Old 01-08-2011, 11:46 AM   #76  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

Yeah, I was bummed right around 20-25lbs, too. I even went in and made my center do measurements on me (they hadn't done them in a couple weeks) and give me a ribbon so I had something tangible to motivate me.

Between 25 and 30 lbs, I went down a full pants size, and I altered my work slacks (I sew, and couldn't bear the idea of buying new clothes for a transition phase). Once I had clothes that fit, everyone started noticing. It was great--and motivating.

Just keep plugging along, and when you get really down, either buy yourself an item of clothing that fits you well or--if you're like most of us--pull out and start wearing some of your old clothes that had stopped fitting you as you gained weight, but you still hung on to in the hopes of getting back into them.
teacherlady79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 12:35 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 269/210/185

Height: 5'6

Hello everyone, I am starting week one on the plan today. I lost 7 lbs in my week of detox which is AWESOME. Just wanted to say hello and that I look forward to reading everyones post.
Ready2Live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 12:50 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 253/219/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ready2Live View Post
Hello everyone, I am starting week one on the plan today. I lost 7 lbs in my week of detox which is AWESOME. Just wanted to say hello and that I look forward to reading everyones post.
Awesome! I'm one day behind you.. I start week one tomorrow!
katlinette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 01:37 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 269/210/185

Height: 5'6

That is great. I added you to my buddy list, we should check in regularly. We are close on what our goals seem to be. I already feel better that I have made the decision and the effort to make it happen. One step at a time.
Ready2Live is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 07:39 PM   #80  

Nice to meet you ready 2 live & Katlinette. Good luck to both of you . This is a wonderful program.

Patzi

Last edited by patzi; 01-08-2011 at 07:40 PM.
patzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 09:22 PM   #81  

Welcome! You will find great support here!
krishug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 07:51 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 243/ticker/185

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlinette View Post
Awesome! I'm one day behind you.. I start week one tomorrow!
Congrats! I just started not too long ago as well. I am on Menus Made Easy. It is a bit different. Good luck on your journey!

I wish I was losing the weight faster. I wonder why they put my on the Menus Made Easy program and not the other one with the colored menus. I am ready to lose this! I guess it is a process though. Took years to put this on. Might as well take a few months to try and get it all off. I don't feel any different yet. Might need to ask them to do my inches measurements the next time I'm in to see what it says. Cortitrim doesn't seem to be doing anything for me I don't think. Thought about trying the MRC-6. What do you all think?

Last edited by jade1393; 01-09-2011 at 07:54 AM.
jade1393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 09:33 AM   #83  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade1393 View Post
Congrats! I just started not too long ago as well. I am on Menus Made Easy. It is a bit different. Good luck on your journey!

I wish I was losing the weight faster. I wonder why they put my on the Menus Made Easy program and not the other one with the colored menus. I am ready to lose this! I guess it is a process though. Took years to put this on. Might as well take a few months to try and get it all off. I don't feel any different yet. Might need to ask them to do my inches measurements the next time I'm in to see what it says. Cortitrim doesn't seem to be doing anything for me I don't think. Thought about trying the MRC-6. What do you all think?
MRC-6 is basically high dose vitamin B6. I switched to plain B6 a couple of months in. The supplements REALLY don't have anything to do with the losses - it's the 1000 cals/day and carb combos/times you eat. Are you sticking super-closely to the eating plan? I took Cortitrim throughout, but I know it was the eating plan that gave the results. So many people have lost without any supplements at all.
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 11:04 AM   #84  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

I'm not doing any supplements, other than a store-bought multi-vitamin, flax oil, and the high nutrient supplements they want us to use throughout the day.

I really agree with Debi that it's the meal plan--low calorie and timed carbs--that causes the weight loss. When I first started, I thought I had the plan figured out pretty well, but when they went over my food diary with me, I discovered that I was making lots of little mistakes--eating heavier proteins at lunch sometimes instead of just at dinner, eating cooked tomatoes, etc. Little things can make a big difference. Also, I really struggled with drinking all of my water when I first started. Make sure you're getting all--if not more--of the required water intake.
teacherlady79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 03:19 PM   #85  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 239.5/232.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade1393 View Post

If you don't mind me asking, what is Menus made Easy? Is this a MRC plan?
lmickley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 04:34 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 164/158/130

Height: 5ft

Smile Hello to all~ :)

Hello everyone!

Today is my first day on the MetaSlim Plan. I wanted to introduce myself and ask a quick question. I'm wondering what kind of exercise is recommended. Is walking or jogging ok? Any feedback is welcomed.
Thanx
Journeygirl23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 06:24 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 216/216/140

Height: 4'11"

Default Rough Day

Good day Ladies,

I weighed in Thursday I'm done another 2.5lbs. YEAH!!

We had Christmas this weekend with my parents, and my siblings. It is hard to have it on Christmas because my sis-in-law is a nurse and my brother-in-law is a lineman for a power district between the two of them one is either working Christmas day or the other happens to be on call that week for any electric problems that might come up, so we always have it a different weekend.

I did pretty well staying OP.

Today I took my son back to school. He is a freshman in college so it has been a bit rough. Missing him already it was nice to have him home for 3 weeks. I joked w/ a friend when is spring break.

I pray you have a blessed day and evening.
cmmnsnsfml is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:56 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 243/ticker/185

Well I am not sticking to it exactly. Maybe that is the problem. I struggle getting my fruit and almonds in for a snack. Sometimes I will have dairy for lunch instead of dinner. I will try to stick exactly to it. I am supposed to drink an HNS for breakfast and snack. I can have a creamy HNS sometime in the day too. I will try to make sure I write everything down and stick 100% to it. Didn't realize all of that.

Menus made is is a MRC program. They send info to a dietician and they configure your menus for you and give you a menu of food you can choose from for Breakfast Lunch and Dinner. I don't have colored menus or anything. It stays the same. We will see what happens at the next WI by sticking to this 100%. I am proud that I am measuring my food though.
jade1393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 09:29 AM   #89  
Lindsay

S/C/G: 239.5/232.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Good morning, everyone. Happy Monday. I have decided to join MRC again and not try to go on my own. I can reenroll for $99 for 10 weeks. I feel that it is worth it for the support and I don't think that I will save that much money using diet direct to justify not joining MRC. I will keep going on my own until I can get to the center to join.
lmickley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 11:39 AM   #90  

S/C/G: 254/247.5/182.5

Happy Monday everyone! First weigh in after the tragic Holiday season went well. 4 pounds down in 3 days! Weekends are the hardest for me, because I don't work and it's easy to just sit on the couch and snack and REALLY hard for me to get my water in, but this weekend I pushed through and met all of my food goals and kept with it! I'll weigh in again tomorrow over lunch and am feeling positive. Even if I don't lose a large amount (which I can't expect after a 4lb loss) I know that I am sticking to the plan and can continue on to this.
Positive thoughts to everyone today!!
machaela is offline   Reply With Quote