

Carol Sue, that is cute, your Hubby did pick/choose YOU Hope you hear good news from the doctor
Old 06-25-2016, 11:02 AM   #165  
~Rennie

Rosinante, I over looked the part about waiting a month. I'm sorry you have to wait so long also. My next appointment isn't until September but my doctor wants the weight down by then. I hope I can make her happy with at least 15lbs gone. I'm gonna try and the dietitian should help with that

Carol Sue glad you know what symptoms to look for ... good for you on the results. Did you ask why they didn't tell you on the phone? We all have days like you had yesterday, just a bump in the road ... hope you have a good day today