Old 01-29-2011, 06:06 PM   #271  
Never give up!!!

S/C/G: 245/235/185

Height: 5'4"

I have been on the Meta Balance plan for almost 3 months now & I get frustrated with the scale not moving down as quickly as it did when I was on Meta Slim. I just don't get why it isn't moving when I exercise 3 to 4 days a week. I am trying to retrain my brain to not care what the scale says and only go off what my body comp says every month. It is hard to do, but I know that if I don't then my brain is going to sabotage this for me. So I was pleased to find out at my wi that I lost another 11.25 inches and 3% body fat. I was also asked when I started what I wanted my goal weight to be. I really didn't have a number & didn't want one either because I'm one that if I focus on that, but don't meet it then I will feel like I have failed. Well everytime they open my chart I see my goal weight should be 150 & I feel that is so far away & I don't think very attainable only because they say I have close to 140 lbs of muscle. It still sticks in my head & when I went in for cooking class I talked to a different consultant about it. She told me that I could get to that weight, but to maintain it would be too hard. She told me that the readout on the scale has been pretty consistent saying I should be between 174 & 180. That made me feel way better because then I would only have like 30 lbs left to lose, but to me being 180lbs sounds like a lot. I know it is just my brain again & if I could do a detox on my brain I would for sure do it. I know I need to be happy with what I have accomplished, but am having trouble with my brain. Does anyone else have this problem or can you give me any advise? Sorry if I was rambling.
Keep up the good work everybody!!!
shannysmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 06:41 PM   #272  

S/C/G: 202/152/150

Height: 5' 7"

I just discovered Mrs. Dash - Southwest Chipolte seasoning and needed to share. I sprinkled it on salmon and grilled. Yummy!! A nice smokey bbq flavor. I think I will try it wth bison this week.
LisaK190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:10 AM   #273  

S/C/G: 196/180/140

Height: 5'1

Ladystarrider- Congrats for getting back on the wagon

shannysmomma- Wow! You have lost over 100lbs! I had the same problem at my center. Tanita says my recommended weight should be 153. When I was on program last year my goal weight was the same and I got down to 165. Honestly, I was happy that I lost so much to get down to 165, but once I was there I felt like I could lose more weight b/c I wasn't as "thin" as I wanted to be. The tanita was run again when I hit 165 and it recommended a goal weight of 135. This time around I am aiming for 140 and once I am there I will make a decision. In mho I think you should aim for 180 and then make a decision at that time. I hope that helps you out a bit.
karla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 02:13 AM   #274  

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherlady79 View Post
^This is exactly what my problem has been lately, I think. I simply haven't been giving it my all, partly because I'm so pleased with how I look/feel now. My contract is up March 8, and I still have about 20lbs to go--no way that's going to happen in such a short time, now.

I weighed in this morning and lost the .5lb gain I had earlier in the week. I was actually a little disappointed it wasn't more, because I've been doing ok on program this week. But then I remembered the pieces of chocolate I was eating at work here and there, etc. I was able to get away with those little "cheats" before because I still had so much to lose. But I think I need to change my mindset now, because it's getting a little harder to see big drops on the scale.

I also need to convince myself that "good enough" isn't good enough for me! I'm not really sure how to do that right now, so I'm just going to rededicate myself to the program and hope it comes naturally.

One thing that might help me is that my best friend has decided she wants to do the program. I'm coaching her through it because she can't afford to go through the center right now. I lost my "weightloss buddy" in my sister as she is now unexpectedly pregnant, so maybe gaining a new buddy will help.

If anyone has any other ideas to help me stay on track, I'm all ears!
I LOVE that you said this "I also need to convince myself that "good enough" isn't good enough for me!" That is such a true statement. Have you ever gone to any of the connections classes. Those have helped me in the past get into the right mindset. Also, watching The Biggest Loser is a good motivator for me. If they can lose it so can we. At least we have each other to vent/rely on for support!
Old 01-30-2011, 02:24 AM   #275  

So tonight a group of friends and I went out and played in a Bunko tournament. We have done this quite a bit in the past so I knew what the night would have in store for me. Lets just say the first thing you see when you enter is: wine, keg of beer, soda, and lots of pizza. All of those things are "all you can eat/drink". I love/loved pizza. I stayed away from the table and brought my 36oz water bottle (which I had to keep refilling b/c I needed something to take away those cravings). Well as the night wore on the announcer states that dessert will be available soon aka I am in trouble time haha. So here was this table of yummy looking desserts. I felt like a dog drooling over a bone and not being able to have the bone/dessert. I went outside on our "dessert break" and thank goodness all of the desserts were gone by the time I came back inside. I have a weakness for chocolate. Anyways, that was my night...full of fun bunko (my friend won $320 from the raffle) and killing the dessert monster inside of me....well at least for tonight. Tommorrow i'm going on a road trip with my family to surprise visit my grandpa. The first thing that came to mind was crap they for sure will be serving rice and beans and some sort of meat that is seasoned with salt,etc. I am going to bring my food and hns in a lunch box. I think my step-grandma and grandpa may be offended that I am not eating what they cooked and also not eating birthday cake, but I have to do this for me. I am praying that they understand because I really don't want to hurt their feelings. When will the temptations go away??? I hope that there will be a day that I can walk past a brownie and not even think about eating it. I'm sorry for rambling, but I needed to get this out and y'all would def. understand the feeling. Have a great Sunday ladies!
Old 01-30-2011, 09:41 AM   #276  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by karla View Post
So tonight a group of friends and I went out and played in a Bunko tournament. We have done this quite a bit in the past so I knew what the night would have in store for me. Lets just say the first thing you see when you enter is: wine, keg of beer, soda, and lots of pizza. All of those things are "all you can eat/drink". I love/loved pizza. I stayed away from the table and brought my 36oz water bottle (which I had to keep refilling b/c I needed something to take away those cravings). Well as the night wore on the announcer states that dessert will be available soon aka I am in trouble time haha. So here was this table of yummy looking desserts. I felt like a dog drooling over a bone and not being able to have the bone/dessert. I went outside on our "dessert break" and thank goodness all of the desserts were gone by the time I came back inside. I have a weakness for chocolate. Anyways, that was my night...full of fun bunko (my friend won $320 from the raffle) and killing the dessert monster inside of me....well at least for tonight. Tommorrow i'm going on a road trip with my family to surprise visit my grandpa. The first thing that came to mind was crap they for sure will be serving rice and beans and some sort of meat that is seasoned with salt,etc. I am going to bring my food and hns in a lunch box. I think my step-grandma and grandpa may be offended that I am not eating what they cooked and also not eating birthday cake, but I have to do this for me. I am praying that they understand because I really don't want to hurt their feelings. When will the temptations go away??? I hope that there will be a day that I can walk past a brownie and not even think about eating it. I'm sorry for rambling, but I needed to get this out and y'all would def. understand the feeling. Have a great Sunday ladies!

Good for you! What a tough situation. I've had those times where I just had to hang on for dear life. You did it!

I used to say that I was a skinny girl trying to get out of a fat girl. Now, I'm a fat girl trying to get out of a skinny girl! I consider myself "reduced obese," not cured. It's a battle I'll have to fight forever, but it is easier than it was before. Now, I can have a brownie if I want to (especially cause I work out a ton). But, the temptation to go completely crazy is always there - don't know if it will ever go away.

Hang in there tomorrow - you may be tempted to give in because you were so good yesterday. I would just say that you love them so much and that not eating doesn't change that - you just want to be healthy enough to be around long term to help them celebrate.
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 06:59 AM   #277  

S/C/G: 243/ticker/185

Height: 5'10"

Ready to hop back on 100%. My husbands birthday was this weekend and I just couldn't catch a break. I got through it for the most part about 80-90% OP. Ready to start running again this week and going to Muay Thai. All I can do is start back over and try again. I am hoping for February to lose 10 pounds. I would be thrilled!!
jade1393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 02:53 PM   #278  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatethesweatpants View Post

Good for you! What a tough situation. I've had those times where I just had to hang on for dear life. You did it!

I used to say that I was a skinny girl trying to get out of a fat girl. Now, I'm a fat girl trying to get out of a skinny girl! I consider myself "reduced obese," not cured. It's a battle I'll have to fight forever, but it is easier than it was before. Now, I can have a brownie if I want to (especially cause I work out a ton). But, the temptation to go completely crazy is always there - don't know if it will ever go away.

Hang in there tomorrow - you may be tempted to give in because you were so good yesterday. I would just say that you love them so much and that not eating doesn't change that - you just want to be healthy enough to be around long term to help them celebrate.
I love your skinny girl / fat girl quote. That one for sure will stay in my head. So yesterday.....the good news is I stayed op somewhat. My Grandpa wanted to go to Golden Corral (his fave restaurant) for his birthday lunch. So the family all went to Golden Corral (mind you we drove 3 hrs...but I brought the lunch box w/my hns & bfast). I stayed op there b/c they have a pretty big salad bar. However, on the drive back to our town my parents stopped at their favorite winery. So.......I failed in that regards. I drank both my bf glass and mine for every wine, port, and cherry that they had. I was sloshed and when that happens a get a craving for junky fast food! Well, the family decided to stop at a pizza place and get pizza. Bf and I walked to another strip mall close by and got Subway. Let me just say it isn't easy sitting there watching 3 people eat a cheesy pizza (pizza is my all time favorite food...well it was). In the end I was happy that I was able to make better choices ie subway vs pizza. Today however, I feel like I was runover by a mack truck. I guess I learned my lesson. I have been op today and am waiting to see how the scale looks tomorrow (that is when I was planning on wi).
Old 01-31-2011, 03:08 PM   #279  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by karla View Post
I guess I learned my lesson. I have been op today and am waiting to see how the scale looks tomorrow (that is when I was planning on wi).
Drink lots and lots of water today. Alcohol always makes me retain a few pounds of water.
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 03:37 PM   #280  

S/C/G: 209/178.8/150

Height: 5'4''

Well, I ate chips and salsa yesterday. We went to a new Mexican place...and I said "I'll just try their salsa...only two chips" turned into me and hubby polishing off the bowl.

Drinking lots of water today. Need to weigh in tomorrow (weather permitting). They are calling for lots of snow/ice here...so we will see if I can get to the center safely.
Razorbackbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 03:54 PM   #281  

S/C/G: 212/198/127

Height: 5"4

Karla- I feel your pain about watching everyone eat something delicious and bready lol and not having anything...But you stuck to it pretty well considering all the temptation that was around you! Just keep it up and look at it as a small speed bump in your road to success!
milasmommy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 04:12 PM   #282  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

All right. I have been 100% on plan this weekend and today, so I'm hoping for a decent loss tomorrow when I weigh in. IF I weigh in--we're supposed to get 8-10 inches of snow by the end of the day tomorrow and the center is across town from my house...

I realize the stalls are a part of the process, blah blah blah. Heck, I've even told other people to chill out when they hit a brief stall, but it still doesn't make me feel any better when I stall out for several weigh ins. I was really disappointed on Saturday when all I lost was the .5lb I had gained earlier.

I've upped my HNS intake (I was averaging 3-4 per day, now I'm trying to max out every day) since Saturday in the hopes that will help. I have, after all, added an extra day of rigorous cardio to my weekly workouts, so maybe that was what slowed me down.

I really hope I can make it to the center tomorrow (and to my yoga class tonight, even), so I don't have to obsess about this until my next weigh in.
teacherlady79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:32 AM   #283  

Let's hope for good wi's for all of us this week!