Old 01-02-2011, 08:28 AM   #16  

Made turkey sausage and it was delicious.. Nice change in morning.

Any suggestions using tuna?I have the recipes in MRC cookbook, but am trying to make recipes without using the MRC supplements.

If anyone has been on maintenance here, I have a question for you.

Wishing all a happy day

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:00 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

I'm on maintenance, Patzi, what's up?
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:41 AM   #18  
Lotus in Bloom

S/C/G: 174.5/See tracker/124

Height: 4' 10"

Thank you to everyone. Today is a new day and looking back on yesterday it was nowhere near as bad as I would have been just a month ago. I even realized that many of my friends are feeders. Thanks to MRC I can identify them and make good choices around them.

You are right "progress not perfection"! Thank you so much!

It looks like everyone did really well. Great job to us all!
hteep123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:49 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/133

Height: 5'3"

We are getting ready to pack up the car and head out of town for the week. (another hunting trip. Yeah) Not really looking forward to it. I know it will be challenging to stay on plan. Thanks for all the inspiration right before we leave. I will try to remember that it is progress not perfection I am going for. Hope everyone does well. Keep up the good work.
struggling Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 07:29 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 209/178.8/150

Height: 5'4''

Struggling Nicole- OP while traveling can be difficult...be sure to drink water and your HNS and eat as best as you can! You can do it!
Razorbackbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:36 PM   #21  

Hi Deb...
On maintenance, do you still take the HNS, supplements,etc.from MRC,or do they have you slowly delete them from the menu?

Thanks..
Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:32 PM   #22  

By the end of stabilization, you are only using 1 HNS/day, but can gradually delete them altogether. Because of my workouts, I still use them as a protein supplement about once a day b/c I don't want to eat that much meat. So, after a workout, I may have 1, or have one with my yogurt at night. They're not required. Supplement-wise, I'm now only taking the basics: Vit D, Vit B, multi, and fish oil. I get those things at the drugstore.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:01 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Hubby and I just got back from a long weekend at some friends. My skinny best friend and her husband. So, knowing I was on a diet she made my favorite 7 layer dip and her famous cheescake. She would like me to lose the wieght but i guess she wants me to do it magically. At any rate, i stayed on program 100%, I guess the more she pushed food, the more i dug in. At any rate, great to hear everone is getting back on track, Nicole hang in there this week, you can do it! I am actually looking forward to weighing in either tomorrow or Tuesday.

Last edited by Sherral; 01-02-2011 at 10:06 PM.
Sherral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:19 PM   #24  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherral View Post
Hubby and I just got back from a long weekend at some friends. My skinny best friend and her husband. So, knowing I was on a diet she made my favorite 7 layer dip and her famous cheescake. She would like me to lose the wieght but i guess she wants me to do it magically. At any rate, i stayed on program 100%, I guess the more she pushed food, the more i dug in. At any rate, great to hear everone is getting back on track, Nicole hang in there this week, you can do it! I am actually looking forward to weighing in either tomorrow or Tuesday.
Ouch, that must've been tough to constantly turn her down.

One thing I've found with sabateurs (whether intentional or not) is that they either truly enjoy pleasing people with food and therefore make your favorite things--not thinking about how it will affect your diet, or they (consciously or subconsciously) don't want you to really lose the weight. My best friend really struggled with that the last time I lost weight--I figured she'd be supportive, since she was so skinny herself, but it turned out she wasn't; I think that deep down she was afraid my losing weight would cause me to "change" somehow, or not be the friend she needed me to be anymore, or something.

Either way, it's tough when people you care about are pushing food at you, no matter how lovingly. Congrats at standing firm and staying on plan!
teacherlady79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 10:55 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/160

Height: 5'7"

Thanks teacherlady. I think she loves to feed people and possibly deep down may not want me to get really thin, she prides herself on her thin body but because she is much older than me her being thin and reminding me I'm not is a form of vanity.I teased her back a little this weekend and asked her what she would do if I lost all my weight, she will still be older than me (20 years). We both laughed but it definately had the ring of truth.
Sherral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 06:51 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 243/ticker/185

Height: 5'10"

Starting my training to run a 5k in March. Got some friends doing it with me. They all understand my menu and so does my family. I have a huge support system here at home and at work. I am officially starting this year OP and taking it a day at a time. This running thing has me motivated because I have to do it because of all the other people counting on my to do it with them. We will see how it goes. Ready for no more treats and goodies and parties for a bit. I go in Wednesday to face the music for a WI after the holidays!
jade1393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:07 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 254/247.5/182.5

Height: 5'10"

Man! Everyone has been doing so great over the holidays. I just got back from work from at 2 week vacation over the holidays. And you know that wagon I was talking about in December, well, it rolled on down the road speeding away at a massive rate. The first few days, while not on plan, I was watching what I was eating--and by that I mean I was watching everything go into my mouth and into my stomach. I still only went up a few pounds. Now, back to work, I weighed in this morning and it is a catastrophe! I haven't been to MRC to weigh in since the beginning of December and I've been off plan that long.

Should I just start over with Day 1? Anticipating that's the correct answer I started this morning. HNC, egg, toast, LOTS of water. Even more water in my future today..

I worry about going back to the center. Is there a penalty for missing so many days/weigh ins (other than the penalty of gaining back virtually everything I had lost)? I know (think?) the ladies there will be supportive in getting me back on track, but I'm also a little (a LOT) ashamed of just how easy it was to give in.

Any support? Ideas? And finger wagging will be accepted
machaela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:19 AM   #28  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by machaela View Post
I worry about going back to the center. Is there a penalty for missing so many days/weigh ins (other than the penalty of gaining back virtually everything I had lost)? I know (think?) the ladies there will be supportive in getting me back on track, but I'm also a little (a LOT) ashamed of just how easy it was to give in.

Any support? Ideas? And finger wagging will be accepted
My sister felt the same way when she went off-plan for a month or so. I went with her to the center, and when she signed in she told them they would probably find her file in the "where the **** is she?" section. They all laughed, and her weigh-in went a little longer than usual as they discussed how/why she went off plan, what to do to get back on track, etc., but they were still very supportive.

There is no penalty for going off-plan/not weighing in, other than (as I'm sure they'll point out) you are wasting your own money/time. And they can no longer "guarantee" a certain amount of weight loss by a certain date, of course, since you broke your end of the contract. But I've found them to be really encouraging/supportive as far as making the most of your remaining time with them.

Good luck! I veered off plan somewhat over the holidays, and now my cravings are terrible! I was filling out my food sheet for the last week (I record everything on livestrong.com, then transfer it to my MRC food sheet--because I can do livestrong from my phone and I like the little charts and graphs it does with my info, lol) and I realized that I've developed the nasty habit of snacking (on carbs) at night. Probably because I've been staying up later than usual during my break, but it will probably be a difficult habit to break, nonetheless.
teacherlady79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 12:37 PM   #29  

Get back in there! Fear and shame hide in the dark. Bring it into the light, face it, and move on! ((hugs))
Old 01-03-2011, 01:15 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 205/160/155

Height: 5' 7.5"

I stayed with a group of friends this New Years weekend out of state. I packed food for myself so that I wouldn't have an excuse to eat out of control. And boy was I glad I didn't have room for excuses! The spread was amazing! It was particularly difficult since I have only just started (yellow menu!). I got through it and have my very first official weigh-in today. I'm so proud of myself for following the diet in that tough situation, and my husband even mentioned off the cuff that he was "extremely impressed by" and "proud of" my willpower. Woohoo!
AshleyRae is offline   Reply With Quote