Old 01-05-2011, 02:30 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 170/170/135

Height: 5' 3"

Hi everyone! Happy New Year! Got a call from the center today as I have not been in for 2 weeks (been out of town/traveling/vacation/etc) and it was actually rather comical. She was very supportive and joked that she would put my file back into circulation instead of filing me away to no-man's land (it sounded as if a lot of people fall off the wagon during the holidays and don't make it back!?). I'll go in Saturday am to WI, hoping for a decent WI as I have been off plan for almost 1 solid week with additional "oops" meals leading up to that. I'm okay with it though, knew I'd go off for Christmas and New Years (cooped up in hotel rooms with 11 other people - 9months to 68 yo). I bought some spin class sessions and am looking forward to getting my bunns in shape, lol. Have a wonderful afternoon all!
ImOverIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 03:01 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 209/178.8/150

Height: 5'4''

Well...I did it. I signed up for Zumba instructor training...in one month! Feb. 5 I will train to get certified to teach Zumba! I have always loved Zumba and always been really good (instructors before have told me to get certified), but my weight has made me feel like I am too big to teach others to work out.

Well, not anymore! I said my new year's resolution (one of them) was to finally get certified...and there is one an hour from where I live in Feb. No better time than now!

So I have just one month to work and get myself in great physical condition to be able to Zumba all day at the workshop!

I am nervous and excited all at the same time!
Razorbackbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 03:18 PM   #48  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorbackbritt View Post
Well...I did it. I signed up for Zumba instructor training...in one month! Feb. 5 I will train to get certified to teach Zumba! I have always loved Zumba and always been really good (instructors before have told me to get certified), but my weight has made me feel like I am too big to teach others to work out.

Well, not anymore! I said my new year's resolution (one of them) was to finally get certified...and there is one an hour from where I live in Feb. No better time than now!

So I have just one month to work and get myself in great physical condition to be able to Zumba all day at the workshop!

That is so cool! I'm actually a little envious of your courage on this. I've been toying with the idea of eventually becoming a yoga teacher, but I have a looong way to go in my practice before I'll feel ready to sign up for certification classes (I'm still in level 1-2 classes, just because there's so much I can't physically do yet). I always thought I could never teach yoga because of my weight, but last summer I took a class in Chicago (when visiting friends) and that instructor was about as heavy as I am now. The main thing you need, I think is knowledge of the practice and the endurance to actually do it. I'm sure Zumba is the same.

I've never tried Zumba (it just hasn't worked into my schedule yet), but I'm pretty sure I would love it, since I love to go salsa dancing (I took latin dance lessons several years ago--LOVE it!).

Good luck! If nothing else, this will motivate you to build your endurance and ability so you can achieve your goal!
teacherlady79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 03:49 PM   #49  
Lotus in Bloom

S/C/G: 174.5/See tracker/124

Height: 4' 10"

Congratulations on finding new motivation in 2011!
hteep123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 04:05 PM   #50  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 239.5/232.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Hi everyone!

Hi, all. I haven't posted in about a week or so. But, I have been doing ok on program. It is hard to do the plan without the HNS, i have not ordered for diet direct yet. Just waiting on payday. I bought the Necart protien powder and it works but it is hard to drink everyday for all my HNS and i don't really like the homemade ones too much with egg whites. I hope to order the HNS next week. Do you guys think I should do preconditioning until I get those in so that I can stay OP better? The HNS really help between meals and last time I was on MRC made a lot of gelatin with them.
lmickley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 06:48 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 175/156.6/128

Height: 5'3"

Hello all!

Still lurking more than posting, but I love reading about everyone's successes! I'm on Day 10 and down 4.8 lbs. I know this will slow down, but right now it is VERY motivating. I have also been 100% OP in 2011 after a few BLTs New Year's Eve.

My current goal is to see exactly how long I can go 100% OP. I know it gets easier, but I'm thinking that there will still be struggles. How long have you guys been able to stay 100% OP? Do your cravings come in waves or were they just constant and slowly died?
murphydoodle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 07:01 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Quote:

Yea! So great! I've thought about doing the same, myself!
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 07:51 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 243/ticker/185

Height: 5'10"

Had my WI today finally after the holidays. I actually lost 3 pounds during the holidays! Honestly that is has never happened. I wish it would have been more, but considering there were days I was off the plan I am happy with a loss than a gain. Now that I am focused, holidays are over, and I have a workout plan in place I should be in good shape. I am looking forward to see what happens for my next WI.

Razorbackbritt : I LOVE Zumba! Congrats and good luck on your training!
jade1393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 11:15 PM   #54  

Hello...

For those that order from Diet Direct, they have the following special.

20% off entire Hot Drinks Category.Only ones I know of that would be acceptable to us is BariWise Brand.

Coupon Code is HOTDRINK20

Hope you all have a wonderful Thursday.

Patzi
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 09:57 AM   #55  

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphydoodle2 View Post
Hello all!

Still lurking more than posting, but I love reading about everyone's successes! I'm on Day 10 and down 4.8 lbs. I know this will slow down, but right now it is VERY motivating. I have also been 100% OP in 2011 after a few BLTs New Year's Eve.

My current goal is to see exactly how long I can go 100% OP. I know it gets easier, but I'm thinking that there will still be struggles. How long have you guys been able to stay 100% OP? Do your cravings come in waves or were they just constant and slowly died?
My cravings come and go. I think they are situational. If I'm out eating at Olive Garden, I crave pasta. But I order the grilled chicken and it goes away. At a party where I brought the salad or veggie tray, I crave chips and dip. When I'm baking for my family, I crave sweets. On my period, I feel like vegging out, and I want whatever is around. As long as you don't give in to the craving (or if you do, just have a bite...no sabatoging yourself) it does get easier to say no. Hatesthesweatpants says that saying no is like a muscle, you have to work it and it gets easier.
Old 01-06-2011, 10:08 AM   #56  
Started Aug 2010

Quote:
My cravings come and go. I think they are situational. If I'm out eating at Olive Garden, I crave pasta. But I order the grilled chicken and it goes away. At a party where I brought the salad or veggie tray, I crave chips and dip. When I'm baking for my family, I crave sweets. On my period, I feel like vegging out, and I want whatever is around. As long as you don't give in to the craving (or if you do, just have a bite...no sabatoging yourself) it does get easier to say no. Hatesthesweatpants says that saying no is like a muscle, you have to work it and it gets easier.
I agree. Sometimes I just crave putting something in my mouth, lol. Last night, for example, I was craving a snack, so I started eating saltines. After about 3 crackers, I thought "This is crazy. No way was I sitting around thinking 'I really want saltine crackers right now!'" It made me stop and re-evaluate WHY I was eating them. Was I genuinely craving that specific item, or did I just feel like eating? I think it makes it easier to say "no" to a craving when you can determine whether it's because you really really really want that item, or you just really want to eat something--anything--for the sake of eating. It makes you realize that you're addressing/correcting a behavioral issue (eating just to eat) rather than just denying yourself something you really want (because chances are, you don't really really really want it).

It doesn't help that I just started my period yesterday--like razorbackbritt said, I think anything around me sounds good enough when I'm on my period.

Last edited by teacherlady79; 01-06-2011 at 10:11 AM. Reason: thought of something else!
Old 01-06-2011, 02:08 PM   #57  

Signed that 30 pound board today! FINALLY! And got measured...lost 9 inches in December. I was worried because I only lost 3 pounds last month...but lost 9 inches!

Woohoo! Celebrated by doing a great Zumba class!
Old 01-06-2011, 03:13 PM   #58  
Started Aug 2010

Quote:
Signed that 30 pound board today! FINALLY! And got measured...lost 9 inches in December. I was worried because I only lost 3 pounds last month...but lost 9 inches!

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Wasn't that just the best feeling? I've lost 10 or 20 lbs before on diets, but hitting the 30lb mark (and then the 40lb mark) was a big deal for me. I remember I did a little dance when I hit the 30lb mark, and then I remember feeling ridiculous about jumping all around and dancing when I recently hit my 40lb mark.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:33 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/133

Height: 5'3"

Quote:

Way to go, Congratulations!!!!

I found out the other day that I can ask them to do measurements more often than just every month. I think when I start getting down on how slow things are going I will ask them to do the measurements to hopefully life my spirits.

Awesome Job!!!
struggling Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:12 PM   #60  
Lotus in Bloom

S/C/G: 174.5/See tracker/124

Height: 4' 10"

Yay! They surprised me and took my measurements today too. I am down 1.5 lbs for a total of 12 lbs and 22 inches! I got my ribbon and I have it taped to the fridge. They pulled out the tambourine and we all did a little dance.

They did kinda get onto me about eating pork for lunch. I had a leftover pork chop for lunch yesterday and they "nicely reminded me" that wasn't allowed. I was completely ok with the reminder. That's what I pay them for! Woohoo to moving on down!
hteep123 is offline   Reply With Quote