Old 07-11-2016, 08:55 AM   #211  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

PQ congratulations on the personal best! You do so well following your plan. You deserve the success!

I have heard about the tennis balls in the back of the pjs but never tried it. I spend most of my sleep time on my side and it works well for me.

Rennie, a sleep study is a good idea. You would need to check to see if you need to be referred by a doctor. I didn't need that, just scheduled the appointment on my own. Also, google the CPAP masks that are available and see if you could sleep wearing one of them. It's a big change. There is also a device you wear in your mouth. I think that gets fitter by a dentist.

Rosinante, how are you doing? I hope you're feeling well. It sounds like you had a nice little trip. The chinese buffet probably didn't do a lot of harm since you stayed on plan otherwise.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 06:12 PM   #212  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Rosinante glad you did decided to have enjoy the Buffet

PrairieQueen, yum on you lunch yesterday. After I check my sugar I think I'll make one on a flax/bran sandwich thin Did you make the black bean chili?

Carol Sue, I am taking notes for my next doctor's appointment so I will definitely talk to her about it, thanks
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 08:18 PM   #213  

S/C/G: 181/132.8/130

Height: 5'3.5"

Evening! Mother just left for her brother's house. Back to normal routine tomorrow. She did really well with her eating while here and only ate what I ate....no crapola. She said she's motivated again, so Im crossing my fingers.

Rennie I did make the chili and it was really good. I tweaked a recipe I found online. Mom and hubs really like it, so it's a keeper. I skipped the shredded cheese since it was lunch.

Break - half Reuben sandwich
Lunch - leftover pork saltimboca
Snack - 2 kiwis
Dinner - fettuccini w/basil-pine nut pesto and grilled chicken
PrairieQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 10:36 AM   #214  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

PrairieQueen my cyber-wishyouwerenear-chef please do share your tweaked recipe because I know it'll be healthy ... You know what's funny I was at work Sunday and at around 4-5am I was thinking man I'd love a good bowl of chili

my eating has been crappy nothing good to report
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 11:03 AM   #215  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Spanky This is definitely the right place! This is for anyone doing a low- moderate- or slow-carb diet! We'd be happy to have you join us!

Hi Ladies! I am still staying very busy and I've been terrible with my diet lately. Perhaps this is just my way, to diet for months and then go off and back on, the classic yo-yo. It's a mental thing. I just can't seem to stay on a diet at all times. I feel like I have to have a break to get up the gumption to go again, even though the Slow Carb Diet is not hard to stick to! It's just a matter of wanting a break. I know I'm going to regret it. My weight climbs back up so quickly. But it is what it is, lol! I hope you are all doing well! I haven't had a chance to go back and read posts yet. I just scrolled the last couple of pages and saw a new name. I am working hard organize my daily routine and I have to get this forum on the list because I need y'all! And I need to get back to slow-carbing!
Jacqui_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 07:46 PM   #216  

Hi all! Welcome newcomers......welcome back Jacqui!

I had a new pb this morning and probably lost it tonight after eating (fried) chicken tenders and (fried) pub fries w/bacon and sauce. But I really wanted them. I did do close to two hours in the garden today. We'll see what the scale says tomorrow and Thursday. We had a great time chatting with an old friend we hadn't seen in awhile.

Break - 4 slices bacon, 2 kiwis
Lunch - leftover pasta w/pesto & chicken
Dinner - 3 chicken tenders, pub fries, lite beer

Last edited by PrairieQueen; 07-12-2016 at 07:47 PM.
Old 07-12-2016, 08:35 PM   #217  

Thanks PrairieQueen! Hopefully your scale will be kind in the morning!
Old 07-12-2016, 10:23 PM   #218  

Welcome back, Jacqui! We really missed you!
Old 07-13-2016, 02:23 PM   #219  

Thanks Carol Sue! I miss y'all too! I'm trying to get back to eating well today, and I've actually added 3FC to my written daily schedule so despite being busy, I'm going to try to make it here each day! I'm not ready to step on the scale just yet but I had my usual for breakfast: 2 fried eggs, 2 slices of bacon, yogurt, and water with Mio. No toast (which I have been splurging and having while off my diet)! We'll see if I can get back on track! My biggest problem of course is sweets. When I'm busy, I'm stressed, and when I'm stressed, I want sweets. I'm going to try to stay away from them today.
Old 07-13-2016, 10:11 PM   #220  

Well so much for not blowing my diet today! I had a salad for dinner but I had no lunch and ate mint chocolate for snacks! Okay, well, tomorrow's a new day. I'll give it another go then!
Old 07-14-2016, 03:23 AM   #221  
Happy Plodder

S/C/G: 238/158.9/138

Height: 5'2"

I got right back on the Harcombe Diet horse as soon as I was back from my trip to Blackpool. I know I'm still over-doing the dairy, especially cream, but I'm sticking with it until I get next week's scary blood test and results come back. I know we shouldn't use food as an emotional crutch but I'll worry about that once I get those results.

Spent a night at my bro and sil's. Took supplies of food up (for the three of us, not just for me!) because they eat a lot of pasta and bread, and one slice of bread and I'm lost..... It worked very well, although the crusty bread and butter they ate with their salad looked amazing. However, I was able to resist it, and the ice cream they had for dessert ~ having made such a big deal of bringing "special" food, I'd have felt stupid caving into icecream.... and bread, and pasta, and crunchy snacks and dips......

Onwards.
Rosinante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 09:31 AM   #222  

Rosinante, great job! Temptation is so difficult and you did so well! Wishing you the best with your tests!

Hi Carol Sue, PrairieQueen and Rennie!

So the morning has started out well. We were out of bacon or ham, so I just had eggs, yogurt, and Mio water for breakfast. I hope I can get back on track today!
Old 07-14-2016, 09:59 AM   #223  

Jacqui, I have my Little Big Bread in the freezer for those days when I just need a slice of toast with my eggs, but that's less than once a week. That bread lasts me a very long time, as it's in the freezer, out of sight. I could eat the whole loaf at one sitting, no lie. I start out every day so good, with my eggs. I have stopped buying bacon because I'm not really crazy about it for one thing, too salty, and it seems to raise our blood pressure. I have been trying to do some intermittent fasting, but I just can't go without breakfast. I love eggs so much and feel that without all the other things that usually accompany them, they are good diet food. It seems that once I eat breakfast my appetite is on a roll for the rest of the day. I was up by 6 this morning and didn't eat until 9:30, so I did delay it somewhat. When I lived alone, my intermittent fasting was eat breakfast and lunch, then nothing until the next day. I am not big on dinner, but it's the main deal for DH. So here I am, eating what I want, then eating what he wants. No wonder I'm fat. I try to eat a very small dinner, but that doesn't always work. Some women on another forum are doing this 24 hour fasting thing, from 2PM to 2PM. I feel so inadequate that I can't accomplish that.
It seems that no matter how hard I try, every day I end up eating something that spikes my blood sugar, even knowing that it's going to happen.

Rosinante
, the first time I heard of Harcombe was from you, but I recently saw it mentioned in an article I was reading about weight loss. I'm glad it works well for you.
Old 07-14-2016, 05:49 PM   #224  

Afternoon all!

Carol Sue there is absolutely no way I could go 24 hours without food! Unless, I was sick or in the hospital.you are NOT inadequate.

Yesterday, I walked three miles with my neighbor friend (neighbor meaning one mile away). I also managed an hour in the garden. My calories were over 500 cal deficit but the scale didn't move today....prob because I'm sore and retaking water from overdoing it lately (physically, salty, carby wise).

Yesterday...
Break - leftover chicken pasta
Snack - 2 kiwis
Lunch - chef salad
Dinner - country ribs, sriracha mac & cheese (ricotta/cheddar), salad

Today....
Break - Mac and cheese
Snack - 2 kiwis
Lunch - chef salad
Dinner - shredded beef enchilada, Mac and cheese
Old 07-14-2016, 07:21 PM   #225  

PrairieQueen, good job on the walk with the neighbor! My walking has completely fallen away. But i'm lifting a lot of furniture, lol!

Carol Sue, oh my word, who wants to fast for 24 hours at our age? Lol! No, life's too short for that as far as I'm concerned, haha! I'm having trouble staying on plan too. I know when I'm ready, I will pick it up again and be 100%, but obviously, I'm not ready. Still, I'm going to keep trying, with good intentions each day, until one day it finally sticks. Today I had a bologna sandwich on soft white bread! Way off plan! We're having steak for dinner.

I just got back from an emergency run to the vet. (Thank goodness for evening hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays!) My 15-year-old cat, Baby, has UTI problems and it's so bad, they are going to test her for cancer. It's possible she has a sensitivity to the meds they've been giving her and it's made matters worse or it could be she has kidney stones. In any event, the vet changed the meds (I originally took her in at the end of June for a bladder infection, which was when they gave her the original meds. Those ended 8 days ago) and I'm hoping that's the issue. I can't imagine the pain she is in and yet I didn't know because cats hide it so well. She was playing just this morning! The vet gave her an injection to get the new antibiotics and pain/inflammation meds into her system and working quickly, and I should get the first round of test results tomorrow evening. I am not ready to lose yet another pet. I know they have all lived to ripe old ages, but I need Baby to live for a few more years.

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 07-15-2016 at 02:20 PM.