Old 01-06-2011, 06:14 PM   #61  
Lotus in Bloom

S/C/G: 174.5/See tracker/124

Height: 4' 10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherlady79 View Post
It doesn't help that I just started my period yesterday--like razorbackbritt said, I think anything around me sounds good enough when I'm on my period.
Ugh...periods are such a yucky few days. All I want to do is eat, lay on a heating pad, and sleep. Not really "new lifestyle friendly".
hteep123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:58 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 175/156.6/128

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razorbackbritt View Post
Signed that 30 pound board today! FINALLY! And got measured...lost 9 inches in December. I was worried because I only lost 3 pounds last month...but lost 9 inches!

Woohoo! Celebrated by doing a great Zumba class!

Great job! I know it feels good to continue to reach your goals!
murphydoodle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:04 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 175/156.6/128

Quote:
I agree. Sometimes I just crave putting something in my mouth, lol. Last night, for example, I was craving a snack, so I started eating saltines. After about 3 crackers, I thought "This is crazy. No way was I sitting around thinking 'I really want saltine crackers right now!'" It made me stop and re-evaluate WHY I was eating them. Was I genuinely craving that specific item, or did I just feel like eating? I think it makes it easier to say "no" to a craving when you can determine whether it's because you really really really want that item, or you just really want to eat something--anything--for the sake of eating. It makes you realize that you're addressing/correcting a behavioral issue (eating just to eat) rather than just denying yourself something you really want (because chances are, you don't really really really want it).

It doesn't help that I just started my period yesterday--like razorbackbritt said, I think anything around me sounds good enough when I'm on my period.

My cravings are specifically for sugar. When I get stressed, I want to dive into something sweet and binge. The cure-all in the past was a package of ready-to-bake cookie dough. I think it's my drug of choice.

The good news is that with MRC, my sugar cravings seem to go down substantially. I was really proud that it was only BLTs on New Year's Eve, but usually with the first hit of sugar it's all over. Wow! I didn't mean to turn this into a therapy session!

I guess I should be thankful that TOM doesn't seem to make my cravings much worse.
murphydoodle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 07:20 PM   #64  
Lotus in Bloom

Oh I completely forgot the best part of all...Tanita said I dropped 10% body fat from my initial readings! YAY!!!
Old 01-07-2011, 07:51 AM   #65  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Quote:
Signed that 30 pound board today! FINALLY! And got measured...lost 9 inches in December. I was worried because I only lost 3 pounds last month...but lost 9 inches!

OH EMM GEE! Good job! And way to go on your celebration! I still can't believe I used to be the old cliche of eating cake to celebrate my weight loss.
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:02 AM   #66  
Lotus in Bloom

Quote:

This is SO exciting! I completely missed it last night playing with the baby and reading posts at the same time LOL! I am so happy for you!

We need a Zumba icon!
Old 01-07-2011, 12:16 PM   #67  
Started Aug 2010

S/C/G: 263/150/195

Height: 5'5"

I went to dinner with the in-laws last night to celebrate one of their birthdays. While I mostly stuck to plan, I did overeat somewhat. However, I also learned something interesting.

I used to enjoy that "overfull" feeling. You know, when you eat so much that you are almost uncomfortable, and all you really want to do is sit or lay down? I loved that--it made me feel...satisfied, or something.

Last night, I overate (a little more than my allotment of sirloin, and some extra bread, *sigh*) and got that "overfull" feeling--but I didn't like it. I didn't feel good. Instead, I felt tired and a little sick. We got home and I did some light stretching (the yoga positions recommended for detoxifying and getting your GI moving), and it wasn't until I had a major BM that I finally felt better.

Lesson learned, my friends. AND, I'm glad my body is starting to react to food the way it was meant to, rather than the way I trained it to through years of binge eating.
teacherlady79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 01:23 PM   #68  
Lotus in Bloom

Quote:
I went to dinner with the in-laws last night to celebrate one of their birthdays. While I mostly stuck to plan, I did overeat somewhat. However, I also learned something interesting.

I used to enjoy that "overfull" feeling. You know, when you eat so much that you are almost uncomfortable, and all you really want to do is sit or lay down? I loved that--it made me feel...satisfied, or something.

Last night, I overate (a little more than my allotment of sirloin, and some extra bread, *sigh*) and got that "overfull" feeling--but I didn't like it. I didn't feel good. Instead, I felt tired and a little sick. We got home and I did some light stretching (the yoga positions recommended for detoxifying and getting your GI moving), and it wasn't until I had a major BM that I finally felt better.

Lesson learned, my friends. AND, I'm glad my body is starting to react to food the way it was meant to, rather than the way I trained it to through years of binge eating.
Congratulations on another non-scale victory!!!
Old 01-07-2011, 03:35 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 209/178.8/150

Height: 5'4''

Thanks for celebrating with me. Its nice to have others who value my (as small as they are) milestones.

So thankful for this board! Not so thankful that I forgot to pack my veggies for lunch today, and I am STARVING after lunch. My protein and fruit didn't go so far. And I had 2 HNS with lunch to try and make up for it. But no fiber=hungry belly.

Trying hard to stay out of the office snack stash.
Razorbackbritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 06:56 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 178/see ticker/133

I just discovered spaghetti squash and LOVE it. I wish I would have tried it earlier. I browned some buffalo (I was craving red meat and thought it would satisfy, it was awesome too) added a little tomato basil supplement and some diced tomatoes then put it on top of cooked spaghetti squash with a side of garlic bread. Holy moly I am going to have it again tonight.
Starting to get the hang of cooking a little more and am getting excited about what I can have rather than what I can't. So excited!
struggling Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 09:12 AM   #71  

So another mini goal for me completed...Friday I got to sign the 20lb board!!!! BUT EVEN BIGGER, I can finally say I am back in the 100's!!!! Hey, even if it is just 199, I haven't been able to say I'm in the 100's for almost 6 years so I am beyond excited.

That makes 22lbs lost since Nov, 27th!!! However, after such a huge accomplishment and a great Friday, when I got home that night and laid in bed I just felt super bummed. I have see countless friends/coworkers this week whom I haven't seen in MONTHS and nobody has complimented or even noticed any weight loss.

When people ask me how my diet is going and I tell them "Oh i've lost 22lbs" I feel like they look at me like I am lying, like "theres no way she's lost 22 lbs, especially since Nov let alone at all". I feel like they look at me and see no difference. It sucks, because usually after telling someone that they would follow up with a "You can tell" or "I notice a difference" but literally, and I am not exaggerating one bit, not a single person has said anything. I dont come out and just tell people, i only talk about it if someone asks.

Anyways, so long story short i've lost 22lbs nobody notices and more importantly my clothes still fit the same and I dont physically see any difference. REALLY sucks!
Glammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 09:25 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 6'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glammy View Post
So another mini goal for me completed...Friday I got to sign the 20lb board!!!! BUT EVEN BIGGER, I can finally say I am back in the 100's!!!! Hey, even if it is just 199, I haven't been able to say I'm in the 100's for almost 6 years so I am beyond excited.

That makes 22lbs lost since Nov, 27th!!! However, after such a huge accomplishment and a great Friday, when I got home that night and laid in bed I just felt super bummed. I have see countless friends/coworkers this week whom I haven't seen in MONTHS and nobody has complimented or even noticed any weight loss.

When people ask me how my diet is going and I tell them "Oh i've lost 22lbs" I feel like they look at me like I am lying, like "theres no way she's lost 22 lbs, especially since Nov let alone at all". I feel like they look at me and see no difference. It sucks, because usually after telling someone that they would follow up with a "You can tell" or "I notice a difference" but literally, and I am not exaggerating one bit, not a single person has said anything. I dont come out and just tell people, i only talk about it if someone asks.

Anyways, so long story short i've lost 22lbs nobody notices and more importantly my clothes still fit the same and I dont physically see any difference. REALLY sucks!
No one noticed with me until after 20lbs as well, then it was just a few people who dared say anything. I hit the 100's at about 20lbs lost as well. After 20lbs, I really started seeing a difference. Hang in there and know that no matter what anyone else thinks, you are taking control of your HEALTH, first and foremost! Your heart, your lungs, your veins, your brain - all working better because you are 20lbs lighter. So, don't be discouraged, be thrilled for yourself!
hatethesweatpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 09:38 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 219/161/155

Height: 5'6"

Smile

Glammy, that happened to me also. I started MRC in January and it wasn't until August that people noticed. I teach, so everyone saw me from January till May. No comments but when I came back to school in August--wow!! Everyone was commenting on all the weight that I had lost. I think that I had lost 40 lbs from January till May and another 10 during the summer. I, too, felt discouraged that noboby noticed those first 20 and yes, I wore the same clothes but they felt a little better.

You are going in the right direction and you probably feel better. I felt so much better just walking down the hall without the extra weight. And, you're body is thanking you for it!

Stay with the program! And, congratulations for losing the first 22 pounds!:
thinknthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:48 AM   #74  
Lotus in Bloom

Glammy I have lost 12 but I've lost 22 inches overall. No one has said anything here either but one day they will. The only thing people say to me is "You are so disciplined." when I am eating something on MRC, and they are eating cake or teriyaki chicken from my favorite restaurant. Most times I don't see it as a compliment given the circumstances when it is said.

I know it will be nice when I do start hearing the compliments, but for right now I try to remind myself that I am doing this for me and not for them.
Old 01-08-2011, 11:14 AM   #75  

S/C/G: 209/178.8/150

Height: 5'4''

I agree that no one noticed until I was 20-25 pounds down. And I think it had to do with the fact that right around then, I went down a pants size....so my clothes fit my "new" body properly. I think when you wear the same big clothes you wore before, its hard to see where your body is underneath.

Now that I'm at 30 pounds, everyone is saying something. Even people at work I hardly talk to...they come in my office and say "hey, you look like you have lost weight." Its crazy. Like overnight, people starting noticing.

Don't get down on yourself. Go buy a cute new outfit that fits this smaller body...and I'm sure people will notice how great you are looking.
Razorbackbritt is offline   Reply With Quote