Old 04-08-2017, 08:29 AM   #406  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

thanks Rosinante I'm trying for sure. I went to see a nutritionist that set me straight with regards to my metformin and a lot of other things that I have constantly ignored.

weight 189.9

B~ Strawberry cream Quest shake
S~ mozzarella/Colby cheese stick, 2 whips 100 Greek strawberry cheesecake yogurts with/ 1 scoop protein powder
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 02:46 PM   #407  

S/C/G: 175/175/135

Height: 5'2"

Hello,
I am joining here because I think I really need some support. I have been trying to cut sugar and starches for the last few weeks, but I keep giving in the the cravings. I was thinking that it might help if I have others to talk with. Unfortunately, my hubby doesn't really understand the struggle to resist sugar. I really think I have an addiction. Once I get a taste of sweet (be it desert, crackers, fruit, etc) I just can't seem to stop. Sometimes I think I just don't have will power...I don't know. I am not following any particular diet. I just want to eat meats, low-starch vegetables, fats, and nuts. Any advice is welcome!
Sunny41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 11:06 PM   #408  

Hi Sunny you sound just like me. There are a lot of us out there who want more & more, once we start eating those fast carbs. I'm having the same struggle as you, right now. The thing that works for me to get back on track is to first cut out those carbs, and not worry about anything else. It takes a few days and then the cravings go away. For those few days, it's best not to try to restrict calories or impose any other restrictions, just stick to withdrawing from the carbs. Once the cravings aren't dogging you, it's much easier to manage the rest of your plan.

The first day is the hardest, in my experience. If you slip, just keep right on going like it didn't happen. It might take a few tries, just don't give up.

The diet plan described on this thread sounds like yours. Slow Carb. It worked well for me. The thread is quieter now. Maybe some others will chime in.

Sending you

Last edited by Sundove; 04-20-2017 at 11:07 PM.
Sundove is offline   Reply With Quote